blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:19:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 7379 7380 7381 7382 [7383] 7384 7385 7386 7387 ... 9207 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13332796 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #110730 on: December 26, 2015, 10:26:19 AM »

Pah, just noticed it is 6.8 on Betty.

Bugger.

There isnt going to be much difference after commission. 

The New One now 8/1 with hills for those backing each way.  Adz horse now much shorter than 66/1. 

I accidentally put 425 on Don Cossack rather than 25 on hills mobile last night.  Had to do some frantic laying off this morning.  Luckily the price has dropped, so no real harm done and might nick a few quid.

King George mad with the bookies this morning.  You can beat Betfair on the top ones with a full set of accounts. 

Am a bit behind, not sure if we any Recommends were put up yesterday, & if they were actioned. Will have a butchers shortly.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #110731 on: December 26, 2015, 10:30:16 AM »

Brisbane Heat 117-7 off their 20 overs. Sometimes the Scorchers batting is a bit flaky, their bowling is their strong suit but The Heat's weakness is their bowling so it evens itself out. Scorchers 1/8 shots now, this should be a cruise
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #110732 on: December 26, 2015, 10:32:05 AM »

The Christmas hurdle seems an interesting each way race.  Heavy odds on favourite plus 2 reasonably strong horses and two who are probably not good enough. I think The New One should be very close to evens to get in the first two.  The 2.3 something on Betfair looks a bit big, but a few bookies are 7/4 the place (7/1 and a quarter first 2).  Maybe he never quite made the top and Faugheen looks a machine, but we really lose little on the win vs Betfair and the place terms more than make up for it.  I think this must be worth 25 each way too.

For those who get it, the each way double Cue Card (4/1 and quarter odds first 3) and The New One (7/1 and quarter first 2) is obviously worth a few quid too, as you a doubling up the generous place terms.  

Thanks David.

WH now go 8/1, so we have £25 EW on The New One with them. (qtr odds, 1,2). Did it via Mobile, no idea if that makes any difference. (Televised Race etc?)

BET PLACED
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 10:33:41 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #110733 on: December 26, 2015, 10:36:15 AM »

Betfred still offering each way and are 7/4 compared to corals 5/4. Max time.

https://m.oddschecker.com/m/#/greyhounds-ante-post-bags-track-championship-winner

Each way no longer offered. :$ someone's going to have a poor Xmas party.

I've just seen Fred cancelled the bets I placed, I'd gone in twice. Obviously my account has been severely restricted now, but they just cancelled them without giving me any sort of notice at all, not even an email. I think the second one went through to a trader, not 100% though. Would I have had a case with IBAS? Seems fairly dodgy to nr 

Seems a bit out of order, Adam, but whether you can convince IBAS to agree is another matter.

Anyway, here's the IBAS Greyhounds link......

http://www.ibas-uk.com/portal_greyhounds.php

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #110734 on: December 26, 2015, 10:43:11 AM »

Merry Christmas.

Just my tuppence on the racing tomorrow.

Faugheen the machine. Simples.

If I were to play for a place at massive odds I would probably chance Sign of a Victory who was only 6-1 against the machine in this race last year, and you can stick another 6 behind it this year. I point it out, not with any great confidence, as he doesn't seem to have progressed, but then neither has anything else but Old Guard, who still feels like a handicapper to me. Admittedly I can only get £1.43 ew with PP, but it is there for Marky and Tal.

When I first came back, I suggested to Tighty/Tikay that Don Cossack was a massive ew play at 4-1, but by the time we finished the 4-1 was 7-2 and I said not to bother. Now 9-4. Should have kept my gob shut.

Looking at the race I has made the ew play on IC, as it could well be ridden to pick up the pieces, as the pace is sure to be red hot, with so much front end pace likely.

The other play I have made is one of my old fav bets, the this race and Gold Cup double. I don't really fancy Vatour for this race, for all the reasons NC mentioned, but if he does win, he will be 5/2 for the Gold. 14-1 for the double is available and that seems a sensible small play, if you are a V fan, like me. I must confess, I have already made the same "V to win at the festival" bet, as we had success with last year.

I can well see him petering out here and his new target being called the Ryanair, for which he will probably end up 6/4ish.

Finally, West Wizard makes his jumps debut in the second race at Kempton. A real talking horse over the last couple of years with Hendo, he is placed straight into a handicap off a mark of  129. This could look crazy at 1.35.

His defeats in the past have looked disappointing initially, but on reflection they don't look quite so bad.

Minella Rocco looked to be a real horse to follow this year, and may well yet be an RSA horse. Sgt Reckless has proved himself out of the drawer, just below the top one, and Arzal is looking a potential Arkle/Grand Annual player.

All those things make 129 look very workable. Couple this with the fact that West made a lovely shape over hurdles, and looked to have the size to be a decent chaser, I have had a rather decent wager at 6-1 and 11-2. It feels a bit Shit or Bust, so its win only.

For those that can for a tiny amount, it is also the "£10 money back if your horse loses" race with Slybet. Freeroll that ten spot.

Good luck tomorrow chaps.

Thanks Adz.

Have joined Tal & Marky in Team Ice Cream & thrown £10 EW @ 50/1 on Sign of Victory with BMU.

14:35

SIGN OF A VICTORY (EW)

(Horse Racing Outright - Race)

Odds: 50/1

Stake: 20.00

Possible Return:  645.00

BET PLACED

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #110735 on: December 26, 2015, 10:45:53 AM »

Merry Christmas.

If I were to play for a place at massive odds I would probably chance Sign of a Victory who was only 6-1 against the machine in this race last year, and you can stick another 6 behind it this year. I point it out, not with any great confidence, as he doesn't seem to have progressed, but then neither has anything else but Old Guard, who still feels like a handicapper to me. Admittedly I can only get £1.43 ew with PP, but it is there for Marky and Tal.

When I first came back, I suggested to Tighty/Tikay that Don Cossack was a massive ew play at 4-1, but by the time we finished the 4-1 was 7-2 and I said not to bother. Now 9-4. Should have kept my gob shut.

Looking at the race I has made the ew play on IC, as it could well be ridden to pick up the pieces, as the pace is sure to be red hot, with so much front end pace likely.

The other play I have made is one of my old fav bets, the this race and Gold Cup double. I don't really fancy Vatour for this race, for all the reasons NC mentioned, but if he does win, he will be 5/2 for the Gold. 14-1 for the double is available and that seems a sensible small play, if you are a V fan, like me. I must confess, I have already made the same "V to win at the festival" bet, as we had success with last year.

I can well see him petering out here and his new target being called the Ryanair, for which he will probably end up 6/4ish.

Finally, West Wizard makes his jumps debut in the second race at Kempton. A real talking horse over the last couple of years with Hendo, he is placed straight into a handicap off a mark of  129. This could look crazy at 1.35.

His defeats in the past have looked disappointing initially, but on reflection they don't look quite so bad.

Minella Rocco looked to be a real horse to follow this year, and may well yet be an RSA horse. Sgt Reckless has proved himself out of the drawer, just below the top one, and Arzal is looking a potential Arkle/Grand Annual player.

All those things make 129 look very workable. Couple this with the fact that West made a lovely shape over hurdles, and looked to have the size to be a decent chaser, I have had a rather decent wager at 6-1 and 11-2. It feels a bit Shit or Bust, so its win only.

For those that can for a tiny amount, it is also the "£10 money back if your horse loses" race with Slybet. Freeroll that ten spot.

Think we are already on Irish Cavalier. Fingers crossed, that'll be the flights to Vegas & back. Or not.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #110736 on: December 26, 2015, 10:50:10 AM »

Merry Christmas.

WH go 7/1, so we have had £20 WIN with them.

BET PLACED

Newportlad

View Profile
« Reply #110737 on: December 26, 2015, 10:51:30 AM »

Morning Fred

Hope you had a good Christmas.  Refreshing to see the place doing brisk trade this morning.

Couple of interesting spots in the Premier League today.  Watford are best price 13/2 to win at Chelsea.  They have won their last 4 games, and we all know about Chelsea. Must be worth a small investment?

Leicester are 3/1 across the board to win at Liverpool today.  Skertel will be a big miss for Liverpool, and the pace of Vardy willl surely terrorise both Centre halfs.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #110738 on: December 26, 2015, 10:53:01 AM »

Think that is us up to date now.

Gotta go AWOL for a few hours, but will be back later.

nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #110739 on: December 26, 2015, 10:53:43 AM »

Brisbane Heat 117-7 off their 20 overs. Sometimes the Scorchers batting is a bit flaky, their bowling is their strong suit but The Heat's weakness is their bowling so it evens itself out. Scorchers 1/8 shots now, this should be a cruise

35-0 off 4 overs in response ...
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #110740 on: December 26, 2015, 10:55:11 AM »

Merry Christmas.

Think we are already on Irish Cavalier. Fingers crossed, that'll be the flights to Vegas & back. Or not.

Booked mine before I knocked it all in, and my upgrades will depend on Arsenal's performance in the league Wink

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #110741 on: December 26, 2015, 10:55:40 AM »

Morning Fred

Hope you had a good Christmas.  Refreshing to see the place doing brisk trade this morning.

Couple of interesting spots in the Premier League today.  Watford are best price 13/2 to win at Chelsea.  They have won their last 4 games, and we all know about Chelsea. Must be worth a small investment?

Leicester are 3/1 across the board to win at Liverpool today.  Skertel will be a big miss for Liverpool, and the pace of Vardy willl surely terrorise both Centre halfs.

Thanks.

Both prices look tempting.

Anyone else got a view on these 2 games?

Would love it if Leicester & Watford both won today. Oh, & Arsenal tonight, too.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #110742 on: December 26, 2015, 11:33:29 AM »

i gather that Bournemouth are being backed to beat Palace

cabaye out, bolasie and wickham meant to be injured

--

pdc darts back today. we have chisnall ante-post. 1/6 to beat christian kist tonight

--

brisbane heat are about to lose heavily, scorschers 114/1 chasing 117

--

england have been put in on a sweaty green one in Durban. 12/2 with Dale Steyn breathing fire through his nostrils.... 

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #110743 on: December 26, 2015, 11:37:28 AM »

Very comfortable win for The Scorchers, Won by 9 wickets with 29 balls to spare, a real hammering. The Heat are now 0-3 and looking up against it. The commentators continue to talk them up, say they are unlucky etc but to me they just aren't good enough. So Far, so good for the bet on The Heat to come bottom.

Scorchers bowling attack looks very strong again, could be worth backing them in future if they bat first and get a middling score, as they've proved adept at defending 140-ish in the past.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #110744 on: December 26, 2015, 11:37:54 AM »

league table http://www.bigbash.com.au/ladder

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: 1 ... 7379 7380 7381 7382 [7383] 7384 7385 7386 7387 ... 9207 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: