blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 12:22:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273465 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 1431 1432 1433 1434 [1435] 1436 1437 1438 1439 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13640976 times)
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #21510 on: November 26, 2012, 12:36:27 PM »

Thanks Ed.

I almost understood every word of that.

Smiley

I'm also available for Weddings and Bat Mitzvahs.

Allez!!
hector62

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet

View Profile
« Reply #21511 on: November 26, 2012, 12:39:24 PM »

Every week I look at the thread on The Hendon Mob entitled " Sports Betting ". Since November 3rd there have been a total of 9 posts. I think  a comparison between this thread and that one  answers a question posed on another board here entitled " Is this forum dying ? "

Now time to go and see another Fred about a horse.

Puristville, Arizona.  Population (1)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #21512 on: November 26, 2012, 12:50:48 PM »

With 2 tests left on what will likely be flat(ter) pitches, Pujara isn't a 1/12 shot, so shouldn't we be investing what we can on a wrong price?

what price do you think he is?

what price is he if he fails in the next test and a n other scores a 100?

Have I misunderstood? I thought that was the point you were making?

There is plenty of opportunity for someone else to get close to Pujara's score (he will be the most scrutinised by England's analysts for the next test as we need to get him out)

Aren't we supposed to betting where we think the market isn't in line with our views on the price?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21513 on: November 26, 2012, 12:55:54 PM »

With 2 tests left on what will likely be flat(ter) pitches, Pujara isn't a 1/12 shot, so shouldn't we be investing what we can on a wrong price?

There is plenty of opportunity for someone else to get close to Pujara's score (he will be the most scrutinised by England's analysts for the next test as we need to get him out)

Aren't we supposed to betting where we think the market isn't in line with our views on the price?

I might be misunderstanding you, ie we agree

The point I am making is as likely to go to 1/5 say than 1/25, thus we have taken all the value from the bet and should a) green and b) consider going short

Ed Gascoigne's lay is far more elegant than mine and covers the protection, but mine reverses engines to go shorter.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #21514 on: November 26, 2012, 12:57:57 PM »

I might be misunderstanding you, ie we agree

The point I am making is as likely to go to 1/5 say than 1/25, thus we have taken all the value from the bet and should a) green and b) consider going short

Ed Gascoigne's lay is far more elegant than mine and covers the protection, but mine reverses engines to go shorter.

I should have just abbreviated to "+1" and annoyed everyone Smiley

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21515 on: November 26, 2012, 01:00:04 PM »

Lol, fold pre.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #21516 on: November 26, 2012, 01:01:27 PM »

Would Fred members be interested in owning a horse for next Flat season? If we could get enough interested it'd be workable I think.

Was hoping to get a list of around ten interested parties - to keep the price sensible - before looking into it further.

So far we have...

Myself
Karabiner
Redarmi
Bigadz
Tal
Bobby
Camel
Ant
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 04:58:24 PM by Chompy » Logged

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21517 on: November 26, 2012, 01:02:45 PM »

The SPOTY 12 person shortlist is announced at 7pm on BBC1 The One Show

Add another five pages to the thread...

What is our current position, net?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #21518 on: November 26, 2012, 01:04:20 PM »

The Adzy/Camel horse (Baby Shine, EW)......

http://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing-betting/kempton/14:05/winner

Is this a "dirty" EW thingie?

My enthusiasm is not tempered for the horse, but the bet needs reviewing as Alasi taken out. No longer the EW steal I thought.
TBH I am still on large regardless, but from a prudence point of view the value to nothing has been stolen.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21519 on: November 26, 2012, 01:04:21 PM »

After the reminder from Keith earlier, thought I would post this.

Been waiting for this mare to be stepped up to 3m for quite some time. The race that sticks in the mind was over 2.4 at Southwell with the race at her mercy, was chopped off two out. She then regrouped and made ground hand over fist to almost catch a very well thought of horse of Jonjo's, Its a Gimme. She then beat another well thought of horse at Leicester staying on strongly again, giving all the signs of being a thorough stayer. Last year didn't quite go according to plan, but still finished with a respectable 3rd to Simonsig at Aintree, before looking OTT at Punchestown. This year started at Wetherby over, to my mind a trip too short now, however she traveled like the winner for much of the race, but looked like she needed it, and one of today's opposition, Alasi beat her.
She has excellent form right handed 2/4 and operates well on the ground, and to me looks an excellent each way bet to nothing now she looks to step up in trip.
Recommend £10 ew  Baby Shine 2.05 Kempton

Thanks Adz.

OK, here we go.

£10 EW @ 15/2, BetVictor, Baby Shine, 2.05 Kempton.

The bet is owned by you, as I don't think His Camel-Ness Posted it on here.

ON

Kempton 14:05
BABY SHINE (EW)
(Horse Racing Outright)
Odds:  15/2
Stake:  20.00
Possible Return:  110.00

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #21520 on: November 26, 2012, 01:04:55 PM »

Been tried before, hasn't it, Chompy?

Suspect I'm unlikely to be one of five or six tbh. If it were a bigger group and the numbers/exposure were better spread, maybe.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21521 on: November 26, 2012, 01:06:32 PM »

My enthusiasm is not tempered for the horse, but the bet needs reviewing as Alasi taken out. No longer the EW steal I thought.
TBH I am still on large regardless, but from a prudence point of view the value to nothing has been stolen.

FML.

Timing is a thing of beauty. Bad timing, not so much.......

Never mind, it is done now.

I'm blaming hector, for reminding me.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21522 on: November 26, 2012, 01:11:07 PM »

The SPOTY 12 person shortlist is announced at 7pm on BBC1 The One Show

Add another five pages to the thread...

What is our current position, net?

Not sure of the "net" Rich, as we did some laying, I think we laid both Ennis & Wiggo.

With the incredible benefit of hindsight, some of these look rather bizarre.

Dai Greene......!

I fancy that netto, as (Ruud Gullit might say back in the day), we will be doing our dough.

ALL our SPOTY investments are included in the November Tab on the Spready.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aia1Hxq-NDNWdFk3UmlTSXMzTjRBTVNfOWRndVFsZHc#gid=14
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 01:14:50 PM by tikay » Logged

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #21523 on: November 26, 2012, 01:16:27 PM »

FML.

Timing is a thing of beauty. Bad timing, not so much.......

Never mind, it is done now.

I'm blaming hector, for reminding me.

Sorry bout the timing Tikay. Had just been on a stroll to local independent who sometimes offer me the 1-3 in 7 horse races, but refused on this occasion. Timing terrible, but still fancied and one of main dangers out the way, so GL us.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #21524 on: November 26, 2012, 01:17:26 PM »

I can beat Dai Greene. I backed David Beckham before the GB squad was announced (envisaging him playing in the football, being involved in the ceremony and possibly coming back to England after the MLS)

Pages: 1 ... 1431 1432 1433 1434 [1435] 1436 1437 1438 1439 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: