blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:23:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8693 8694 8695 8696 [8697] 8698 8699 8700 8701 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13412185 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #130440 on: October 07, 2017, 12:44:11 PM »

Renault announce that Palmer is out after Japan, Sainz coming in for the last four races ahead of joining for 2018

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Peter-27

View Profile
« Reply #130441 on: October 08, 2017, 04:55:23 AM »

Renault announce that Palmer is out after Japan, Sainz coming in for the last four races ahead of joining for 2018

The Renault board is utterly laughable. But anyway ..

Haven't had time to post any bets this weekend, but this is what I've just done (for those of you that are up!)

Podium Finish - Esteban Ocon. £5. Unlikely, but price of 45/1 with BetStars is out of line.
Podium Finish - Daniel Ricciardo. £25. Due to high track temps, Daniel should be lower than EVS. Various bookies.
Not To Finish The Race - Lewis Hamilton.  Overdue, only one of two drivers to not have a DNF all season. Price makes this worth betting on. 7/1, Ladbrokes & Coral. £10.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #130442 on: October 08, 2017, 05:22:29 AM »

Overdue? He had enough of those last season. Smiley

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Peter-27

View Profile
« Reply #130443 on: October 08, 2017, 05:59:02 AM »

Lewis only had two DNF's last season, which was very, very good when compared with everyone else.

Peter-27

View Profile
« Reply #130444 on: October 08, 2017, 07:53:04 AM »

The Renault board is utterly laughable. But anyway ..

Haven't had time to post any bets this weekend, but this is what I've just done (for those of you that are up!)

Podium Finish - Esteban Ocon. £5. Unlikely, but price of 45/1 with BetStars is out of line.
Podium Finish - Daniel Ricciardo. £25. Due to high track temps, Daniel should be lower than EVS. Various bookies.
Not To Finish The Race - Lewis Hamilton.  Overdue, only one of two drivers to not have a DNF all season. Price makes this worth betting on. 7/1, Ladbrokes & Coral. £10.

£10 profit overall. Needed that, have been on a poor run lately, and all season actually  Angry

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #130445 on: October 08, 2017, 08:09:41 AM »

Lewis only had two DNF's last season, which was very, very good when compared with everyone else.

apart from Nico... 

7/1 isn't even a great price on either of the Mercedes to retire.  Betting on something because it hasn't happened for a while seems like wonky thinking.   

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #130446 on: October 08, 2017, 08:17:20 AM »

https://www.oddschecker.com/american-football/nfl/buffalo-bills-at-cincinnati-bengals/to-score-longest-field-goal

Prices are the wrong way round for me. Bills have a more reliable and bigger legged kicker than the Bengals. Price partly reflects that the Bengals are favourite by 3 points* but getting Evens has a faint whiff of value nevertheless.

Would need someone to accommodate Fred, as it is with Ireland's finest turf accountant. Small bet only (appreciate that's the only option for most anyway): £20 would do.

* I think Bills +3 is generous too. Syndicates have been on Cincy all week, but the weight of bets from the public has kept the handicap static. I'm with the baying mob on this one, as the Bills pass rush will be having extensive discussions with Mr Dalton.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 08:20:19 AM by Tal » Logged

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Peter-27

View Profile
« Reply #130447 on: October 08, 2017, 08:31:02 AM »

apart from Nico... 

7/1 isn't even a great price on either of the Mercedes to retire.  Betting on something because it hasn't happened for a while seems like wonky thinking.   

Indeed. Nico had one. Ricciardo actually finished every race, and Perez classified in every race.

Not sure I entirely agree, law of averages suggests every car will have at least one mechanical failure during the season. I think I would always be happy to take 7/1 at this stage of the season on a car which has yet to suffer retirement. Happy to be convinced otherwise though, as I'm not 100% confident in my logic there.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #130448 on: October 08, 2017, 11:25:26 AM »

apart from Nico... 

Indeed. Nico had one. Ricciardo actually finished every race, and Perez classified in every race.

Not sure I entirely agree, law of averages suggests every car will have at least one mechanical failure during the season. I think I would always be happy to take 7/1 at this stage of the season on a car which has yet to suffer retirement. Happy to be convinced otherwise though, as I'm not 100% confident in my logic there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_averages

Depending on context or application it can be considered a valid common-sense observation or a misunderstanding of probability. This notion can lead to fallacious thinking when one becomes convinced that a particular outcome must come soon simply because it has not occurred recently

At the start of the season, you can look at all the stats and decide Lewis is going to retire one race in ten (or whatever it is), so the odds on a retirement is 9/1.  If he doesn't retire in the first 9 races, that doesn't mean he is "due one" in the next race.  The odds are still going to be 9/1.  If anything, you could learn that maybe the Mercedes has got even more reliable than you thought, and that 9/1 is now too short.  There are always going to be occasions where retirement is more likely; like if the track is attritional, like Monaco; or the weather is really hot; or maybe the engine is reaching the end of its expected lifespan, but none of those will be because he is "due one".

I would say that the law of averages is right up there with "Momentum" as a bad reason to make a bet.  Will leave the momentum one to Camel, I can't hear that word in a commentary without thinking of The Camel these days.       

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130449 on: October 08, 2017, 11:29:52 AM »

What's the situation with unibet for you guys?

They have Austin Sefarian-Jenkins best priced (along with 365) to score anytime vs the Browns today. He's had a decent amount of the target share (around 25% of the top of my head) over the last few weeks and the Browns are awful against the TE conceding in 3 of the 4 games so far to that position, and twice they've allowed 2 TD games from the TE. He's a man I've backed since he came back from suspension to no avail so far, if he can't do it today then I'm off him for the season, but I this should be the week for him. I've also had a little nibble on him 2+ at 25/1 on 365, same odds at Unibet (not good for Tikay but could be for others) - If not he's still pretty well priced elsewhere - https://www.oddschecker.com/american-football/nfl/new-york-jets-at-cleveland-browns/anytime-touchdown-scorer - If you can't get the 11/4 then anything over two spades is still a go IMO. He has the momentum and the law of averages suggests he'll get one soon

£20 at 11/4

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #130450 on: October 08, 2017, 12:35:06 PM »

apart from Nico... 

This is like saying evens on red must be value because there have been 10 blacks in a row in roulette?
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #130451 on: October 08, 2017, 09:37:08 PM »

https://www.oddschecker.com/american-football/nfl/buffalo-bills-at-cincinnati-bengals/to-score-longest-field-goal

Prices are the wrong way round for me. Bills have a more reliable and bigger legged kicker than the Bengals. Price partly reflects that the Bengals are favourite by 3 points* but getting Evens has a faint whiff of value nevertheless.

Would need someone to accommodate Fred, as it is with Ireland's finest turf accountant. Small bet only (appreciate that's the only option for most anyway): £20 would do.

* I think Bills +3 is generous too. Syndicates have been on Cincy all week, but the weight of bets from the public has kept the handicap static. I'm with the baying mob on this one, as the Bills pass rush will be having extensive discussions with Mr Dalton.

The field goal bet won, I believe, if anyone had it.

Bills +3 didn't.

4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #130452 on: October 08, 2017, 09:42:52 PM »

What's the situation with unibet for you guys?

They have Austin Sefarian-Jenkins best priced (along with 365) to score anytime vs the Browns today. He's had a decent amount of the target share (around 25% of the top of my head) over the last few weeks and the Browns are awful against the TE conceding in 3 of the 4 games so far to that position, and twice they've allowed 2 TD games from the TE. He's a man I've backed since he came back from suspension to no avail so far, if he can't do it today then I'm off him for the season, but I this should be the week for him. I've also had a little nibble on him 2+ at 25/1 on 365, same odds at Unibet (not good for Tikay but could be for others) - If not he's still pretty well priced elsewhere - https://www.oddschecker.com/american-football/nfl/new-york-jets-at-cleveland-browns/anytime-touchdown-scorer - If you can't get the 11/4 then anything over two spades is still a go IMO. He has the momentum and the law of averages suggests he'll get one soon

£20 at 11/4

Good call Cavey. Glad your man didn't let us down this time. tyvm.
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130453 on: October 08, 2017, 10:28:56 PM »

It's about darn time. I've also backed Mixon and Mccaffrey the last two weeks and gave up on them this week... The inevitable happened with them two. But at least ASJ came in!

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #130454 on: October 09, 2017, 03:56:19 PM »

After all the fun with Marathon, the Ravens/Raiders bet lost. Was toast when the Ravens went bonkers in the first quarter.

On the plus side, the Panthers look good. They play Thursday night against the high flying Eagles.

Pages: 1 ... 8693 8694 8695 8696 [8697] 8698 8699 8700 8701 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: