blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:49:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  An Ape and a notebook, how long will it take?
Pages: 1 ... 240 241 242 243 [244] 245 246 247 248 ... 253 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An Ape and a notebook, how long will it take?  (Read 480295 times)
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #3645 on: June 12, 2013, 09:16:48 PM »

Can't stop thinking about Vegas and the fucking Mirage....

thoughts?

hows things? in?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #3646 on: June 13, 2013, 08:58:22 PM »

Can't stop thinking about Vegas and the fucking Mirage....

thoughts?

hows things? in?

O yea one more thing, I got a feelin'....

yea, what feeling is that?

i know you know this feeling..you know this feeling very well..i mean you got you table all set up, your fork, your knife, your A1 sauce..

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #3647 on: June 15, 2013, 02:15:40 AM »

What do we think of this??

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/3561719_7B57790E09

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #3648 on: June 15, 2013, 02:20:22 AM »

anby making it 5x pre is either a fish or just random spaz. not folding.

what happened to nl50?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #3649 on: June 15, 2013, 02:26:35 AM »

what happened to nl50?

Having life complications and trying to grind better brm for the mean time.

#storycheckzout

Just general population tendancies will dictate I get shown AK minimum here most of the time, as 'silly' as it sounds I actually expected that exact turn bet and river sizing and to see AA.  Wanted to fold turn.

Don't see people doing this with JJ/ QQ/ and KK is hard to have.  Just looks like AK/ AA to me.

??

NEWY

View Profile
« Reply #3650 on: June 15, 2013, 01:36:05 PM »

what happened to nl50?

#storycheckzout

Just general population tendancies will dictate I get shown AK minimum here most of the time, as 'silly' as it sounds I actually expected that exact turn bet and river sizing and to see AA.  Wanted to fold turn.

Don't see people doing this with JJ/ QQ/ and KK is hard to have.  Just looks like AK/ AA to me.

??

Why do u sometimes try and make people fold strong hands when u have nothing, then when u play a strong hand as a bluff catcher perfectly u fold? Surely u called pre for deception as much as anything hit dream flop then c/c c/c and checked river to let him bluff because if he checks behind u almost certainly are winning and u missed value. I may well be wrong cos I aint no hero but why not just pass turn if u gonna fold that river. I really dont know but u certainly confuse me. Poker confuses me. I wish u well cos I c some of myself sometimes in ur mindset and ur struggles. Hope u get where u want to be.
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #3651 on: June 16, 2013, 07:02:28 PM »

what happened to nl50?

#storycheckzout

??

Why do u sometimes try and make people fold strong hands when u have nothing, then when u play a strong hand as a bluff catcher perfectly u fold? Surely u called pre for deception as much as anything hit dream flop then c/c c/c and checked river to let him bluff because if he checks behind u almost certainly are winning and u missed value. I may well be wrong cos I aint no hero but why not just pass turn if u gonna fold that river. I really dont know but u certainly confuse me. Poker confuses me. I wish u well cos I c some of myself sometimes in ur mindset and ur struggles. Hope u get where u want to be.

I see the hand like this..

- Dont have a profitable 3bt pre
- people generally dont go off on utg triple barrel bluffs at this level
- He has 5x pre, combined with the triple... just adds up to a range so heavily skewed towards AA/ AK that I feel the river is a pretty trivial fold
- I would fold the turn with the vast majority of my range, however I feel AK has to be a turn call to this sizing almost all the time - as long as it is followed up by a call: fold ratio on the river suitable to play vs his range on whatever the final card is.  By this I mean that im obv calling everytime we improve and probably calling on some rivers that shouldnt improve his range (potentially when 2nd pair pairs etc..)

Id be interested to see the ranges that you guys think he has when he plays the hand like this?

Newy - appreciate the criticism. 
I very rarely now try to bluff someone off of more than one pair, and also rarely do it with nothing... most I have a blocker or two and try to make it in spots where I'm more likely to have the better hand.

I know I get a little fruitier than other players and the better I time it and learn when to put the breaks on the more success I see.
one of the things I'm trying to improve the most is to make sure I put people in situations where they have a 0ev play.
As Honeybadger points out and has shown me, when their decision is 0ev it means ive 'won' the pot no matter what happens.

thanks for the good wishes.  Im certain there are plenty of people on blonde that enjoy the 'ride'.. even some that prefer to sweat a carcrash... but I know that my mentality in poker has improved so much over the last year or two.  I am confident that I can get to a level where im able to compete at a tough level and would like to be able to be profitable to a point where it can provide me some extra options in life - travelling to some new places, learning new games and strategies, being tested mentally and meeting some fun people.

one thing anyone who knows me would be certain of is that I absolutely
#lovethegame

Skippy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3652 on: June 17, 2013, 09:44:51 AM »

You don't think he's got worse Kings at all?

You've played the entire hand by assuming that because hes 5x'd it , he's got a super-premium hand. If you've got that bit wrong, then the rest of your logic doesn't really follow.
simonnatur

View Profile
« Reply #3653 on: June 17, 2013, 10:32:49 AM »

Is it impossible his thought process is..

Oh no JJ utg, dont want to play hand oop, I'll just take blinds down.
Villain chk/called two streets, obv has flush/combo draw
Better shove river for value, maybe even get better to fold once in a while.

Reluctant to race, came home in own time
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #3654 on: June 19, 2013, 03:58:29 PM »

You don't think he's got worse Kings at all?

You've played the entire hand by assuming that because hes 5x'd it , he's got a super-premium hand. If you've got that bit wrong, then the rest of your logic doesn't really follow.

fair... its just experience that has shown me in these spots people just have AK beat pretty often.

if I knew he was a reg or thought he was a multitabler then its possible that he is being overly aggressive, like I used to be.  In these cases I would obv snap river.

Is it impossible his thought process is..

Oh no JJ utg, dont want to play hand oop, I'll just take blinds down.
Villain chk/called two streets, obv has flush/combo draw
Better shove river for value, maybe even get better to fold once in a while.

its not impossible obviously, Im trying to use that word less and less nowadays.

Just unlikely imo.
I havent got a good record of hero plays vs UTG opponents.......

NEWY

View Profile
« Reply #3655 on: June 19, 2013, 05:38:06 PM »

Why do u keep highlightin its UTG. it was 4 handed he was effectively cut off. u played it perfect as a bluff catcher jus snap his bluff off and if he got the best hand then so be it, You got Top pair top kicker 4 handed when u have massively under repped ur hand. What does he put u on? He could be defo be shoving worse for value and defo shoving to bluff u off the weaker hands u have represented. Mitch once said if he never hero called or hero folded he wud have even more millions than he already has. Onwards and upwards... next hand please.. gl gl gl
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #3656 on: June 19, 2013, 06:13:06 PM »

Why do u keep highlightin its UTG. it was 4 handed he was effectively cut off. u played it perfect as a bluff catcher jus snap his bluff off and if he got the best hand then so be it, You got Top pair top kicker 4 handed when u have massively under repped ur hand. What does he put u on? He could be defo be shoving worse for value and defo shoving to bluff u off the weaker hands u have represented. Mitch once said if he never hero called or hero folded he wud have even more millions than he already has. Onwards and upwards... next hand please.. gl gl gl

fair..

dwayne110

View Profile
« Reply #3657 on: June 21, 2013, 09:06:11 PM »

Villain played the hand terribly with bet sizing imo, got to the river with a pot sized bet stack (likely by chance, not calculation!), & was left with the ideal showing stack for a bluff. Key point to remember is you've under-repped your hand so much with your passive play (likely making him think the shove will get through as you were stubbornly defending your big blind, etc). The way I see it it's far more likely he's bet large on each street to try and bully you off the pot - I mean, would he really bet each street this way with AA/KK, when he wants to be called (4 handed etc)? Not to mention we have blockers to the only 2 hands you're worried about! 

If you're going to decide to play A-K this way pre, then as played & on that board you have to be snap-calling as a bluff catcher.
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #3658 on: June 22, 2013, 11:29:32 AM »

Villain played the hand terribly with bet sizing imo, got to the river with a pot sized bet stack (likely by chance, not calculation!), & was left with the ideal showing stack for a bluff. Key point to remember is you've under-repped your hand so much with your passive play (likely making him think the shove will get through as you were stubbornly defending your big blind, etc). The way I see it it's far more likely he's bet large on each street to try and bully you off the pot - I mean, would he really bet each street this way with AA/KK, when he wants to be called (4 handed etc)? Not to mention we have blockers to the only 2 hands you're worried about! 

If you're going to decide to play A-K this way pre, then as played & on that board you have to be snap-calling as a bluff catcher.

yeah, range wise... if I get to the river with x hands...

x amount will be things like sets ive just ckcalled due to his sizings...
x amount will be AK/ type hands
x amount will be <QQ I didnt fold turn with.

if this is the case.....
Group 1 - fistpump, snap, call mum and tell her were arrrrin
Group 2 - some % will need to be a call, some a fold.... im unsure how much of each
Group 3 - these are now a fold most of the time.... if not always

makes sense "rangewise".

Like samwise... only less gay.

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #3659 on: June 22, 2013, 11:59:14 AM »

On a side note, been taking stock of life, poker, and mi'lady in the last week or two.
First 'break from blonde' for me.... feels strange but both good and bad.

Ive been doing some grownup things and working out how and where to go from here.

Thee realisation that im not going to be a poker professional by years end wasnt pleasant, but its true at the moment.  I have played a small sample of <£1k comps this year and have unfortunately not been able to run Goulden.  Genuinely happy with all my bustouts.... (even the dreaded Two Diamonds).  However, have also improved a lot in temperament and think I fight for pots much more intelligently than before.

This is on the back of playing quite a bit of 10nl this week, partly due to brm issues (still want to improve, still need to play and work) and partly due to wanting to feel like I can win at poker.

So far its been pretty successful, bb wise.  We're up a couple of bi's at 10nl even with some close-ish possible mistakes....

Then last night we decided to play a little session, ran super cold after a good start (ran into KK with JJ/ AK 4x in 2 orbits) I was disciplined enough to stop, take a hour and then go back to it.

That started well and so we took a shot at 25nl and it went really well.......

We won a lot, bb wise... made some really nice hands, ran a little golden and also felt like I was playing my absolute A game.
I made a few really good folds, some great value bets and managed to win a 450bb pot with 5 high vs A high where I made him blow up on 4346  (we has ).

I consciously made an effort to not slip into "johnmode" and manged to keep at my peak for a good 3-4 hours.... won lots and am looking forward to playing more, again, soon.

Today however is a slightly different deal.... im meeting 'the family' as ive been invited to her sisters wedding and need to meet people so im not a complete stranger.
Obviously we find out too late there isnt any water and so just bathed in a bath with a bowl.... Sad
Now have to meet mummy and immediately run upstairs to shower so I dont stink of 'good morning'.

Anyways, getting shouted at to hurry up.... so im off.

Pages: 1 ... 240 241 242 243 [244] 245 246 247 248 ... 253 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: