blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:50:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 7932 7933 7934 7935 [7936] 7937 7938 7939 7940 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13442450 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #119025 on: June 26, 2016, 01:35:07 PM »

i tried for a fiver e/w on wales

got limited to £1.65 ew. lols

still, when they wints a grand, so why not...

Bet placed

Bet placed, its reference is 600/647

Bet ref: 600/647 1.65 Single
Market   Selection   Price   Hcp
World Cup 2018
World Cup 2018 Outright
EW 1/2 1,2   Wales   500/1   
Total stake   3.30
Estimated return   1,240.80
Full stake   3.30
Full estimated return   1,240.80

fwiw Fred must be on 25% at baldys now because they just laid me to lose 5k.

again, we generally have no problems with betfred, probably because the bet amounts are never hitting max exposures permitted

this would have been a £3750 liability so wasn't surprised to be limited

we appear to be fine on things to take out a few hundred quid or more

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #119026 on: June 26, 2016, 02:09:28 PM »

There's another sixes maths bet on the West Indies v Australia Tri Series final later.

Betting under 12.5 at 4/6 with C0ral and then over 9.5 at 1.87 with 888/UB means an ROI of -11.88% but there is a nice middle of 10, 11 and 12 sixes to scoop both bets.

Hopefully the unders firm will hold the price/line for longer here as this is an international. Over 9.5 is also offered by PP at 1.80.

Do all firms treat matches with reduced overs (due to rain or whatever) in the same way?
Do all bets stand if there is any length match at all or do some firms void the bet? Does it depend on the number of overs played?

This is a good question and I have dug around a few sites for their rules, which many differ on. I am too hungover to think of the permutations/instances where the bets could go wrong, so have compiled the relevant rules below with the:
differing parts in red
my comments in blue
contradictory(?) parts underlined

Coral
45.13 Match Sixes

How many sixes will be hit in the match?
In limited overs matches, bets will be void if it has not been possible to complete at least 80% of the overs scheduled to be bowled due to external factors, including bad weather, unless settlement of the bet has already been determined. (so 32 in t20, 80 in ODIs)
Only sixes scored from the bat (off any delivery – legal or not) will count towards the total sixes. Overthrows and extras do not count.
Sixes scored in a super over do not count.

B365
Total Match Sixes
If a match is abandoned due to outside interference then all bets will be void unless settlement is already determined. (so we'd win the overs bet that happens before a game is abandoned when no. of sixes is sitting in the scoop area, and the unders part would be voided )
In One Day matches both teams must face at least 40 overs each, otherwise bets void, unless settlement of bets is already determined.
In Twenty20 matches the match must be scheduled for the full 20 overs and there must be an official result unless settlement of bets is already determined. In One Day matches where the number of overs has been reduced and the outcome has not already been determined then bets will be void. For settlement purposes this is all deliveries from which a batsman is credited with exactly six runs (including All-run/Overthrows) (very rare that this happens). In matches decided by a Super-Over, sixes hit during the Super-Over will not count for settlement purposes.

Limited Overs (including One-Day Internationals, Twenty20s & Domestic One-Day cricket)
1.Should a match be transferred to a ‘reserve’ day, all bets will remain valid. (only site to mention this, AFAICS)
For “Total Fours/Sixes/Wides/Run-outs” betting, should the intervention of rain (or any other delay) result in the number of Overs being reduced from those initially scheduled at the time the bet was accepted, then all open bets will be declared void granted that the reduction per Innings is of 3 or more Overs in a Twenty 20 match, and of 5 or more in other limited Overs matches. In case that the reduction per Innings is of 2 or less Overs in a Twenty 20 match, and of 4 or less Overs in other limited Overs matches bets will stand. Should the outcome of such offers be already decided before the interruption and no further play would possibly change the outcome of such bets, then these will be settled accordingly.

PP
Over/Under Total Match Sixes/Fours
If either team’s innings in a limited overs match is reduced by more than 20% of the original allocation of overs (more than 4 in t20, 10 in ODIs) then all bets on this market shall be void regardless of how many sixes/fours are hit prior to or after any announced reduction in overs.

Does all the above mean that it's too risky to do these bets when there is risk of rain?
sonour

View Profile
« Reply #119027 on: June 26, 2016, 02:51:47 PM »

There's another sixes maths bet on the West Indies v Australia Tri Series final later.

Betting under 12.5 at 4/6 with C0ral and then over 9.5 at 1.87 with 888/UB means an ROI of -11.88% but there is a nice middle of 10, 11 and 12 sixes to scoop both bets.

Hopefully the unders firm will hold the price/line for longer here as this is an international. Over 9.5 is also offered by PP at 1.80.

Do all firms treat matches with reduced overs (due to rain or whatever) in the same way?
Do all bets stand if there is any length match at all or do some firms void the bet? Does it depend on the number of overs played?

This is a good question and I have dug around a few sites for their rules, which many differ on. I am too hungover to think of the permutations/instances where the bets could go wrong, so have compiled the relevant rules below with the:
differing parts in red
my comments in blue
contradictory(?) parts underlined

Coral
45.13 Match Sixes

How many sixes will be hit in the match?
In limited overs matches, bets will be void if it has not been possible to complete at least 80% of the overs scheduled to be bowled due to external factors, including bad weather, unless settlement of the bet has already been determined. (so 32 in t20, 80 in ODIs)
Only sixes scored from the bat (off any delivery – legal or not) will count towards the total sixes. Overthrows and extras do not count.
Sixes scored in a super over do not count.

B365
Total Match Sixes
If a match is abandoned due to outside interference then all bets will be void unless settlement is already determined. (so we'd win the overs bet that happens before a game is abandoned when no. of sixes is sitting in the scoop area, and the unders part would be voided )
In One Day matches both teams must face at least 40 overs each, otherwise bets void, unless settlement of bets is already determined.
In Twenty20 matches the match must be scheduled for the full 20 overs and there must be an official result unless settlement of bets is already determined. In One Day matches where the number of overs has been reduced and the outcome has not already been determined then bets will be void. For settlement purposes this is all deliveries from which a batsman is credited with exactly six runs (including All-run/Overthrows) (very rare that this happens). In matches decided by a Super-Over, sixes hit during the Super-Over will not count for settlement purposes.

Limited Overs (including One-Day Internationals, Twenty20s & Domestic One-Day cricket)
1.Should a match be transferred to a ‘reserve’ day, all bets will remain valid. (only site to mention this, AFAICS)
For “Total Fours/Sixes/Wides/Run-outs” betting, should the intervention of rain (or any other delay) result in the number of Overs being reduced from those initially scheduled at the time the bet was accepted, then all open bets will be declared void granted that the reduction per Innings is of 3 or more Overs in a Twenty 20 match, and of 5 or more in other limited Overs matches. In case that the reduction per Innings is of 2 or less Overs in a Twenty 20 match, and of 4 or less Overs in other limited Overs matches bets will stand. Should the outcome of such offers be already decided before the interruption and no further play would possibly change the outcome of such bets, then these will be settled accordingly.

PP
Over/Under Total Match Sixes/Fours
If either team’s innings in a limited overs match is reduced by more than 20% of the original allocation of overs (more than 4 in t20, 10 in ODIs) then all bets on this market shall be void regardless of how many sixes/fours are hit prior to or after any announced reduction in overs.

Does all the above mean that it's too risky to do these bets when there is risk of rain?

Thank you for doing this.
maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #119028 on: June 26, 2016, 05:24:38 PM »

The good thing about the rules is the Coral one. They are generally out of line and set it too low so we'd be on the overs. If we bink the overs and it gets rained off we bink with them but void for the unders.
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #119029 on: June 26, 2016, 06:12:13 PM »

Evening Tighty.

The ATP Nottingham starts tomorrow and we have the opportunity to back one of my favourite players to win it. Decent grass courters are hard to find here, we have Anderson and Muller who have good serves, and we have Johnson and Querrey who have more to their game. Iam  hoping that Marcos Baghdatis will have a big week here as I love watching him play. He made my shortlist for last week and should have gone a set up when he played Zverev but blew it.

Suggest Baghdatis £10 e/w @ 14-1 with betvictor or betfred.

Hector mentions the American, Steve Johnson, in his write-up. I watched Johnson sweep Richard Gasquet aside in their first round match at Queens. I can't say whether Gasquet is currently out of form, but whilst he was being typically French and temperamental during the encounter, I was massively impressed by Johnson. He has a superb, deep sliced backhand shot, but can pull out a double-handed punch when seeking a winner. His forehand is his strength, and he was playing it with great accuracy when given the chance. Perhaps he might have come to the net more, but I think the damp conditions had a lot to do with that. He reached the quarters but lost to Cilic (Rank 13) in 3 sets after taking the first.

He's in the top half of the draw at Nottingham, and will face Anderson (Rank 20) if he is to progress to the final (& meet Bagdhatis). He has beaten Anderson in the past, and it appears that these two are on opposite trajectories. At age 30, and coming back from surgery and a rest, I think it's fair to say that Anderson is a vulnerable top half top seed. The other top half seed is Sousa, priced at 18/1 vs the 16/1 of Johnson - this tells you all you need to know here. So, I feel that Johnson is seriously overpriced, and I'm on with a small E/W at 16/1.

Apologies for not providing a link, but I'd recommend a £10 e/w on Steve Johnson from the other side of the draw in Nottingham.

Top tipping Mr Suited, thank you.

Even better, we got 20/1

we profited by £250, which must have been the ladbrokes take out limit for us as we were restricted to £8.33 e/w

I'm delighted to have tipped a winning bet for the TfT thread. I feel more relaxed now about taking advantage of the expertise published by others on here. Hopefully there'll be another spot soon.

Thanks also to all who took the trouble to acknowledge the tip - it's appreciated.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #119030 on: June 26, 2016, 06:28:15 PM »

Double for SDS today at Windsor.  Takes a bit of pressure off the 12 day ban.
sonour

View Profile
« Reply #119031 on: June 26, 2016, 06:44:33 PM »

Evening Tighty.

The ATP Nottingham starts tomorrow and we have the opportunity to back one of my favourite players to win it. Decent grass courters are hard to find here, we have Anderson and Muller who have good serves, and we have Johnson and Querrey who have more to their game. Iam  hoping that Marcos Baghdatis will have a big week here as I love watching him play. He made my shortlist for last week and should have gone a set up when he played Zverev but blew it.

Hector mentions the American, Steve Johnson, in his write-up. I watched Johnson sweep Richard Gasquet aside in their first round match at Queens. I can't say whether Gasquet is currently out of form, but whilst he was being typically French and temperamental during the encounter, I was massively impressed by Johnson. He has a superb, deep sliced backhand shot, but can pull out a double-handed punch when seeking a winner. His forehand is his strength, and he was playing it with great accuracy when given the chance. Perhaps he might have come to the net more, but I think the damp conditions had a lot to do with that. He reached the quarters but lost to Cilic (Rank 13) in 3 sets after taking the first.

He's in the top half of the draw at Nottingham, and will face Anderson (Rank 20) if he is to progress to the final (& meet Bagdhatis). He has beaten Anderson in the past, and it appears that these two are on opposite trajectories. At age 30, and coming back from surgery and a rest, I think it's fair to say that Anderson is a vulnerable top half top seed. The other top half seed is Sousa, priced at 18/1 vs the 16/1 of Johnson - this tells you all you need to know here. So, I feel that Johnson is seriously overpriced, and I'm on with a small E/W at 16/1.

Apologies for not providing a link, but I'd recommend a £10 e/w on Steve Johnson from the other side of the draw in Nottingham.

Even better, we got 20/1

we profited by £250, which must have been the ladbrokes take out limit for us as we were restricted to £8.33 e/w

I'm delighted to have tipped a winning bet for the TfT thread. I feel more relaxed now about taking advantage of the expertise published by others on here. Hopefully there'll be another spot soon.

Thanks also to all who took the trouble to acknowledge the tip - it's appreciated.

Thank you 4K. Can you find us anything for Wimbledon. Maybe quarter winners ?
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #119032 on: June 26, 2016, 06:58:15 PM »

Evening Tighty.

Even better, we got 20/1

Hi Suited. Thanks to yourself and Hector for this. While I wasn't on oirginally (busy and never got on) saw the updates about the semis and got on Johnson for the final
engy

View Profile
« Reply #119033 on: June 26, 2016, 07:02:59 PM »

Ive still got bet365 money for Tikay, Ill send it over tomorrow tighty unless you want me to keep for bets
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #119034 on: June 26, 2016, 07:31:44 PM »

http://www.oddschecker.com/tennis/wimbledon/mens/player-to-win-3rd-quarter

This is a very interesting market.  Anyone got any views on it?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #119035 on: June 26, 2016, 07:51:23 PM »

Morning Mere, doobs;

The 365 bet for Venus to win Q4 - who do I owe - Mere, doobs, or both?

Am happy to do both bets (£40 in total) if that's what Tighty thinks best.

Will tx the cash once it is clarified.

Thanks for getting us on.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #119036 on: June 26, 2016, 07:51:47 PM »

http://www.oddschecker.com/tennis/wimbledon/mens/player-to-win-3rd-quarter

This is a very interesting market.  Anyone got any views on it?

First impression is that Verdasco is too big at 50-1 or bigger.  He's no mug on grass, beat Wawa on the surface this season, and I think there are question marks against some of the market leaders.  Also tempted to say Taylor Fritz is worth schrapnel at 150-1 purely based on the fact he recently took a set of Federer on grass.

Anyway - it's a wide open heat imo.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #119037 on: June 26, 2016, 07:51:59 PM »

Ive still got bet365 money for Tikay, Ill send it over tomorrow tighty unless you want me to keep for bets

Thanks engy,

I'll go with whatever Tighty thinks best.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #119038 on: June 26, 2016, 08:05:38 PM »

Thanks engy,

I'll go with whatever Tighty thinks best.
up to you engy. Sending it back is fine by me

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #119039 on: June 26, 2016, 08:41:40 PM »

Thanks a lot, more for for me as I was at the tournament so I got to watch him play in the flesh too!

Evening Tighty.

Even better, we got 20/1

Pages: 1 ... 7932 7933 7934 7935 [7936] 7937 7938 7939 7940 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: