blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:43:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272607 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 6782 6783 6784 6785 [6786] 6787 6788 6789 6790 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13438334 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #101775 on: May 25, 2015, 05:12:42 AM »

Was going to say, I watched the first 1/4, and he was terrible. I put it back on when you posted, and they're talking about triple-doubles Cheesy

That three was just different gear!

In the words of Stephen A. 'He's bigtime, he's a bad boy'

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #101776 on: May 25, 2015, 08:57:18 AM »

Looking around Blonde, it looks like argue was big on the sauce yesterday....

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #101777 on: May 25, 2015, 10:34:27 AM »

Daily Report

sponsored by

Profit on Month £760.52

Outstanding Bets £1848.12

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eCEvN9MELsUxB81rHuWrfoX3zwIMPQQ205Lcjm3kbgU/edit#gid=24

A loss of £223 yesterday

Splitting it down into three components

1 long term football, a loss of £129

+£175 Palace top ten. A surprising yet welcome outcome. For most of us. It saved the thread from the £400 forecast ante-post loss

Because we are fans of the Greatest manager of all time

Newcastle with Pardew: 1.37 pts/game Newcastle post-Pardew: 0.68 pts/game Palace pre-Pardew: 0.85 pts/game Palace with Pardew: 1.61 pts/game

+£50 Palace v WBA Season points.

Click to see full-size image.

+£16 QPR bottom for £66 less Burnley bottom for -£50

-£200 Wellbeck top Arsenal goalscorer. good start, didn't kick on

-£100 Rooney golden boot. we didn't expect him to be parked in front of his back four for a good slug of the season

-£20 Aguero >32 league goals. finished with 26 in 33 appearances

-£20 West Ham top half (-£40) less the west ham top half cover (+£20)

-£10 Lamela golden boot. Yes, really

-£10 Jelavic golden boot. No, really

-£10 Balotelli to do anything through the season (and for this bet get sent off, far too much like hard work)

2 Monaco Grand Prix

A loss of £65

two thirds of the way through the race we were set up for a nice result.

Hamilton was leading, button, perez and grosjean were in the points. Then...

Grosjean was hit and fell out of the top ten

Hamilton was pitted, and came out third

...and it all changed

+£22 Perez points, a very fine drive

+£12 Button points, a very steady drive

-£50 Maldonado. his 5th non finish in 6th racdes, surely Pastor is one of the least reliable betting propositions in any sport?

-£20 Hamilton race winner

-£20 Grosjean points

-£10 Bottas podium

3 Yesterday's bets -£29

+£6 Preston/Swindon

+£56 o3.5 goals. At 4-0 with 30 minutes to go it just bneeded one more to land...

-£20 o4.5 goals but sadly not

and

-£30 the draw

-£15 Ahh Van anytime tryscorer. Widnes scored 6 tries, but he was not one of the scorers

-£20 Southampton to win at the Etihad

ongoing positions

NBA

The Cleveland Cavs beat the Atlanta Hawks to go 3-0 in their best of 7 conference series. Lebron was injured, and started poorly but powered the Cavs to the brink of the championship finals. It was described as one of the great lebron performances in his canon.

with the warriors and the cavs both 3-0 up 4 to play, there is a chance of two conference final sweeps which has not happened since the play offs started in 1950

F1 Long term

Rosberg now 10 points behind Hamilton in the fight for the title

Kvyat finished just ahead of Ricciardo. He now has 17 points to his team-mates 35

Vettel 2nd, stretched his points lead over Rcciardo to 98 v 35

More points for Force India. Now 17 for the season we need 77+

first points of the season for McLaren, 4 we need sub 153

no sign of Alonso winning a race this year

cricket

Warwickshire batted on a sporty pitch in Hve and soon skies became leaden. they struggled to 180 all out and then reduced the hosts to 140-5

in div 2 our two bets played Lancs v Derbys. Derbys won the toss, batted and reached 335-9

MLB

After the CWS won 5 of 6 matches on their last road trip they followed it up with a 2-5 homestand against Indians and Twins.

the red sox beat the Angels

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #101778 on: May 25, 2015, 10:46:07 AM »

Great work, Tighty.

And great work everyone for getting such a massive amount of blue in the month where Fred has to swallow such monster losses on the prem.

How have we done overall on the Prem season, by the way?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #101779 on: May 25, 2015, 10:51:05 AM »

Great work, Tighty.

And great work everyone for getting such a massive amount of blue in the month where Fred has to swallow such monster losses on the prem.

How have we done overall on the Prem season, by the way?

the ante-post book was down less than £100 (just totting up bets that settled in the last six weeks)

month by month during the season, would need to go back and check

My eyes are open wide
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #101780 on: May 25, 2015, 11:04:05 AM »

There's a 12/1 the field book on the next Brentford manager. Marinus Dijkhuizen unquoted as yet.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #101781 on: May 25, 2015, 11:45:57 AM »

Most amusing Daily Report Tighty, thank you.

So that's the "season" Football bets mostly done & dusted, including one or two hefty losses, but we are still headed for another chunky blue month. Could not be more pleased. We did get more than a shade lucky with the Palace Top Ten bet, but it all evens out over time, & we've run bad plenty of times.

In NBA, the Cavs in great shape, too. 

Outstanding bets are down to sub £2,000, for the first time in years. I understand that if we are profitable, we should bet as much as we possibly can, but it's designed to be a fun thread where we try & nick a few bob as a bonus along the way, & in that regard, it does extremely well.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #101782 on: May 25, 2015, 11:47:03 AM »

There's a 12/1 the field book on the next Brentford manager. Marinus Dijkhuizen unquoted as yet.

Given that Benham is not a man we can easily second guess, that looks value on the face of it, though I suppose it depends who, & how many, are quoted.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #101783 on: May 25, 2015, 11:53:00 AM »

Given that Benham is not a man we can easily second guess, that looks value on the face of it, though I suppose it depends who, & how many, are quoted.

Some comedy names in the field, though. Given the team is being run on maths this season, it's rather hard to see an old school manager at the wheel.

Dijkhuizen has been linked with the job overnight. It's going to be that sort of appointment. I wouldn't be expecting Paul Ince to appear on the scrolling banner beneath Natalie Sawyer in the next few days. 

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #101784 on: May 25, 2015, 12:03:30 PM »

Some comedy names in the field, though. Given the team is being run on maths this season, it's rather hard to see an old school manager at the wheel.

Dijkhuizen has been linked with the job overnight. It's going to be that sort of appointment. I wouldn't be expecting Paul Ince to appear on the scrolling banner beneath Natalie Sawyer in the next few days. 

If the likes of Paul Ince or Big Sam are appointed, I'll eat my hat.

I'm still a bit perplexed by Big Sam's departure. Not a man that is easy to warm to, no, but I thought he did a reasonable job with a team that are, in truth, mid-table material at best. It would not be a stretch of the imagination to see them as relegation candidates next season, imo. I'd say they have over-achieved under Sam.

I suppose it was a personality clash with the owners?

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #101785 on: May 25, 2015, 12:12:41 PM »

I've read that Dijkhuizen is due to be announced as the manager today.

Wouldn't be looking to back anyone in the current list, esp Darren Ferguson at 16-1. Add a couple of zeros and I'd still pass.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #101786 on: May 25, 2015, 12:19:51 PM »

Daily Report

Because we are fans of the Greatest team of all time

That is how I read it first time off and thought finally someone understands Smiley

Great report there.

Not quite sure if for the last three seasons I have been a shrewd Palace bettor, or it is only because I am a mug and it has coincided with the best three years I remember being a Palace fan. Ha.

I will be back to review the ante post for the start of next season, I'm hoping for similar value to that at the start of this, because Warnock tarnished the record, however it is yet to be seen what a Pulis or a Pardew could do for Palace throughout the WHOLE season and it is easy to ride crests of psychological waves after having dire starts from Holloway and Warnock where our results may be slightly unrepresentative if one manager stayed on through. It must have helped that by Xmas in both years the whole squad had a huge pressure of expectancy relieved from them because relegation was somewhat expected.

Interesting stat here for you though which can be read as Palace have a great squad capable of good things if under the 'right' guidance, or not that:

Record under Pulis/Pardew

Played 26 - 38 points under Pulis
Played 18 - 31 points under Pardew

Total Played 44 - 69 points

If condensed into a premier league season of 38 games - 59.6 points

That has us knocking on Europe's door. Lol.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #101787 on: May 25, 2015, 12:22:48 PM »

If the likes of Paul Ince or Big Sam are appointed, I'll eat my hat.

I'm still a bit perplexed by Big Sam's departure. Not a man that is easy to warm to, no, but I thought he did a reasonable job with a team that are, in truth, mid-table material at best. It would not be a stretch of the imagination to see them as relegation candidates next season, imo. I'd say they have over-achieved under Sam.

I suppose it was a personality clash with the owners?

Sam did exactly what he was asked to do

get them up, establish them in the PL

now of course throughout this the fans wanted to win in a style inconsistent with Sam's approach, so there was always that tension

so Sam typically brings in players that suit his tactics, then leaves and clubs generally struggle when he does leave don't they (in part because those players don't fit the tactics of more progressive managers)? blackburn, bolton and newcastle all went down the season after he went?

the lack of goals since christmas would leave me concerned for next season

My eyes are open wide
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #101788 on: May 25, 2015, 12:34:19 PM »

Agree, tighty. There will be a lot of people interested in what price they are chalked up at for relegation. Whoever comes in (presumably Bilic), the board will need to give him a lot of money to build from scratch, because there's a lot of precedent of managers following Big Sam trying to use the same square pegs in the new round holes.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #101789 on: May 25, 2015, 12:42:20 PM »

Anderson strikes, NZ 0-1.

Pages: 1 ... 6782 6783 6784 6785 [6786] 6787 6788 6789 6790 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: