blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:30:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 7162 7163 7164 7165 [7166] 7167 7168 7169 7170 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13446285 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #107475 on: September 27, 2015, 07:25:12 PM »

Any American Football suggestions? Know little about the sport tbh but enjoyed the sweats last week.

If you can get on with bet 3&65 then New Orleans +8.5 at 21/20 is a good bet.

Mark Ingram first TD 10/1 is big too. They'll be running it all night, he'll be running it at the goal line and he is excellent stats wise for converting chances,

Lovely shout, Mr Kin.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #107476 on: September 27, 2015, 07:35:12 PM »

Any American Football suggestions? Know little about the sport tbh but enjoyed the sweats last week.

Mark Ingram first TD 10/1 is big too. They'll be running it all night, he'll be running it at the goal line and he is excellent stats wise for converting chances,

Great shout. Thanks.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #107477 on: September 27, 2015, 07:41:01 PM »

Adrian Peterson scores the first touchdown in Minnesota. Mike Wallace bets are losers.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #107478 on: September 27, 2015, 08:58:04 PM »

Lovely shout, Mr Kin.

Ask and thou shalt receive. Many thanks sir.
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #107479 on: September 27, 2015, 09:05:20 PM »

Roma won 5-1 yesterday, with Juventus losing at Napoli.

Big game this evening with leaders Inter hosting 2nd place Fiorentina. Could do with Inter dropping some points sooner rather than later....

Inter are having a meltdown
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #107480 on: September 27, 2015, 09:23:19 PM »

A couple for the 6pm kick offs, then, across the Pond.

Minnesota v San Diego won't be getting much attention, in all likelihood, but it looks like a tough game to call. San Diego have a more dynamic offence and the better quarterback, but Minnesota are at home and have the incomparable Adrian Peterson at running back, who, when these teams played eight years ago (one is NFC and the other is AFC, so they don't play each other very often), racked up a staggering 296 yards. After a slow start in his first game back since his absence (google it), he showed some of the old magic last week. He adds a massive plus to this emerging offensive unit. The opposition today has been appalling against the run in the last two games.

San Diego would score 20 points if the other team had 20 defenders on the field. It's kind of what they do. Philip Rivers is a top level QB, but needs support from his receivers and much more from his offensive line. In fact, San Diego have problems in both offensive and defensive lines, with the number of injuries really threatening their playoff ambitions. Minnesota's game is built on pressuring the quarterback, rather than looking to smash him down and they have a talented secondary to pick up any stray passes.

It will be a close game, but San Diego won't be winning this game by killing it slowly, so we can be sure there will be risks taken. Minnesota aren't a heavy scoring team, but they will find spaces in the backfield, as the defense is stocked with runstuffers and linebackers avoid outside blitzes. Offensive Coordinator, Norv Turner, used to be the head coach in San Diego. A bit of a Steve McLaren type, he's frequently mocked for his time as leader, but he is an excellent coach and play-caller.

The biggest injury news is Chargers' cornerback and former lead singer of The Killers, Brandon Flowers, who is out. This means Mike Wallace, the up and down wide receiver of the Vikings, will have a second choice secondary to attack on his vertical (i.e., run Forrest run) routes.  

There are two bets I like in this game. Firstly, the line on points is 45.5, for which those of you on Scuy can get Evens on the overs. Fred will still enjoy 20/21 with BMU. The Chargers will score 23 points (as they managed a total of 52 against Detroit and Cincinnati) and the Vikings are a 1 point favourite (having been opposed by the market this week, down from 2.5 favourites).

The second bet is a riskier one. Mike Wallace first touchdown scorer at 12/1 with Chorals (also patrick and scuy) as he will offer a genuine threat in this game. Overs on his receiving yards is a thought, but 12/1 in a game where running the ball is likely for the Vikings seems like a good bit of contrarian value.

Recommend £42 on OVER 45.5 points with BMU
Recommend £10 on Mike Wallace First TD at 12/1 with Chorals

As an aside, the Vikings are currently in a dispute with their mascot, a viking called Ragnar.

He was on $1,500 a game. He now wants $20,000 a game.

Vikings are destroying the Chargers 31-7. Consolation score gets us to 45, so we need two scoring plays in the last period to win. Rivers hasn't turned up at all today and, if we fail, that's what will do us.

Whoever said "San Diego would score 20 points if the other team had 20 defenders on the field" is an idiot.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 09:26:21 PM by Tal » Logged

HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #107481 on: September 27, 2015, 09:39:27 PM »

This is pretty close. I had no idea about the 2pt conversion thingy they just attempted.

Punting really does make any sport fun!
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #107482 on: September 27, 2015, 09:40:22 PM »

Speaking of contrarian...

I'd like to propose Nick Foles to pass for over 248.5 yards in the game St Louis Rams v Pittsburgh Steelers. The Rams are a frustrating outfit, but they have a guy who can chuck it far now, some speedy guys in the deep and a competent if unspectacular run game.

None of that matters, though, because the Steelers score all of the points. All of them. And that means, when you play against the Steelers, you have to go airborne. In fantasy point terms, in the last 11 weeks of fantasy relevant football (not including week 17 of last season), the Steelers have played against ten teams that have had a quarterback put up a top 10 performance (per Number Fire). That's an astonishing statistic. It means, whoever they play, the quarterback goes ballistic. Doesn't matter whether it's a good one or a bad one. They rack up passing yards.

Foles struggled against Washington, but put 290 yards up Seattle. This line is 30 too low and we should have a nice bet on the overs.

Recommend £33 on Nick Foles to pass for over 248.5 yards with BMU at 10/11

Huge play for Foles downfield which gets us the win with a couple of minutes left...intercepted.

Insert disappointed noises here.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #107483 on: September 27, 2015, 09:47:08 PM »

Touchdown Chargers. 31-14.

30 seconds on the clock so that will be game over. Barring craziness, we lost by half a point. Apologies to those who followed me in on the 45.5. Swinebag's point about the importance of the number 45 underlined perfectly. 

swinebag22

View Profile
« Reply #107484 on: September 27, 2015, 09:48:59 PM »

This is pretty close. I had no idea about the 2pt conversion thingy they just attempted.

Saints Backup QB has had a really good game.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #107485 on: September 27, 2015, 09:50:13 PM »

Roethlisberger. Huge sigh. Insane amount of big injuries so far, we've just got smacked with a big one

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
swinebag22

View Profile
« Reply #107486 on: September 27, 2015, 09:50:45 PM »

30 seconds on the clock so that will be game over. Barring craziness, we lost by half a point. Apologies to those who followed me in on the 45.5. Swinebag's point about the importance of the number 45 underlined perfectly. 

Yikes, hate to be right there.

Hoping for some craziness
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #107487 on: September 27, 2015, 09:53:34 PM »

Saints Backup QB has had a really good game.

He was pretty unlucky there. Amazing interception on a match winning play.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #107488 on: September 27, 2015, 09:54:36 PM »

The Vikings defense almost killed rivers. Difference between winning and losing that one

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #107489 on: September 27, 2015, 09:56:17 PM »

Yikes, hate to be right there.

Hoping for some craziness

Should have gone for 2

Cheesy

Nope. Lost. I just couldn't see the Chargers failing to turn up today and making it a game.

The Vikings defense almost killed rivers. Difference between winning and losing that one

Absolutely. They covered Woodhead in the slot too. He never had the easy pass short available.

Been some crazy games today. Incredible stuff going on.

Pages: 1 ... 7162 7163 7164 7165 [7166] 7167 7168 7169 7170 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: