blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:30:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 1452 1453 1454 1455 [1456] 1457 1458 1459 1460 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13445023 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #21825 on: November 28, 2012, 08:06:12 PM »

Incred stuff Phil. I thought Red's figures were staggering but yikes that's another amazing insight. I imagine you had kids and a mortgage at the time as well? Love it when you hear of people biting the bullet and succeeding.

Next time we are on the same table again I will buy you a drink and fire a couple of hundred questions at you. I blame being around so many icecreams growing up for my punting tendencies up until now. Really trying to buck the trend. Might have to take up limit with an ABC style to improve my discipline. Smiley Smiley

YBA Mr Whippy!!

Love reading all this stuff though, really interesting and the stories are great!

redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #21826 on: November 28, 2012, 08:08:16 PM »

Fascinated by the numbers that reds & bobby mention.

We beat ourselves up on here a lot, or I do, sometimes with good reason, but to get our collective efforts into perspective, two stats from our spready are.....

Total Bets 885, amount wagered £33,499, Profit, £788, ROI 2.35%.

Football Bets 299, amount wagered £11,406, Profit £633, ROI 5.55%.

I know, sample size, da de da, but given my previous punting history - I'm a geeeezer - that exceeds my wildest dreams.

The collective learning has been extraordinary, imo, & that's why days like yesterday are good for us, or deffo me - I don't have any ego issues with making bad decisions, but I do like to learn from them.

Most of today's debate came aboiut because we missed two good bets - Watford, & TL900's NBA jobbie. So you might even say we won on those 2 bets.  Wink

I used to make 10%+ on my bets and was very happy with that.  I now realise a very good margin means I am not having enough bets.  Sure there are 10%+ opportunities out there but they are nothing like as many as you think and you have to take the thin margins.

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #21827 on: November 28, 2012, 08:16:00 PM »

Does the fact one is using Black or White make much difference to the players? You mentioned it twice, how so? Also any incidences in the past where it was a big factor in a match/occasion?
White always moves first, which makes white favourite i believe

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #21828 on: November 28, 2012, 08:16:51 PM »

Interesting reading your posts fellas.

Ty Redarmi for appreciating the Palace input, and I agree with you entirely that i may have decent intent/ideas but I really don't have any proper application and a wiser head would be dealing with bets much better than I. The view that I am a runner for the wiser heads in this thread I find amusing, but true, I just hope I am due for a promotion asap!
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #21829 on: November 28, 2012, 08:17:11 PM »

Does the fact one is using Black or White make much difference to the players? You mentioned it twice, how so? Also any incidences in the past where it was a big factor in a match/occasion?

Makes sense.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #21830 on: November 28, 2012, 08:24:12 PM »

Makes sense.

Yep. Equate it - very roughly - to home field advantage in sports.

In preparation terms, the player who is White knows what they are going to play first, whereas Black has to prepare for everything or make educated guesses. White generally sets the tenor of the game and Black's objective early doors to neutralise the advantage of the first move.

McShane is a better player than his ranking because he is an amateur (he works full time in the City as a trader, I believe) so doesn't play as much.

Carlsen is deservedly the best player in the world and in form. I think he wins this tournament more than one in two times, but I'm not a compiler of odds.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #21831 on: November 28, 2012, 08:27:13 PM »

I know this doesnt help fred now, but I am happy with it anyway. Saw Tottenham were 2.6 2 mins before Ko and had a cheeky ton on it, I know it was getting put across on here before, but I didn't really clock and thought why not. Should hold now, I don't believe in boks.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #21832 on: November 28, 2012, 08:31:29 PM »

I know this doesnt help fred now, but I am happy with it anyway. Saw Tottenham were 2.6 2 mins before Ko and had a cheeky ton on it, I know it was getting put across on here before, but I didn't really clock and thought why not. Should hold now, I don't believe in boks.

You're in big trouble if you're not right!

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #21833 on: November 28, 2012, 08:33:10 PM »

You're in big trouble if you're not right!

All is good. I have already done the celebratory windmill.
Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #21834 on: November 28, 2012, 08:35:04 PM »

Its pretty bad aftertiming tbh mate tho we all do it i guess.

Wish I hadn't put up that i'd laid swansea pre match, that one is looking rather finished with!

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #21835 on: November 28, 2012, 08:37:03 PM »

Wish I hadn't put up that i'd laid swansea pre match, that one is looking rather finished with!

Difference is with me Nico, if they were losing two nil I would put up the same story, so at least I am consistent. But your right, it's bad form.
Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #21836 on: November 28, 2012, 08:38:00 PM »

Difference is with me Nico, if they were losing two nil I would put up the same story, so at least I am consistent. But your right, it's bad form.

I know you say you would....and i want to believe you but.... Smiley
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #21837 on: November 28, 2012, 08:41:05 PM »

I know you say you would....and i want to believe you but.... Smiley

Smiley Rarely bet as late as I did tonight, normally I am embarrassing myself early doors for everyone to see.

3-1 at Swansea now. I wonder what the odds are on 3-3.
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #21838 on: November 28, 2012, 09:19:13 PM »

We beat ourselves up on here a lot, or I do, sometimes with good reason, but to get our collective efforts into perspective, two stats from our spready are.....

I know, sample size, da de da, but given my previous punting history - I'm a geeeezer - that exceeds my wildest dreams.

The collective learning has been extraordinary, imo, & that's why days like yesterday are good for us, or deffo me - I don't have any ego issues with making bad decisions, but I do like to learn from them.

Most of today's debate came aboiut because we missed two good bets - Watford, & TL900's NBA jobbie. So you might even say we won on those 2 bets.  Wink

I have a question Tony, was there any hesitation on your part to bets put up in the last week to protect the monthly figures with only a few days of November left?

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #21839 on: November 28, 2012, 10:11:10 PM »

I have a question Tony, was there any hesitation on your part to bets put up in the last week to protect the monthly figures with only a few days of November left?

Very good question sir
Pages: 1 ... 1452 1453 1454 1455 [1456] 1457 1458 1459 1460 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: