blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:28:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272602 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 2157 2158 2159 2160 [2161] 2162 2163 2164 2165 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13437638 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32400 on: March 05, 2013, 11:06:37 AM »

Direct quotes from yesterday's press conferences

SAF "We will need to score at least twice to go through"

Jose "We come to attack. It feels like the final and we have to attack"

Man U are better defensively recently, but still vulnerable at centre back to pace in my opinion.

Real Madrid can counter and really put Man U in trouble tonight.

I expect it to be open, fast and personally expect Madrid to go through

I know a lot of people think it will be cagey, I don't

The B365 offer

Over 3 goals 11/8 £50

As it starts 4/6 Madrid to Qualify for the free bet

The first bet is refunded if it loses and you try to nick the £50 at 4/6 with the free one

Put this in the mix please for the many suggstions you will get on the game

Ideally the thread should have a bet on an offer like this, didn'tlast time, but should be able to find something

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
a.sparrow

View Profile
« Reply #32401 on: March 05, 2013, 11:13:28 AM »

Have we had Views on the bet366 offer? I think personally I'm going to back united before kick off and then in play, effectively getting just over 4/1 for £50.  However if Fred doesn't find much, how do we feel about backing over 0.5 goals pre match and then using the free £50 in play for something someone feels is good value? Aslong as there is 1 goal in the game it's effectively a freeroll.
hector62

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet

View Profile
« Reply #32402 on: March 05, 2013, 11:13:55 AM »

2 firms have prices at the moment Mr T, Stan James are 5/4 and Paddy Power 4/5. I expect other firms to add prices anon.

Puristville, Arizona.  Population (1)
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #32403 on: March 05, 2013, 11:15:01 AM »

I am working tonight, so no bets can be placed after 6pm.

In the "you could not make it up" & how do these things happen?" Department......

I was not supposed to be working tonight, but thay asked me to step in & help out with.....wait for it.......a 1 Hour Cheltenham Festival Preview.

Can you talk about Cheltenham with a degree of knowledge & answer viewers questions? they asked.

Oh yeah, no problem, I said.

Whoops.

Never will there be so much waffling & ignorance in an hours TV.

My bluffing abilities will be tested to the full tonight.

Been a while since I followed Racing closely. Is Fred Winter still doing well, Johnny Francombe still riding for him? Bob Turnell still training? Jonjo still kicking home the winners?

Talk about It'll be alright on the night.

Luckily, I will have a genuine Racing Expert at hand, as Guest.

some popular cliches to throw in

"i have heard from ireland"

"anything he did over hurdles was always going to be a bonus"

"the better ground will suit"

"wont win if it starts now"

"henderson/nicholls/mullins/pipe  look to have some good chances this year"

"horse x will power up the hill"

"ruby walsh rides cheltenham well"

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #32404 on: March 05, 2013, 11:16:27 AM »

This was put up next door by someone on our forum...

Back Madrid double chance at 19/50 pre match

In running back United @ 21/10

If Madrid win, or it is a draw the bet returns £69 + your £50 back for a profit of £19

If United win the bet returns £155, but you lose your initial bet and profit is £55

Obviously not adventurous, but for any risk averse punters it pays for a free bet or 2...

Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #32405 on: March 05, 2013, 11:24:55 AM »

If Madrid win, or it is a draw the bet returns £69 + your £50 back for a profit of £19

If United win the bet returns £155, but you lose your initial bet and profit is £55

Obviously not adventurous, but for any risk averse punters it pays for a free bet or 2...

Terms clearly state, if you use the offer to guarentee a profit in anyway then the freebet is void. Id be telling everyone on that forum to stop immediatly.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #32406 on: March 05, 2013, 11:28:45 AM »

Terms clearly state, if you use the offer to guarentee a profit in anyway then the freebet is void. Id be telling everyone on that forum to stop immediatly.

Or not it would seem Cheesy

Cheers, have passed it on for any that are intending to do it.

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #32407 on: March 05, 2013, 11:31:04 AM »

http://stevehynd.com/2013/03/05/a-message-from-kampala-to-whoever-thought-up-the-adebayor-chant/

a very good blog worth a read if you have a chance

a.sparrow

View Profile
« Reply #32408 on: March 05, 2013, 11:31:36 AM »

Direct quotes from yesterday's press conferences

SAF "We will need to score at least twice to go through"

Jose "We come to attack. It feels like the final and we have to attack"

Man U are better defensively recently, but still vulnerable at centre back to pace in my opinion.

Real Madrid can counter and really put Man U in trouble tonight.

I expect it to be open, fast and personally expect Madrid to go through

I know a lot of people think it will be cagey, I don't

The B365 offer

Over 3 goals 11/8 £50

As it starts 4/6 Madrid to Qualify for the free bet

The first bet is refunded if it loses and you try to nick the £50 at 4/6 with the free one

Put this in the mix please for the many suggstions you will get on the game

Ideally the thread should have a bet on an offer like this, didn'tlast time, but should be able to find something

Hi tighty, it's the first in play bet that is refunded if it loses, not the original.  So if your plan was to bet the over 3 goals pre game and it loses, that's not refunded. The free bet is the 4/6 on Madrid I qualify.  That's why I think it's better to use a safe bet pre game such as over 0.5 goals or Madrid to qualify if you like that, then the bigger odds in play.
superwomble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32409 on: March 05, 2013, 11:34:44 AM »

The terms say this every time, but I and many others I know do Marky's suggestion or similar every time, and we have never had any issues.

AFC Wimbledon Poker Club - https://www.facebook.com/afcwpokerclub/
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #32410 on: March 05, 2013, 11:52:00 AM »

imperial commander out of the gold cup
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #32411 on: March 05, 2013, 11:54:30 AM »

I am working tonight, so no bets can be placed after 6pm.

In the "you could not make it up" & how do these things happen?" Department......

I was not supposed to be working tonight, but thay asked me to step in & help out with.....wait for it.......a 1 Hour Cheltenham Festival Preview.

Can you talk about Cheltenham with a degree of knowledge & answer viewers questions? they asked.

Oh yeah, no problem, I said.

Whoops.

Never will there be so much waffling & ignorance in an hours TV.

My bluffing abilities will be tested to the full tonight.

Been a while since I followed Racing closely. Is Fred Winter still doing well, Johnny Francombe still riding for him? Bob Turnell still training? Jonjo still kicking home the winners?

Talk about It'll be alright on the night.

Luckily, I will have a genuine Racing Expert at hand, as Guest.

some popular cliches to throw in

"i have heard from ireland"  Hunt Ball

"anything he did over hurdles was always going to be a bonus" Golantilla

"the better ground will suit" Fishers Cross

"wont win if it starts now"   Sprinter Sacre

"henderson/nicholls/mullins/pipe  look to have some good chances this year"  The Giant Bolster

"horse x will power up the hill"  Grand Cru

"ruby walsh rides cheltenham well"   Pearl Swan

Sounds foolproof, but entered above are some of the horses Tikay could talk about when making the quoted statement.....

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
hector62

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet

View Profile
« Reply #32412 on: March 05, 2013, 11:58:00 AM »

As you know Mr T I like a bet on cricket series as you get at least 20 days of fun for your buck. I like the look of Anderson as top bowler which his Tightiness has given you. I think we need to add a batter to the portfolio as I get a bit frustrated if we have nothing to root for for a day or 2.

Favourite for top English batter is Cook who has had a tremendous run of form, but at 5/2 he seems fairly priced. I think over a test series you really should only look at the top 4 in the order. Dhoni may prove to be the exception to that rule but that kind of explosive batting doesn't happen often. The other opener, Compton, is a big price at 8-1 but I don't think he has the ability to score consistently. Pietersen, 100/30, has the ability but is not one to trust to concentrate or be bothered for a series against New Zealand.

That leaves us with a taller, whiter and less talented version of Mr Pujara, Mr Jonathan Trott who will bat at 3. When he came onto the test scene he was an instant success and looked destined for a huge career. But he has faltered over the last 2 years. He had a fair series in India scoring the 3rd most runs with an average of 42. I think he is far happier playing seam bowling than spin and in the one dayers last month he was Englands top scorer. His price is 9/2 which compared to Bell at 5-1 who will probably bat at 5 is a decent bet.

Suggest Trott top England batter £15 @ 9-2 with Sportingbet.

Puristville, Arizona.  Population (1)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32413 on: March 05, 2013, 11:58:19 AM »

Behave Adzy!

I will be using some of horsey's pearls of wisdom. Possibly.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32414 on: March 05, 2013, 12:03:33 PM »

As you know Mr T I like a bet on cricket series as you get at least 20 days of fun for your buck. I like the look of Anderson as top bowler which his Tightiness has given you. I think we need to add a batter to the portfolio as I get a bit frustrated if we have nothing to root for for a day or 2.

Favourite for top English batter is Cook who has had a tremendous run of form, but at 5/2 he seems fairly priced. I think over a test series you really should only look at the top 4 in the order. Dhoni may prove to be the exception to that rule but that kind of explosive batting doesn't happen often. The other opener, Compton, is a big price at 8-1 but I don't think he has the ability to score consistently. Pietersen, 100/30, has the ability but is not one to trust to concentrate or be bothered for a series against New Zealand.

That leaves us with a taller, whiter and less talented version of Mr Pujara, Mr Jonathan Trott who will bat at 3. When he came onto the test scene he was an instant success and looked destined for a huge career. But he has faltered over the last 2 years. He had a fair series in India scoring the 3rd most runs with an average of 42. I think he is far happier playing seam bowling than spin and in the one dayers last month he was Englands top scorer. His price is 9/2 which compared to Bell at 5-1 who will probably bat at 5 is a decent bet.

Suggest Trott top England batter £15 @ 9-2 with Sportingbet.

Thanks hector.

As you say, & assuming he gets off to a tidy start, 20 days of fun for £15, & we might just nick a few bob too? Incred value.

So now we have a bstter bloke & a bowler bloke.

Still no sign of Mr Gherkin though.

We have £15 @ 9/2, Sporting Bet, Jonathon Trott, Top England Batter Bloke. Sporting Bet are a good bit out of line here, too.

ON

Bet Type: Single
New Zealand v England - Test Series - Top Eng Batsman Top Runscorer
Jonathan Trott
9/2
Cricket Possible Payout 82.50 GBP
1 bet @
15.00 GBP 
Total Cost: 15.00 GBP Total Possible Payout
(inc. stake): 82.50 GBP

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 2157 2158 2159 2160 [2161] 2162 2163 2164 2165 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: