blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:25:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 5646 5647 5648 5649 [5650] 5651 5652 5653 5654 ... 9207 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13333648 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #84735 on: August 06, 2014, 12:54:01 PM »

Championship top scorer.

I really like Norwich's Gary Hooper to be there or thereabouts come the end of the season.

He had a poor season in the Premiership due mainly to the management prefering Wolfswinkle  up front

Having missed the start of the season he started six games,scoring twice .He was then benched ,returning for the game vs WBA.

A run of 12 starts (  3   goals) then followed before a return to the bench.

He then only started 4 of the next 11 games ( 1 goal).

So 22 starts and 6 goals in a low scoring ,struggling team (28 goals scored all season).

Perhaps he is not quite Premiership quality but he is a proven goalscorer and i am sure that he will score regularly with a drop down the league.  (82 goals in 138 apps Celtic , 20 in 39 for Scunthorpe when in the Championship)

At 20/1  (1/4 odds 4 places) i think this could be a good addition to the football portfolio.   http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/championship/top-goalscorer

Recommend  £15  EW

Ooh, a rare recommend from the sleepy outpost of East Anglia.......

Thanks Boo. Tighty is AWOL today, so let's do that before he comes back & poo-poohs it. Looks well-reasoned to me. Never even knew they played football in those parts. 

We've had £15 EW @ 20/1, Gary Hooper, with Shouty Red Bloke.

Gary Hooper
Championship 2014/15

Singles - Top Championship Goalscorer - Each Way

2 lines @ £15.00 per line
Total Stake £30.00

Potential Return £405.00

Receipt No: O/142640973/0000658

BET PLACED

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #84736 on: August 06, 2014, 02:33:58 PM »

I'm fairly sure Hooper was one of Tighty's picks and Fred is already on :-)
Peter-27

View Profile
« Reply #84737 on: August 06, 2014, 03:12:07 PM »

I've also decided that if I ever commit arson and get caught, I am gonig to burn down the court to get off.

It amused me somewhat that, in typical Bernie style, when it was suggested he pay €100 million (euros), he insta replied "make it dollars & you've got yourself a deal".

God bless Bernie.

He has 7 days to pay, in cash, too. That's some lump of cash to have readily to hand.   

Every time i see this guy i just think 'dodgepot' 'corrupt'.  He just looks a wrong 'un.

Not wrong, though I actually admire him muchly. He is known for being a bit wide, & there are several excellent books about his life, all well worth a read. This one is rather good.

It may not surprise you to know that he started out life us a used motorbike salesman with a chap named Fred Compton.

It was Fred's business, Bernie came along, got a job there, soon revved the place up, then edged Fred out. It was to be a recurring pattern for the rest of his life. 

Click to see full-size image.

He claimed owernrship of F1, & basically conned everyone into believing him, he just, literally, took possession of it, & then exploited it, in every sense. Not sure a single soul except Bernie could have grown F1 into the monster it is today.

Bent as a nine bob note, but you know how it is, if you see a weasel sleeping, piss in it's ear. 

Could not agree more with this.

Bernie is an absolute legend of Formula One, despite his underhand methods - and, at heart, he is a lovely person. His job necessitates that he uses all the tricks and mind games he does, and no-body could do it better. I am near certain that when Bernie steps down from F1, within five years the sport will cease to exist, or at least cease to exist in the form we know it.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #84738 on: August 06, 2014, 03:19:46 PM »

I'm fairly sure Hooper was one of Tighty's picks and Fred is already on :-)

Oh my, that's what happens when the lunatic is left in charge of the asylum.

Never mind, the only damage - if any - is to Fred, nobody else, so not a disaster.

Be pretty neat if the bet got home, too.

Me, always happy to flick it in.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #84739 on: August 06, 2014, 04:00:17 PM »

I'm with arbboy on the Rooney top PL scorer bet. Think 14-1 each-way, quarter four places is a cracker.

Fancy we can flick in a chunk on this one.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
JaffaCake

View Profile
« Reply #84740 on: August 06, 2014, 04:19:15 PM »

I'm with arbboy on the Rooney top PL scorer bet. Think 14-1 each-way, quarter four places is a cracker.

How big does your bet have to be before 12/1 with £2 free bets every goal becomes better or as good? Can't get my brain to work it out
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #84741 on: August 06, 2014, 04:30:32 PM »

How big does your bet have to be before 12/1 with £2 free bets every goal becomes better or as good? Can't get my brain to work it out

The bigger your bet the less attractive the paddy offer is.  You want to be on at paddy for the minimum bet allowed for the offer.  If i could get on with paddy i would be literally backing the front 8 or 10 in the market ew for the minimum bet and you should be receiving literally £8 or £10 free bet every week for 9 months.  Not far off £400 in free bets over a year for an overlay less than £400 itself.  It's a stonking offer imo.  Don't think paddy have really thought it through properly like most of these offers they are done by marketing bod's with no thought to the ev of the offer and/or how easily it can be abused.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #84742 on: August 06, 2014, 05:18:37 PM »

The bigger your bet the less attractive the paddy offer is.  You want to be on at paddy for the minimum bet allowed for the offer.  If i could get on with paddy i would be literally backing the front 8 or 10 in the market ew for the minimum bet and you should be receiving literally £8 or £10 free bet every week for 9 months.  Not far off £400 in free bets over a year for an overlay less than £400 itself.  It's a stonking offer imo.  Don't think paddy have really thought it through properly like most of these offers they are done by marketing bod's with no thought to the ev of the offer and/or how easily it can be abused.

you think they are aiming it at footy fans rather than punters, most pro punters like you will find it hard getting bets on with them, and anyone taking the piss will find there accounts restricted
with the non pro punter they will be throwing away EV because they will be putting the free bets on even money and 2-1 shots etc etc like i used to before this thread

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #84743 on: August 06, 2014, 05:22:17 PM »

you think they are aiming it at footy fans rather than punters, most pro punters like you will find it hard getting bets on with them, and anyone taking the piss will find there accounts restricted
with the non pro punter they will be throwing away EV because they will be putting the free bets on even money and 2-1 shots etc etc like i used to before this thread

Yes that's very true ironside.  The other side of the offer is it forces you to log into your paddy power account each and every week one of your players scores so it's great for retention.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #84744 on: August 06, 2014, 05:31:41 PM »

On my way.........

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #84745 on: August 06, 2014, 05:34:55 PM »

Amazing stat in the RP pullout but no player has ever been top scorer in their first season in the EPL.  Given the quality of strikers that have played in this league over 20 years that's an incredible stat and shows how important EPL experience is for this market.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #84746 on: August 06, 2014, 05:35:34 PM »

If someone tells me we are already on this, there's gonna be murders......

We've gone overboard on Rooney.

Who owns this bet?

£25 EW @ 14/1, (qtr 1,2,3,4), BMU, Wayneo, Top Prem GS.

Top Goalscorer - 2014/15

Wayne Rooney (EW)

(Outright - Outright)

Odds: 14/1

Stake: 50.00

Possible Return:  487.50

BET PLACED

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #84747 on: August 06, 2014, 05:44:58 PM »

Yes that's very true ironside.  The other side of the offer is it forces you to log into your paddy power account each and every week one of your players scores so it's great for retention.

you have to make a bet each week upto the value of the free bet aswell

so if you have £10 worth of free bets you have to bet £10 during the week to get that freebet

but you dont know how much of a freebet your going to get till after you have made your bet either

so you could log on place a £10 bet on the wednesday and no one score at the weekend

or forget to make the bet during the week you get 5 goals at weekend and you dont get a free bet
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 05:46:45 PM by Ironside » Logged

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #84748 on: August 06, 2014, 05:48:40 PM »

ok iron didn't realise that.  That's not a problem it still makes it a decent offer but easy to see how paddy will claw the cash back from 99% of mugs over the year.  Good offer all round.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #84749 on: August 06, 2014, 05:53:18 PM »

At least double that opening tiddlamount on Roooooney please...

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Pages: 1 ... 5646 5647 5648 5649 [5650] 5651 5652 5653 5654 ... 9207 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: