blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 08:53:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272633 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8676 8677 8678 8679 [8680] 8681 8682 8683 8684 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13451554 times)
RobS

View Profile
« Reply #130185 on: September 11, 2017, 01:27:37 PM »

How the fuck is Chris Sutton a pundit?!

He's a shit stirrer but I'd say having played at a top level in more than one league is probably how.

Yeh all those competitive games he played against the likes of Motherwell, Dunfermline and Inverness is what really helped him get a job in punditry
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #130186 on: September 11, 2017, 02:20:16 PM »

A disgrace. Amusingly i was about to jump on here and suggest that De Boer would have more time and heard the news here first!

De Boer showed promising signs of improvement yesterday. Is without 4 key players in Sakho, Tomkins, Zaha and Loftus-Cheek. And it's so early on in the season. I would suggest De Boer is not very personable with the board, or has some fundamental flaw in twice now not being given much time to put a stamp on two clubs. He really didnt help himself limping so harshly in the first three games and it genuinely was poor management not having a back 4 from the second game onwards. Even then though its 4 games! Blimey this is a quick sacking and most Palace fans would not welcome this after yesterday.

Hodgson as well cries to me of a man that might send us down, which is probably me being unimpressed by his England stint, but understandably it doesn't give me the same feeling of safety a Pulis or Allardyce appointment would.

A genuine embarrassment this all is. And if Hodgson gets off to a poor start are we pushing for another manager by the end of the month? This does bring me back to De Boer probably having the worst people skills in the world with the board, as i really don't understand pulling the trigger this early otherwise especially after yesterday.

I hope people got on the sacking tip anyway, im 2/2 on Palace tips, and it helps I don't play football on Saturday anymore because i am smashing in 90 mins full matches viewing. Probably should get a life, but thats doubtful materialising any time soon.  Grin

I think a semi competent manager with our squad fully fit should have us comfortably mid table, so I'm hopeful Hodgson will have enough about him.

Palace's next 4 games includes Man United, Man City & Chelsea.

I know lovely Mr Tikay will be shaking his head at this, but I would love to see Woy appointed, lose those three games badly(not cos I dislike palace fwiw), just to get the proper sacking his time at England deserved.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #130187 on: September 11, 2017, 02:39:17 PM »

Incred!

Kieffer is still 20-1 with 356 for L1 top scorer, quarter four places, despite yesterday's two taking him to six and level with Jack Marriott.

Rotherham are a top-six possible and Moore is there for the season.

No idea who'll take their penalties (they had none last season and none as yet this time) but it could well be him. Marriott doesn't take them for Posh, Maddison does.

This guy is a monster in L1. 6'5", Peter Crouch type, better with his feet than you'd expect.

He should be single figures, so this is one to smash up. Another £50EW @ 20-1 please.

Also, if any reg wouldn't mind doing me a hundo EW, flick it in, PM me and I'll send the £££.
could someone do that for us please?

WH just let me boost this to 19.58/1, impossible for me to bet with 365, this was the next best thing.

it would let you do £50 e/w at 19.5 to 1?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #130188 on: September 11, 2017, 02:40:30 PM »

Too late for most I'm sure (including Fred) but I'm surprised about a price in a high variance NFL market.

Player to get most interceptions is a lottery. The ball has to be caught without hitting the ground by a defensive player. It is  a lot of "right place right time" with all the ricochets and defender fumbles you can eat.

https://www.oddschecker.com/american-football/nfl-specials/regular-season/player-to-make-most-interceptions

The winning score last year was 7

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/player-stat/defense-interceptions

Some of the best defenders have no chance of winning because the opponents avoid them. That makes sense so the big name cornerbacks offer very little value. Really, it's a market to be trying to find an outsider in.

Atlanta's defense was a real success story last year. They started as a poor unit and ended as one of the best. I expect them to continue that momentum to some degree this year. The offense scoring means more balls against them will be thrown (you have to get the ball infield quickly when behind and it's easier if you throw it than run).

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/player-stat/defense-pass-defenses

This is the list of passes where a defender has batted the ball away, rather than catching it. Top was Robert Alford. Now, it's no great leap of faith to say a few lucky breaks on those passes gets him from 3 to 7.  He's a good player - underrated by plenty - and his interception in the Super Bowl is largely forgotten.

Alford is 33/1 with Chorals and Red Shouty Man.

Win only market. It's worth a small bet. It's a dart really but have difficulty believing it's a bad price for us.

Looking forward to a good season for Fred.

this market has disappeared?

My eyes are open wide
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130189 on: September 11, 2017, 03:20:08 PM »

The season has started so the season longs have disappeared, yeah

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #130190 on: September 11, 2017, 04:06:36 PM »

A disgrace. Amusingly i was about to jump on here and suggest that De Boer would have more time and heard the news here first!

De Boer showed promising signs of improvement yesterday. Is without 4 key players in Sakho, Tomkins, Zaha and Loftus-Cheek. And it's so early on in the season. I would suggest De Boer is not very personable with the board, or has some fundamental flaw in twice now not being given much time to put a stamp on two clubs. He really didnt help himself limping so harshly in the first three games and it genuinely was poor management not having a back 4 from the second game onwards. Even then though its 4 games! Blimey this is a quick sacking and most Palace fans would not welcome this after yesterday.

Hodgson as well cries to me of a man that might send us down, which is probably me being unimpressed by his England stint, but understandably it doesn't give me the same feeling of safety a Pulis or Allardyce appointment would.

A genuine embarrassment this all is. And if Hodgson gets off to a poor start are we pushing for another manager by the end of the month? This does bring me back to De Boer probably having the worst people skills in the world with the board, as i really don't understand pulling the trigger this early otherwise especially after yesterday.

I hope people got on the sacking tip anyway, im 2/2 on Palace tips, and it helps I don't play football on Saturday anymore because i am smashing in 90 mins full matches viewing. Probably should get a life, but thats doubtful materialising any time soon.  Grin

I think a semi competent manager with our squad fully fit should have us comfortably mid table, so I'm hopeful Hodgson will have enough about him.

Palace's next 4 games includes Man United, Man City & Chelsea.

I know lovely Mr Tikay will be shaking his head at this, but I would love to see Woy appointed, lose those three games badly(not cos I dislike palace fwiw), just to get the proper sacking his time at England deserved.

Ha.

* shakes head *

Wink

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #130191 on: September 11, 2017, 04:15:05 PM »

Would be hilar if Wenger did the off, and Hodgson got the gig.

How you like those apples  Grin

Teacake

View Profile
« Reply #130192 on: September 11, 2017, 04:28:54 PM »

He's a shit stirrer but I'd say having played at a top level in more than one league is probably how.

Yeh all those competitive games he played against the likes of Motherwell, Dunfermline and Inverness is what really helped him get a job in punditry

It would have done for Scottish football which is where he got his first gig on BT Sport and is still his primary role.

Over 250 EPL appearances and over 60 European matches won't have hurt.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #130193 on: September 11, 2017, 08:49:13 PM »

Incred!

Kieffer is still 20-1 with 356 for L1 top scorer, quarter four places, despite yesterday's two taking him to six and level with Jack Marriott.

Rotherham are a top-six possible and Moore is there for the season.

No idea who'll take their penalties (they had none last season and none as yet this time) but it could well be him. Marriott doesn't take them for Posh, Maddison does.

This guy is a monster in L1. 6'5", Peter Crouch type, better with his feet than you'd expect.

He should be single figures, so this is one to smash up. Another £50EW @ 20-1 please.

Also, if any reg wouldn't mind doing me a hundo EW, flick it in, PM me and I'll send the £££.
could someone do that for us please?

WH just let me boost this to 19.58/1, impossible for me to bet with 365, this was the next best thing.

it would let you do £50 e/w at 19.5 to 1?

Sorry, should have been clearer, I meant you could try there if you needed as it had allowed the boost (not sure if their boost are for everyone or not)
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #130194 on: September 12, 2017, 06:40:39 AM »

With Chris Sutton, I think at times he isn't the cleverest mainly through having no give of another side to the argument with his conversational skills being abrasive, but I always like someone who puts their views across fervently and shakes things up. Keown is like this to a lesser extent, isn't much one for a fence to sit on.

The amount of pundits that get by by just towing the line and saying really valueless obvious comments is pretty sickening.

I just realised now the parallels with this and Donald Trump's support and I am going to have a sit down.

To end, I like how more football journalists are getting more punditry roles occasionally on MOTD 2 and the like because their insight is normally infinitely better than the norm.
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #130195 on: September 12, 2017, 08:52:02 AM »

Wayhey I had under 12 hours for the standard ignorant comment on Scottish football.

Guess playing against (and wins against most of) Porto, Juve, Valencia, Blackburn, Liverpool, Barca, Bayern, Man U, AC Milan etc was nothing either.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #130196 on: September 12, 2017, 09:44:02 AM »

Ornstein

"De Boer sacking had been coming. Complete relationship breakdown + irreparable differences between club/manager. Could've gone sooner "

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #130197 on: September 12, 2017, 11:04:13 AM »

Wayhey I had under 12 hours for the standard ignorant comment on Scottish football.

Guess playing against (and wins against most of) Porto, Juve, Valencia, Blackburn, Liverpool, Barca, Bayern, Man U, AC Milan etc was nothing either.

IMO Sutton's just as qualified as Shearer, Murphy and the rest of the nodding dogs that sit on the BBC's furniture if you're going to base it on his playing career.

But ffs why do they want a cantankerous, narrow-minded, obstinate curmudgeon constantly & obtusely arguing with poor old Chappers and Jason Mohammed? It's not good TV.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #130198 on: September 12, 2017, 11:32:51 AM »

There's a whole wealth of ex footballers kicking about who played at the top level, in the Champions League etc etc it's hardly a small exclusive pool with slim pickings available.

Opt for some ex players who can actually offer a little insight into the game, or some foreign players who can maybe see things differently. I know this might lead to shrieks of 'coming over here, stealing our punditry jobs' but I'd much rather get, for example, Seedorf's take on a game or incident than Chris Sutton's.

I know someone might point out that Seedorf has never played in the PL but tbh the game has changed so much since the days of Sutton/Shearer that it's kinda irrelevant.

Best Bitter.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #130199 on: September 12, 2017, 12:32:41 PM »

IMO Sutton's just as qualified as Shearer, Murphy and the rest of the nodding dogs that sit on the BBC's furniture if you're going to base it on his playing career.

But ffs why do they want a cantankerous, narrow-minded, obstinate curmudgeon constantly & obtusely arguing with poor old Chappers and Jason Mohammed? It's not good TV.

nirvana has a TV gig?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 8676 8677 8678 8679 [8680] 8681 8682 8683 8684 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: