blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 06:23:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272772 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 6359 6360 6361 6362 [6363] 6364 6365 6366 6367 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13546869 times)
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #95430 on: February 25, 2015, 02:32:47 PM »

Phil  , I've known you for years and know you're a rational and pragmatic person so I can only assume for you to post in that manner it must be what you consider to be a legitimate grievance

However , its such a shame that a thread that started out as a" bit of fun" with the idea to "  band together and kick the bookies backsides " constantly turns into  juvenile squabbles

I effectively stopped posting here because of this reason , In a nutshell I couldn't be bothered as we all know in the punting/poker business negative energy can effect ones state of mind.

Tikay & Tighty put in a lot of work in here do updates ,placing bets etc. and are forever trying to keep the peace so it would be a shame for them or the thread to cease .

Healthy Debate & Differences of Opinion are essential but for the longevity of the thread lets keep it cool and treat each other in a respectful & adult manner

Thanks Fraser, good to see you back bud. I'm really trying hard not to open a huge can of worms by going even into things deeper because even if I don't agree with how things have progressed it doesn't mean I now dislike the people involved.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Jamier-Host

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95431 on: February 25, 2015, 02:56:34 PM »

Does anyone happen to know what price the Man City v Barcelona correct score was before kick off last night? Agreed to stick a fiver on it for my Dad then obv forgot! So much for the bookie always winning Wink

Side Project - making games for Amazon Alexa devices

pressthe8.com
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #95432 on: February 25, 2015, 03:16:17 PM »

Does anyone happen to know what price the Man City v Barcelona correct score was before kick off last night? Agreed to stick a fiver on it for my Dad then obv forgot! So much for the bookie always winning Wink

15/2 8/1 17/2
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #95433 on: February 25, 2015, 03:25:03 PM »

Woooooooooooooosaaaaaaah...

Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #95434 on: February 25, 2015, 03:33:28 PM »

100s mate.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #95435 on: February 25, 2015, 03:39:07 PM »

100s mate.

Grin

Jamier-Host

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95436 on: February 25, 2015, 03:41:17 PM »

15/2 8/1 17/2

Cheers! Will pay him out at 8's. Lazy bettors don't get best price Smiley

Side Project - making games for Amazon Alexa devices

pressthe8.com
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #95437 on: February 25, 2015, 03:52:44 PM »

15/2 8/1 17/2

Probably 20/1 on the exchange Wink
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #95438 on: February 25, 2015, 04:01:37 PM »

15/2 8/1 17/2

You not giving him the benefit of the free bet in running with b365?  Would obviously have doubled down!

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
JoeBeevers

View Profile
« Reply #95439 on: February 25, 2015, 04:35:52 PM »

One thing leads to another, once we start debating Fred issues it just absorbs more time than I have available, but I need to make a point here.

At least 4 of those who no longer Post have connections to BE. (I should have mentioned Joe Beevers earlier, who has helped blonde more any almost anyone I know, knew I'd forgot a few!).

Broadly speaking, the BE boys got quite a bit of flak for various reasons, & so they don't post here any more. In their spot, neither would I, the serial sniping was not necessary or nice.

For the record, I greatly admire all the Team at BE for what they are trying to do with BE, they are trying to earn a living, & working very hard at it, so good luck to them.

When a Fred regular becomes part of BE, perhaps partly based on Fred contributions, well personally, I'm proud & pleased for them, why would anyone not be?

blonde benefits from a BE Affiliate deal, we have never made any secret of that. There is not a Forum on earth that does not have affiliate deals in place, it is not in any way improper.

Its a fine & immensely difficult line to tread, though, running what amounts to a subscription based tipping service, & at the same time, giving freebies to Fred.

Amazing how complex things become, eh?

Just to recap Tony.

Is there any reason you continue to fight the BE cause yet seem ambivalent to the fact your own thread/forum, which has clearly been targeted by some people to feather their own interests is dying out?

Some of the guys you are referring to have targeted your forum for their benefit, taken contributors off your forum and actively spammed this thread with affiliate deals where they benefit if your clients/posters/friends lose money with certain bookmakers if they have signed up thru the affiliate links. Was that how you saw this working when it had many contributors and many pages being filled each day in the previous years?

I doubt it very much.

The guy running the thread is also not allowed to put up bets on the thread he is running because he also works for BE. You don't mention that as being a quite ridiculous state of affairs in the smoke blowing.

The regular guys that have left have probably just seen the light tbh. So we now have a punting thread that was vibrant and fun where a big % of the posters don't put bets up and don't post elsewhere anymore.

Can you tell me if any of those points are untrue or do they fall under your unfair flak description?

Hi Phil,

Your various comments on various Blonde threads are so misplaced it really has me wondering...and your attacks, on Tighty in-particular, are just mind boggling.

Your post above is just wrong on so many levels, including factually, and it is posts like this that are much more damaging to Fred that anyone setting up a business like BE could ever be. I have posted my thoughts on this before and did not intend to repeat myself, although it would appear that you either didn't read them or chose to ignore what we were saying.

I am offended by the tone of your posts and the way that you try to twist things.

Let's just for one example look at this:

“The guy running the thread is also not allowed to put up bets on the thread “

Why refer to Rich as 'the guy running the thread'? Is that meant to sound derisory or something? Why not use his name? Where do you get these ideas from? Who has 'not allowed' him to post tips?

Then when Rich 'the guy running the thread' answers you totally fairly, pointing out his many contributions, you posted...

“...What NFL bets did you put up on BE this year and how many made it as tips by you on here? …”

Are you for real? Why do you see BE and TfT as mutually exclusive, that is just not the way it is. You say that he is 'not allowed to put up bets...' that is just a lie and twisted...disingenuous at best.

Rich and Tikay (also targeted by you) do more for this thread than anyone.

I have to ask...

Do you think that anyone posting on TfT shouldn't be allowed to post anywhere else or do any work anywhere else?

I'm a bit confused...

Do you think that Neil and I should never have started our business up?

Or do you think we should be allowed that privilege but we should never post here again?

I know when Neil posted similar questions people wanted us to continue posting.

Or do you just think that no one should set up a business?

We have not taken any contributors off this forum and we never targeted Blonde in the way you suggest in your diatribe. Whatever negative and nasty picture you have in your head is just wrong. Do you actually read what goes in here? I guess you just see what you want to see and make the rest up.

Yes we have bookmaker affiliate deals, how exactly do you think they might work? You try to make it sound like we are doing something wrong, and we aren't. I'll answer your posts in the dedicated BE thread separately in more detail regarding this. Maybe you never worked for a bookmaker or a poker site...

After launching BE Neil was posting just as much as before and following the sale of THM I was now posting more, giving advice and posting the odd bet. Your 90% don't get paid 10% get paid analogy is just wrong and inaccurate. I don't think you realise how much work we do at BE. Or do you think that our writers should work for hundreds of hours for no reward and post all our lengthy write ups and analysis on TfT? We were continuing to post just as much free content here following the launch of BE. It's not an either / or situation.

It is posts such as yours that are EXACTLY the reason some people, including Neil and I, have stopped posting here and nothing to do with BE at all. Can you blame us?

You have succeeded in getting Neil, myself and others to stop posting here. Carry on attacking Tikay and Tighty and you might get rid of everyone. Well done, happy now?

Joe,

I don't have time to reply properly right now and I might choose to reply to you via PM but the sense of entitlement in your reply is the only breathtaking thing I can see. For example why would the amount of work BE takes to run have any relevance to how this thread has died a death?

The people that aren't posting I refer to are genuine regular guys that choose not to post anymore and speaking to some of them it is because they have the same feelings as I do. This became a place targeted by BE for their benefit and in turn went from a community forum to a section of closed sub groups on the back of that.

I'm not sure why understanding affiliates would make me less likely to find it distasteful either. Maybe I have misunderstood what you mean. What made you think targeting regular guys on here for you to benefit from the money they lose was going to endear you to those people or the people that just frequent the thread but don't sign up?

Cheers

Phil,

We have zero interest in communicating by PM. One of the best things about Bettingemporium is how transparent everything is and we have nothing to hide that can't be discussed in public.

Us starting up Bettingemporium is no reason for anyone to stop posting on TFT. Why would they stop posting? They are totally separate. Neil and I were contributing and I believe people liked us posting good bets and helping people. Nothing changed in that regard. Negative nasty posts is a perfect reason for not wanting to come here anymore though.

I'd like to ask you Phil why, if you knew that you were going to be so busy today, did you post in such an inflammatory manner. Did you think that you were going to be so rude to us, to Rich and about BE and then we were simply going to ignore it? It's not the first time that you have come on, stirred things up, and then ignored our replies.

Regarding the affiliate/ conflict of interest thing, it's simple...if people bet all our tips and nothing else they win, simple as that. If that happens we are delighted. Hopefully they realise the value of the work that we do and subscribe more. If they lose because they stake badly, experience short term variance or bet on other things that they come up with we make a profit from affiliate revenue. That is how businesses generally work. We attract customers and sell them things...in this case we encourage them to sign up. We do not encourage them to lose but we are sure that some will. The fact that the account is tagged to us does not make them more likely to lose though so I can't see a conflict. If you are trying to say that we are deliberately tipping losers in order to attract affiliate revenue then it would appear that we are doing a very bad job. Those who just follow our tips are cleaning up.

Arbboy, we would say that some comedy pretend bookmakers like Stan James are likely to quickly close BE accounts without laying many bets. We realise that and we don't really waste time with those firms. That is why we are very busy building relationships with other firms, some of whom are not on Oddschecker, who are prepared to take a chance on some high volume, low margin clients, who are prepared to accept that they may have been over-zealous in the past with restrictions and who would now like some help weeding out those who only play steamers, bad each way and injuries and who may give some fair business.

“the sense of entitlement in your reply is the only breathtaking thing I can see ...”

You are at it again using undertones trying to suggest I have done something wrong when I/we haven't. Our only sense of entitlement is that we are entitled to set up a business and charge for our services. The fact that Neil and I are both long-term Blonde posters and friends of Blonde from the beginning surely doesn't mean we are not entitled to either post any more or run the business the way we choose to. We agreed an affiliate deal with Blonde early on as we were very keen for Blonde to share any revenue that we earned from the members here. Sadly Blonde has only earnt a relatively small amount because revenue from members here is extremely low. You try to make it sound like we built the business 'targeting' Blonde which is just not true. We would still have started Bettingemporium if TFT didn't exist. I'm sorry if that doesn't fit your narrative of us coming here, making three posts, exploiting the members for thousands and leaving.

You simply have got this one wrong.

exstream

View Profile
« Reply #95440 on: February 25, 2015, 04:56:08 PM »

The European super team Arsenal tonight are the same price as what they are vs Everton in a weeks time, both games at home.
Are Monaco that bad? Never watched them but just looking at both prices, seems ridiculous.

Thoughts?
Alverton

View Profile
« Reply #95441 on: February 25, 2015, 05:02:36 PM »

Fwiw, petty squabbles have put me off this thread more than anything else over the years. 
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #95442 on: February 25, 2015, 07:12:29 PM »

Fwiw, petty squabbles have put me off this thread more than anything else over the years. 

I think its entertaining. #teambobby

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #95443 on: February 25, 2015, 08:22:57 PM »

Yes we have bookmaker affiliate deals, how exactly do you think they might work? You try to make it sound like we are doing something wrong, and we aren't. I'll answer your posts in the dedicated BE thread separately in more detail regarding this. Maybe you never worked for a bookmaker or a poker site...

Why don't you answer this here?

Betting exchange and poker affiliate deals give the affiliate a % of rake and it is in the interests of the affiliate have his customers win as they will keep generating rake.  Bookmaking affiliates (in general) make money only when their customers lose.

(Just saying)

I didn't want to repeat myself and the questions were asked in the other thread. I felt the answer fitted better there. As you request, I'll post that here too.

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=60211.765

------------------------------
Quote from: bobby1 on February 24, 2015, 02:38:56 PM
Quote from: TightEnd on February 24, 2015, 01:20:48 PM
the message reads

"If you've had your Sportingbet account restricted in the past we may be able to get you back in action there. Email support@bettingemporium.com"

worth a shot/nothing to lose

Prepare to be given a list of things you can't do, like bet on horses in the morning, bet ew in races they don't like and can only bet to win a pretty small amount.

Of course there is also the option of opening a new account using the affiliate link that BE have with a Sportingbet. Where when you lose they win, so it makes a difference to them if you can get more on. Do people that get re activated with Sporting Bet  by BE get moved on to the BE affiliate deal upon reactivation Rich?

--------------------

Phil,

What's it got to do with you and why do you care?

Yes we have various affiliation deals with bookmakers. Yes our business makes money from those affiliations. Some are based on profits and some on turn over or CPA. There is nothing at all wrong with that - it's all pretty standard. The deal we have affects the punter in no way whatsoever. The only difference or benefit a punter may have through signing up through BE is that we have some offers that are not generally available and often more importantly we have great relations in the industry that can help sometimes.

If our members only bet on our suggested selections they would win. It's that simple and we would be very happy if that was all they did. Betting £10 a point on all bets is showing a profit of over £13,000 (an average bet would be about £150 or 15 points). Do you think that our members should not be entitled to use their accounts how they wish? Should they have other bets that lose we may earn from our affiliation. We are running a business and we make no apology for that. It's one of the ways that we make money running our business. Or do you not think that people should run businesses? We are running a business that employs staff and pays taxes. Do you think we should do all the work we do and all the energy we spend on running it for free or something?

With regards to Sportingbet. They are aware that a number of accounts in the past have been heavily restricted. They also know that we are aware of a lot of these and a lot of BE members are restricted. Yes there may be certain rules that accounts have to follow to get unrestricted such as not always backing horses in the morning or night before that shorten or not line tracking on Oddschecker. If by agreeing to things like that you can get your account unrestricted so you can use it then great. It you don't want to agree to that then that is your loss. We have succeeded in getting a number of accounts unrestricted already and have many happy punters. Some have even thanked us for helping them to understand why accounts get restricted and what bookmakers look for.

Fair play is better than no play.

I'm a bit confused. Do you think that everyone should be able to bet on anything for any amount at any time of the night or day? You seem disappointed that you can't and you seem to be criticising us as a result. Do you think you could have a word with your bosses at Bet365 to get my 0.1% account unrestricted please?

So take your cynicism elsewhere Mr Quayle. I would have thought someone who had been in the industry working for high profile bookmakers would know better. Or are you just having another snipe at BE and our business?

Adz, If your account is restricted as you say then you wouldn't have been able to get the £50 ew without contacting @sportingbetruss on Twitter first. If you would like your account looked at we can get that sorted out for you. We have a good success rate but it's not 100%, some accounts are unsalvageable and we'll explain details if you email us. Please email full name and username to support@bettingemporium.com and we'll see if we can help.

With regards to the Cheltenham Preview night, yes Sportingbet and Sky will be doing special offers and enhanced prices for attendees. Why not come along and meet the people involved? You might just learn something, have some fun, and get a decent bet at the same time.

Evening all.

Interesting day it seems!

Joe. Lets be clear, I didn't try to put £50 ew, it was a tiny £5 ew on Jezki(Neils ew suggestion), 3rd favourite in the Champion Hurdle, and I was restricted to £4 ew. I tried this purely to test the claims of RW and Sportingbet when advertising  BE evening(It wasn't even the best price in the village ffs).

By 7th March I guarantee I will be all researched/preview evening'd out, and the real draw of the evening was potentially getting some innovative markets and some lumps on potential ricks made on the night.

I didn't want to travel from the Cotswolds to London, the weekend before the festival, without testing the claim. It was hollow.

Not sure what else I can say. There are bigger firms happy to take my bets, even as a winning punter, and tbh, SB are rarely top, or near it, on anything I wish to back. Its no loss.(the wife still has an account, but I cant see her wanting to go to a preview evening just to get me a tenner on!! ).

I don't do the twitter thing, so had no idea I should have gone direct to RW, but again, being honest, I don't feel I should be asking a bookmaker to take £5 ew on a horse, in the Champion Hurdle, regardless of the amount I really wanted. They don't seem much of a bookie. As I said, I only wanted to test the claims. I have even posted the link which has BE all over it, so please, don't cop out and call me a hater for daring to raise the issue!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ui57TcZFu4

I also don't see the need to open an affiliate account where if I lose, it feels like I am losing the bet and also putting a percentage(no matter how small) in someone elses pocket. Feels like a double loss to me. I also don't fancy anyone else knowing my betting history, which I somewhat forfeit if an affiliate gets paid on my losers.

Just voicing a simple concern that if promises are being made about, what is one of the most expensive Preview Evenings on the curcuit this year, then it should at least live up to the hype.

I'm sure it will be very entertaining, and I am sure it will go very well for you, but the mantra I have read on BE is that its for serious punters. If you are going to align yourself with a bookie, then you deserve for it to be a serious bookie!

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #95444 on: February 25, 2015, 08:47:39 PM »

'''I'd like to ask you Phil why, if you knew that you were going to be so busy today, did you post in such an inflammatory manner. Did you think that you were going to be so rude to us, to Rich and about BE and then we were simply going to ignore it? It's not the first time that you have come on, stirred things up, and then ignored our replies.'''

I was going to reply to you as I watched the football after Scooby Doo but as you seem to be under the impression that my diary should be dictated by when you want a reply I've changed my mind. Do I just hang around for 24 hours til you reply bud? What a strange thing to say.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Pages: 1 ... 6359 6360 6361 6362 [6363] 6364 6365 6366 6367 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: