blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:39:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8446 8447 8448 8449 [8450] 8451 8452 8453 8454 ... 9207 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13329806 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #126735 on: March 28, 2017, 05:24:43 PM »

8-1 at corals amd lots of others.

E/w terms aren't great.  Should be naturally 1/4 first 3, but everybody is a fifth.

yup been 1/5 3 places every year that i can remember unfortunately

only 8 teams this year, 9 last so slightly "easier" to place

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #126736 on: March 28, 2017, 05:59:17 PM »

not the worst little portfolio in the world rinswun?

golf   US Open   Rahm   125/1   16   £8 e/w 1/4 1,2,3,4,5
golf   USPGA   Rahm   100/1   10   £5 e/w 1/4 1,2,3,4,5
golf   Masters   Rahm   66/1           40   £20 e/w 1/4 1,2,3,4,5

couldn't get much on a couple of them

Rahm now 20/1 for augusta and in the top 10 of the market

It's certainly not bad, shame we couldn't get a little more on but we mustn't grumble.

He lost the final to yesterday which is neither here nor there but I think the nature of the defeat will be hugely positive. He went 5 down through 8 and looked a bit like a rabbit in the headlights in what was the biggest moment of his career to date. However, he pulled himself together and ended up winning 4 of the next 9 holes before finally losing 1 down. That experience has to stand him in good stead when in the final group on Sunday during all four majors this year.

Thanks for the Rahm tip....great values to sweat .
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #126737 on: March 28, 2017, 07:08:53 PM »

County championship div 1

starts next week

division reduced to 8 teams this year, play each other home and away

extremely competitive,of the 8 teams i wouldn't be able to make the case for Essex or Hampshire,possibly not Lancs either, but would have a crack at arguing for any of the other five

Middlesex won it last year just ahead of Somerset and 2015 winners yorkshire

Yorkshire have plenty of off the field financial problems this year, and likely plenty of England call ups. Lots of young talent coming through though but look plenty short enough to me in this line up at 9/4

Middlesex will be thereabouts again

Warwicks and Surrey would have to improve but both might do so (surrey in particular have recruited 2000+ runs into their team from last season with stoneman and borthwick)

the one i am really interested in is Somerset at 8/1 each way

https://www.oddschecker.com/cricket/county-championship-div-1/county-championship-division-one/winner

second last year, experienced core (tresco,hildreth, trego, allenby etc). lost chris rogers but have recruited steve davies for the middle order and have one of english cricket's next batting stars in Tom Abell up top, and conveniently its a season or two too early for him tomiss time with England

lots and lots of bowling talent, young good quicks (overtons) and the best english spinner in the championship last year (Leach ,65 wickets at 21 and has spent the winter working on his action)

lewis gregory and Craig Overton took the new ball againast the champion county in dubai this week and took a combined 9-69 up top on a dry wicket and are both set for big seasons

one of the things i like is that at Taunton they prepare result wickets

green early season (sometimes you cannot tell the wicket from the outfield) and as it dries up later on they play CC cricket on used pitches and it turns square

Wth the points system so biased towards winning games (win 16 points, 8 possible bonus points, only 3 for a draw) you simply don't want to be playing at the oval (say) where 450 plays 450 for much of the season, especially now the season is shorter with fewer 4 day games

i can't for the life of me see how they are 5th favourites in an 8 team heat after last season when they nearly won it

Rec £50 e/w Somerset LVCC Div 1 8-1 Betfred 1/5 1,2,3

If you are awaiting a "nod" from someone, consider it nodded.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #126738 on: March 28, 2017, 07:30:11 PM »

starts next week

extremely competitive,of the 8 teams i wouldn't be able to make the case for Essex or Hampshire,possibly not Lancs either, but would have a crack at arguing for any of the other five

Yorkshire have plenty of off the field financial problems this year, and likely plenty of England call ups. Lots of young talent coming through though but look plenty short enough to me in this line up at 9/4

Warwicks and Surrey would have to improve but both might do so (surrey in particular have recruited 2000+ runs into their team from last season with stoneman and borthwick)

https://www.oddschecker.com/cricket/county-championship-div-1/county-championship-division-one/winner

second last year, experienced core (tresco,hildreth, trego, allenby etc). lost chris rogers but have recruited steve davies for the middle order and have one of english cricket's next batting stars in Tom Abell up top, and conveniently its a season or two too early for him tomiss time with England

lots and lots of bowling talent, young good quicks (overtons) and the best english spinner in the championship last year (Leach ,65 wickets at 21 and has spent the winter working on his action)

lewis gregory and Craig Overton took the new ball againast the champion county in dubai this week and took a combined 9-69 up top on a dry wicket and are both set for big seasons

green early season (sometimes you cannot tell the wicket from the outfield) and as it dries up later on they play CC cricket on used pitches and it turns square

Wth the points system so biased towards winning games (win 16 points, 8 possible bonus points, only 3 for a draw) you simply don't want to be playing at the oval (say) where 450 plays 450 for much of the season, especially now the season is shorter with fewer 4 day games

i can't for the life of me see how they are 5th favourites in an 8 team heat after last season when they nearly won it

Nodded

Somerset £50 e/w @ 8/1 (1/5  1-3 BMU)

FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #126739 on: March 28, 2017, 08:36:26 PM »

starts next week

Nodded

Somerset £50 e/w @ 8/1 (1/5  1-3 BMU)

Mark , you must of done your coconuts in on this account cause they keep laying you and no one else  Smiley

Shout out to the lol traders @ The Bald Studio in Warrington reading this  .

Rather than lurking in the shadows Come and say Hello  

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #126740 on: March 28, 2017, 08:47:47 PM »

Got someone else to put it on for me Smiley

My BMU account is long gone, and Bald only lays me to takeout a ton on most stuff.

Peter-27

View Profile
« Reply #126741 on: March 28, 2017, 09:44:16 PM »

if its much more difficult to overtake this year (it is, right? wider cars, wider tyres, better aero) then we might not see a race where someone wins by overtaking on track rather than the overcut/undercut?

if that's correct, then how does Hamilton slice through fields when required? couldn't overtake Max today at the critical time on fresher tyresand we already know it suffers following cars. all its wins over 3 years have come from qualifying up front and going away from the start

also,one one race's evidence,it looks much tougher on its tyres than other teams?

Vettel 14/1 looks brilliant,i would want to see another race before backing Hamilton

The bit around stability around the corners was something I picked up on day 1 or 2 of testing.  In amongst the dross there were a couple of people who noted that the Ferrari was more stable around the corners and the Mercedes was more jittery.  This would be consistent with the tyre issues.  14/1 is obviously great now, but still feel it was an overeaction.  Betfair is back in to 2/2.04 which suggests the market realises it was an overeaction.

For Peter 75 was just a middish way point between bets.  We have 50 Vettel, much more on Bottas.  I was only going to suggest putting 50 on, but changed my mind whilst posting.

On to the next one.

It is extremely difficult to overtake this year it seems. People are trying to keep up hope by saying that the Albert Park circuit is always traditionally difficult to pass on, but I don't really agree with that. The races in the early 2000's produced loads of overtakes on this track. What could make this season interesting though is the strategy (historically one stop races aren't hugely exciting, but three tyre compounds at each event mixes it up), and the drivers input.

Last season Mercedes struggled in turbulent air, and they appear to have kept that trait this season too. In 2016, they managed it in the majority of races by timing their pit stop to ensure they come out in clear air. It didn't always work, but it did most of the time. I see no reason why that same approach won't be applicable - and work - this season. Therefore, in most races, Lewis won't need to slice through the field.

I'm not considering tyre wear as a huge factor this season. The tyres are so durable that it shouldn't really be an issue - although it will be interesting to see what happens as we visit races with extreme temperatures.

Doobs, do you remember who said that Ferrari have more stability around corners? I'd be interested to know why they think that way because that's not what I saw. Then again, if that's data from days one and two of testing, that literally has zero relevance at this point.

Well, why did you want to go for a middle value? Just trying to understand the process because bet sizing is something I have always struggled with.

Peter, my own little F1 fans club are all heavily on Kimi for the title, are we in with a shout ?

I would say that's a 2% chance. Sorry.

I really couldn't tell you now.   I was searching motor racing mags,  hashtags for ferrari, Vettel, Hamilton and MercedesF1 etc.  I remember someone sat at one corner saying how much smoother the Ferrari was through there than the Mercedes.  It was just something I picked up at the time and thought was relevant.  Doing these kind of mass searches probably aren't that great for main markets, but you can get gold for some specials markets if you put the time in (and you aren't limited to 50p bet sizes).  I'd certainly take a good while looking before backing ante post too.

Bet sizing is different here than on my own account.  I tend to just bet £50 here, because I get that Tikay doesn't like betting big.  I do sometimes bet 100 and 150.  A lot of bets are fairly limited by the size of bets on my 365 account.  I don't want to research a horse and then give tikay the max, as then I get very little or zero.  So all the 365 bets are limited to 25 e/w on my account.

Away from here, my own bet size is bigger.  If I think something is very good and not likely to get an account closed, I tend to hit bookmaker limits before my own.  I struggle to get to high street bookies as I frequently have kids with me.

If your normal bet size is x, I'd say your max should be at least 5x.  The big psychological barrier is the 5x bets on 20/1 upwards.  Just go for it, accounts won't last forver, and it will be a shame if you lose an account for backing Rahm or Konta at 100/1 and only have a fiver on.  But these are a bit theoretical now, as bookies chop the big odds bets even further.  A fair few seem to limit me to £100 winnings.  So I might get £90 on Hamilton at 11/10, but only £8 on Vettel at 12/1 at one of these bookies (i have a fair bit more on Vettel), but was lucky that I could get a decent enough bet on Vettel at the time.

I found that last paragraph very interesting. I do tend to vary my bet size quite wildly. For instance, on the weekend Football, I tend to do £10 or £20 singles. However, depending on how good I believe the value to be, I have been known to up that to £25, £50 or £100 singles on occasion. Probably bet an average of £200 per weekend. For season-long bets though, I up my stake dramatically e.g. £1000 on Newcastle to win the Championship.

That's probably not the correct, mathematical, approach to take. Although I do make consistent profits, I'm sure they could be higher. Sadly, I am in the position where I'm getting increasingly restricted by bookies.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #126742 on: March 29, 2017, 09:51:32 AM »

County Cricket is back, & all is well with the world.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #126743 on: March 29, 2017, 09:52:32 AM »

But wait - they have numbers on their backs, like footballers?

Why does everything have to be dumbed down?

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #126744 on: March 29, 2017, 11:21:42 AM »

Morning All.

Excellent few weeks in West Coast USA.

Seems LV is quite a hotbed of violence, having been wandering down the strip last week during a shooting/killing outside the Cosmopolitan. Expected floods of concerned messages from family and friends, but not even a mention over here, due to the regular nature of such stuff now. Be careful out there this June July chaps.

Very pleased to see the Boss is back on the job after his health scare. Good news.

Been highly amused at the ongoing battle of wills between Peter and Doobs, has made some good catch up reading.

Some nice long term bets out there too.

About time we got Hector back though isn't it? Some good write ups going on, but no substitute for winners! Wink

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #126745 on: March 29, 2017, 11:21:51 AM »

This weekend the ERCC QFs

Unfortunately our two bets drew each other as 4th and 5th seeds.

the bets are

ERCC    Wasps   7/1   40   £20 e/w 1/2 1,2
ERCC    Leinster   33/1   30   £15 e/w 1/2 1,2

Unfortunately again if Leinster win they are likely to have to go to Clermont, the 1 seed. Wasps would have an easier path (away QF winners rewarded with home SF tie)

some quick thoughts

In european cup quarter finals there have been 61 home wins & 19 away wins.  a 76% success rate for home clubs. not a huge surprise the 1-4 seeds get drawn at home to the 5-8 seeds

Saturday 1st April

3.15pm Leinster v Wasps

The fourth and fifth seeds meet in the first quarter-final and a match between two pool winners. Wasps ended as the fifth seed in part because of a controversial late loss at Connacht that denied them sufficient points to obtain a higher seeding.

Leinster have been in the vanguard of the turn-around in performance of the Irish provinces in the ERCC this season after several years in the doldrums. Notwithstanding injuries to the very experienced Heaslip and Kearney, Leinster’s players form the bulk of the Irish national team and Dublin is a tough place to go looking for a result as the away team.

Leinster lead the Pro 12 with 15 wins out of 18 games and Wasps lead the Aviva Premiership with 14 wins an a draw from their 18 games,so this is a high-powered contest. Wasps have an attacking style and are very exciting to watch but are underdogs here, unsurprisingly as the away team

It should be a very close match, highly likely to be one score in it either way. Odds for the game are Leinster 4/7 Wasps 17/10 and +/-4 on the points handicap.

It’s a tough one to call, i suppose at 33/1 we funk for Leinster and either way we'll have a team in the semis

My eyes are open wide
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #126746 on: March 29, 2017, 11:56:08 AM »

Numbers on the backs of players?

When did that become a thing? (I know they've been doing in one days for ages, but never seen it on whites before)

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #126747 on: March 29, 2017, 12:13:42 PM »

When did that become a thing? (I know they've been doing in one days for ages, but never seen it on whites before)

3 or 4 years ago in english championship cricket

My eyes are open wide
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #126748 on: March 29, 2017, 12:16:55 PM »

3 or 4 years ago in english championship cricket

Outrageous.

John Arlott must be turning in his grave.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #126749 on: March 29, 2017, 02:00:30 PM »

Agree with Chompy on earlier comment about the new Sporting Life website.

Dreadful.

Cant seem to watch old videos on a laptop/desktop anymore.

No fast cards.

Other useful things like Top scorers etc, all gone(or I cant find them).

When i wrote to them about it, they said they had been inundated with emails of praise for the new site. I asked to see just one of them. Never had a reply........

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Pages: 1 ... 8446 8447 8448 8449 [8450] 8451 8452 8453 8454 ... 9207 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: