blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 07:09:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 7079 7080 7081 7082 [7083] 7084 7085 7086 7087 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13422842 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #106230 on: August 29, 2015, 05:05:31 PM »

Has anyone ever had a star sports account? And secondly has anyone ever had one and been closed/restricted? Their markerting today in their rp advert suggested corals are no longer taking high rollers on which was slightly bizarre. Has anyone else seen their ad today? I have never had an account with them as they are phone only and I assume they just bet to huge % as you can never see their prices on their website.  Easy to claim we lay bets to anyone when you just go bottom price everything.  Who wouldn't?

Gala Coral has suspended its High Rollers operation after losing £9.3m on stakes of £356.6m in the year so far'

http://www.galacoral.co.uk/~/media/F...-aug-2015.pdf?

dunno if you've seen this

I hadn't seen it. The link won't open for me on my iPad. Not sure if there is a problem with it.  So they lost 3% to their high rollers in a year and just close down the operation!!!! You have to laugh. The lolbrokes coral marriage is going to be a car crash of all car crashes.

I have been saying the same thing for 15 years and it still stands.  Why do these firms never sack their senior lol traders rather than the punters if they can't beat them?  The lol traders never get the tin tack no matter how badly they perform.  In any other results driven business in the city they would be fired.  Very odd culture in the bookmaking world.

Btw how do you become a high roller at coral without being a total mug? It is hard enough having the ability to get a normal bet on with them online or the phone,  surely their high rollers must be the mugs of all mugs and they wAnt to close that arm down because they lost under 3% to them in 8 months??  You really have to wonder about short term results orientated ceo's in these firms who clearly know nothing about the game.  It is no wonder they are looking to merge with lolbrokes.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 05:12:38 PM by arbboy » Logged
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #106231 on: August 29, 2015, 05:09:43 PM »

I hadn't seen it. The link won't open for me on my iPad. Not sure if there is a problem with it.

It won't open for me on Desktop.

The lolbrokes coral marriage is going to be a car crash of all car crashes.

But think of all the costs they'll save by merging departments like HR        

In other news, Palace winning.
peejaytwo

View Profile
« Reply #106232 on: August 29, 2015, 05:18:02 PM »

I hadn't seen it. The link won't open for me on my iPad. Not sure if there is a problem with it.

It won't open for me on Desktop.

The lolbrokes coral marriage is going to be a car crash of all car crashes.

But think of all the costs they'll save by merging departments like HR        

In other news, Palace

cant get the link to work, from page 7

High roller activity resulted in an EBITDA loss of £7.6 million year to date. This operation is not core to the Coral
business and the Board have now discontinued this activity.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #106233 on: August 29, 2015, 05:19:25 PM »

All their revenue comes from the machines yet by merging they are going to lose a big chunk of shops (and the machines which go with them) because of the monopoly commission rules.  The merger is just a final throw of the dice by two desperate firms who Given their competitive advantages long term in the industry should be crushing things not trying desperately to keep up.  The Betty power merger this week has probably made them even weaker post merger than lolbrokes and coral were before.  Relatively they are probably further behind now than pre merger.

Lolbrokes share price has collapsed so much since the merger talks they might have to rework the figures because they were based on £1.25 share price which is now £1 and dropping fast.
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #106234 on: August 29, 2015, 05:22:10 PM »

lololol go on ant lad
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #106235 on: August 29, 2015, 05:22:16 PM »

Someone with a Twitter account should ask nick goff or James knight  why they have made this decision! They are head of football and racing respectively at joke.  Goff always willing to give the public the information they want on Twitter.  Basically the board is telling them our biggest mug punters who you want to take on hence the high roller status we don't want to accommodate anymore because they beat us for under 3% over 8 months!!!! You can't make it up. They would have probably got that £9m back today on the football.

Having worked for both privately owned bookies and plc type bookies over the past fifteen years it is no wonder why bet365 have destroyed this market single handledly from nothing because their ownership gets the game and doesn't make knuckle head decisions like this.  It is no wonder everyone else is merging with each other in order to keep up with 365.  It must be really hard being a senior trader for joke if the management has this much trust in your ability.  

Bet they wish they kept the high rollers rolling this weekend after these epl results.  Total blood bath for the acca punters today.  Feet up spot for the betting shop managers on Monday.  Just get the red pen out and put a line through every coupon without even looking at them.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 05:35:36 PM by arbboy » Logged
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #106236 on: August 29, 2015, 05:27:23 PM »

Took a while but Posh's shiteness eventually kicked in

EDIT: Whoops
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 05:32:20 PM by Chompy » Logged

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #106237 on: August 29, 2015, 05:28:36 PM »

Ant is too good! Officially the most insane fan in the world if this holds!
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #106238 on: August 29, 2015, 05:33:09 PM »

All their revenue comes from the machines yet by merging they are going to lose a big chunk of shops (and the machines which go with them) because of the monopoly commission rules.  The merger is just a final throw of the dice by two desperate firms who Given their competitive advantages long term in the industry should be crushing things not trying desperately to keep up.  The Betty power merger this week has probably made them even weaker post merger than lolbrokes and coral were before.  Relatively they are probably further behind now than pre merger.

I can see how the PP/BF merger adds some value to each - PP get the exchange/software/CEO and BF get the shops/FOBT income, but I think you're spot-on about the Laddies/Corals merger being the last shake of the dice. I bet they'll still not be able to muster a decent website or mobile betting platform between the pair of them.

It won't be as bad as when TImeWarner and AOL merged, now that was a crazy marriage.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #106239 on: August 29, 2015, 05:37:52 PM »

P for pardew innit

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #106240 on: August 29, 2015, 05:38:13 PM »

Home advantage stats in the epl so far this season are crazy.  
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #106241 on: August 29, 2015, 05:38:20 PM »

oioi 20/1 winner, easy money lol
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #106242 on: August 29, 2015, 05:40:33 PM »

So do we double up on Chelsea now?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #106243 on: August 29, 2015, 05:44:44 PM »

P for pardew innit

Pardiola!

Wasn't on, but <3 Ant

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #106244 on: August 29, 2015, 05:48:14 PM »

Waheyyyy.

Gutted Fred wasn't on!
Pages: 1 ... 7079 7080 7081 7082 [7083] 7084 7085 7086 7087 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: