blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:05:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272601 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 5707 5708 5709 5710 [5711] 5712 5713 5714 5715 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13437604 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #85650 on: August 22, 2014, 11:53:18 AM »

back for Monday

Man City face Liverpool in the Premier League on Monday 25th August - and we've got a fantastic In-Play bet offer to add to the excitement.

Place a pre-match bet on the Man City v Liverpool game and we'll give you a risk free In-Play bet to the same stake on the big match.

To qualify for your risk free In-Play bet, simply place a bet before kick-off, then once the game starts place another bet on any In-Play market. If your FIRST In-Play bet loses we will refund this stake, up to the same value as your largest pre-match bet (max £50).

As always, there’ll be plenty to choose from with over 70 In-Play markets available throughout the game including Next Goal, Match Goals, Total Corners, Half-Time Result, Full-Time Result and much more.

With an extensive range of pre-match and In-Play markets and a fantastic In-Play bet offer, bet365 is the number one place for all your Soccer betting.

Enjoy the action!
The bet365 Team

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #85651 on: August 22, 2014, 12:21:59 PM »

The Lloyd Dyer goal minute rick was briefly open again this morning, but has been jumped on (not by me) and the price reverted to correct level.

Gabriele Angella (Wat) Goal Minutes0Sell 6 - 9 Buynone
InfoIkechi Anya (Wat) Goal Minutes0Sell 4 - 7 Buynone
InfoCristian Battocchio (Wat) Goal Minutes0Sell 2 - 4 Buynone
InfoJuan Carlos Paredes (Wat) Goal Minutes0Sell 2 - 4 Buynone
InfoLloyd Dyer (Wat) Goal Minutes0Sell 6 - 9 Buynone
InfoSean Murray (Wat) Goal Minutes0Sell 2 - 4 Buynone
InfoDaniel Tozser (Wat) Goal Minutes0Sell 1 - 3 Buynone
InfoGabrial Tamas (Wat) Goal Minutes0Sell 1 - 3 Buynone
InfoJoel Ekstrand (Wat) Goal Minutes0Sell 1 - 3 Buynone
InfoKeith Andrews (Wat) Goal Minutes0Sell 1 - 3 Buynone
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #85652 on: August 22, 2014, 12:30:50 PM »

Tikay thought you would like this

From Ryan Moores betfair preview (always a good read)

"14:30 York - Estimate

First things first, I don't think that she was suited by Goodwood last time, going downhill there on fast ground was not ideal. But I suspected that there was more to it than that at the time. I wasn't happy with her going down as she was nervous and nearly buried me at the start, which she has never done before. So we got her checked out, and we found out that she was in season, something that isn't always apparent unless you test for it. And that would explain a lot in the race itself as we were pestered throughout by Brown Panther, as the colt must have smelt a bit of love in the air."

Very good.

Back in the day, I was a regular at all the London dog tracks, 6 nights (+ two afternoons, + Saturday morning @ Hackney), & this was one of the little things we looked for, as many dogs would not go past a bitch once they caught that scent. Studying "Last Season Dates" was quite a preoccupation.

I'd like to say my cunning plan worked......     

Oooh Saturday mornings at Hackney....now you are getting me nostalgic.  When I was a student in London in the early/mid 90's I used to get up at 930am whilst all of the other students were sleeping off their hangovers and head to the Wick.    My hero was a fella by the name of John Jenkins with a blonde ponytail who bet as "John Power" there.  I once saw him lay 1100 quid on a 10/11 shot and he swiftly rubbed the price out........and went evens.  After a couple of weeks of going to almost every meeting there one day he didn't hand me a ticket when I had a bet and simply said "down to the youngster" and I felt like I had made it.  Amazing contrast to the bookies of today.  I wonder what happened to them.....it feels like the ring needs more characters to liven the game up.  I tried to persuade Arbboy to try for pitches at a few midlands dog tracks last night but I am not sure the tracks can afford the cost of the ring inspectors that would be necessary to deal with the rucks!!!!

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #85653 on: August 22, 2014, 12:45:04 PM »

Tikay thought you would like this

From Ryan Moores betfair preview (always a good read)

"14:30 York - Estimate

First things first, I don't think that she was suited by Goodwood last time, going downhill there on fast ground was not ideal. But I suspected that there was more to it than that at the time. I wasn't happy with her going down as she was nervous and nearly buried me at the start, which she has never done before. So we got her checked out, and we found out that she was in season, something that isn't always apparent unless you test for it. And that would explain a lot in the race itself as we were pestered throughout by Brown Panther, as the colt must have smelt a bit of love in the air."

Very good.

Back in the day, I was a regular at all the London dog tracks, 6 nights (+ two afternoons, + Saturday morning @ Hackney), & this was one of the little things we looked for, as many dogs would not go past a bitch once they caught that scent. Studying "Last Season Dates" was quite a preoccupation.

I'd like to say my cunning plan worked......    

Oooh Saturday mornings at Hackney....now you are getting me nostalgic.  When I was a student in London in the early/mid 90's I used to get up at 930am whilst all of the other students were sleeping off their hangovers and head to the Wick.    My hero was a fella by the name of John Jenkins with a blonde ponytail who bet as "John Power" there.  I once saw him lay 1100 quid on a 10/11 shot and he swiftly rubbed the price out........and went evens.  After a couple of weeks of going to almost every meeting there one day he didn't hand me a ticket when I had a bet and simply said "down to the youngster" and I felt like I had made it.  Amazing contrast to the bookies of today.  I wonder what happened to them.....it feels like the ring needs more characters to liven the game up.  I tried to persuade Arbboy to try for pitches at a few midlands dog tracks last night but I am not sure the tracks can afford the cost of the ring inspectors that would be necessary to deal with the rucks!!!!

I remember the very same thing happening to me for the first time when I was rocking up to Milton Keynes dogs most weeks in the same era and big gal Wiltshire did the same thing to me '60/40 trap 6 down to cap' with reference to the baseball cap I had on. It definitely made you feel special and a part of the scene.  Looking at the miserable three layers at monmore last night on their big night of the year it makes you wonder why they can't make it more fun and enjoyable for the crowds when they are always moaning about the game dying.  Betting to 145% on massive open races doesn't help their cause either. One of the big finals last night the sp returns were 4/9 and 2/1 just the front two alone!!!!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 12:47:59 PM by arbboy » Logged
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #85654 on: August 22, 2014, 02:01:41 PM »

I think we need to be quick, but think we should have £25 e/w on High Jinx in the 2.30 at York at 11/1 with Koral.  Even 10/1 must be good. 

It hasn't run much this season, but had kept away from most of these.  It is 6, do shouldn't be improving so may find one or two too good.   I backed it on the machine last night as I thought this was a crisp each way race, but Korals are offering quarter first 3 which is very good.  Place terms are now exceptional here.

Guess well only get a tenner each way but try for 25.

High Jinx is a non runner, so money back.  Woohoo returns.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #85655 on: August 22, 2014, 03:02:38 PM »

I think we need to be quick, but think we should have £25 e/w on High Jinx in the 2.30 at York at 11/1 with Koral.  Even 10/1 must be good. 

It hasn't run much this season, but had kept away from most of these.  It is 6, do shouldn't be improving so may find one or two too good.   I backed it on the machine last night as I thought this was a crisp each way race, but Korals are offering quarter first 3 which is very good.  Place terms are now exceptional here.

Feels like a win. We'll take that at the moment. Variance is not reserved for poker.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #85656 on: August 22, 2014, 03:08:19 PM »

The Channel 4 racing coverage really seems very much better than it was with the previous regime of John McCririck & Co. I did rather enjoy Francombe, but we can't have everything, and apart from when they dumb it down with that Gok Wan sort of nonsense, it really is very good, imo. Racing fans, of course, are not an easy bunch to please.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #85657 on: August 22, 2014, 03:10:10 PM »

The Channel 4 racing coverage really seems very much better than it was the previous regime of John McCririck & Co. I did rather enjoy Francombe, but we can't have everything, and apart from when they dumb it down with that a Gok Wan sort of nonsense, it really is very good, imo. Racing fans, of course, are not an easy bunch to please.

I quite enjoy it, too. That said, Mick Fitzgerald is an annoying little leprechaun!

Racing fans aren't that dissimilar to poker players really Wink

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #85658 on: August 22, 2014, 03:14:45 PM »

The Channel 4 racing coverage really seems very much better than it was the previous regime of John McCririck & Co. I did rather enjoy Francombe, but we can't have everything, and apart from when they dumb it down with that a Gok Wan sort of nonsense, it really is very good, imo. Racing fans, of course, are not an easy bunch to please.

I quite enjoy it, too. That said, Mick Fitzgerald is an annoying little leprechaun!

Ratings have fallen quite dramatically (which might be an issue with racing, not just the ch4 team), but in general (i miss francome too) think its far more watchable than it was

they dumb it down with gok etc for two reasons

a) audience is very male, and they would like it more balanced
b) they've lost a lot of non-racing viewers compared to the previous programme

b) is felt its because the depth of expertise in mcgrath, cunningham etc - time splits, breeding etc- turns off the casual viewer

My eyes are open wide
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #85659 on: August 22, 2014, 03:15:27 PM »

You are certainly right to the similarity.

It's all subjective, but I enjoy Mick's stuff. I got to know him quite well via work last year, we chatted a lot, and have kept in touch, so I am a bit one-eyed I suppose, but I found him a very amiable individual. Gave me a horse to follow, too, and Phil & I invested a few bob. We are still following it, and the horse is still following, too....

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #85660 on: August 22, 2014, 03:19:44 PM »

Ratings have fallen quite dramatically (which might be an issue with racing, not just the ch4 team), but in general (i miss francome too) think its far more watchable than it was

b) is felt its because the depth of expertise in mcgrath, cunningham etc - time splits, breeding etc- turns off the casual viewer

Yes, agreed, they need to appeal to a wider audience, hence the Gok Wan stuff. I don't enjoy it, but if that is the price we have to pay, it's not so bad.

And yes, it is a little bit Level 3 for recreational punters at times, and that must put some off.

We'd miss it if it was lost to Ch 4, for sure, so best not complain too much.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #85661 on: August 22, 2014, 03:20:20 PM »

Feels like a win. We'll take that at the moment. Variance is not reserved for poker.

1 from 2.  Not bad not bad

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #85662 on: August 22, 2014, 03:26:15 PM »

Yes, agreed, they need to appeal to a wider audience, hence the Gok Wan stuff. I don't enjoy it, but if that is the price we have to pay, it's not so bad.

And yes, it is a little bit Level 3 for recreational punters at times, and that must put some off.

We'd miss it if it was lost to Ch 4, for sure, so best not complain too much.

in general i think they do well

compared to what the bbc did so half heartedly or worse, it is worlds above that

My eyes are open wide
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #85663 on: August 22, 2014, 03:26:46 PM »

You are certainly right to the similarity.

It's all subjective, but I enjoy Mick's stuff. I got to know him quite well via work last year, we chatted a lot, and have kept in touch, so I am a bit one-eyed I suppose, but I found him a very amiable individual. Gave me a horse to follow, too, and Phil & I invested a few bob. We are still following it, and the horse is still following, too....

I'm sure he's a very nice bloke, and good fun to have on the golf course, or in the pub.

I'm no fountain of knowledge regarding horses, but he does seem to chat a fair bit of jibberish.

Can't be all that bad if he's getting paid for it, or the people paying him aren't that bothered Smiley

Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #85664 on: August 22, 2014, 03:36:39 PM »

I think he's far shrewder than he lets on.  I think there are a few who get a monkey a day just to talk pish and because they have contacts in the game they get good interviews.  But pretty sure Fitz isn't backing what he suggests on the telly.  If he is, he should give it up.  But then if your picking up a monkeya day would you? 

Pages: 1 ... 5707 5708 5709 5710 [5711] 5712 5713 5714 5715 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: