blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:15:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 7979 7980 7981 7982 [7983] 7984 7985 7986 7987 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13436563 times)
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #119730 on: July 22, 2016, 09:05:32 AM »

Klopp himself as really highly rated maybe? Not saying the prices are right but it could be that with a pre season under his belt he could get something going.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #119731 on: July 22, 2016, 09:27:16 AM »

Some Hungarian GP tips:

Race Winner - ... I was going to suggest Nico Rosberg @ 7/2 (choral, hills, exchange) which is a crazy price. However, 23/20 (boyles) on Lewis is also a mad price .. ummm, not sure what to suggest here .. both? I guess on the basis that Lewis has the momentum, if he tops the practice sessions, 23/20 will go - whereas Nico's price should get better. Suggest £50 on Lewis.

Points Finish - Jenson Button @ EVS (beewin) & Felipe Massa @ EVS (hills, betfayre, betaway) - I see both drivers better than a coin flip for this one. Suggest £20 each.

Lewis 11/10 best

what about the risk of engine (hamilton, he's holding off on taking a penalty, this is his last engine and its done several races)  and gearbox (rosberg, after the problems in the last race he's using the same one this) penalties for both this weekend?

will wait for after free practices given the price has gone, for now

shouldn't red bull get very close in hungary? (6/1 the pair outright factors that in i expect)

can't do Button at evens,, and its 8/11 everywhere else so leaving that

i can do Massa

Felipe Massa Hungarian Grand Prix Points Finish
1/1
Total Stake: £20.00
Potential Returns: £40.00

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #119732 on: July 22, 2016, 09:41:09 AM »

Klopp himself as really highly rated maybe? Not saying the prices are right but it could be that with a pre season under his belt he could get something going.

Klopp is all puff and blow so far. Couldn't back Liverpool at less than 20s.

Is there value in any of the unfashionable clubs? Maybe there's a big price that will shorten after a good opening month?
Stoke at 750-1 although August looks a tough start"

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #119733 on: July 22, 2016, 09:43:52 AM »

Before arbboy gets up and checks the thread while skimming the BAGS cards, I'd better say for the benefit of newer members and lurkers (and any odds compilers reading) there's been some chat on here for a few years about Liverpool being too short every year and the punters love to back their team, whatever the price.

Seem to recall they were 25/1 (maybe 33s) last season.

Can't get my head around it.

Also, I think Can gets in ahead of Sakho. 1-8-1 makes more sense.

No skimming this morning.  Friday morning is always no go for bags for me with the worst two tracks on at the same time (Kinsley and Swindon).  As you lolapool (sorry Liverpool) don't ask questions just get stuck in.  Rinse repeat every year.  You know the drill.  Nothing changes.  Surprised Bald isn't top on his own the scousers like he usually is as part needle (as a Man U fan) and part sensible business man.

Can't get my head around people asking for less than 1000/1 on the vast majority of the teams on betfair.  Sunderland about to lose their gaffer and people still asking for less than 1000/1 even though you could walk into any fred shop in the UK and probably get £50 at 1500/1 no problem at all.  Punters asking for 400/1 for £200 on betfair when bald is 1500/1.  Surely you could walk into 4 bald shops in the North East and buy a mboro shirt and get £50 on 'your team' at 1500/1 in a bald shop even though you are a dirty arber!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 09:58:03 AM by arbboy » Logged
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #119734 on: July 22, 2016, 09:52:36 AM »

Would someone kindly explain to me why Liverpool are 9/1 best price to win the league? They surely can't win this division one in ten times?

United, City, Chelsea certain to improve to some degree.

I wouldn't have Spurs at 9/1 either FWIW, but I would have thought 12/1 Spurs (who at least finished in the top three last season) and 14/1 Liverpool would be nearer the mark.

Liverpool signed Winjaldum to fill a gap currently occupied by Coutinho, Firmino and Lallana. Not to mention Sturridge, Origi, Benteke and Ings up front. With the exception of Coutinho, that doesn't strike me as a league winning attack, given the efforts the other teams have made.

Exchange prices are a fairly steady 10/1 Spurs and 19/2 Liverpool (one for the old boys there), so it is clearly me who doesn't understand.

Help appreciated.

Well.

When did Spurs last win the League? 61?

Won it twice in 120 odd years.

Must make them about 60-1.

That said, they are just about due their next one........ Wink

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #119735 on: July 22, 2016, 10:29:08 AM »

Would someone kindly explain to me why Liverpool are 9/1 best price to win the league? They surely can't win this division one in ten times?

United, City, Chelsea certain to improve to some degree.

I wouldn't have Spurs at 9/1 either FWIW, but I would have thought 12/1 Spurs (who at least finished in the top three last season) and 14/1 Liverpool would be nearer the mark.

Liverpool signed Winjaldum to fill a gap currently occupied by Coutinho, Firmino and Lallana. Not to mention Sturridge, Origi, Benteke and Ings up front. With the exception of Coutinho, that doesn't strike me as a league winning attack, given the efforts the other teams have made.

Exchange prices are a fairly steady 10/1 Spurs and 19/2 Liverpool (one for the old boys there), so it is clearly me who doesn't understand.

Help appreciated.

Well.

When did Spurs last win the League? 61?

Won it twice in 120 odd years.

Must make them about 60-1.

That said, they are just about due their next one........ Wink

Cheesy

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #119736 on: July 22, 2016, 11:20:09 AM »

A good home needed for a £25 Free Bet

Mere recently ran the TfT £12k Celebration Wimbledon competition.

To my embarrassment, not only did I win it, but I forgot to send the runner-up - 4ksuited - his £25 runner-up prize.

However, he has very kindly made an offer we can't refuse.

We need to find a £25 Bet, which will be funded by his £25 prize.

If it wins, he gets the £25 stake & Fred gets the profit. If it loses, that's it, it's all over. It's his way of saying "thank you" for all the fun & profit Fred has given him.

So can we come up with a nice home for the £25 bet please? I'd rather like that it won, so our hero gets his long-overdue £25.

I hope a few decent suggestions will be forthcoming, & I'll ask Mere to decide which one we do.    

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #119737 on: July 22, 2016, 11:55:05 AM »

Lewis Hamilton Hungarian Grand Prix Winner
11/10
Total Stake: £50.00
Potential Returns: £110.00

i took the last piece of this after FP1 Peter

if its too short for you we will take it off thread.

My eyes are open wide
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #119738 on: July 22, 2016, 02:14:02 PM »

A good home needed for a £25 Free Bet

Mere recently ran the TfT £12k Celebration Wimbledon competition.

To my embarrassment, not only did I win it, but I forgot to send the runner-up - 4ksuited - his £25 runner-up prize.

However, he has very kindly made an offer we can't refuse.

We need to find a £25 Bet, which will be funded by his £25 prize.

If it wins, he gets the £25 stake & Fred gets the profit. If it loses, that's it, it's all over. It's his way of saying "thank you" for all the fun & profit Fred has given him.

So can we come up with a nice home for the £25 bet please? I'd rather like that it won, so our hero gets his long-overdue £25.

I hope a few decent suggestions will be forthcoming, & I'll ask Mere to decide which one we do.    

Big price required.   Bigger the better.  M'boro to win the EPL at 1500/1 with bald fred.  People asking for 400/1 on betfair for decent money. 
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #119739 on: July 22, 2016, 06:10:50 PM »

its not a free bet in that sense. still got to be placed with £ and ideally a winner for 4ksuited...so something this weekend on one of themany sports would be great

My eyes are open wide
Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #119740 on: July 22, 2016, 06:23:23 PM »

Would be good for a season long bet at good odds though. Would make it more exciting for all involved surely?
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #119741 on: July 22, 2016, 06:25:29 PM »

Goodwood is next week.  Should be plenty of bets available too.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #119742 on: July 22, 2016, 06:26:01 PM »

Goodwood is next week.  Should be plenty of bets available too.

Galway, too.

Peter-27

View Profile
« Reply #119743 on: July 22, 2016, 07:57:29 PM »

Lewis Hamilton Hungarian Grand Prix Winner
11/10
Total Stake: £50.00
Potential Returns: £110.00

i took the last piece of this after FP1 Peter

if its too short for you we will take it off thread.

Borderline at 11/10, but I'll take it. Still might well suggest Nico post-FP3 though. We'll see.

Surprisingly, as things stand, I can't find any spots. This looks like it will be a largely predictable weekend.

stribling

View Profile
« Reply #119744 on: July 22, 2016, 08:53:23 PM »

Have looked online but can't seem to find any current standings for the royal london one day cup. Are Sussex still in with a shout?

You have to Risk it for the biscuit!!!
Pages: 1 ... 7979 7980 7981 7982 [7983] 7984 7985 7986 7987 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: