blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 01:24:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8775 8776 8777 8778 [8779] 8780 8781 8782 8783 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13423725 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #131670 on: January 14, 2018, 08:09:23 PM »

Flores and MON turn down Stoke, reportedly. Onto whatever plan C is, then...

Curbishley?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #131671 on: January 14, 2018, 08:21:47 PM »

Big Ron?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #131672 on: January 14, 2018, 11:25:11 PM »

Results went against Stoke all weekend, too.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #131673 on: January 15, 2018, 12:24:03 PM »

Stoke have gone sub 3.0 on the appointment of Lambert

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #131674 on: January 15, 2018, 12:32:18 PM »

They have appointed him?

Wow.

Wonder what the thinking was/is there?

Surely, when getting rid of Sparky, that was not the plan?

Did the original target become unavailable?

For no other reason that we have a nice bet on it, I want Stoke to go down, but leaving that aside, & as has been mentioned on here many times, the Coates family are usually very logical, sensible & rational.

But (seemingly) getting rid of Hughes without a successor lined up & appointing Mr Lambert all seems a bit odd.

Maybe they know better than we do. In fact I'm sure they do. Curious to know the thinking though.

Anyway, will be interesting to see how it pans out.

Wonder what the reaction of the already disillusioned players will be? Hard to image Lambert will inspire them to greater heights.

Incidentally, am delighted to see David Moyes getting a bit of good press for a change. Don't think he deserved all the nasty flak he has endured in recent times.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #131675 on: January 15, 2018, 12:53:06 PM »

They have appointed him?

Wow.

Wonder what the thinking was/is there?

Surely, when getting rid of Sparky, that was not the plan?

Did the original target become unavailable?

For no other reason that we have a nice bet on it, I want Stoke to go down, but leaving that aside, & as has been mentioned on here many times, the Coates family are usually very logical, sensible & rational.

But (seemingly) getting rid of Hughes without a successor lined up & appointing Mr Lambert all seems a bit odd.

Maybe they know better than we do. In fact I'm sure they do. Curious to know the thinking though.

Anyway, will be interesting to see how it pans out.

Wonder what the reaction of the already disillusioned players will be? Hard to image Lambert will inspire them to greater heights.

Incidentally, am delighted to see David Moyes getting a bit of good press for a change. Don't think he deserved all the nasty flak he has endured in recent times.

Must say Moyes is proving me completely wrong and im quite glad about that. Lambert tho, they're doomed

sola virtus nobilitat
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #131676 on: January 15, 2018, 01:00:15 PM »

Looks like Lambert was 4th choice if this is to be believed;

His appointment comes after Stoke failed to land any of their top three targets.

On Sunday, Republic of Ireland manager Martin O'Neill rejected the chance to take over at the bet365 Stadium, after Gary Rowett signed a new contract at Derby County and former Watford boss Quique Sanchez Flores decided to remain with La Liga side Espanyol.

From here;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42689053

Not exactly shooting for the sky, are they?

TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #131677 on: January 15, 2018, 06:43:45 PM »

His appointment comes after Stoke failed to land any of their top three targets.

On Sunday, Republic of Ireland manager Martin O'Neill rejected the chance to take over at the bet365 Stadium, after Gary Rowett signed a new contract at Derby County and former Watford boss Quique Sanchez Flores decided to remain with La Liga side Espanyol.

From here;

What I think is worrying for Stoke is, why did all 3 of those managers decide to turn down a 'bigger job' with presumably a bigger pay packet and stay where they are?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #131678 on: January 15, 2018, 06:51:35 PM »

From here;

What I think is worrying for Stoke is, why did all 3 of those managers decide to turn down a 'bigger job' with presumably a bigger pay packet and stay where they are?

Yup, I thought exactly that.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #131679 on: January 15, 2018, 07:05:36 PM »

I hope Fred had the Stoke relegation bet with paddy parr as they are paying out early - early as in now!

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #131680 on: January 15, 2018, 07:29:30 PM »

Bwin for those that can.

Will the same movie win both the best director and best picture oscar? No 5-11, Yes 17-11.

Well the best director oscar is a two-horse race, 5-4 Dunkirk, odds-on The Shape Of Water most places (3-1 with PP bizarrely), 8-1 Bar.

The Shape Of Water is 6-1 for best picture, Dunkirk is 12-1.

'No' should be long odds-on in Bwin's market.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #131681 on: January 15, 2018, 08:55:11 PM »

Bwin for those that can.

Will the same movie win both the best director and best picture oscar? No 5-11, Yes 17-11.

Well the best director oscar is a two-horse race, 5-4 Dunkirk, odds-on The Shape Of Water most places (3-1 with PP bizarrely), 8-1 Bar.

The Shape Of Water is 6-1 for best picture, Dunkirk is 12-1.

'No' should be long odds-on in Bwin's market.

Daniel Day Lewis 16/1 Best Actor, Gary Oldman 1/5.
I'm sure Oldman is fine but it's really 'best makeup', isn't it? DDL in his last movie and clearly the greatest actor alive?
I haven't seen any of these movies btw Smiley
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #131682 on: January 15, 2018, 09:35:21 PM »

And why is Blade Runner 2049 @ 200/1 when there is a host of 'no chance' movies shorter? I didn't like it myself but didn't the critics love it? And the fans on Rotten Tomatoes loved it too.
sonour

View Profile
« Reply #131683 on: January 15, 2018, 11:15:19 PM »

I hope Fred had the Stoke relegation bet with paddy parr as they are paying out early - early as in now!

I'll check but I'm pretty sure half was with Coral and half with William Hill.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #131684 on: January 16, 2018, 12:00:57 AM »

I'll check but I'm pretty sure half was with Coral and half with William Hill.

Hi Lisa,

Did you place this for us?

I rather thought you did, but the Spready says "Betfred". However, I just searched my Betfred Account & can't see the bet. 

Pages: 1 ... 8775 8776 8777 8778 [8779] 8780 8781 8782 8783 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: