blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:41:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272603 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 7989 7990 7991 7992 [7993] 7994 7995 7996 7997 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13437825 times)
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #119880 on: July 26, 2016, 11:09:22 PM »

Seems enough sentiment to back Norwich £50 at 10-1.  My feeling is we should do it straight up with no each way on the basis that it is a competitive league and if there is a team other than Geordies to romp it it will be Norwich.  If Norwich flop they flop so can't be fussed with each way but the fixed odds officionardos will adjudicate.
Peter-27

View Profile
« Reply #119881 on: July 26, 2016, 11:10:10 PM »

Very interesting discussion.

I agree the Championship is an incredibly hard league, but if we look at when Newcastle were last in the Championship, they utterly dominated. Finished on 102 points compared to West Brom's (who were 2nd) 91 points. Okay, that doesn't give us an indication into how this season will go, but it does show Championship domination can occur.

I'll be doing a max. bet on Newcastle to win the league at 15/8, and that would be my thread recommendation too.

If the league ran 100 times, I could see Newcastle winning > 50 times.

rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #119882 on: July 26, 2016, 11:13:23 PM »

Was taking a look at some of the football markets for the season, this one is interesting. Top Championship London club

What do people think?
http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/championship/top-london-club

All three teams are rated pretty similar in the betting, yet the Staffs firm prices Brentford as the dog of the three at 3/1

Anyone got any opinions on the Championship top scorer market
http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/championship/top-goalscorer

Hello, QPR supporter here.
Even without my blue and white hooped glasses on but I would make Brentford big outsiders of three here.
Even allowing for the wealth of their owner, selling two of your best players to your two local rivals is a strange move.
Bidewell(left back) to Rangers, and Button(goalkeeper) to Fulham seems a big gamble to me.
I know pre-season results are difficult to evaluate, but our win away a PSV in a behind closed doors friendly was impressive.
We also have cleared out most of the deadwood from previous regimes, and look set for a better season without the pressure of previous seasons caused by us splashing the cash.
I think the 17/10 with WH above for top London championship team is much too big, but I understand if it is too short for you to tie up money for the season.
As an alternative I think the 11/1 with Lads for promotion is generous too.
http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/championship/promotion

Recommend £20 @ 17/10, QPR top London in Championship.

The quotes are messed up but I wouldn't kid yourself that Button and Bidwell will be particularly big misses. Bidwell is a very solid championship left back but will never be more than that and he's too old fashioned - doesn't overlap well and is not quite quick enough. Captained Brentford last season as he was one of the few guaranteed a start due to us having no other left back in the squad but although we wish him well, no Bees fan is crying over his departure. He chose to move on rather than sign a new deal which is fair enough. Apparently, we are getting Rico Henry which is altogether more exciting.

Button is a better player than Bidwell but we've signed one of the most highly touted young keepers outside of the premier league in Bentley and Button knew he'd be second choice despite his impressive last couple of years. I fancy QPR will be better than Fulham this season but would make us a favourite in a match bet with Rangers.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #119883 on: July 26, 2016, 11:35:12 PM »

I agree the Championship is an incredibly hard league, but if we look at when Newcastle were last in the Championship, they utterly dominated. Finished on 102 points compared to West Brom's (who were 2nd) 91 points. Okay, that doesn't give us an indication into how this season will go, but it does show Championship domination can occur.

I'll be doing a max. bet on Newcastle to win the league at 15/8, and that would be my thread recommendation too.

Peter - personally as you are a spread man I think you might be better off hammering into Newcastle points.  I can't see them getting less than 70, and reckon they will open at 80ish?.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #119884 on: July 26, 2016, 11:36:39 PM »

Big brother showing once again it's good to back 20+/1 outsiders who are controversial and the show will fix to keep them in.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #119885 on: July 26, 2016, 11:38:24 PM »

I believe Abdi to Sheff Wed confirmed for £4 million.  Medical passed.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #119886 on: July 26, 2016, 11:41:13 PM »

There's £100 at 2.92 for you, Peter, on the exchange. Plenty on there before you get to 15/8, let alone even money.

It's certainly possible that one team runs away with a league, but this is a much tougher year to do that than last year. Villa, Derby, Brighton and Norwich are all going to be very good sides this season. Wolves will invest now they have a new owner, too. Newcastle aren't guaranteed anything and, although justifiably favourites, the notion of them being odds on is hurting my head.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #119887 on: July 26, 2016, 11:46:10 PM »

Winshoes.

I'm a big fan of striker Seb Polter. Is he going to get a first team run at Loftus Road this season? I firmly believe he has a lot of talent and I really hope he succeeds in West London. He is really missed at Union Berlin.
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #119888 on: July 26, 2016, 11:47:42 PM »

So you'd be getting stuck into top London club at 3/1 for the Bees?

Was taking a look at some of the football markets for the season, this one is interesting. Top Championship London club

What do people think?

All three teams are rated pretty similar in the betting, yet the Staffs firm prices Brentford as the dog of the three at 3/1

Even without my blue and white hooped glasses on but I would make Brentford big outsiders of three here.
Even allowing for the wealth of their owner, selling two of your best players to your two local rivals is a strange move.
Bidewell(left back) to Rangers, and Button(goalkeeper) to Fulham seems a big gamble to me.
I know pre-season results are difficult to evaluate, but our win away a PSV in a behind closed doors friendly was impressive.
We also have cleared out most of the deadwood from previous regimes, and look set for a better season without the pressure of previous seasons caused by us splashing the cash.
I think the 17/10 with WH above for top London championship team is much too big, but I understand if it is too short for you to tie up money for the season.

The quotes are messed up but I wouldn't kid yourself that Button and Bidwell will be particularly big misses. Bidwell is a very solid championship left back but will never be more than that and he's too old fashioned - doesn't overlap well and is not quite quick enough. Captained Brentford last season as he was one of the few guaranteed a start due to us having no other left back in the squad but although we wish him well, no Bees fan is crying over his departure. He chose to move on rather than sign a new deal which is fair enough. Apparently, we are getting Rico Henry which is altogether more exciting.

Button is a better player than Bidwell but we've signed one of the most highly touted young keepers outside of the premier league in Bentley and Button knew he'd be second choice despite his impressive last couple of years. I fancy QPR will be better than Fulham this season but would make us a favourite in a match bet with Rangers.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #119889 on: July 26, 2016, 11:53:37 PM »

No way do Newcastle win this 50% of the time in that scenario. Ridiculously tight division. I can understand why they are favourites but they are way too short IMO. Newcastle could be cruising by Christmas or just as feasibly be managerless and stuck in midtable.

Agreed about lumping on Norwich ftw if can get 10/1 or close, even more so with RM waiting in the wings. They have an air of Burnley about them and can see them bouncing back straight away (then probably going down again in 2017/18)

Best Bitter.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #119890 on: July 26, 2016, 11:57:14 PM »

I think Newcastle do win this 50%+ of the time. People say it's a competitive league, but this season looks different. It looks s very weak league away from Newcastle/Norwich.
winshoes

View Profile
« Reply #119891 on: July 27, 2016, 12:01:29 AM »

Winshoes.

I'm a big fan of striker Seb Polter. Is he going to get a first team run at Loftus Road this season? I firmly believe he has a lot of talent and I really hope he succeeds in West London. He is really missed at Union Berlin.

I think it will be between him and Connor Washington for the role with JFH seeming to prefer Seb based on most of the pre-season so far.
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #119892 on: July 27, 2016, 02:08:18 AM »

I think it's a very good price in a three horse race.

Brentford 5th, 9th last two seasons.
Fulham 17th, 20th
QPR 20th PL, 12th champ.

Fulham and Brentford pieces should be swapped. Lost Dembele, lost the young American midfielder whose name escapes me but impressed me last year and potentially losing McCormack. Replaced with Aluko, Malone and McDonald. Squad is worse this season than last so not sure why they are expected to make up points unless the bookies think QPR and Brentford are bottom four which is not where the firms have them.

Edit - not sure why the quotes are skew-whiff!

So you'd be getting stuck into top London club at 3/1 for the Bees?

What do people think?

« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 02:20:45 AM by rinswun » Logged

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #119893 on: July 27, 2016, 10:18:45 AM »

Brentford lost 1-0 in a friendly to the mighty Posh last night but looked very good. Seems a good price to me.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #119894 on: July 27, 2016, 10:37:00 AM »

I like Brentford a lot, look at the way they ended last season. They also missed Andeas Bjelland for the entirety of last season whom they spent 3m on last summer and then he was unfortunate to instantly get a season ending injury.

Don't see what losing David Button has to do with anything when they have managed to sign the most exciting goalkeeper outside of the premiership in Daniel Bentley, and Scott Hogan is an absolute ball player. Was hoping he'd be bigger than he is so I could back him for top gs but he seems about right in a very competitive market this season. 

Pages: 1 ... 7989 7990 7991 7992 [7993] 7994 7995 7996 7997 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: