blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 11, 2024, 03:09:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272978 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 7864 7865 7866 7867 [7868] 7869 7870 7871 7872 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13593974 times)
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #118005 on: June 02, 2016, 06:47:31 PM »

Ms Bacsinszky fell at the final hurdle.
She lost 7-5, 6-2 to Kiki Bertens in the quarter-final.

Mere....mortal Smiley
Unlucky, keep 'em coming!
MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118006 on: June 02, 2016, 06:53:07 PM »

Mere....mortal Smiley
Unlucky, keep 'em coming!

It was an excellent tip but, unfortunately, it wasn't mine!

Reigning Blonde Fantasy Ashes and Super League Champions
Sportshead

View Profile
« Reply #118007 on: June 02, 2016, 07:00:58 PM »

Bosnia play Denmark in the Kirin cup , an invitational 4 team Tournement , in Japan at 8am our time tomorrow morning

Bosnia have lost 3 games in their last 12 against Spain, Belgium and Ireland in the euro playoff ,winning 7
Denmark have only won once in the last 8 , the Danes are ranked 38th in the FIFA rankings and Bosnia are 20th

Both teams have selected strong squads although imo with Dzeko and Pjanic up front Bosnia have a lot more firepower than Denmark who will relay on spurs midfielder Eriksen

It looks like a toss up between the 2 but I would edge towards the Bosnians on form and ability
But you can back them @14/5 generally and as big as 3/1 with BV and B365

I would like to suggest a bet on this basis on Bosnia ( bound to get a bet placed for thread eventually Wink )

And which punters don't like to start the day off with a 3/1 shot before breakfast
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #118008 on: June 02, 2016, 07:28:52 PM »

Bosnia play Denmark in the Kirin cup , an invitational 4 team Tournement , in Japan at 8am our time tomorrow morning

Bosnia have lost 3 games in their last 12 against Spain, Belgium and Ireland in the euro playoff ,winning 7
Denmark have only won once in the last 8 , the Danes are ranked 38th in the FIFA rankings and Bosnia are 20th

Both teams have selected strong squads although imo with Dzeko and Pjanic up front Bosnia have a lot more firepower than Denmark who will relay on spurs midfielder Eriksen

It looks like a toss up between the 2 but I would edge towards the Bosnians on form and ability
But you can back them @14/5 generally and as big as 3/1 with BV and B365

I would like to suggest a bet on this basis on Bosnia ( bound to get a bet placed for thread eventually Wink )

And which punters don't like to start the day off with a 3/1 shot before breakfast

Looks decent to me.

What are peoples thoughts on Everton?
There is going to be big name manager coming in, Koeman speaking to them today and Emery has already spoken with them. There is supposed to be £150m to spend and they already have a decent squad.
200/1 to win the title so I've done a small e/w there. 16/1 to be top 4, another one I think is decent. 11/2 top 6 also.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #118009 on: June 02, 2016, 08:41:07 PM »

Honestly don't think anyone is riding better than Jamie this season. And that includes the big two.

He's a thinking jockey and sometimes it doesn't pay off, but he gets it wrong way less than the likes of Shane Kelly and Georgey B.

Tommy Seagull raves about him and there's plenty of stats to back up the theory that he's the nuts in straight-course handicaps. The rest go too fast too often and Jamie usually gets his fractions spot on.

Easy target for betting shop and pub punters.

I think Spencer is riding better than he has done for a while, granted, but I still find I am groaning more often than not at some of his rides.

To suggest he gets it right more often than Baker or Kelly also doesn't factor in he gets a lot better book of rides(ie triers) than either of them. Baker is even at the same percentage of rides to winners this season.

I think, to see a rider getting up on the line like Spencer et al, gives a far more instantaneous rush, but as I have wised up, I derive just as much pleasure from watching a Frankie or a Joe Fanning get the sections right and grind out a win from the front.

Frank will always leave himself wide open to criticism when he insists on ensuring he is nearly always plum last after a furlong, and when you get beat under half a length so often, you have to think he could be doing better. Never thought of mid pack Jaimie?!

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #118010 on: June 02, 2016, 09:55:34 PM »

Grudges should only be bared with the lights switched off.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #118011 on: June 02, 2016, 10:41:41 PM »

Evening Tighty.

I have in the past supported Wakefield in superleague, but always when thy have been underdogs. Tonight they are a fairly big favourite to beat Hull KR and I think Hull KR are worth backing at 6/4. Wakefield have had a great run since sacking their manager, and their new manager was himself sacked by Hull KR earlier in the season. Wakefield have a number of players missing, most importantly is their captain Danny Kirmond. Hull KR seem to have targeted this match as they rested their Australian playmaker from last weeks trip to Catalans, with the hope that this is a winnable game.

Suggest £20 Hull KR @ 6/4 with betfred.

With 5 minutes remaining, Hull KR lead Wakefield 48-16, so another great spot Hector.

Fred missed it as Tighty was busy elsewhere, but I'm sure plenty others got on.

Great stuff.

Edit - make that 52-16, with 4 minutes left.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #118012 on: June 02, 2016, 10:53:08 PM »

Evening Tighty.

I have in the past supported Wakefield in superleague, but always when thy have been underdogs. Tonight they are a fairly big favourite to beat Hull KR and I think Hull KR are worth backing at 6/4. Wakefield have had a great run since sacking their manager, and their new manager was himself sacked by Hull KR earlier in the season. Wakefield have a number of players missing, most importantly is their captain Danny Kirmond. Hull KR seem to have targeted this match as they rested their Australian playmaker from last weeks trip to Catalans, with the hope that this is a winnable game.

Suggest £20 Hull KR @ 6/4 with betfred.

With 5 minutes remaining, Hull KR lead Wakefield 48-16, so another great spot Hector.

Fred missed it as Tighty was busy elsewhere, but I'm sure plenty others got on.

Great stuff.

Edit - make that 52-16, with 4 minutes left.

Hector's ROI must be off the scale.

Thanks again, brilliant stuff.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118013 on: June 02, 2016, 11:12:17 PM »

Hector's ROI must be off the scale.

Thanks again, brilliant stuff.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #118014 on: June 03, 2016, 01:45:20 AM »

Ah, never underestimate the underdog in women's tennis!

hector62

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet

View Profile
« Reply #118015 on: June 03, 2016, 10:08:50 AM »

Morning Tighty.

In recent weeks we have backed Andy Murray to beat Nadal and Djokovic when he was the under dog. Today he is favourite to beat Wawrinka and I think that is wrong. Wawrinka has won all 3 times they have met on clay, although none have been recent and Murray has changed his game a lot. But Wawrinka is the defending champion, completely outplayed Djokovic here last year, and he has looked the best player, to me anyway, this year. As long as he is mentally OK, never a certainty for Wawrinka, then I expect a 4 or 5 set win.

Suggest £20 Wawrinka @ 6/5 with Betvictor or Paddy Power

Puristville, Arizona.  Population (1)
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #118016 on: June 03, 2016, 10:55:24 AM »

Quarter the odds in the Oaks is so golden today, with a less-than-bombproof favourite and a tree in the nine runners.

If it was soft they'd all come up the near side, if it was good they'd all stay up the inside.

I guess they'll start today by coming near side but, as it dries, they could wind up strewn right across the track. That would make for one ugly Derby, with 16 runners spread across the track like a Redcar sprint.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #118017 on: June 03, 2016, 11:02:34 AM »

Quarter the odds in the Oaks is so golden today, with a less-than-bombproof favourite and a tree in the nine runners.

If it was soft they'd all come up the near side, if it was good they'd all stay up the inside.

I guess they'll start today by coming near side but, as it dries, they could wind up strewn right across the track. That would make for one ugly Derby, with 16 runners spread across the track like a Redcar sprint.

Somehow at 8/1 and Architecture at 14/1 look best to me.  I have backed both those at quarter first 3, but thread can only get on architecture.  What you say Chompy?  I think the favourite must be vulnerable on softish ground too.   

Suggest 30 e/w on both if we can get quarter first 3 and those prices, but suspect a fifth is fine too. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #118018 on: June 03, 2016, 11:18:11 AM »

i backed Architecture for tikay a few days ago each way when i saw the shape of the race and posted on here that it must look like a great each way heat. looked the ideal candidate (ok Neil C told me to back it!)

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #118019 on: June 03, 2016, 11:19:53 AM »

I like Skiffle but this is just numbers. Minding had a hard race in the Irish Guineas too.

If she was coming here straight from Newmarket and the ground was better I wouldn't bother but she's there to be opposed.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Pages: 1 ... 7864 7865 7866 7867 [7868] 7869 7870 7871 7872 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: