blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:18:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8189 8190 8191 8192 [8193] 8194 8195 8196 8197 ... 9207 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13330128 times)
superwomble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122880 on: October 23, 2016, 02:07:27 PM »

Calling the TfT Wombles' fan...

Posh were a shower of shite today (could have been four or five at half-time and Darragh currently doing his nut on Twitter) but aside from that I haven't seen a better performance at our place all season.

5-1 for top six, 12-1 for promotion. Thoughts? Elliot, Taylor and Poleon are a handful.

I've chosen a good season (so far) to win a pair of season tickets for (thanks SkyBet!). Have started taking my 6 year old son for his first games and he's got right into it straightaway having shown no interest before now  Smiley

I didn't see today's game but friends said it was the most dominating performance they had seen from us for years and couldn't believe it was only 1-0. Not seen much of Darragh's rants as he blocked me when I ridiculed him for defending the CheckATwat trophy!

I'm loathe to tempt fate and trying not to get carried away but our form is terrific at the moment. As you say our front men (Barnett excepted...) are great together. I was concerned about our lack of depth and when I saw our team this afternoon I almost tipped a Posh win but everyone in the team is on the same page and following Ardley's instructions. In certain areas we will still have an issue with injuries - Jon Meades at left back is vey important, his return was one of the two that sparked our form. The other was Shea in goal.

If we keep this up then promotion has to be on the cards, but that is the massive 'if' that I can't believe is possible yet. I'll still be happy with staying up and seeing Plough Lane's constuction begin! Finishing above the franchise scum would be so sweet too, but that can't happen as it's not possible to start at the bottom of non-league and work your way up through the leagues  

Ardley obviously has a future. McCann not so much.

Poleon and Reeves have looked good in both games at Fortress ABAX this season. Happy to take 5-1/14-1 I think, although maybe wait until after the Bradford game next week, as November doesn't look that tough.

Poleon didn't play yesterday? Has looked a great signing so far though. Reeves is class too.

AFC Wimbledon Poker Club - https://www.facebook.com/afcwpokerclub/
Peter-27

View Profile
« Reply #122881 on: October 23, 2016, 02:09:47 PM »

Only got one bet to suggest ahead of the USGP:

Points Finish - Romain Grosjean @ 11/4 with Stars and Hills. Romain starts down in 17th, however there are a number of weaker cars ahead. This bet undoubtedly needs a little luck to come in, but 11/4 represents value. Suggest £10.

Also, don't forget my previously suggested McLaren bets (not sure if TFT got on?), don't have time to repost, apologies.

Teacake

View Profile
« Reply #122882 on: October 23, 2016, 02:19:25 PM »

The rangers 9/2 in the Semi-Final v Celtic tomorrow.  That means for every £100 you bet on the rangers, you will lose a £100. 

Can Fred have a bet with 32Red? 

If so the 2/1 Scott Sinclair anytime goalscorer is a cracker and way out of line.  I fancy there will be a few goals in this game, and Sinclair has been one of Celtic's most dangerous players since he signed.  Hampden is quite an expansive pitch and I think with Scott's pace he will have plenty of space and opportunity to get in about the rangers.  I wouldn't put anyone off first goal scorer either. 

There should be goals again today. Celtic were probably a bet at 8/11 but best price 8/13 now which looks about right.

Sevco Rangers still look dire at the back even though they have been conceding fewer goals recently. It looks like a central defence of Clint Hill and Rob Keirnan today which would give me the absolute fear if I was a Sevconian, even  last week Inverness had 2 free headers that they should have scored from. Celtic have scored from headers the twice the teams have met this year and I've had a small bet on Sviatchenko first time and anytime at 40/1 and 12/1.

I like this and also had a few darts at Sviatchenko, Lustig and Toure for this very reason I just thought For Fred taking advantage of something out of line was more what he liked?

Let's punish them books.

Looks like they're doubling up on the right to try to curb Sinclair and Tierney.  Hodson has come in at RB with Tavernier going to RM by the looks of it.

Simunovic in for Kolo for Celtic
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #122883 on: October 23, 2016, 02:37:07 PM »

The rangers 9/2 in the Semi-Final v Celtic tomorrow.  That means for every £100 you bet on the rangers, you will lose a £100. 

Can Fred have a bet with 32Red? 

If so the 2/1 Scott Sinclair anytime goalscorer is a cracker and way out of line.  I fancy there will be a few goals in this game, and Sinclair has been one of Celtic's most dangerous players since he signed.  Hampden is quite an expansive pitch and I think with Scott's pace he will have plenty of space and opportunity to get in about the rangers.  I wouldn't put anyone off first goal scorer either. 

There should be goals again today. Celtic were probably a bet at 8/11 but best price 8/13 now which looks about right.

Sevco Rangers still look dire at the back even though they have been conceding fewer goals recently. It looks like a central defence of Clint Hill and Rob Keirnan today which would give me the absolute fear if I was a Sevconian, even  last week Inverness had 2 free headers that they should have scored from. Celtic have scored from headers the twice the teams have met this year and I've had a small bet on Sviatchenko first time and anytime at 40/1 and 12/1.

I like this and also had a few darts at Sviatchenko, Lustig and Toure for this very reason I just thought For Fred taking advantage of something out of line was more what he liked?

Let's punish them books.

Looks like they're doubling up on the right to try to curb Sinclair and Tierney.  Hodson has come in at RB with Tavernier going to RM by the looks of it.

Simunovic in for Kolo for Celtic

Yeah, which should give Forrest more room I have now added in Rogic anytime as well as Jose first gs and anytime.

Oh Hampden in the sun!!
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #122884 on: October 23, 2016, 03:09:07 PM »

Posh were a shower of shite today (could have been four or five at half-time and Darragh currently doing his nut on Twitter) but aside from that I haven't seen a better performance at our place all season.

5-1 for top six, 12-1 for promotion. Thoughts? Elliot, Taylor and Poleon are a handful.

I've chosen a good season (so far) to win a pair of season tickets for (thanks SkyBet!). Have started taking my 6 year old son for his first games and he's got right into it straightaway having shown no interest before now  Smiley

I didn't see today's game but friends said it was the most dominating performance they had seen from us for years and couldn't believe it was only 1-0. Not seen much of Darragh's rants as he blocked me when I ridiculed him for defending the CheckATwat trophy!

I'm loathe to tempt fate and trying not to get carried away but our form is terrific at the moment. As you say our front men (Barnett excepted...) are great together. I was concerned about our lack of depth and when I saw our team this afternoon I almost tipped a Posh win but everyone in the team is on the same page and following Ardley's instructions. In certain areas we will still have an issue with injuries - Jon Meades at left back is vey important, his return was one of the two that sparked our form. The other was Shea in goal.

If we keep this up then promotion has to be on the cards, but that is the massive 'if' that I can't believe is possible yet. I'll still be happy with staying up and seeing Plough Lane's constuction begin! Finishing above the franchise scum would be so sweet too, but that can't happen as it's not possible to start at the bottom of non-league and work your way up through the leagues  

Poleon and Reeves have looked good in both games at Fortress ABAX this season. Happy to take 5-1/14-1 I think, although maybe wait until after the Bradford game next week, as November doesn't look that tough.

Poleon didn't play yesterday? Has looked a great signing so far though. Reeves is class too.

Good point. Was your MOTM in the first game though. Whelps a great signing. Always was a 100%er for us and your team seems full of that type. MBN.

Posh had four in the team yesterday who'll be going for seven figures in due course; Forrester, Maddison, Baldwin abd Leo DSL (off in January to either Spurs or Arsenal it seems, will be a top top player). Unfortunately McCann can't get them motivated or playing as a team.

Recommended bet

£50 Wombles to make the top six, 5-1 365

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #122885 on: October 23, 2016, 03:21:13 PM »

2.35 at leopardstown dripping with each-way goodness - it is a listed race, so is a bet an account buster or ok?
Weetabix

View Profile
« Reply #122886 on: October 23, 2016, 06:03:39 PM »

A masterclass from Kohli in the odi that has just finished, effortless 154.
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #122887 on: October 23, 2016, 09:11:44 PM »

I think Spurs are a great bet @ 12/1 to win the league. I really don't understand the price when comparing them to the other 5 capable of winning.
http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/winner
The only unbeaten team. They have a great defence (which is a big question mark for City, Utd, Pool), they have great strength in depth for every position and Kane back soon.
Weetabix

View Profile
« Reply #122888 on: October 23, 2016, 09:33:47 PM »

Nice spot on Thiem, Bergeroo
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #122889 on: October 24, 2016, 01:29:22 AM »

I think we should be backing PNE at home to toon at 4/1. I don't think any team should be 4/1 at home to Newcastle, especially one as in form as PNE.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #122890 on: October 24, 2016, 02:58:55 AM »

I think we should be backing PNE at home to toon at 4/1. I don't think any team should be 4/1 at home to Newcastle, especially one as in form as PNE.

You are going to be backing a lot of teams at 4/1+ this season at home to Newcastle.  Should be some lumpy bets as some teams will be going off in the 7/1 - 8/1 range at home. 
nuros

View Profile
« Reply #122891 on: October 24, 2016, 03:56:38 AM »

Ty for Thiem Bergeroo!

Agree with Dazzler about Spurs being a nice price compared to the other teams around them, Liverpool 7/2 really? On that note I was looking at some odds for upcoming fixtures and saw Spurs are 9/2 away at Liverpool in the EFL cup on Tuesday, is there any value there? I suppose the price is higher than I expected because arguably this is Spurs' least important competition whereas Liverpool have less to focus on (I guess that's a big reason as to why Liverpool and Chelsea are as short as they are to win the league). Also there is some 20/1 (and a lot of 18/1) for Burnley to beat Man Utd at Old Trafford next weekend. Obviously Man Utd are capable of blowing them away but with a currently error prone defence, a midfield pairing capable of going missing the entire game and an out of form front line (I'm surprised Ibra has missed so many of the good chances he's had recently - though he is still getting in good goal scoring positions). Surely 20/1 is too big against a well organised team who will be in high spirits after their late winner at the weekend, unlike United. Having said all that before this game is the Manchester derby (Burnley will have more time to prepare), If United win you'd expect them to be full of confidence going into the Burnley game and if they lose Mourinho may well set about ensuring he doesn't lose 3 on the bounce, though I have a suspicion I know how the fans will react to that at home vs Burnley:)

I rambled more than originally intended there, sorry about that.

* I also just read there's a good chance Bailly might have a bad injury.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 04:04:09 AM by nuros » Logged
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #122892 on: October 24, 2016, 05:29:47 AM »

You are going to be backing a lot of teams at 4/1+ this season at home to Newcastle.  Should be some lumpy bets as some teams will be going off in the 7/1 - 8/1 range at home. 

There are only going to be 2/3 teams at 4/1+, Rovrum & Burton. I suppose my wording isn't so good, but don't see a middle team being 4/1, especially an in form one
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #122893 on: October 24, 2016, 09:40:29 AM »

Morning all.

Fred lost another good regular last week, one who was very profitable for all that chose to follow. So that is another good regular lost to us all. We all lose when this happens.

Same thing happened in August, when we lost one of our most valuable and senior members thanks to the same sort of nonsense on here. It makes no sense for anyone for us to keep losing good members and regulars due to boorish behaviour.

If there are any more of those childish personal insults, or overly aggressive responses, the posts will be removed and the author(s) banned without further notice.

Now let's have a good week, find some winners, learn stuff from our punting Elders, show our fellow members a bit of respect, and pretend we are grown-ups. The last part seems to be the hardest. Funny old game.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 10:16:34 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
superwomble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122894 on: October 24, 2016, 10:46:30 AM »

Good point. Was your MOTM in the first game though. Whelps a great signing. Always was a 100%er for us and your team seems full of that type. MBN.

Posh had four in the team yesterday who'll be going for seven figures in due course; Forrester, Maddison, Baldwin abd Leo DSL (off in January to either Spurs or Arsenal it seems, will be a top top player). Unfortunately McCann can't get them motivated or playing as a team.

Recommended bet

£50 Wombles to make the top six, 5-1 365

I was really pleased with the Whelps signing but unfortunately he has had injury problems and I have yet to see him play more than a few disappointing minutes as a sub. Played on Saturday though so hopefully he's back to fitness and I'll see him at top form soon Smiley

The 100%ers is the key to our team - definitely a case of the whole being more than the sum of its parts, and that is down to Ardley and the management team I believe.

AFC Wimbledon Poker Club - https://www.facebook.com/afcwpokerclub/
Pages: 1 ... 8189 8190 8191 8192 [8193] 8194 8195 8196 8197 ... 9207 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: