blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:31:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272625 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 1276 1277 1278 1279 [1280] 1281 1282 1283 1284 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13446788 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #19185 on: October 30, 2012, 11:04:50 PM »

A couple of the Arsenal players threw their shirts into the crowd after 90 minutes mistakenly thinking that they had won the game on away goals. They went back over to the fans who threw them back to them immediately so that they could continue in extra time.

I can't help wondering if those two 5pur2 fans who were fighting over Friedel's shirt would have been as acquiescent.

Lol post-match chirpaments.

Would love to draw you again in the semis Wink

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
JaffaCake

View Profile
« Reply #19186 on: October 31, 2012, 04:03:07 AM »

Lakers losing by 2 at halftime, hope some fred regs got some of the 4/1 Dallas, got a sweat in this second half now...
JaffaCake

View Profile
« Reply #19187 on: October 31, 2012, 05:40:31 AM »

Yummy, not even a sweat, new Lakers team will be good when they gel but lost by 8 and were down double that at stages on opening night against Dallas, 4/1 winnaaaaar. New season new form for fred
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19188 on: October 31, 2012, 06:17:19 AM »

Yummy, not even a sweat, new Lakers team will be good when they gel but lost by 8 and were down double that at stages on opening night against Dallas, 4/1 winnaaaaar. New season new form for fred

Wow, well done Jeff.

I have just re-read the Post where you stick that up, & even now, I can see why I missed it.

"......even tho I like them for the title, I'm expecting the Lakers to start slowly, a lot of injuries, went 0-8 in preseason, potentially without Kobe and Dwight Howard on opening night, I've backed Dallas at 4/1, even tho they have problems of their own, too big for me......."

Fred gets a lot of bets which are a bit vague, but I'm a dumbschmuck when it comes to all these different sports, and a busy, speed-reading dumbschmuck at that, so I need it spelt out sometimes.

That was an abso cracking bet though, congrats on the spot, keep them coming.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #19189 on: October 31, 2012, 06:55:35 AM »

Might be a good time to pound every team thats playing vs the lakers until they can show they can play as a unit. (0-9 inc preseason, 8 at home)

They travel to Portland tonight who they have already lost to in preseason in LA (75-93)

Last season Lakers were bad on the road only boasting a 15-18 record whereas the Trail Blazers boasted a 20-13 home record (a decent portion of this without LaMarcus Aldridge)

Portland didn't play last night and this is Lakers second game in two days, first game infront of the homefans for the blazers and I expect it will only help their cause.

Early book is 17/10 ML with Bwin and the handicap hasn't been released yet.

I'm gona wait a while and see what the other books offer/look at the spread but I think this might be one to keep an eye on.

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19190 on: October 31, 2012, 07:01:09 AM »

Might be a good time to pound every team thats playing vs the lakers until they can show they can play as a unit. (0-9 inc preseason, 8 at home)

They travel to Portland tonight who they have already lost to in preseason in LA (75-93)

Last season Lakers were bad on the road only boasting a 15-18 record whereas the Trail Blazers boasted a 20-13 home record (a decent portion of this without LaMarcus Aldridge)

Portland didn't play last night and this is Lakers second game in two days, first game infront of the homefans for the blazers and I expect it will only help their cause.

Early book is 17/10 ML with Bwin and the handicap hasn't been released yet.

I'm gona wait a while and see what the other books offer/look at the spread but I think this might be one to keep an eye on.

Thanks Tom, (& Jeff), can you keep us updated on this please.

Missing the wedding & going to the funeral springs to mind, but if it's value, we are hungry.

PS - what you doing up at this hour? Thought you were a poker player? Wink

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #19191 on: October 31, 2012, 07:04:23 AM »

PS - what you doing up at this hour? Thought you were a poker player? Wink

grinding the WSOP coverage of course Smiley

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #19192 on: October 31, 2012, 07:28:52 AM »

Maybe one to track Tikay and one that has made me look like a wily sports bettor of late, for the last 8 or so matches i have backed the win or the draw for Palace and we have been on a 10 game unbeaten run that doesn't look like stopping. All you need to do is look at what we did to Leicester away who had won all their games at home, contained them and looked the better team for nearly all of the game, beating them 1-2.

We're not nearly respected as much as we should be by bookies, I put £200 on Palace promotion at 11/1 last week, it is now at 8/1 and I think that is still value. TBH i think the bookies are taking the complete piss. We are fourth playing the best football in the league with the best player in the league in Wilfried Zaha and we are rated as 12th favourites for promotion. How does that work?

Bolton are 18th in the league and are 5.5/1. Just thought I would let you know and wondered if anyone else saw anything in this.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #19193 on: October 31, 2012, 08:15:15 AM »

Maybe one to track Tikay and one that has made me look like a wily sports bettor of late, for the last 8 or so matches i have backed the win or the draw for Palace and we have been on a 10 game unbeaten run that doesn't look like stopping. All you need to do is look at what we did to Leicester away who had won all their games at home, contained them and looked the better team for nearly all of the game, beating them 1-2.

We're not nearly respected as much as we should be by bookies, I put £200 on Palace promotion at 11/1 last week, it is now at 8/1 and I think that is still value. TBH i think the bookies are taking the complete piss. We are fourth playing the best football in the league with the best player in the league in Wilfried Zaha and we are rated as 12th favourites for promotion. How does that work?

Bolton are 18th in the league and are 5.5/1. Just thought I would let you know and wondered if anyone else saw anything in this.

Don't bookies normally take the piss by offering odds that are too short?  Confused

Isn't the 8/1 just a reaction to you losing your manager?  If the run continues they are obviously going to look daft.   Why would your manager leave if he thought you were on for promotion?   I assume there aren't going to be spending much in January??

Don't know, in your position it looks value.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
superwomble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19194 on: October 31, 2012, 08:35:39 AM »

Zaha to go in January?

AFC Wimbledon Poker Club - https://www.facebook.com/afcwpokerclub/
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #19195 on: October 31, 2012, 08:57:12 AM »

Don't bookies normally take the piss by offering odds that are too short?  Confused

Isn't the 8/1 just a reaction to you losing your manager?  If the run continues they are obviously going to look daft.   Why would your manager leave if he thought you were on for promotion?   I assume there aren't going to be spending much in January??

the reason bolton are shorter is because they have a much better squad and now they have a manager with a clue will almost certainly finish above palace

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #19196 on: October 31, 2012, 09:01:32 AM »

For the reason that bookies take the piss for offering odds too short is the reason they are taking the piss here in a weird way by basically not rating us at all, which is great value, but is them basically saying our run is going to die. I am not complaining and lumped on.

We are managerless yes. Since Dougie left, we went to Barnsley and were 0-1 up until the 85' and were unlucky not to hold on for the win, this too was without Zaha. Then on Saturday we dominated Leicester away with their manager and players alike saying how well we played.

Zaha going in January will only happen if we are offered £15m i think. We have him on a contract until 2017. The chairmen have said they want the premiership and know the importance of keeping Zaha in check with that. He has also been quoted as saying anything less than £10m will be laughed out of the board room.

John Bostock who was another Palace prodigy left the Eagles too early and became pretty terrible at Tottenham languishing in the reserves and on loan. So Zaha himself will know the importance of staying one more season until he can demand a starting place in a premiership team. Natahanial Clyne is an example of a man who waited and now he starts for Southampton, after having 100+ games for us, he's only 20 i think.

Zaha is only 17 and without bias I would say he is the best winger i have watched, can't think of another like him. He attacks players and leaves them trailing in his wake for fun and he does it so often that Palace fans are expectant of him to always beat any man he approaches. His shooting and crossing needs more fine tuning, but his flair and pace are really exciting. Just completely unplayable at times. I know this sounds like a biased opinion but eventually people will realise and to be honest i think you need to see him for 90 mins to realise what he is about.

Palace's defence are rock solid, and we have two big central midfielders that add steal and then two flair wingers, with a playmaker behind a holding striker and one of the best goalkeepers in the league.

I have seen 6 games live this season and we really are looking the business, and i see no reason why it can't be maintained.

It looks like we are appointing Karl Robinson as well btw, which could be a good move.

Dougie left because he wanted more money. He was one of the lowest paid managers in the league, he also was upset that we weren't going to be spending big in January to aid in the push for promotion, along with the fact Bolton have a good team on paper, he thought it made sense. We don't need any more players though and have two good players as back up for every position which is mental for us.

Dougie has left an unbelievable platform with this team. Dougie in essence could make Karl Robinson look like a genius if he gets us up.

In summation, I don't know why we are rated so lowly by bookies but must assume it is that we are managerless and that last season after the same amount of games we were third before plummeting down the table, but this is a different story.

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #19197 on: October 31, 2012, 09:07:04 AM »

the reason bolton are shorter is because they have a much better squad and now they have a manager with a clue will almost certainly finish above palace

Much better squad on paper yes, Dougie will also get them playing much better and will be up there. But i doubt they are going above us. If Zaha goes in January though, which is unlikely, I make you more than right. With him though we should finish top 4. I think top 2.

We have won 7, drawn 3 of our last 10 and if we hadn't lost our first three games, people wouldn't still be underestimating us. That record is just incredible.

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #19198 on: October 31, 2012, 09:15:50 AM »

Much better squad on paper yes, Dougie will also get them playing much better and will be up there. But i doubt they are going above us. If Zaha goes in January though, which is unlikely, I make you more than right. With him though we should finish top 4. I think top 2.

We have won 7, drawn 3 of our last 10 and if we hadn't lost our first three games, people wouldn't still be underestimating us. That record is just incredible.

fair enough cant argue with the stats so far

what price do you think palace should be to go up to be promoted?
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #19199 on: October 31, 2012, 09:23:12 AM »

3/1

But I nearly got ballsy and suggested 6/4 which is what Leicester are at, at the moment. We dominated them at their ground without a manager, with them previously having a 100% record there conceding only 2 goals before us.

Obviously they are more stable than us, currently. But honestly 8/1 is a joke price, a real head scratcher.

We have Blackburn and Ipswich at home, then Peterborough away, then Derby at home as our next four games and I think we are getting 12 points. If we do we are top and 8/1 will be no longer and I think we will be taken seriously.

At the very least I would recommend backing the current price and then laying when the price gets smaller.
Pages: 1 ... 1276 1277 1278 1279 [1280] 1281 1282 1283 1284 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: