blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:44:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8798 8799 8800 8801 [8802] 8803 8804 8805 8806 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13436516 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #132015 on: March 08, 2018, 11:30:25 AM »

Racing Post to increase to £2.90 from £2.40 every day.  Lord Chomps must be in for a decent pay rise for his spotlights!

Always goes up around Cheltenham 10p a day.  This year they have decided to increase the price mid week to the more expensive price at weekend.  They could be attempting to wipe out the paper version and get everyone online i would imagine.  Paper sales will fall massively when half the shops close because of the FOBT reductions.  This price rise will stop me buying it tbh, even at the weekends, because you can read so much of the paper online on their website for free.

Think they will struggle to have the scale to keep the paper version going much longer without running it at a loss.

Yikes!

I haven't taken the paper for years now. Online ftw.

Doing a load more Spotlights this year. Long odds-on to resurrect my column in the Racing & Football Outlook too. Not done a weekly column in over ten years but the time feels right.

Surely a Chompy/Arbboy collaboration on the effect of the draw in greyhound racing?

Just so important at certain tracks over certain distances.  Some dogs just can't win certain races.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #132016 on: March 08, 2018, 12:50:46 PM »

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/europa-league/winner

Given Arsenal and AC Milan are virtually a flip to qualify seems hard to understand why one team is 8/1 to win it and the other 14/1 on the exchanges.   AC Milan must be worth a decent ew wager at 15/1 if you can get it.  14/1 looks more than fair as well.  Pony e/w?

more a case of Arsenal being too short? third favourites, really?

anyway

AC Milan Europa League Winner
14/1 Each Way (2 Places at 1/2 Odds)
Total Stake: £40.00
Potential Returns: £460.00

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #132017 on: March 08, 2018, 07:01:42 PM »

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/europa-league/winner

Given Arsenal and AC Milan are virtually a flip to qualify seems hard to understand why one team is 8/1 to win it and the other 14/1 on the exchanges.   AC Milan must be worth a decent ew wager at 15/1 if you can get it.  14/1 looks more than fair as well.  Pony e/w?

more a case of Arsenal being too short? third favourites, really?

anyway

AC Milan Europa League Winner
14/1 Each Way (2 Places at 1/2 Odds)
Total Stake: £40.00
Potential Returns: £460.00

Really by the looks of it!
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #132018 on: March 08, 2018, 08:31:36 PM »

Does anyone else think that Arsenal are worth a decent punt for their only remaining realistic target @5/1 or have I too caught a dose of the recency-bias flu?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #132019 on: March 09, 2018, 04:08:34 AM »

I think Palace are a bet at 10/1+ on Saturday.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/chelsea-v-crystal-palace/winner

Zaha could be ready in time, but i wouldn't hold my breath on that, if he is then the bet really is clear value.

I think at the price it strikes me as one you can't go too wrong on, even without Zaha playing considering how perky we were against Man U for swathes of the match. Also Chelsea have been having trouble of late. All in all i think it's worth a small go just because the price is so appealing.

the coinflip on the asian handicap +1.5 Palace seems appealing too, and also the near 3/1 on the Palace +0.5 asian handicap.

I don't know what to expect in terms of how much Chelsea will want it, but know generally when Palace have 0 pressure on the result, they can sometimes come in, and considering how close they were getting a result against Spurs and Man U, albeit at home, I think this isn't bad. Depends how nitty you want to go with what of the 3 bets you want to choose really.  

in before the moses hattrick  Grin
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #132020 on: March 09, 2018, 11:47:11 PM »

If Fred has a Betstars account, we should be taking the 15/8 on Sam Darnold being the first overall pick in the NFL draft.

They have just traded to get the Bills QB, Tyrod Taylor, but he will only be a bridge. They need to get their franchise QB. The market has running back, Saquon Barkley as favourite, but I can't see the new administration making the mistake of the last one: passing up on a stellar quarterback.

Open to views on whether the market continues to think the Browns choose Barkley and 15/8 goes out. To my eyes, it's significantly more than a 1 in 3 chance it's Darnold.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132021 on: March 09, 2018, 11:54:54 PM »

If Fred has a Betstars account, we should be taking the 15/8 on Sam Darnold being the first overall pick in the NFL draft.

They have just traded to get the Bills QB, Tyrod Taylor, but he will only be a bridge. They need to get their franchise QB. The market has running back, Saquon Barkley as favourite, but I can't see the new administration making the mistake of the last one: passing up on a stellar quarterback.

Open to views on whether the market continues to think the Browns choose Barkley and 15/8 goes out. To my eyes, it's significantly more than a 1 in 3 chance it's Darnold.

You know my opinion on this, Darnold was 2/1 on PP before they suspended the market (due to a slew of bets on Barkley so if you can find someone to get on Darnold there I'd imagine it will re-open at bigger than two spades)

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #132022 on: March 10, 2018, 12:08:24 AM »

You know my opinion on this, Darnold was 2/1 on PP before they suspended the market (due to a slew of bets on Barkley so if you can find someone to get on Darnold there I'd imagine it will re-open at bigger than two spades)

They've traded away their second QB, Deshone Kizer. Taylor is the only one left. If Darnold is second favourite when the market reopens, I'll be going in again.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #132023 on: March 10, 2018, 08:14:31 AM »

sorry we don't have BetStars

nowhere else?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Stopsleyhatter

View Profile
« Reply #132024 on: March 10, 2018, 08:40:09 AM »

Luton at home with a full house means one thing, all out attack and a risky defensive game.Collins suspended keeps the ball on the deck which suits Luton so fully expect over 3.5 total match goals.
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132025 on: March 10, 2018, 09:04:35 AM »

sorry we don't have BetStars

nowhere else?

Most of the draft options I could see are offline at the moment (Pp, ladbrokes, sky have all taken then down from a quick check this morning) I think Darnold will be bigger odds when they re-open so probably worth keeping an eye out for that time

RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #132026 on: March 10, 2018, 09:37:00 AM »

Bolton play at my team, Sheffield Wednesday today.

Wednesday are in a right old tangle. I believe TFT has a bet on us to go down recommended by Rich Trigg.

Carvalhal is having amazing success at Swansea but he has left behind a shambolic mess. We have a squad which is basically not fit, 12 first team players injured. What has started to become apparent is that pre season training was more like a holiday camp and whilst some of the injuries are bad luck, there has been some serious mismanagement of the players conditioning and fitness regime.

Carvalhal hasn't had 17 management positions in 18 years for no reason.

Anyway, Wednesday are playing with no confidence (that's an understatement) and have a combination of a reserve side with 2-3 young players getting a game. The atmosphere at Hillsborough is getting more toxic by the game.

Bolton are no world beaters but at 15/4 are clear value to me. That price is with b366, snicker bet and BFSbook.

I recommend £20 at 15/4.

(If you want the bet putting on let me know)

« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 09:40:32 AM by RickBFA » Logged
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #132027 on: March 10, 2018, 02:57:07 PM »

Not an odds on shot in the EPL in the 6 early games.  Shortest price is 5/4.  What do the mug acca punters do on a day like today?
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #132028 on: March 10, 2018, 03:09:40 PM »

Can you imagine the evil goblin pubis's smirk should 'boro' get promoted and the baggies are joined by either or both of Stoke and Palace doing the opposite.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #132029 on: March 10, 2018, 03:20:28 PM »

Can you imagine the evil goblin pubis's smirk should 'boro' get promoted and the baggies are joined by either or both of Stoke and Palace doing the opposite.

I think he would love it if WBA and Palace went down.  I don't think he would be wishing that on Stoke imo.
Pages: 1 ... 8798 8799 8800 8801 [8802] 8803 8804 8805 8806 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: