blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:34:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272625 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 5671 5672 5673 5674 [5675] 5676 5677 5678 5679 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13446795 times)
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #85110 on: August 13, 2014, 08:25:50 PM »

Am I missing something on Skybet's market for where Deeney plays this season?  Foxes, Hull and QPR are all 2/1.  So that is a 100% book already.  Then you have all the rags like Everton, West Ham and Saints.  But the killer is, if he stays at Watford all bets are settled as losers.  He's probably 6/4 to stay put.   So this market is terrible!  It's like running a 100% book on all the rags in a horse race and if the favourite wins the bookie takes everything.

I hope I've misunderstood this!
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #85111 on: August 13, 2014, 08:26:41 PM »

Is it not just a case of liquid betfair market says 5.4, bookie offers 5/1?

If you want my actual view, Chelsea and the two Manchester clubs are locks but I really don't think there's much between the next four teams. I'd mark spurs as third favourite of them, but not by much. 5/1 seems OOL to me, as it does to Ladbrokes and the good people of betfair exchange (£200k traded on the market when last I looked).

Obviously, the fact it was Ladbrokes made it all the more worth posting Smiley

COYS

still think 5/1 is not a good price. i'd lay that all day.  if i am backing them (which i wouldn't with yours!) i'd want at least 15/2
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #85112 on: August 13, 2014, 08:37:57 PM »

If you want my actual view, Chelsea and the two Manchester clubs are locks but I really don't think there's much between the next four teams. I'd mark spurs as third favourite of them, but not by much. 5/1 seems OOL to me, as it does to Ladbrokes and the good people of betfair exchange (£200k traded on the market when last I looked).

COYS

still think 5/1 is not a good price. i'd lay that all day.  if i am backing them (which i wouldn't with yours!) i'd want at least 15/2

Of greater interest is they boosted the price from 7/2 Wink

Anyway, my whimsy obviously hasn't worked.

Let's leave it now.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 08:43:08 PM by Tal » Logged

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #85113 on: August 13, 2014, 08:59:52 PM »

Celtic playing some ok football, but as I thought no cutting edge.   St Johnstone have created a few half chances but only tested Craig Gordon once.  It's going to be a long season unless our board get the cheque book out and add some quality. 
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #85114 on: August 13, 2014, 09:02:48 PM »

Celtic playing some ok football, but as I thought no cutting edge.   St Johnstone have created a few half chances but only tested Craig Gordon once.  It's going to be a long season unless our board get the cheque book out and add some quality. 

why should they?

win the league at a canter with whatever xi they put out from the current squad

only need to invest if they ever get a challenge again, and three of the teams who long term might do that are out of the league/financially stifled

huge team in a tiny league. different story if came to England

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #85115 on: August 13, 2014, 09:08:14 PM »

COYS

Let's leave it now.

i hope they do finish top4 for you, especially if it means city don't!
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #85116 on: August 13, 2014, 09:08:47 PM »

COYS

Let's leave it now.

Would normally jump on an arb like this, but a whole season is a long time to get a couple of quid and you have to lay out 5 times as much to get the full arb.  Fortunately Ladbrokes won't lay me more than 10p, and I can't lay less than £2 on Betfair.

Ps no mention of the former nationality of Tiffany Porter?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #85117 on: August 13, 2014, 09:35:32 PM »

why should they?

win the league at a canter with whatever xi they put out from the current squad

only need to invest if they ever get a challenge again, and three of the teams who long term might do that are out of the league/financially stifled

huge team in a tiny league. different story if came to England

Because we face embarrassment in Europe if we don't, we don't look capable of winning the league at a canter with current XI and it looks like we're going to lose VVD.

If they don't invest now when it comes time to invest it might be too late.  This could be another Mowbray.   

Never going to be going to England.  It's a pipe dream if it was ever going to happen it would have materialised by now. 
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #85118 on: August 13, 2014, 09:53:38 PM »

Kent just smashed Sussex to secure a home tie. However I strongly advise laying Kent to win the comp a bit now and more after the semi final - as a Kent fan I am well used to us capitulating in finals days, the only success we've had is in the t20 luck-fest...
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #85119 on: August 13, 2014, 09:57:47 PM »

On that evidence even though we won 3 - 0 I will still be opposing Celtic. 

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #85120 on: August 13, 2014, 09:59:13 PM »

Dominic Walsh ‏@walshdominic  Mar 18
Ladbrokes annual report shows CEO Richard Glynn picked up total package of £4.72m inc LTIPs, up from £2.55m. And it was "challenging year"!

Just as well they never increased profits.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #85121 on: August 13, 2014, 10:02:56 PM »

Kent just smashed Sussex to secure a home tie. However I strongly advise laying Kent to win the comp a bit now and more after the semi final - as a Kent fan I am well used to us capitulating in finals days, the only success we've had is in the t20 luck-fest...

will wait to see the quarter final market form

outstanding young batting talent in billings, northeast and bell-drummond and darren stevens remains a match-winner

a same-y bowling line up, and ability to restrict opponents is the weakness

still fancy them strongly to go deep but with £20 e/w at 33-1 and currently somewhere around 4-1 second favourites on bf we are in a nice spot

My eyes are open wide
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #85122 on: August 13, 2014, 10:09:12 PM »

@Tighty - this is a pretty good blog that shows the mountain evidence against our PLC board and Chief Executive, they are putting £'s before trophes/footballing excellence. 

http://www.onfieldsofgreen.com/a-pale-horse/

Having read some of the posts you and tikay have made on here previously its clear that you both value a good business model, I too value that but I don't want that to the detriment of the team.  Celtic used to treat us like supporters but over recent years we are sadly just customers. 
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #85123 on: August 13, 2014, 10:13:39 PM »

[/quote]
@Tighty - this is a pretty good blog that shows the mountain evidence against our PLC board and Chief Executive, they are putting £'s before trophes/footballing excellence.  

http://www.onfieldsofgreen.com/a-pale-horse/

Having read some of the posts you and tikay have made on here previously its clear that you both value a good business model, I too value that but I don't want that to the detriment of the team.  Celtic used to treat us like supporters but over recent years we are sadly just customers.  

thank you, i will read that when i get some time

am not anti-Celtic, at all, just a neutral observer.

the point about fans being treated as customers is common across UK football in everything from ticket prices, merchandising policies, stadium design and seating etc etc, not just profit versus team-building

celtic aren't in a team building "arms race" which you are if you are a top 6 premier league side, so prior to reading the blog you provide, i can see how it makes sense to have a team that gets by, wins the league by x points because, after all, its not realistic to build a team that is going to make the last 8 of the CL is it? why would the players needed to do that come, and why would it be worth paying their wages, when the domestic league isn't a challenge?  

My eyes are open wide
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #85124 on: August 13, 2014, 10:14:57 PM »

Dominic Walsh ‏@walshdominic  Mar 18
Ladbrokes annual report shows CEO Richard Glynn picked up total package of £4.72m inc LTIPs, up from £2.55m. And it was "challenging year"!

Just as well they never increased profits.

They make £28m per half year and have a CEO making £2.4m a half year.  I can see an obvious way to increase profits by 8%.  Nice work if you can get it.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: 1 ... 5671 5672 5673 5674 [5675] 5676 5677 5678 5679 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: