blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:36:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8936 8937 8938 8939 [8940] 8941 8942 8943 8944 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13444612 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #134085 on: August 29, 2018, 09:26:55 AM »

Bournemouth v MK Dons :   Cup match next Tuesday 28th

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/efl-cup/bournemouth-v-mk-dons/handicaps

Bournemouth have played the same first team for the first 3 premier matches....and so will make 10 or 11 changes for the cup match next week....and almost certainly Howe will play the team below. This includes the 2 summer signings of Rico (10m) and Lerma (25m). They haven't played in Premier League yet as one was serving a 3 match ban and the other wasn't match fit. Its a strong side including Lewis Cook and Defoe, and should be far too good for League 2 MK Dons (who maybe will also make changes as they are doing well atm? )

Potentially a  handicap bet?

Boruc
Francis
Lerma
Mousset
Ibe
L Cook
Defoe
Mings
Rico
Pugh
+1

Good spot that Nick, Bournemouth covered the handicap comfortably, hope a few followed you in.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #134086 on: August 29, 2018, 09:32:11 AM »

Screen scraping is a new one on me too. Any ideas?

Screen-scraping, or more correctly data-scraping, is pretty much what it says on the tin.

Best example I can give is Sharkscope. Many poker players get cross that poker sites provide Tournament & SNG results to Sharkscope, but in fact they don't provide it at all - Sharkscope simply data-scrape the sites 24/7 to harvest the results. They don't pay for it, but they then sell that information.  Pure theft imo, but probs best not go there. As it happens, GDPR has put a proper spanner in Sharkscope's works. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #134087 on: August 29, 2018, 07:32:17 PM »

Bournemouth v MK Dons :   Cup match next Tuesday 28th

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/efl-cup/bournemouth-v-mk-dons/handicaps

Bournemouth have played the same first team for the first 3 premier matches....and so will make 10 or 11 changes for the cup match next week....and almost certainly Howe will play the team below. This includes the 2 summer signings of Rico (10m) and Lerma (25m). They haven't played in Premier League yet as one was serving a 3 match ban and the other wasn't match fit. Its a strong side including Lewis Cook and Defoe, and should be far too good for League 2 MK Dons (who maybe will also make changes as they are doing well atm? )

Potentially a  handicap bet?

Boruc
Francis
Lerma
Mousset
Ibe
L Cook
Defoe
Mings
Rico
Pugh
+1

Good spot that Nick, Bournemouth covered the handicap comfortably, hope a few followed you in.

Cheers....B'mouth were well backed in the end ,  ie down from 11/8 at -1 handicap, to about 8/13 on the day....so a fair bit of fred money at work  Wink
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #134088 on: August 30, 2018, 09:31:11 AM »

James Vogl, who had a brief but spectacular time in the poker limelight, including a WSOP Bracelet, does not bet very often it seems, but when he bets, he bets big. 

Just had my first sports bet since backing Petr Korda @ 14/1 to win Aussie Open in 1998. I know nothing about football. But #Spurs to win the premier league @ 12/1 just seems wayyy too long a price. Won 1st 3, thrashing United & have 9 World Cup semi finalists. What am I missing?

Click to see full-size image.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #134089 on: August 30, 2018, 09:48:54 AM »

Not much chance of this guy getting restricted.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #134090 on: August 30, 2018, 01:49:52 PM »

James Vogl, who had a brief but spectacular time in the poker limelight, including a WSOP Bracelet, does not bet very often it seems, but when he bets, he bets big. 

Just had my first sports bet since backing Petr Korda @ 14/1 to win Aussie Open in 1998. I know nothing about football. But #Spurs to win the premier league @ 12/1 just seems wayyy too long a price. Won 1st 3, thrashing United & have 9 World Cup semi finalists. What am I missing?

He set up a company called "Cerebral Gym" and he tells you about it in an interesting interview with Vicky Coren.

https://cerebralgym.com/video/
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #134091 on: August 30, 2018, 02:33:42 PM »

Didn’t know bookies still took bets like this.

Was reading his feed yesterday and the funniest reply to his question. WHAT AM I MISSING? Was ............ £5k. 😂
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #134092 on: August 30, 2018, 02:59:08 PM »

Pretty certain Vogl (unless there is another high staking punter with the same name) was a consistent punter during my time at one firm i worked for in the early 2000's of these types of stakes.    Don't believe his statement that he hasn't had a bet for 20 years.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #134093 on: August 30, 2018, 03:21:28 PM »

Pretty certain Vogl (unless there is another high staking punter with the same name) was a consistent punter during my time at one firm i worked for in the early 2000's of these types of stakes.    Don't believe his statement that he hasn't had a bet for 20 years.

He used to be buds with Thomas Bihl, who did a lot of sports betting, and still does AFAIK.  Odd they found their way to betfair in the early days if they weren't punters. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #134094 on: August 30, 2018, 03:26:01 PM »

He used to be buds with Thomas Bihl, who did a lot of sports betting, and still does AFAIK.  Odd they found their way to betfair in the early days if they weren't punters.  

Correct both were big arbers imo with the firm in question when i worked there.  The legend of 'buzzer' Bihl!  Seems like a different lifetime ago we were grinding against him daily in betfair's stt's.
Peter-27

View Profile
« Reply #134095 on: August 31, 2018, 09:35:05 AM »

OK mate, I have backed Vettel for double what I originally staked on Hamilton following the initial recommend. Good luck and enjoy the race!

Well done kuku. The Ferrari dominance was breathtaking.

The credit goes to Peter, I hope he cashed in as well. I see 15/8 Lewis, 1/1 Vettel in Monza. I know close to nothing about F1, I’ll stick to acting as Peter’s interpreter.

This system worked well, so I'll happily agree. I did make a profit due to your advice, so thanks for that.

Best price on Sebastian to win the Italian GP this weekend is 19/20. I don't usually recommend bets under EVS, but that really feels like a lump spot to me. The nature of the Italian track should suit the Ferrari car even more than in Belgium. I've done £100.

https://www.oddschecker.com/motorsport/formula-1/italian-grand-prix/winner

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #134096 on: September 01, 2018, 05:46:39 PM »

Kieffer Moore at 10-1. The guy's an absolute monster at this level and Barnsley are pretty much nailed on to finish in the top two or three. With Tom Bradshaw joining Millwall last week, he's now the main man up front and manager Daniel Stendel is all about being aggressive. BetVictor's book looks the most accurate in this case (3 Cummings, 5 Moore, 6 Godden, 16 Bar) but I'd have Kieffer a bit shorter still. The two Posh strikers will likely share the goals between them the rest of the season.

What you want on?

In case the price goes, Fred has up to £50 e/w with me.

How much of this does Fred want, Chompy?

Before he bangs a hatrick in at the weekend Grin

Hat-trick?

Nah, just the two.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #134097 on: September 01, 2018, 06:07:36 PM »

Kieffer Moore at 10-1. The guy's an absolute monster at this level and Barnsley are pretty much nailed on to finish in the top two or three. With Tom Bradshaw joining Millwall last week, he's now the main man up front and manager Daniel Stendel is all about being aggressive. BetVictor's book looks the most accurate in this case (3 Cummings, 5 Moore, 6 Godden, 16 Bar) but I'd have Kieffer a bit shorter still. The two Posh strikers will likely share the goals between them the rest of the season.

What you want on?

Hat-trick?

Nah, just the two.

The grim is setting up nicely  Cool

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #134098 on: September 01, 2018, 06:19:11 PM »

What you want on?

Hat-trick?

Nah, just the two.

I forgot all about the bet until I saw the results, then realised I had not paid you.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #134099 on: September 01, 2018, 06:44:35 PM »

What you want on?

Hat-trick?

Nah, just the two.

I forgot all about the bet until I saw the results, then realised I had not paid you.

Both going for the grim Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 8936 8937 8938 8939 [8940] 8941 8942 8943 8944 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: