blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:14:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  An Ape and a notebook, how long will it take?
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 243 244 [245] 246 247 248 249 ... 253 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An Ape and a notebook, how long will it take?  (Read 476315 times)
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #3660 on: June 23, 2013, 05:33:13 PM »

Sounds like u playing with better discipline, that's good. Hope u run good, and can move up stakes swiftly, glgl
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #3661 on: June 23, 2013, 10:02:51 PM »

Sounds like u playing with better discipline, that's good. Hope u run good, and can move up stakes swiftly, glgl

thanks, had another short session today... played well again, won again.

#keepitup

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #3662 on: June 24, 2013, 09:07:55 PM »

What do we think??

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/3689435_AC654DE420

I hated the spot..... the 3bt-or is a splashy reg who doesn't seem to hand read well, but I don't expect him to be to far OOL here when out of position to my UTG open.

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #3663 on: June 25, 2013, 02:37:55 AM »

I don't know anyone who folds that AK OTR, I was thinking c/r the flop might be better idk

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #3664 on: June 25, 2013, 09:56:06 AM »

I don't know anyone who folds that AK OTR, I was thinking c/r the flop might be better idk

for example...

If I'd flatted AA here in the AK hand from the BB (have done in the past) and I happily go - call, call, call, call, call until we've seen his cards....
I always saw AK+ and in a population where a lot of people won't bet AK 3 times on a Kxxxx board that means we're looking at a range of AK+ most of the time when its value, and vs some people (the ones who chkbk AK) we're against a much stronger range.

That being said, the times we're up against someone like I used to be (barells too much, doesnt have good brakes) then when they triple, it becomes super easy to call because they don't have balanced value:bluff ratios and so we're just always winning... in fact, vs those people and this sizing, we're probably good here with Kx, potentially much worse even.

I had a similar hand to this last night where a guy did exactly the same as the AK guy... on 47557 and we had JJ, we went call, call, call, call, call, call, call and eventually he showed us the AA for a pretty nice river value shove.....

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #3665 on: June 26, 2013, 12:50:37 AM »

Just a little note to mention how I'm feeling/ playing and going atm...

I am currently, absolutely crushing 25nl.
Completely.

Everything has clicked, and although I had a big losing session yesterday... I just ran two pair into straights and otherwise into KK a lot.

Meh, rectified that today with some big positive numbers but more conclusively just some really nicely played hands.
Two bluffs didn't work, one was a UK 'hero' who will be made to feel some heat in lots of spots if he's going to cc, cc, cc vs my UTG open with  on  . Cheesy it was a pretty sweet call in the end, just surprised me that was what he tanked over.

Other than that I made a couple of regs absolutely explode... with a couple of overbet jam's for value in 3/4bt pots.

The best thing though is that I've just found a really smooth, really quick and consistent 'game' that I'm settling into which is heavy on the nut peddling but there's just so much automation and its seems to be working really nicely.

I've put a hh in the PHA about a hand where I have second set on a  board.  The turn raise from the villain was a little eugh and made me feel a little sick inside.  But meh...
#nexthandpls

Other than this, I've been much better around the house and taking care of myself food wise which is great.

#BnJ's£2atub
is NOT helping.......

However I bought some for the missus and left it alone while I had a banana and a kiwi fruit - WTF!

Boiler man came to service it for the first time ever and so that required the cost of a small house to fix, but its less than the 6yrs of servicing id have had to have done so its pretty meh.

Just wondering when someone is going to actually come over and start melting down my things for payment at the moment.....  Sucks to not be in Vegas, but I will get there....

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #3666 on: June 26, 2013, 12:56:08 AM »

Also, won a couple of Golden Chips for the Grand Prix, so that could be fun.

Haven't managed to 'sat' into the DTD deepstack yet this week, I think I'll keep on the sats rather than buyin.. that way any stack merging won't be costing me too much.

I had a mini screaming rant for 10 seconds earlier, when I yet again (think its 5 times now) ran A6/A5/A7 type hands from the BB or SB into AA when reshoving 9-13bb's in these sats.

It really is getting ridiculous..... Have KK, Have QQ, Have A FKINGING K for all I care.

Just don't have AA every single time we're about the bubble of the £100 seats.............................. ARGH!
#mehvariance

Today's was  two hearts and after flopping a 2, I was on the phone to Susie when I just said to her "we need another deuce really bad"

All I get from her is "its called a two...."

And then... just as I've bust

"Why don't you give up poker and get a hobby that pays you while you do it....?"

OMFGNTSREIFSERIOUS DFDSJFSDJFKLSDJGSKDJF:LSDF:LSSSSSSSSJGKSDFFJDSJ: DFACEPALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLM!

I know what she meant, but all I could 'see' was Nick and Alex's faces chuckling together saying "yeah John, why don't you...."
lol

Smiley

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3667 on: June 26, 2013, 09:49:10 AM »

Haha, incred rubs from your burd. Smiley

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #3668 on: June 26, 2013, 01:49:10 PM »

That would tilt me pretty hard. Only worse one is when you bubble a live comp "oh well at least you've had a day out"

HZHWKE DJSJHBSVSBENDNDNFNFFFFF
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #3669 on: June 26, 2013, 11:53:32 PM »

That would tilt me pretty hard. Only worse one is when you bubble a live comp "oh well at least you've had a day out"

HZHWKE DJSJHBSVSBENDNDNFNFFFFF

nah, its all good... I knew what she meant.

Anyways..

Finally won a DTD100 deepstack seat tonight and promptly navigated my way all the way to the end stages (again)... then lost a flip (again) to take away a chance of a day two.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Made a pretty 'big' fold in the deepstack with on  where Wadey limps pre, somehow I limp along (thinking its raised) and get raised behind.  4 callers inc Wadey and now I just call (doesn't seem bad getting 9:1 or sumat).

Checks to raiser who bets small, Wadey cr small and I just call... OR folds.

Wadey checks the turn, I check back - figuring I don't beat much anymore.... hope he doesn't lead river too big. Sad

River bricks out and Wadey leads for 8k into 11k or something, I just meh fold pretty quick and he says something about having 10's.... (shame it wasn't a Q turn...)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got a little momentum in these sats now and think I've tweaked my strategy a little, seems to be working well so far.

Other than that, had a big losing session earlier with some really shocking hands at 25nl... (think most of mine were ok, ill check tomorrow).
But stopped when I felt not 100% and then started up later again after dinner and a rest.  Won almost all of it back with some nice vbets and a couple of dece bluffs....

Gotta keep it going, would love to play my way into a comfy 25nl roll and use this Friday to catapult my way up.  Going to be playing with a bigger BR than before - 20bi's is definitely 'fine' but I think its just got too small a 'ledge' that I can slip or trip off of.

Want to work out a small mtt schedule I can play some days or at some parts of the month to keep my game sharp and to work on it more... these satellites are giving my <15bb game a workout for sure, but there are obviously a few different considerations.

#keepingonkeepingon

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3670 on: June 27, 2013, 06:35:23 PM »

I immediately thought of you when I read this article, John, so I've linked it here. I hope you take it in the intended spirit, which is intended to be helpful & constructive.

These lines, literally, jumped off the page, & I snap thought of you.

Here’s the problem and the heart of my revelation: when most players think about their opponent’s hand, they think about it as if they were playing it NOT as if their opponent were playing it.

You see, it’s not as simple as thinking about what your opponent might have – the key is to think about the hand as he sees it. A very weak player doesn’t see the game the same way that you do. He may not understand stuff like pot odds, or bet-sizing at all. He may not understand what your bets mean – he may not even care.

The full piece is here.....

http://bluffeurope.com/PokerMagazine/Nick-Wealthall-s-revelation_74.aspx

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #3671 on: June 27, 2013, 11:43:34 PM »

I immediately thought of you when I read this article, John, so I've linked it here. I hope you take it in the intended spirit, which is intended to be helpful & constructive.

These lines, literally, jumped off the page, & I snap thought of you.

Here’s the problem and the heart of my revelation: when most players think about their opponent’s hand, they think about it as if they were playing it NOT as if their opponent were playing it.

You see, it’s not as simple as thinking about what your opponent might have – the key is to think about the hand as he sees it. A very weak player doesn’t see the game the same way that you do. He may not understand stuff like pot odds, or bet-sizing at all. He may not understand what your bets mean – he may not even care.

The full piece is here.....

http://bluffeurope.com/PokerMagazine/Nick-Wealthall-s-revelation_74.aspx

thanks, just from the bits you highlighted I already agree...

seeing the hand from their point of view with their idea of poker is my toughest problem most of the time.
I make a so called good play or clever play and they dont see it the same way... meaning ive outsmarted myself and just given money away.

working out what level they think at and adjusting well is a very difficult skill in poker, but now I realise this and respect it as such im starting to improve my skills in this area.  I managed to work quite well at the luton 'monthly' and managed to cash. 
Just got to keep on going.

thanks a lot TK ill go through the article now.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #3672 on: July 02, 2013, 02:18:51 AM »

Who's the UK hero?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #3673 on: July 02, 2013, 07:19:22 PM »

Who's the UK hero?

doesn't matter...
big winning player and protege.  Think they've played over 6m hands between them.

More fun and games...

polerization

View Profile
« Reply #3674 on: July 20, 2013, 07:53:20 PM »

really enjoying reading the diary John found it very helpful to me to see someone playing at these stakes i will be playing at 25nl 6 max when i start playing seriously in September in Nottingham what problems have you found playing these limits?
what site do you play on now? (only up to page 45 Tongue )
Has the staking deal minus the coaching helped you? or did this put pressure on you?
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 243 244 [245] 246 247 248 249 ... 253 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: