blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:28:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8191 8192 8193 8194 [8195] 8196 8197 8198 8199 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13440608 times)
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #122910 on: October 24, 2016, 12:11:01 PM »

Nice spot on Thiem, Bergeroo

Worked out with the bet!

I had a spare afternoon in Vienna on Saturday so I went to the qualifiers for the main tournament. Had to leave on Sunday so I didn't see the Tie Break thing...

Best player I saw in the qualifiers was the German, Struff. He has a lot of power, good all round game and a nice range of shots and looked a class above. He has had some decent results this year and today he plays a rapidly fading Isner, who has had a stuttering, injury prone season.

I was minded to have a bet, but I was hoping for a better price offered than 2-1. I'm not sure this is a big enough price for me to recommend a bet here, so I will be keeping my powder dry or looking at another way to bet the match. If he gets through then the next round could be interesting.

A couple of the other qualifiers also looked decent but they have very tough matches against top seeds so no interest there.

I also got to see the Brit Marcus Willis play his qualifier. He actually did a lot better than I expected and took it to three sets and could have won. He had a lot of creativity, came into the net and had a good lefty serve but he was exposed mostly with his lack of power on groundstrokes and his movement around the court. Fun to watch him though. Interesting to see if he plays some Challengers and tries to get fit next season.

great tip! ...thanks from Fred and myself. Smiley

Fred winnings transferred.
hector62

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet

View Profile
« Reply #122911 on: October 24, 2016, 12:56:51 PM »

Nice spot on Thiem, Bergeroo

Worked out with the bet!

I had a spare afternoon in Vienna on Saturday so I went to the qualifiers for the main tournament. Had to leave on Sunday so I didn't see the Tie Break thing...

Best player I saw in the qualifiers was the German, Struff. He has a lot of power, good all round game and a nice range of shots and looked a class above. He has had some decent results this year and today he plays a rapidly fading Isner, who has had a stuttering, injury prone season.

I was minded to have a bet, but I was hoping for a better price offered than 2-1. I'm not sure this is a big enough price for me to recommend a bet here, so I will be keeping my powder dry or looking at another way to bet the match. If he gets through then the next round could be interesting.

A couple of the other qualifiers also looked decent but they have very tough matches against top seeds so no interest there.

I also got to see the Brit Marcus Willis play his qualifier. He actually did a lot better than I expected and took it to three sets and could have won. He had a lot of creativity, came into the net and had a good lefty serve but he was exposed mostly with his lack of power on groundstrokes and his movement around the court. Fun to watch him though. Interesting to see if he plays some Challengers and tries to get fit next season.

I like the Struff bet even at 2's and in other weeks I would put it up myself.

Puristville, Arizona.  Population (1)
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #122912 on: October 24, 2016, 01:04:29 PM »

Bore off pal bad beat yawn

Well done on Thiem Bergeroo! We were right, he did give it his all. Whilst no one can accuse Tsonga of similar.

Struff is a tremendous attacking player, when he can hit through physically weaker players he is one to watch at a price (see vs Simon last week). Unfortunately the thing that is preventing him from getting into the top 75 in the world is he has absolute no defensive game. Therefore I highly doubt he can ever get close to breaking Isner today.

Saying that Isner hasn't played much tennis recently, couple of good ole' tiebreaks could decide this one, 2/1 seems a fair poke.

hector62

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet

View Profile
« Reply #122913 on: October 24, 2016, 02:03:47 PM »

And we almost had civility for 2 days.

Puristville, Arizona.  Population (1)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #122914 on: October 24, 2016, 02:18:40 PM »

Morning all.

Fred lost another good regular last week, one who was very profitable for all that chose to follow. So that is another good regular lost to us all. We all lose when this happens.

Same thing happened in August, when we lost one of our most valuable and senior members thanks to the same sort of nonsense on here. It makes no sense for anyone for us to keep losing good members and regulars due to boorish behaviour.

If there are any more of those childish personal insults, or overly aggressive responses, the posts will be removed and the author(s) banned without further notice.

Now let's have a good week, find some winners, learn stuff from our punting Elders, show our fellow members a bit of respect, and pretend we are grown-ups. The last part seems to be the hardest. Funny old game.

yes? i mean you obviously want to be banned right?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Teacake

View Profile
« Reply #122915 on: October 24, 2016, 02:23:32 PM »

The rangers 9/2 in the Semi-Final v Celtic tomorrow.  That means for every £100 you bet on the rangers, you will lose a £100. 

Can Fred have a bet with 32Red? 

If so the 2/1 Scott Sinclair anytime goalscorer is a cracker and way out of line.  I fancy there will be a few goals in this game, and Sinclair has been one of Celtic's most dangerous players since he signed.  Hampden is quite an expansive pitch and I think with Scott's pace he will have plenty of space and opportunity to get in about the rangers.  I wouldn't put anyone off first goal scorer either. 

There should be goals again today. Celtic were probably a bet at 8/11 but best price 8/13 now which looks about right.

Sevco Rangers still look dire at the back even though they have been conceding fewer goals recently. It looks like a central defence of Clint Hill and Rob Keirnan today which would give me the absolute fear if I was a Sevconian, even  last week Inverness had 2 free headers that they should have scored from. Celtic have scored from headers the twice the teams have met this year and I've had a small bet on Sviatchenko first time and anytime at 40/1 and 12/1.

I like this and also had a few darts at Sviatchenko, Lustig and Toure for this very reason I just thought For Fred taking advantage of something out of line was more what he liked?

Let's punish them books.

Absolutely robbed for the Sviatchencho bets, first goal chopped off for absolutely no reason. So frustrating to call something bang on only to lose it due to refereeing error/incompetency even worse to lose a 40/1 and a 12/1 for the same honest mistake.

At least the right team won.
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #122916 on: October 24, 2016, 02:39:31 PM »

Morning all.

Fred lost another good regular last week, one who was very profitable for all that chose to follow. So that is another good regular lost to us all. We all lose when this happens.

Same thing happened in August, when we lost one of our most valuable and senior members thanks to the same sort of nonsense on here. It makes no sense for anyone for us to keep losing good members and regulars due to boorish behaviour.

If there are any more of those childish personal insults, or overly aggressive responses, the posts will be removed and the author(s) banned without further notice.

Now let's have a good week, find some winners, learn stuff from our punting Elders, show our fellow members a bit of respect, and pretend we are grown-ups. The last part seems to be the hardest. Funny old game.

Hadn't see that tbh, just got back from 2 days away watching the NFL at Twickenham and was reading from Friday onwards chronologically then got bored at some stage but not before I'd seen Hectors long post saying amongst other things "27 people who all PM me for tips". He seems to have developed somewhat of a god complex during all this which is a shame because I've long enjoyed his interest in my favourite sport, tennis.

If I am banned for saying "bore off" then it has been a tremendous 11 years on the forum, thanks to all.

PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #122917 on: October 24, 2016, 02:48:21 PM »

The rangers 9/2 in the Semi-Final v Celtic tomorrow.  That means for every £100 you bet on the rangers, you will lose a £100. 

Can Fred have a bet with 32Red? 

If so the 2/1 Scott Sinclair anytime goalscorer is a cracker and way out of line.  I fancy there will be a few goals in this game, and Sinclair has been one of Celtic's most dangerous players since he signed.  Hampden is quite an expansive pitch and I think with Scott's pace he will have plenty of space and opportunity to get in about the rangers.  I wouldn't put anyone off first goal scorer either. 

There should be goals again today. Celtic were probably a bet at 8/11 but best price 8/13 now which looks about right.

Sevco Rangers still look dire at the back even though they have been conceding fewer goals recently. It looks like a central defence of Clint Hill and Rob Keirnan today which would give me the absolute fear if I was a Sevconian, even  last week Inverness had 2 free headers that they should have scored from. Celtic have scored from headers the twice the teams have met this year and I've had a small bet on Sviatchenko first time and anytime at 40/1 and 12/1.

Cheated, what a terrible decision. 
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #122918 on: October 24, 2016, 04:24:47 PM »

Basketball! The season starts on Wednesday.

One bookie offering each way odds. Are the Cavs an each way bet at 3/1? Ties your money up all season though of course. They are currently best price 33/50 to win the Eastern Conference. Doesn't seem as lopsided this year between the conferences with Durant leaving OKC but the Spurs still have Championship Pedigree in the West.
http://www.oddschecker.com/basketball/nba/nba-championship/winner

MVP
The Irish bookies are out of line with this one offering best price on Curry, Lebron and Durant and having Davis, Leonard and Harden really short. Have they got it right? LeBron at 11/2?
http://www.oddschecker.com/basketball/nba/nba-championship/regular-season-mvp

Divisional bets
Atlantic is interesting
http://www.oddschecker.com/basketball/nba/atlantic-division/winner
I'd favour an improving Celtics at 2/1 with the arrival of Horford and rookie Jaylen Brown over the Raptors who possibly overachieved last season and lost Biyombo and not really strengthened much.

Southeast is an interesting three horse race with the Heat probably out of the picture
http://www.oddschecker.com/basketball/nba/southeast-division/winner
superwomble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122919 on: October 24, 2016, 04:31:09 PM »

Calling the TfT Wombles' fan...

Posh were a shower of shite today (could have been four or five at half-time and Darragh currently doing his nut on Twitter) but aside from that I haven't seen a better performance at our place all season.

5-1 for top six, 12-1 for promotion. Thoughts? Elliot, Taylor and Poleon are a handful.

I've chosen a good season (so far) to win a pair of season tickets for (thanks SkyBet!). Have started taking my 6 year old son for his first games and he's got right into it straightaway having shown no interest before now  Smiley

I didn't see today's game but friends said it was the most dominating performance they had seen from us for years and couldn't believe it was only 1-0. Not seen much of Darragh's rants as he blocked me when I ridiculed him for defending the CheckATwat trophy!

I'm loathe to tempt fate and trying not to get carried away but our form is terrific at the moment. As you say our front men (Barnett excepted...) are great together. I was concerned about our lack of depth and when I saw our team this afternoon I almost tipped a Posh win but everyone in the team is on the same page and following Ardley's instructions. In certain areas we will still have an issue with injuries - Jon Meades at left back is vey important, his return was one of the two that sparked our form. The other was Shea in goal.

If we keep this up then promotion has to be on the cards, but that is the massive 'if' that I can't believe is possible yet. I'll still be happy with staying up and seeing Plough Lane's constuction begin! Finishing above the franchise scum would be so sweet too, but that can't happen as it's not possible to start at the bottom of non-league and work your way up through the leagues  

Ardley obviously has a future. McCann not so much.

Poleon and Reeves have looked good in both games at Fortress ABAX this season. Happy to take 5-1/14-1 I think, although maybe wait until after the Bradford game next week, as November doesn't look that tough.

Poleon didn't play yesterday? Has looked a great signing so far though. Reeves is class too.

Good point. Was your MOTM in the first game though. Whelps a great signing. Always was a 100%er for us and your team seems full of that type. MBN.

Posh had four in the team yesterday who'll be going for seven figures in due course; Forrester, Maddison, Baldwin abd Leo DSL (off in January to either Spurs or Arsenal it seems, will be a top top player). Unfortunately McCann can't get them motivated or playing as a team.

Recommended bet

£50 Wombles to make the top six, 5-1 365

I was really pleased with the Whelps signing but unfortunately he has had injury problems and I have yet to see him play more than a few disappointing minutes as a sub. Played on Saturday though so hopefully he's back to fitness and I'll see him at top form soon Smiley

The 100%ers is the key to our team - definitely a case of the whole being more than the sum of its parts, and that is down to Ardley and the management team I believe.

Whelps is very good in the air, like most of your mob, is consistent and rarely has a bad game.

Darragh should be looking to get a few more of this type in. Our squad has none of them, aside from Bostwick, and we're flooded with players picked up from relegated sides - Inman (Crewe), White (Blackpool), Moncur (Colchester). Picking up the likes of Duffy is golden in L1, as t'Blades are finding out.

Think Poshies are about to go on one of their gutless losing runs. Bristol Rovers away this weekend = home win. Then next month we have home games against Scunny and Bolton, and a trip to the Wobblers. Dark days ahead for McCann.

You're right about us being good in the air, but I hadn't realised quite how good until i saw this:

Click to see full-size image.

AFC Wimbledon Poker Club - https://www.facebook.com/afcwpokerclub/
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #122920 on: October 24, 2016, 04:55:02 PM »

Basketball! The season starts on Wednesday.

One bookie offering each way odds. Are the Cavs an each way bet at 3/1? Ties your money up all season though of course. They are currently best price 33/50 to win the Eastern Conference. Doesn't seem as lopsided this year between the conferences with Durant leaving OKC but the Spurs still have Championship Pedigree in the West.
http://www.oddschecker.com/basketball/nba/nba-championship/winner

MVP
The Irish bookies are out of line with this one offering best price on Curry, Lebron and Durant and having Davis, Leonard and Harden really short. Have they got it right? LeBron at 11/2?
http://www.oddschecker.com/basketball/nba/nba-championship/regular-season-mvp

Divisional bets
Atlantic is interesting
I'd favour an improving Celtics at 2/1 with the arrival of Horford and rookie Jaylen Brown over the Raptors who possibly overachieved last season and lost Biyombo and not really strengthened much.

Southeast is an interesting three horse race with the Heat probably out of the picture
http://www.oddschecker.com/basketball/nba/southeast-division/winner

would love some basketball season long stuff

understand that arbboy can't give specific tips but input would be welcomed

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #122921 on: October 24, 2016, 05:34:05 PM »

Coach of the year is an interesting one.

http://www.oddschecker.com/basketball/nba/nba-championship/coach-of-the-year

Lua/Cavs and Kerr/Warriors will have to do a lot to win it. Popvich's Spurs could decline slightly this season. In my opinion the most improved team could be the Celtics - their coach Brad Stevens is at 8/1. Thibodeau's Minnesota could be the other breakout team.

Anyone have any opinions?
Tonibell

View Profile
« Reply #122922 on: October 24, 2016, 07:14:18 PM »

Divisional bets
Atlantic is interesting

Err, I assume you mean the 2.0 that's with Hills? Cris have this -110.
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #122923 on: October 24, 2016, 08:54:32 PM »

yeah sorry,t, I use decimal odds, but people always use traditional odds on here, I wrote it wrong. evens I mean
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #122924 on: October 25, 2016, 01:14:26 AM »

Morning all.

Hadn't see that tbh, just got back from 2 days away watching the NFL at Twickenham and was reading from Friday onwards chronologically then got bored at some stage but not before I'd seen Hectors long post saying amongst other things "27 people who all PM me for tips". He seems to have developed somewhat of a god complex during all this which is a shame because I've long enjoyed his interest in my favourite sport, tennis.

If I am banned for saying "bore off" then it has been a tremendous 11 years on the forum, thanks to all.

Well you have seen the note now, so we are asking you to keep it cool from here in in, and we'll be fine. If you want to contribute positively to the thread with suggestions, recommendations, positive critiques and the like, all the better.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 01:19:37 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 8191 8192 8193 8194 [8195] 8196 8197 8198 8199 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: