blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:01:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 5599 5600 5601 5602 [5603] 5604 5605 5606 5607 ... 9207 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13330611 times)
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #84030 on: July 28, 2014, 09:28:26 PM »

What is even more funny is £27 million for Schneiderlin and £20 million for JRod.

Stupid stupid money. 12 months ago and you could have had the pair for 1/3 of the price. They are not vastly different players today and just not worth that money, not even close, even in today's market.

Admittedly we have no players left... changed my mind about going to Anfield on opening day. 2/5 Liverpool opening day will go off shorter?

I'd be astonished if we paid those prices, although maybe getting there with some form of incentive payments/bonuses. For all our madness at times, we're surely not going to go bonkers two summers in a row?

Can't believe I even typed that.

i think the price will be there or there about

none of the players have gone for much under the price saints have asked for

saints are holding out for good money on every sale

not going to stop now that we have £120 million in from transfers

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #84031 on: July 28, 2014, 09:36:23 PM »

Reasonably reliable spurs blogger says Schneiderlin is done. No details on price.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #84032 on: July 28, 2014, 09:46:44 PM »

Forest Gavin 9/2
Coral Sussex Cup - 29/07/2014
Stake £40.00
Estimated Return:£220.00
Coral
knocked back slightly from £50 in the race they sponsor

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #84033 on: July 28, 2014, 10:56:07 PM »

Just a couple of quick ones.  Hills are top price Toormore (7/4) in the 3.05 at Goodwood and Beacon in the 2.30 at Goodwood (4/5).  That 2.30 looks like it could be a great each way race if you get 8 runners and quarter first 3, but that will need a bit of patience.   No harm in just getting the value from the offer too. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #84034 on: July 28, 2014, 11:08:30 PM »

No reason not to go in again on the Weld Offer tommorow. Two heats which are automatic plays with the offer

http://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing-betting/2014-07-29-galway/18:05/winner

SUGGEST £25 TOGETHER FOREVER when lads price up at around 9am, race looks like being 6/4 the Weld thing and ours and at least 8's bar. There are a few more unknowns from good stables in this tbf but still worth doing.

http://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing-betting/2014-07-29-galway/20:15/winner

SUGGEST £25 RIGHTWAY when lads price up at around 9am, Weld thing looks like being around 4/7. Rightway had two good runs for Oxx who is back in form and this looks a contest lacking depth.

Much stronger on the 8.15 as it looks hard for any of the newcomers to run well. 6.05 still worth doing though.
JoeBeevers

View Profile
« Reply #84035 on: July 28, 2014, 11:12:28 PM »

Commonwealth Games

I can't believe it is so hard to get a decent bet on for events in this.

In tomorrow's 400m womens' freestyle final they bet:

5/4 Carlin
7/4 Boyle
9/2 Barrett
16 bar

Carlin and Boyle both just swam the 800m final and have these heats tomorrow and the final later same day. Usually there would be a better rest between races at other major events. Barrett didn't swim the 800m but has been showing good form.

Shame there is no ew but the 9/2 is def too big. Recommend £20 - £50 (depending on who is in charge tonight) at 9/2 Billy and Paddy for Australia's Bronte Barrett to win the women's 400m freestyle final.

sonour

View Profile
« Reply #84036 on: July 28, 2014, 11:36:27 PM »

http://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing-betting/galway/18:45/winner

PP money back if 2nd, 3rd

Quick Jack best priced 9/2 along with boyles and sid and matches betfair price in a formed market.

I know fred will only be allowed £1.21 but others may be able to get on!

oioi!

Oioiiii indeed, managed to get on and did a double with horseys tip. Scoop

Top tipping

Thanks Horsey and BorntoBubble
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #84037 on: July 29, 2014, 08:19:21 AM »

Commonwealth Games

I can't believe it is so hard to get a decent bet on for events in this.

In tomorrow's 400m womens' freestyle final they bet:

5/4 Carlin
7/4 Boyle
9/2 Barrett
16 bar

Carlin and Boyle both just swam the 800m final and have these heats tomorrow and the final later same day. Usually there would be a better rest between races at other major events. Barrett didn't swim the 800m but has been showing good form.

Shame there is no ew but the 9/2 is def too big. Recommend £20 - £50 (depending on who is in charge tonight) at 9/2 Billy and Paddy for Australia's Bronte Barrett to win the women's 400m freestyle final.

Morning Joe.

I have no idea what you mean by.....

Recommend £20 - £50 (depending on who is in charge tonight)

I hope you are not suggesting I am a nit. Not guilty.

So, having considered your Recommendation, (thank you), Fred has invested.....£20 @ 9/2, with Wm Hill.

Barrett, Lady Swimming Race, 10.33 this morning, £20 @ 9/2, Wm Hill

BET PLACED

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #84038 on: July 29, 2014, 08:21:01 AM »

Before we sign off for the evening, there is one piece of news to bring you.

England batsman Moeen Ali wore wristbands declaring his support for the population of Gaza while batting and fielding on the second day. Moeen's extra clothing featured the slogans 'Save Gaza' and 'Free Palestine'.

Rule 19F, covering clothing and equipment in the ICC players' code of conduct, states: "Players and team officials shall not be permitted to wear, display or otherwise convey messages through arm bands or other items affixed to clothing or equipment unless approved in advance by the player or team official's Board. Approval shall not be granted for messages which relate to political, religious or racial activities or causes."

A statement from the England and Wales Cricket Board read: "The ECB believe Moeen has done nothing wrong."

One for tighty. Thoughts on this?

The ECB is spineless

The ICC should charge him with a level 1 offence, consistent with the laws shown above

irrespective of his personal views

How uttterly ridiculous.

He has not breached this?

"Approval shall not be granted for messages which relate to political, religious or racial activities or causes."

Oh yes he has......

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #84039 on: July 29, 2014, 08:25:29 AM »

For future reference as to F1 Betting.....

Does anyone know at what time or stage (pre-race, obv) the "Safety Car, Yes/No" Market is closed?

Around an hour before the start yesterday, it rained heavily @ the track, after all the cars had been set up for a dry race.

The real price for a Safety Car "Yes" must have been about 1/100. Anyone know what price it was during the morning?

its available until lights out

and yes, there was a changed circumstance here

safety cars at hungary are very rare (only two in the seven hungarian gp before this), so is bad weather, and no was an odds on favourite

so we missed one, with the change in conditions

We most certainly did, but a good lesson for the future.

I blame myself entirely. Was watching the build up, cars all set up for a dry race, when the heavens opened & the track was awash. Immediately assumed carnage would ensue, & posted so on here. Moments after the first of x-teen SC periods, it suddenly occurred to me we had missed a very obvious trick.

Next time.

The strength of those cars is unbelievable. Some extraordinary crashes, & colossal head-on impacts, & every driver just got out & walked away.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #84040 on: July 29, 2014, 08:35:21 AM »

disobeying the orders of the Team that pays him x milly per year maybe.

it was a ludicrous order, and Lewis was quite right to ignore it. if he had slowed down, he'd have compromised the end of his race, which as we saw was very close. Rosberg never got close enough consistently to get by within DRS anyway

"Niki Lauda backs Lewis Hamilton & says the "stress" of dramatic race led Mercedes pitwall to "panic" with order"

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/report/24181/9397572/niki-lauda-exonerates-lewis-hamilton-and-says-mercedes-panicked-in-issuing-order

I have to disagree, & disagree to the most disagreeable degree.

Yes, it may well have been a ludicrous order. That misses the point completely.

If I employ someone, especially one who charges me X £Milly per year, he will do EXACTLY what is told, or be out of the door tout de suite.

You simply cannot have employees doing what they want.

Imagine the British Army being run like that.

"You don't fancy it? OK, fair enough".  

Sir Alex would not put up with that nonsense, & quite right too.

Do as you are told, or FRO.

The golden boy will be completely unmanageable now, & do exactly as he wishes. Its disgraceful, especially as the whole affair was broadcast to the public via Team Radio.

Disobey orders in public? FRO, I tell you, FRO. Not in my Team you won't. Off with you, you little tosspot.  

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #84041 on: July 29, 2014, 08:37:06 AM »

Apologies, I got a bit ranty there, like a mini Lord G discussing some hapless Clerk of the Course. annoying little man

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #84042 on: July 29, 2014, 08:42:07 AM »

disobeying the orders of the Team that pays him x milly per year maybe.

it was a ludicrous order, and Lewis was quite right to ignore it. if he had slowed down, he'd have compromised the end of his race, which as we saw was very close. Rosberg never got close enough consistently to get by within DRS anyway

"Niki Lauda backs Lewis Hamilton & says the "stress" of dramatic race led Mercedes pitwall to "panic" with order"

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/report/24181/9397572/niki-lauda-exonerates-lewis-hamilton-and-says-mercedes-panicked-in-issuing-order

I have to disagree, & disagree to the most disagreeable degree.

Yes, it may well have been a ludicrous order. That misses the point completely.

If I employ someone, especially one who charges me X £Milly per year, he will do EXACTLY what is told, or be out of the door tout de suite.

You simply cannot have employees doing what they want.

Imagine the British Army being run like that.

"You don't fancy it? OK, fair enough". 

Sir Alex would not put up with that nonsense, & quite right too.

Do as you are told, or FRO.

The golden boy will be completely unmanageable now, & do exactly as he wishes. Its disgraceful, especially as the whole affair was broadcast to the public via Team Radio.

Disobey orders in public? FRO, I tell you, FRO. Not in my Team you won't. Off with you, you little tosspot. 
if it's a ludicrous order a British solider will refuse it, and take it up at court Marshall , ie go burn down that house, or go charge 1000 yards over flat open ground into a nest of machine guns

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #84043 on: July 29, 2014, 08:45:18 AM »

I love the smell of an unnecessarily dramatic analogy in the morning.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #84044 on: July 29, 2014, 08:49:44 AM »

I love the smell of an unnecessarily dramatic analogy in the morning.

Well it was a ridiculous assertion, that employees can do as they like, so yes, I did get a litle over-uppity.

Spoilt little tosser.

He'd not work for me, I promise you that.

I was always wholly fair & tolerant with my staff. "Now lads, be reasonable, see it my way"

Pages: 1 ... 5599 5600 5601 5602 [5603] 5604 5605 5606 5607 ... 9207 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: