blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:57:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8274 8275 8276 8277 [8278] 8279 8280 8281 8282 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13426677 times)
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #124155 on: December 18, 2016, 09:38:48 PM »

Can't believe you got a bite, Horneris!

I know, fantastic scenes.

To be honest if we start giving gymnasts a crack at sports personality we might aswell include hairdressers and make up artists.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #124156 on: December 18, 2016, 09:51:23 PM »

Thanks for the tip on Leicester, Tighty.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #124157 on: December 18, 2016, 09:59:54 PM »

No bones about it: The Bills could win this game by 20 and humiliate the Browns.

Tal bang on the money. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #124158 on: December 18, 2016, 10:06:26 PM »

No bones about it: The Bills could win this game by 20 and humiliate the Browns.

Tal bang on the money. 

Lol

Taps table. Mucks.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #124159 on: December 18, 2016, 10:55:27 PM »

Tal bang on the money.  

Lol

Taps table. Mucks.

To be fair, Atlanta couldn't be doing much better for you right now.

edit.  monster bok on course.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 11:23:47 PM by Doobs » Logged

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #124160 on: December 19, 2016, 10:25:56 AM »

For reference

Click to see full-size image.

note to self: no point ever betting this early in the year, or getting sucked into recency bias from a single event that is usually trumped by the time december comes around

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #124161 on: December 19, 2016, 11:00:37 AM »

How is our NFL "49ers are shite" bet getting on?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #124162 on: December 19, 2016, 11:18:47 AM »

with apologies to Tal

they are shite, have won 1 game all season and were torched by the Falcons yesterday (good news for the Falcons, the Bucs lost so the Falcons are 1 game ahead with 2 to play in the NFC Suth and are in pole position to get the number three seed for the play-offs. We are on the Falcons as of last week for the Superb owl)

unfortunately for the 49ers the Browns have a 0-14 record

If the Browns could win 1 game, and the 49ers lost out, the 49ers would officially end with the worst record and we would have a winning bet.

Big "If" though.

the Browns host the Chargers (on xmas eve, could be in bad weather and the chargers can lose any game from any position so thats our big hope) and then visit the Steelers (who are likely to need to win). the Browns play hard week after week but can't stop anyone.

the 49ers are at the LA Rams, which they will only be modest underdogs for then at home to Seattle, to whom they will be big underdogs but seattle may be resting players by then

all in all, likely to be close but no cigar

My eyes are open wide
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #124163 on: December 19, 2016, 11:26:15 AM »

with apologies to Tal

they are shite, have won 1 game all season and were torched by the Falcons yesterday (good news for the Falcons, the Bucs lost so the Falcons are 1 game ahead with 2 to play in the NFC Suth and are in pole position to get the number three seed for the play-offs. We are on the Falcons as of last week for the Superb owl)

If the Browns could win 1 game, and the 49ers lost out, the 49ers would officially end with the worst record and we would have a winning bet.

Big "If" though.

the Browns host the Chargers (on xmas eve, could be in bad weather and the chargers can lose any game from any position so thats our big hope) and then visit the Steelers (who are likely to need to win). the Browns play hard week after week but can't stop anyone.

the 49ers are at the LA Rams, which they will only be modest underdogs for then at home to Seattle, to whom they will be big underdogs but seattle may be resting players by then

Good stuff, thanks Rich.

You mention a game or games on Xmas Eve - do they play NFL games on a Saturday, then?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #124164 on: December 19, 2016, 11:27:25 AM »

our ERCC bets

Leinster are top of pool and well placed to get a home quarter

Wasps are in a fun pool, and with Zebre and Toulouse at home still to come should come through it

http://www.epcrugby.com/europeanrugbychampionscup/pools/index.php

Wasps hopes of going a long way towards securing a home quarter took a blow in Galway on Saturday

Leading 18-13 with time expiring against Connacht, Connacht won a penalty. the substitute referee (Garces pulled a hammy minutes earlier) erroneously allowed the hosts to kick for touch with the clock just over the 80 minute mark. Connacht rumbled over the line and kicked a difficult conversion to win 20-18.

ERCC isued a statement confirming the referee's mistake 24 hours later but for Wasps the harm had been done.

favourites for the ERCC are Saracens and Clermont both of whom look the class of the competition, Wasps and Leinster are now 13/2 and 6/1 respectively, 3rd and 4th favourites.

http://www.epcrugby.com/europeanrugbychampionscup/pools/index.php

Leinster is a fun one, we have 33/1 each way

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #124165 on: December 19, 2016, 11:27:59 AM »

with apologies to Tal

Big "If" though.

Good stuff, thanks Rich.

You mention a game or games on Xmas Eve - do they play NFL games on a Saturday, then?

they do this week, the schedule is split over Xmas Eve and Xmas Day

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #124166 on: December 19, 2016, 12:04:18 PM »

Boxing day got a little spicier when thistlecrack was declared for the King George this morning

Evs Cue Card, 6-4 Thistlecrack, 12 Tea For Two, Outlander, Josses Hill, Valseur Lido, 16 Vroum Vroum

My eyes are open wide
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #124167 on: December 19, 2016, 12:06:06 PM »

No apologies necessary, Tighty. That's exactly my view.

Minnesota Vikings to win the NFC North (£50 @ 2/1)

Two losses out of two since we last spoke

Detroit 9-5
Green Bay 8-6
Minnesota 7-7
Chicago 3-11

With two games left, this one is done. I think we can count it as an official loser, as Detroit have the tie break advantage against Minnesota.

Arizona Cardinals to win the Super Bowl (£20 @ 12/1)

They can no longer make the playoffs.

San Francisco 49ers to have the NFL's worst record (£50 @ 7/1)

Tighty has covered this.

I would say, as it is "worst record", I'd expect dead heat rules to apply if both teams finish 1-15, but nice to know we have the breaker if not.

Just need to find the win somewhere. That Chargers pass rush looks worrying. Their running game isn't very threatening, mind.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers total points over 350.5 (£22 @ 10/11)

Scores in 14 games:

313 points after 14 games, meaning 22.35 on average and needing 38 points over the remaining two games.

Away in New Orleans usually affords the opportunity for points and at home against a defensively frail Carolina to finish is about as good a finish as an NFC team would get, but they're both divisional games and Tampa have suffered a number of injuries to their receivers.

From cruising, this has suddenly become a sweat

Antonio Brown (Pittsburgh Steelers) to get the most receiving yards (£50 @ 9/2)

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=RECEIVING&conference=null&season=2016&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=RECEIVING_YARDS&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-n=1

Julio Jones has missed the last two games and might find he's rested for some or all of week 17, if they can secure a playoff spot.

Antonio Brown is suddenly in contention, albeit still not in great shape..

David Johnson (Arizona Cardinals) to have the most rushing yards (£25 each way (1,2,3, 1/4) at 18/1)

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?seasonType=REG&offensiveStatisticCategory=null&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&statisticPositionCategory=&d-447263-s=RUSHING_YARDS&tabSeq=0&season=2016&role=&experience=&statisticCategory=RUSHING&conference=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=null

9 yards ahead of 5th; 8 yards behind 3rd.

Third is Le'Veon Bell, who missed the first three games with a suspension. Fifth is LeSean McCoy, who is running around like speedy gonzales, dragging the otherwise anaemic Bills with him.

It's a live bet. Johnson hasn't produced many rushing yards in the last few games. The team isn't winning, where getting ahead allows you to run the clock down by running the ball.

Two away games now: in Seattle and in Los Angeles. The latter might be a saving Grace.

I'd say we're in a little trouble, here, but not out of it.

Atlanta Falcons to win the Super Bowl (£25 each way at 20/1 1,2 1/2)

At Carolina and at home to New Orleans, the reverse of Tampa Bay's schedule. They'll need to win both to have a chance of a bye, but this team probably is less worried about that than most. They will be more concerned about keeping their offense fit and Taylor Gabriel has been a superb understudy in recent weeks, allowing the top two receivers in Jones and Sanu the chance to rest.

Overall

From a position of fair strength a few weeks ago, it all seems to have turned rather unfavourably for us. We could end up with a big pile of bricks.  

scared
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 12:33:49 PM by Tal » Logged

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #124168 on: December 19, 2016, 01:01:14 PM »

nbs for the PL over Xmas

look at southampton

3 games in 5 days

tottenham h
west brom h
everton a

My eyes are open wide
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #124169 on: December 19, 2016, 02:10:23 PM »

nbs for the PL over Xmas

look at southampton

3 games in 5 days

tottenham h
west brom h
everton a

Only thing to note with Southampton is they do get a full 10 day rest before this schedule. Also for the two previous premier league games, SIX changes were made for each.

Saints put in their best 45 mins of the season in the second half yesterday and looked far fitter than Bournemouth. Squad depth is excellent.
Pages: 1 ... 8274 8275 8276 8277 [8278] 8279 8280 8281 8282 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: