blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:04:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272477 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8190 8191 8192 8193 [8194] 8195 8196 8197 8198 ... 9207 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13333093 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #122895 on: October 24, 2016, 11:05:55 AM »

as others have said, well done Bergeroo on Thiem winning the tie break tens

http://www.tennisworldusa.org/news/news/Tennis_Stories/37576/tie-break-tens-dominic-thiem-beats-andy-murray-and-wins-250000-dollars/

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #122896 on: October 24, 2016, 11:06:59 AM »

As regards our season long Fantasy Football bets, 2 back to back clean sheets for both our keepers Adrian + Gomes have put them back within touching distance of the places.
Our long shot Redmond scored his first goal since the opening day last week and is playing again tomorrow. It would be nice if he can get a couple more in the next few weeks, or even a few assists, and he can move up the rankings. He seems to have cemented his place in the side, is playing well and Southampton seem to have turned the corner form wise. Now if they can just add some more goals to their game, it'd be nice.
All in all, I'm not displeased with where the bets are.

Good day yesterday, Redmond scoring...

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #122897 on: October 24, 2016, 11:07:42 AM »

Rugby Union today. Toulouse to beat Wasps 6/4 with Coral.

unlucky on this

Toulouse were 20-13 up, Wasps scored a last gasp converted try to draw.

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #122898 on: October 24, 2016, 11:08:35 AM »

Only got one bet to suggest ahead of the USGP:

Points Finish - Romain Grosjean @ 11/4 with Stars and Hills. Romain starts down in 17th, however there are a number of weaker cars ahead. This bet undoubtedly needs a little luck to come in, but 11/4 represents value. Suggest £10.

Also, don't forget my previously suggested McLaren bets (not sure if TFT got on?), don't have time to repost, apologies.

that was a winner i believe

I was watching two stellar NFL offenses thrill one and all at Twickenham, so missed it sorry

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #122899 on: October 24, 2016, 11:13:39 AM »

Calling the TfT Wombles' fan...

Posh were a shower of shite today (could have been four or five at half-time and Darragh currently doing his nut on Twitter) but aside from that I haven't seen a better performance at our place all season.

5-1 for top six, 12-1 for promotion. Thoughts? Elliot, Taylor and Poleon are a handful.

I've chosen a good season (so far) to win a pair of season tickets for (thanks SkyBet!). Have started taking my 6 year old son for his first games and he's got right into it straightaway having shown no interest before now  Smiley

I didn't see today's game but friends said it was the most dominating performance they had seen from us for years and couldn't believe it was only 1-0. Not seen much of Darragh's rants as he blocked me when I ridiculed him for defending the CheckATwat trophy!

I'm loathe to tempt fate and trying not to get carried away but our form is terrific at the moment. As you say our front men (Barnett excepted...) are great together. I was concerned about our lack of depth and when I saw our team this afternoon I almost tipped a Posh win but everyone in the team is on the same page and following Ardley's instructions. In certain areas we will still have an issue with injuries - Jon Meades at left back is vey important, his return was one of the two that sparked our form. The other was Shea in goal.

If we keep this up then promotion has to be on the cards, but that is the massive 'if' that I can't believe is possible yet. I'll still be happy with staying up and seeing Plough Lane's constuction begin! Finishing above the franchise scum would be so sweet too, but that can't happen as it's not possible to start at the bottom of non-league and work your way up through the leagues 

Ardley obviously has a future. McCann not so much.

Poleon and Reeves have looked good in both games at Fortress ABAX this season. Happy to take 5-1/14-1 I think, although maybe wait until after the Bradford game next week, as November doesn't look that tough.

Poleon didn't play yesterday? Has looked a great signing so far though. Reeves is class too.

Good point. Was your MOTM in the first game though. Whelps a great signing. Always was a 100%er for us and your team seems full of that type. MBN.

Posh had four in the team yesterday who'll be going for seven figures in due course; Forrester, Maddison, Baldwin abd Leo DSL (off in January to either Spurs or Arsenal it seems, will be a top top player). Unfortunately McCann can't get them motivated or playing as a team.

Recommended bet

£50 Wombles to make the top six, 5-1 365

only bet365 are 5-1

would need help to get that on

link is http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/league-1/top-6-finish

My eyes are open wide
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #122900 on: October 24, 2016, 11:14:27 AM »

Points Finish - Romain Grosjean @ 11/4 with Stars and Hills. Romain starts down in 17th, however there are a number of weaker cars ahead. This bet undoubtedly needs a little luck to come in, but 11/4 represents value. Suggest £10.

Also, don't forget my previously suggested McLaren bets (not sure if TFT got on?), don't have time to repost, apologies.

I was watching two stellar NFL offenses thrill one and all at Twickenham, so missed it sorry

On the plus side, we know for an absolute fact the game at Wembley on Sunday is going to be the best London nfl game of the year...

Good win for Fred yesterday with Tampa Bay trouncing San Francisco 34-17. The Niners are toothless, feckless and gutless.  Talk is they're considering trading one of their best players for a first round pick in next year's draft.

Also helps our Tampa Bay points bet. The team isn't as good as I thought it was. It'll be a sweat all year I suspect but they can put points up in isolated games and that should keep us interested.  

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #122901 on: October 24, 2016, 11:15:04 AM »

I think Spurs are a great bet @ 12/1 to win the league. I really don't understand the price when comparing them to the other 5 capable of winning.
http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/winner
The only unbeaten team. They have a great defence (which is a big question mark for City, Utd, Pool), they have great strength in depth for every position and Kane back soon.

any other thoughts on this please?

My eyes are open wide
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #122902 on: October 24, 2016, 11:17:09 AM »

Calling the TfT Wombles' fan...

Posh were a shower of shite today (could have been four or five at half-time and Darragh currently doing his nut on Twitter) but aside from that I haven't seen a better performance at our place all season.

5-1 for top six, 12-1 for promotion. Thoughts? Elliot, Taylor and Poleon are a handful.

I've chosen a good season (so far) to win a pair of season tickets for (thanks SkyBet!). Have started taking my 6 year old son for his first games and he's got right into it straightaway having shown no interest before now  Smiley

I didn't see today's game but friends said it was the most dominating performance they had seen from us for years and couldn't believe it was only 1-0. Not seen much of Darragh's rants as he blocked me when I ridiculed him for defending the CheckATwat trophy!

I'm loathe to tempt fate and trying not to get carried away but our form is terrific at the moment. As you say our front men (Barnett excepted...) are great together. I was concerned about our lack of depth and when I saw our team this afternoon I almost tipped a Posh win but everyone in the team is on the same page and following Ardley's instructions. In certain areas we will still have an issue with injuries - Jon Meades at left back is vey important, his return was one of the two that sparked our form. The other was Shea in goal.

If we keep this up then promotion has to be on the cards, but that is the massive 'if' that I can't believe is possible yet. I'll still be happy with staying up and seeing Plough Lane's constuction begin! Finishing above the franchise scum would be so sweet too, but that can't happen as it's not possible to start at the bottom of non-league and work your way up through the leagues  

Ardley obviously has a future. McCann not so much.

Poleon and Reeves have looked good in both games at Fortress ABAX this season. Happy to take 5-1/14-1 I think, although maybe wait until after the Bradford game next week, as November doesn't look that tough.

Poleon didn't play yesterday? Has looked a great signing so far though. Reeves is class too.

Good point. Was your MOTM in the first game though. Whelps a great signing. Always was a 100%er for us and your team seems full of that type. MBN.

Posh had four in the team yesterday who'll be going for seven figures in due course; Forrester, Maddison, Baldwin abd Leo DSL (off in January to either Spurs or Arsenal it seems, will be a top top player). Unfortunately McCann can't get them motivated or playing as a team.

Recommended bet

£50 Wombles to make the top six, 5-1 365

I was really pleased with the Whelps signing but unfortunately he has had injury problems and I have yet to see him play more than a few disappointing minutes as a sub. Played on Saturday though so hopefully he's back to fitness and I'll see him at top form soon Smiley

The 100%ers is the key to our team - definitely a case of the whole being more than the sum of its parts, and that is down to Ardley and the management team I believe.

Whelps is very good in the air, like most of your mob, is consistent and rarely has a bad game.

Darragh should be looking to get a few more of this type in. Our squad has none of them, aside from Bostwick, and we're flooded with players picked up from relegated sides - Inman (Crewe), White (Blackpool), Moncur (Colchester). Picking up the likes of Duffy is golden in L1, as t'Blades are finding out.

Think Poshies are about to go on one of their gutless losing runs. Bristol Rovers away this weekend = home win. Then next month we have home games against Scunny and Bolton, and a trip to the Wobblers. Dark days ahead for McCann.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #122903 on: October 24, 2016, 11:18:27 AM »

On the plus side, we know for an absolute fact the game at Wembley on Sunday is going to be the best London nfl game of the year...

Good win for Fred yesterday with Tampa Bay trouncing San Francisco 34-17. The Niners are toothless, feckless and gutless.  Talk is they're considering trading one of their best players for a first round pick in next year's draft.

Also helps our Tampa Bay points bet. The team isn't as good as I thought it was. It'll be a sweat all year I suspect but they can put points up in isolated games and that should keep us interested. 

On SF, we need Cleveland to win a game or two. Now on their 6th quarterback of the year

Tampa Bay are a bit inconsistent, but yesterday definitely helped. Atlanta likely to be top scoring team barring injury to Ryan/Julio

My eyes are open wide
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #122904 on: October 24, 2016, 11:19:41 AM »

Have placed £50 on Wombles for thread.

Like the Tottenham bet, albeit Premier League not really my thing. Shame nobody's offering three spots.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #122905 on: October 24, 2016, 11:29:46 AM »

Good win for Fred yesterday with Tampa Bay trouncing San Francisco 34-17. The Niners are toothless, feckless and gutless.  Talk is they're considering trading one of their best players for a first round pick in next year's draft.

On SF, we need Cleveland to win a game or two. Now on their 6th quarterback of the year

Tampa Bay are a bit inconsistent, but yesterday definitely helped. Atlanta likely to be top scoring team barring injury to Ryan/Julio

Agree on all counts. The Browns have some winnable games ahead and look capable on both sides, even if they find strange and imaginative ways to lose (like a more extreme version of the Chargers).

The Niners could see double digit handicaps getting more prevalent. I find it incredible watching a team tank in the fourth quarter, while other teams who are two scores down at home fight to get back in the game.

I'm down on this team, but I'm adamant this is the worst team in the league.

Their remaining schedule (vs means at home):

06/11   vs   Saints   21:05
13/11   @   Cardinals 21:25
20/11   vs   Patriots   21:25
27/11   @   Dolphins   18:00
04/12   @   Bears 18:00
11/12   vs   Jets    21:05
18/12   @   Falcons   21:05
24/12   @   Rams 21:25
01/01   vs   Seahawks 21:25

A lot of either good offenses or good defenses there.

That stretch of Dolphins, Bears, Jets looks critical.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #122906 on: October 24, 2016, 11:42:44 AM »

On spurs, we have a horrible six weeks ahead:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/fixtures

On the pitch, having watched most of our games this season, I'd say we've not really hit the form of last year, Man City game aside. The press hasn't been as prominent and we haven't been as effective in the final third. Wanyama is a clear improvement and having Dembele back helps. Kane is back in light training.

In the main, we have got better across the season, with Saturday being something of a blip (the only big clubs to win after the champions league this week were Barca, Bayern, Real and...Leicester). I get the impression there were some tired legs after the summer and the Poch fitness drills have taken time to adjust to again. Janssen needs to show the form he has for Holland.

Despite being one point from the top, our price has gone out. I find that hard to understand.

I wouldn't want to lay double digits. I can't see us having a less than 10% chance of winning the league. That's as objective as I can be.

bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #122907 on: October 24, 2016, 11:45:56 AM »

Nice spot on Thiem, Bergeroo

Worked out with the bet!

I had a spare afternoon in Vienna on Saturday so I went to the qualifiers for the main tournament. Had to leave on Sunday so I didn't see the Tie Break thing...

Best player I saw in the qualifiers was the German, Struff. He has a lot of power, good all round game and a nice range of shots and looked a class above. He has had some decent results this year and today he plays a rapidly fading Isner, who has had a stuttering, injury prone season.

I was minded to have a bet, but I was hoping for a better price offered than 2-1. I'm not sure this is a big enough price for me to recommend a bet here, so I will be keeping my powder dry or looking at another way to bet the match. If he gets through then the next round could be interesting.

A couple of the other qualifiers also looked decent but they have very tough matches against top seeds so no interest there.

I also got to see the Brit Marcus Willis play his qualifier. He actually did a lot better than I expected and took it to three sets and could have won. He had a lot of creativity, came into the net and had a good lefty serve but he was exposed mostly with his lack of power on groundstrokes and his movement around the court. Fun to watch him though. Interesting to see if he plays some Challengers and tries to get fit next season.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #122908 on: October 24, 2016, 11:56:58 AM »

could anyone help with bet365 please?

11-1 Spurs, after their defeat coming this weekend we might get 12-1 i suppose....is the best available for now

£30 say?

My eyes are open wide
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #122909 on: October 24, 2016, 12:08:29 PM »

could anyone help with bet365 please?

11-1 Spurs, after their defeat coming this weekend we might get 12-1 i suppose....is the best available for now

£30 say?

£30 done.

Pages: 1 ... 8190 8191 8192 8193 [8194] 8195 8196 8197 8198 ... 9207 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: