blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:41:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 5643 5644 5645 5646 [5647] 5648 5649 5650 5651 ... 9207 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13331463 times)
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #84690 on: August 05, 2014, 03:22:08 PM »

Super filthy each-way bet in the last at Kempton tomo.

Sleep Walk will probably end up better than this class but they're not machines etc, and she's drawn wide on her Polytrack debut.

Dinneratmidnight is lightly raced, on the up, a 6f Poly winner and well drawn.

Eleven runners isn't ideal before arbboy starts being patronising (joke) but it's 4/5, 6/1, 10 Bar.

Flick in a score each-way at 6-1 with Billies or the Barking boys.

Just got even dirtier, 2 non runners 10-1 bar, suggestions?

Give it a miss?  Surely accounts are too valuable to have bets like this on them? 

The selection is one of the NRs

I get that, but it just seems a dangerous race to bet each way on with an online account.  It is ok if you are going to trawl the shops obviously.  Betting 2nd, 3rd and 4th favourite each way and getting 5/2 the place rather than 5/4 is going to be clearly good.  I just wouldn't do it online.   If I just new someone with lots of husbands sure I'd be good to go.

Maybe there are loads of people betting races like this* with online accounts, and getting away with it, but that doesn't match my experience.  All a bit lolsamplesize for me though. 

* I'd say races at smaller meetings with an odds on favourite are the ones you should definitely avoid and isn't the same as backing each way in a big handicap at Ascot with a 2/1 favourite.  I guess both bets could cost you am account, but one seems much more likely than the other.

ok i am tempted to bet on this as i just want to say i have a restricted account tempted to bet on my sky my billy my unfairsp and my lads £5 ew on 4 horses and see if any of my accounts get restricted by seeing as most of my previous bets have been bus driver bets i dont think £5 ew will do it so if anyone wants a chuinky bet let me know

Would be a good test for sure.  I'd be interested to see who would restrict you after a £5 each way.  Kind of sad if they do, but can't say I'd be surprised. 

It's def not worth risking an account for as it's not even that good a race ew after u iron out some ev on the win part of the bet you dont actually get that much gain on the place.  I could think of much better low grade spots to risk losing an account for than this race.

for a busman like me losing an account isnt too much hassle i rarely use any most of my bets are on the betfair exchange as i green out when i am feeling wimpish lol

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #84691 on: August 05, 2014, 03:24:48 PM »

If you want to bust a full limit account i will pm you when i want to back an even money shot ew when the place is 1/10 on bf.  We will have £5k ew at evens then you can ship me the returns and you will be 1.01 to have your account closed if you really want an account closed.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #84692 on: August 05, 2014, 03:37:55 PM »

Racing Post football pullout in today's paper. Must-read imo

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #84693 on: August 05, 2014, 03:40:33 PM »

Racing Post football pullout in today's paper. Must-read imo

Yes good read.  Read it cover to cover on train this morning.  Anything stand out for you chomps in the lower league stuff?  I am starting to really like Rooney ew for the golden boot at 14/1.  He is going to play virtually all epl games this year with no euro football.  The lack of euro football last year for liverpool give them a 1-2 in the golden boot market due to no squad rotation issues.  7/2 he finishes in top 4 looks huge given his previous form over the years and the fact he is physically in his prime now.

I also liked Pullien's idea that backing the front 3 in the EPL outright market at 1/4 is decent value.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 04:07:17 PM by arbboy » Logged
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #84694 on: August 05, 2014, 03:55:22 PM »

If you want to bust a full limit account i will pm you when i want to back an even money shot ew when the place is 1/10 on bf.  We will have £5k ew at evens then you can ship me the returns and you will be 1.01 to have your account closed if you really want an account closed.

i would never be able to get a 5k bet on as i have restrictions on my accounts

i still remember 15-20 years ago when i bet each way on horses less than 4-1 my local independent bookmaker trying to tell me not too

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #84695 on: August 05, 2014, 03:57:56 PM »

If you want to bust a full limit account i will pm you when i want to back an even money shot ew when the place is 1/10 on bf.  We will have £5k ew at evens then you can ship me the returns and you will be 1.01 to have your account closed if you really want an account closed.

i still remember 15-20 years ago when i bet each way on horses less than 4-1 my local independent bookmaker trying to tell me not too

and they wonder why the one man band shops all went skint!!!  I remember going into an independent in 2003 when i was working for canbet in pompey and he said he was getting rid of the 1 FOBT he had in his shop because he couldn't make it pay and it must be bent in the punter's favour!  Glory days!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 04:01:58 PM by arbboy » Logged
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #84696 on: August 05, 2014, 04:06:41 PM »

and they wonder why the one man band shops all went skint!!!

actually they are still growing up here shops all over the place also buying up pubs and hotels they dont have a website that i know of but never seen them refuse a bet, last time i did place a there  , they went online and checked a price at ladbrookes before offering me same price though (we have a ladbrokes and a willhills on the same street)

Jamier-Host

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84697 on: August 05, 2014, 04:07:37 PM »

I am starting to really like Rooney ew for the golden boot at 14/1.  He is going to play virtually all epl games this year with no euro football.  The lack of euro football last year for liverpool give them a 1-2 in the golden boot market due to no squad rotation issues.

Shame RVP took penalty duties though - that's half a dozen chances right there.

Side Project - making games for Amazon Alexa devices

pressthe8.com
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #84698 on: August 05, 2014, 04:11:20 PM »

and they wonder why the one man band shops all went skint!!!

actually they are still growing up here shops all over the place also buying up pubs and hotels they dont have a website that i know of but never seen them refuse a bet, last time i did place a there  , they went online and checked a price at ladbrookes before offering me same price though (we have a ladbrokes and a willhills on the same street)

correction just googled them and they sold off 10 of there 20 shops in some rural areas to ladbrokes 2 years ago

but considering the shops are in some of the most rural areas in scotland its quiet good to see them still up and running

simonnatur

View Profile
« Reply #84699 on: August 05, 2014, 06:07:23 PM »

Next up on wow did I hear that right corner? .... German court drops bribery case against Bernie Ecclestone in return for 60 million pound br... errrrr  fine
Recommend listen again to PM programme BBC R4 about 20 mins in today for lolz

Reluctant to race, came home in own time
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #84700 on: August 05, 2014, 06:12:26 PM »

Next up on wow did I hear that right corner? .... German court drops bribery case against Bernie Ecclestone in return for 60 million pound br... errrrr  fine

Ha!

Yes, 'tis true, & was apparently widely signalled as the likely outcome.

Nothing to see here & all that.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #84701 on: August 05, 2014, 06:40:54 PM »

US PGA Championship 2014

6/1 £14
    £98.00
    Jimmy Walker
    Top 10 Finish

Bet Ref: O/0140260/0000079

5/1 £16
    £96.00
    Marc Leishman
    Top 10 Finish

Bet Ref: O/0140260/0000080

17/2 £10
    £95.00
    Patrick Reed
    Top 10 Finish

Bet Ref: O/0140260/0000081

9/1 £10
    £100.00
    Victor Dubuisson
    Top 10 Finish

Bet Ref: O/0140260/0000082

£50 invested

total invested on USPGA £109

Total invested on Nordic coincidences £0. So far

Click to see full-size image.

Whoever suggested the latter is obviously non-glitterati.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Peter-27

View Profile
« Reply #84702 on: August 05, 2014, 07:04:14 PM »

Ha!

Yes, 'tis true, & was apparently widely signalled as the likely outcome.

Nothing to see here & all that.

ONLY Bernie could get away from a Bribery case by bribing .. this is what makes him a legend Smiley

He did what he usually does and that's why the people who knew him really were not concerned by this situation - the system works  Tongue

JaffaCake

View Profile
« Reply #84703 on: August 05, 2014, 07:17:41 PM »

I'm interested in Papis Cisse to be top Newcastle scorer next season. He's due back from injury September at the latest, have been some stories that he'll be fit for the start of the season, tho he's not been seen in preseason so imagine that won't happen. He'll miss a few games.

Looking at the summer signings, Newcastle have signed a lot of support striker types, without any out and out goalscorer. Cisse was poor last season, never got a long run in the side and was a sub for a lot of it. He does score goals in clutches tho, and as his season showed before that, he's quality on his day.

I'd expect the top scorer to only get around 12 next season. What price would u make Cisse without looking?

(Newcastle's top two scorers from last year, Cabaye and Remy, have gone. Riviere got 14 in 44 for Monaco last season, got 9 in 44 and 17 in 73 for his previous clubs. De Jong got 57 in 168 for Ajax,  9 in 28 last year. Ayoze got 17 in 50 for Tenerife, he's one for the future. Ferreyra has never been a first choice, got  in 13 for Shakhtar, could be thrown in but hopefully not relying on him. Remy Cabella got 14 in 37 from midfield for Montpellier.)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #84704 on: August 05, 2014, 07:28:11 PM »

I'm interested in Papis Cisse to be top Newcastle scorer next season. He's due back from injury September at the latest, have been some stories that he'll be fit for the start of the season, tho he's not been seen in preseason so imagine that won't happen. He'll miss a few games.

Looking at the summer signings, Newcastle have signed a lot of support striker types, without any out and out goalscorer. Cisse was poor last season, never got a long run in the side and was a sub for a lot of it. He does score goals in clutches tho, and as his season showed before that, he's quality on his day.

I'd expect the top scorer to only get around 12 next season. What price would u make Cisse without looking?

(Newcastle's top two scorers from last year, Cabaye and Remy, have gone. Riviere got 14 in 44 for Monaco last season, got 9 in 44 and 17 in 73 for his previous clubs. De Jong got 57 in 168 for Ajax,  9 in 28 last year. Ayoze got 17 in 50 for Tenerife, he's one for the future. Ferreyra has never been a first choice, got  in 13 for Shakhtar, could be thrown in but hopefully not relying on him. Remy Cabella got 14 in 37 from midfield for Montpellier.)

10/1?
Pages: 1 ... 5643 5644 5645 5646 [5647] 5648 5649 5650 5651 ... 9207 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: