blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:33:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 2418 2419 2420 2421 [2422] 2423 2424 2425 2426 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13409728 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36315 on: April 03, 2013, 04:34:31 PM »

thank you

TfT has a sparse GN portfolio, when I went looking for clues a bit earlier

Seabass at 20-1. Looks a great price compared to the current
What a Friend at 50-1

Pre-Channing (lol) what else should one be having a look at for an interest on Saturday please?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #36316 on: April 03, 2013, 04:43:43 PM »

no idea tbh not my kind of race

always been a big fan of ic though just hope he comes back safe
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #36317 on: April 03, 2013, 04:57:28 PM »

There are three kinds of people in (horse racing) punting:

1. Those who have no idea what they are doing
2. Those who really know what they are doing
3. Those who think they know what they are doing.

Group 3 is the big loser, constantly telling himself he's got a clue, in spite of the evidence to the contrary. I'm probably there more often than I'd admit. QED.

Nevertheless...

The National I have as a race where you need horses you can have some confidence are going to get round the course before you worry about picking the winner. You can basically chop half the field out straight away.

So, you want horses who can jump well and who are capable of going 4 miles without wheezing like Jade Goody round the London Marathon course. Neptune Collonges is a classic example. Just jumps forever. Not ever going to set the world alight with pace but completely reliable.

Maybe it's less of a decent yardstick these days with lower fences and therefore a faster course (suggesting to me why there are more fatalities these days...in before sample size)?

Served me OK anyway. Must be a low weight outsider who can plod over fences.

I'm trying not to say "I got me a system", nor "It's a bloody lottery" as even I'm not that much of a tool.

That said, I suspect I know which group I'm in...

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #36318 on: April 03, 2013, 05:00:56 PM »

"Horse racing is just a scam between the upper class and working class to fleece the middle class"
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #36319 on: April 03, 2013, 05:10:03 PM »

Jade Goody comment pretty tasteless. Thought this thread couldn't go much lower..

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #36320 on: April 03, 2013, 05:13:39 PM »

Jade Goody comment pretty tasteless. Thought this thread couldn't go much lower..

That was just because she turned up to do the Marathon having done virtually no training at all - Gordon Ramsey's face was a picture when he heard. Didn't think that was related to the illness. If it was, apologies.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #36321 on: April 03, 2013, 05:24:06 PM »

That was just because she turned up to do the Marathon having done virtually no training at all - Gordon Ramsey's face was a picture when he heard. Didn't think that was related to the illness. If it was, apologies.

Too late. You've gone and done it now. Totally tasteless and out of order.

Disclaimer: I may or not actually give a shit

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #36322 on: April 03, 2013, 05:27:31 PM »

There are three kinds of people in (horse racing) punting:

1. Those who have no idea what they are doing
2. Those who really know what they are doing
3. Those who think they know what they are doing.

Group 3 is the big loser, constantly telling himself he's got a clue, in spite of the evidence to the contrary. I'm probably there more often than I'd admit. QED.

Nevertheless...

The National I have as a race where you need horses you can have some confidence are going to get round the course before you worry about picking the winner. You can basically chop half the field out straight away.

So, you want horses who can jump well and who are capable of going 4 miles without wheezing like Jade Goody round the London Marathon course. Neptune Collonges is a classic example. Just jumps forever. Not ever going to set the world alight with pace but completely reliable.

Maybe it's less of a decent yardstick these days with lower fences and therefore a faster course (suggesting to me why there are more fatalities these days...in before sample size)?

Served me OK anyway. Must be a low weight outsider who can plod over fences.

I'm trying not to say "I got me a system", nor "It's a bloody lottery" as even I'm not that much of a tool.

That said, I suspect I know which group I'm in...

Backing outsiders in horse races sound like the system from hell.  I expect the low weight rule isn't as important as it used to be.  The handicapper has been deliberately compressing the weights for a few years now.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #36323 on: April 03, 2013, 05:29:03 PM »

It wasn't tbf, but no need to go into it. Back to betting & less jokes of the dead if we could.

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #36324 on: April 03, 2013, 05:53:35 PM »

Real Madrid seem very short. 1/5 for Ronaldo to score, I'd love to lay that.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 05:56:35 PM by rfgqqabc » Logged

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
lee h

View Profile
« Reply #36325 on: April 03, 2013, 05:55:54 PM »

The dogs are on sky tonight channel 212. Coventry and rommers. I went through the rommerscard
With a view to playing the hotbox. Made trap 3 a massive favourite. Phoned W Hills (who do the bet) fell off
My chair when they said 7/2. Whipped round the shops and had near my max on.

Suggest a tenner at 7/2 for fred

Get an interest in all the races . Bet is 3 points for winner 2 fir second
1 for third.
Top scoring trap over the 12 races wins.. Simples!

Lee
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #36326 on: April 03, 2013, 06:02:47 PM »

The dogs are on sky tonight channel 212. Coventry and rommers. I went through the rommerscard
With a view to playing the hotbox. Made trap 3 a massive favourite. Phoned W Hills (who do the bet) fell off

1 for third.

Lee

Is there a difference between hotbox and a trap challenge?

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #36327 on: April 03, 2013, 06:20:09 PM »

It wasn't tbf, but no need to go into it. Back to betting & less jokes of the dead if we could.

In which case, I didn't go into "it"!?

Having just checked: Goody signed up for the 2006 London Marathon. She did not finish the course, collapsing after 34 km (21 mi) of the 42.195 kilometres (26.219 mi), and was taken to the Royal London Hospital to recover overnight. Before the race, Goody described her preparations to TV chef, Gordon Ramsay. "I've been eating curry, Chinese and drinking." Afterwards, she explained: "I don't really understand miles. I didn't actually know how far it was going to be. ... I didn’t want to let everyone down." Goody raised over £550 for her chosen charity, the NSPCC. (wiki)

Good stuff and amusing stuff. No bad stuff other than her evidently having poor advisors. She died - tragically - in 2009.

If I can't mention people who've died, even if the point is about something completely unconnected to their death, that was a scandalous aberration on my part.

Just don't say "Sweet FA" at any stage, else I object in the strongest possible terms.

Why can't you be more like Doobs and tell me my punting strategy is outmoded and pants?

lee h

View Profile
« Reply #36328 on: April 03, 2013, 06:25:52 PM »

Yeah trap challenge is the trap with the most winners. Hotbox is 3/2/1 so less random
Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36329 on: April 03, 2013, 06:49:53 PM »

1 for third.

Lee

I know nothing about dog racing... but I know that Lee H definitely does.
Pages: 1 ... 2418 2419 2420 2421 [2422] 2423 2424 2425 2426 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: