blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:57:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 7863 7864 7865 7866 [7867] 7868 7869 7870 7871 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13445546 times)
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #117990 on: June 02, 2016, 12:26:39 PM »

The corsican died after an accident on the gallops today, we had backed for the coronation cup. Sad day, with steps also suffering the same fate aswell.

Adz's bokking operates on a different level to that of us mere mortals.

Yes apologies all.

I am told Spencer strangled him to death on the gallops...............

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #117991 on: June 02, 2016, 12:50:05 PM »

Honestly don't think anyone is riding better than Jamie this season. And that includes the big two.

He's a thinking jockey and sometimes it doesn't pay off, but he gets it wrong way less than the likes of Shane Kelly and Georgey B.

Tommy Seagull raves about him and there's plenty of stats to back up the theory that he's the nuts in straight-course handicaps. The rest go too fast too often and Jamie usually gets his fractions spot on.

Easy target for betting shop and pub punters.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #117992 on: June 02, 2016, 01:01:28 PM »

Honestly don't think anyone is riding better than Jamie this season. And that includes the big two.

He's a thinking jockey and sometimes it doesn't pay off, but he gets it wrong way less than the likes of Shane Kelly and Georgey B.

Tommy Seagull raves about him and there's plenty of stats to back up the theory that he's the nuts in straight-course handicaps. The rest go too fast too often and Jamie usually gets his fractions spot on.

I'm guessing that's another snide dig, with a get out clause...

You don't bare grudges for long do you.lol

Oh well.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #117993 on: June 02, 2016, 01:16:54 PM »

Do you think Shane has 'got it wrong ' half the time hes beat, or job done ?

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #117994 on: June 02, 2016, 01:22:38 PM »

He once said after a race that he would have won if he had given the horse a crack of the whip - he's a scumbag imo and holds punters in contempt (as do some other jockeys).

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #117995 on: June 02, 2016, 01:30:24 PM »

He once said after a race that he would have won if he had given the horse a crack of the whip - he's a scumbag imo and holds punters in contempt (as do some other jockeys).

I think it was Neil Channing who posted something which included an analysis of waiting tactics vs front running in jockeys.  I am pretty sure the conclusion was thar waiting tactics were more successful due to the more even pace.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #117996 on: June 02, 2016, 01:47:06 PM »

I'm guessing that's another snide dig, with a get out clause...

You don't bare grudges for long do you.lol

Oh well.

??

Re: Shane Kelly, a lot of jockeys will always tell you that they're riding for the owners. In his case I wouldn't doubt it.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #117997 on: June 02, 2016, 01:59:13 PM »

I think it was Neil Channing who posted something which included an analysis of waiting tactics vs front running in jockeys.  I am pretty sure the conclusion was thar waiting tactics were more successful due to the more even pace.

Don't know about that.  It's my observation/theory that the hold-up horses merely have better stamina and if the pace is fast in the initial stages this gives their stamina the chance to manifest itself.  A slow steady pace whether even or not allows the horses at the front to maintain their position relative to the rest of the field.  So there is no horsemanship in holding a horse up, it is the horses making the pace that will ultimately decide whether they are going to get a winning chance.   

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #117998 on: June 02, 2016, 02:09:33 PM »

Surely if horses had more stamina than required for the trip, they'd have plenty of use made of them rather than being held up?

atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #117999 on: June 02, 2016, 02:18:36 PM »

Most hold up horses have stamina doubts, thats why they are held up.

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #118000 on: June 02, 2016, 02:34:39 PM »

As far as I know it is fast paced races that generally lead to hold-up horses coming through ie the last furlong is considerably slower than eg the middle furlong.  The pace making horses have simply gone too fast - if these were the horses with stamina that wouldn't happen.  There really is a minimal difference in the per furlong time of the horse at the front and the horse at the rear, so the "even pace" argument doesn't make much sense.  If you look at any race over a mile or more the horses tend to maintain their positions for most of the race.

Also the perfect tactic for a front running horse is to go slowly and get the others behind pulling and not settled rather than drain their stamina.

The even pace argument might somewhat apply in sprints as they go almost flat out and a lot of thoughts on this come from the usa where there are lots of sprints.  But this might also be a bit of an illusion and simply that the pace horse is going too fast.

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #118001 on: June 02, 2016, 02:35:46 PM »

They say that but I think that's pish.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #118002 on: June 02, 2016, 02:41:31 PM »

I don't really think this is true. All of the analysis says the most energy efficient and fastest way to run any distance is a completely even output of energy throughout, with nothing left at the line. Holding up a doubtful stayer is only of benefit if they go slow in front, your energy output to finish in front isn't less because you're held up. James Willoughby wrote stacks of good stuff on this.
hector62

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet

View Profile
« Reply #118003 on: June 02, 2016, 06:15:44 PM »

Evening Tighty.

I have in the past supported Wakefield in superleague, but always when thy have been underdogs. Tonight they are a fairly big favourite to beat Hull KR and I think Hull KR are worth backing at 6/4. Wakefield have had a great run since sacking their manager, and their new manager was himself sacked by Hull KR earlier in the season. Wakefield have a number of players missing, most importantly is their captain Danny Kirmond. Hull KR seem to have targeted this match as they rested their Australian playmaker from last weeks trip to Catalans, with the hope that this is a winnable game.

Suggest £20 Hull KR @ 6/4 with betfred.

Puristville, Arizona.  Population (1)
MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118004 on: June 02, 2016, 06:37:16 PM »

Ms Bacsinszky fell at the final hurdle.
She lost 7-5, 6-2 to Kiki Bertens in the quarter-final.

Reigning Blonde Fantasy Ashes and Super League Champions
Pages: 1 ... 7863 7864 7865 7866 [7867] 7868 7869 7870 7871 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: