blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:02:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 9114 9115 9116 9117 [9118] 9119 9120 9121 9122 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13408863 times)
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #136755 on: October 17, 2019, 06:01:37 PM »

6pm kick off on a Sunday, less than 48 hours after we've played at Wolves, what in the actual fuck is this scheduling?

Best Bitter.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #136756 on: October 17, 2019, 06:18:30 PM »

As far as I can see, every Premier League game on Boxing Day & the following day will be on Amazon Sport, & none of them on Sky or BT.

Thursday December 26

12:30 Tottenham v Brighton (Amazon Prime Sport)

15:00 AFC Bournemouth v Arsenal (Amazon Prime Sport)

15:00 Aston Villa v Norwich (Amazon Prime Sport)

15:00 Chelsea v Southampton (Amazon Prime Sport)

15:00 Crystal Palace v West Ham (Amazon Prime Sport)

15:00 Everton v Burnley (Amazon Prime Sport)

15:00 Sheff Utd v Watford (Amazon Prime Sport)

17:30 Man Utd v Newcastle (Amazon Prime Sport)

20:00 Leicester v Liverpool (Amazon Prime Sport)

Friday December 27

19:45 Wolves v Man City (Amazon Prime Sport)

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #136757 on: October 17, 2019, 07:51:27 PM »

It's a complete clusterfuck.
I know match attending fans have been an afterthought for years but this is beyond a joke.

8pm on Boxing day?
6pm on a Sunday between Xmas and NY?

I'm glad City have released a statement expressing their dismay at the scheduling, something all clubs and fans should be able to agree on.

We are Amazon Prime's bitches.

Best Bitter.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #136758 on: October 17, 2019, 07:58:58 PM »

It's pretty terrible for real fans, yeah.

Can't really blame Prime, it's just business, but the football authorities are guilty of pure greed. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #136759 on: October 17, 2019, 08:14:28 PM »

Can't really blame Prime, it's just business, but the football authorities are guilty of pure greed. 

And what about us plastic fans?

Best Bitter.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #136760 on: October 17, 2019, 08:15:08 PM »

And what about us plastic fans?

Nobody cares.

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #136761 on: October 18, 2019, 12:39:54 PM »

It's a complete clusterfuck.
I know match attending fans have been an afterthought for years but this is beyond a joke.

8pm on Boxing day?
6pm on a Sunday between Xmas and NY?

I'm glad City have released a statement expressing their dismay at the scheduling, something all clubs and fans should be able to agree on.

We are Amazon Prime's bitches.

Welcome to our world. Scotland gets the added bonus of our games being scheduled around English ones, 12:00 Sunday kickoffs in Dingwall not unusual, that's a 4 1/2 hour drive for me.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #136762 on: October 18, 2019, 01:05:06 PM »

Paging Ant & Plumpy.

Palace play Man City in Saturday's Late game.

Palace, in 6th, sit exactly 2 points behind Man City, & the current mid-prices for the game are;

Palace 10/1

Draw  5/1

Man City  2/9

Meanwhile, on Sunday, Man U, at home to Liverpool, are 4/1 in places.

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #136763 on: October 18, 2019, 08:23:04 PM »

Paging Ant & Plumpy.

Palace play Man City in Saturday's Late game.

Palace, in 6th, sit exactly 2 points behind Man City, & the current mid-prices for the game are;

Palace 10/1

Draw  5/1

Man City  2/9

Meanwhile, on Sunday, Man U, at home to Liverpool, are 4/1 in places.

I think we'll win, but I wouldn't touch us at 2/9.
Couple of players returning from injury, and I think the international break came at a good time for the squad.
Watford faced the backlash after our defeat at Norwich, but Palace usually give us a good, close game (or failing that, kick the shit out of us)

Palace look the more value option for sure, though Ant may think otherwise.

Surprised united aren't bigger than that tbh. Liverpool (sadly) look pretty unstoppable so far and this united squad and coaching set up are dreadful and woefully inept.
We need a favour from them but I don't hold out much hope for that.

Best Bitter.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #136764 on: October 19, 2019, 12:27:06 AM »

Palace about a third the price Wolves were a couple of weeks ago.

They've run massively good to be where they are currently. Backlash coming I feel.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #136765 on: October 19, 2019, 12:44:37 AM »

They've run massively good to be where they are currently. Backlash coming I feel.

They also seem to play a lot better away from home.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #136766 on: October 19, 2019, 01:14:48 AM »

The big point about Palace is that we are finally playing 1 up front with Zaha on the wing and on top of that we are no longer bringing on Benteke for Ayew for anymore than 5 mins, in recent games anyway. This is important as I think the side now actually believe we have a capable striker leading the line we can trust to potentially finish a chance rather than the numerous times I have seen midfielders ignore Benteke knowing the chance would come to nothing if he attempts a finish. Also the side are perkier for it.

Benteke genuinely takes away from the hope in the side when he comes on. Rewarding him with a contract extension was baffling, I'm hoping not on anywhere near similar wages but he's gonna be getting paid too much.

This dynamic of Ayew up top and Zaha as an out and out winger has only been in for the last 3 or 4 games and has matched our solid form. Cahill coming in has added real class to an already very solid centre back squad we hold. Van aanholt and ward are solid enough but do often get caught out positionally. Our midfield is solid as well without any shining class centrally but Zaha is our obvious threat. Townsend isn't even getting a starting nod for us probably as Hodgson would rather one wing to be a little more defensive than both be caught out attacking wise, but I think it is a bit harsh. Obviously up front we are light. Ayew is good with underrated hold up and link up capability without being amazing. He definitely doesn't let the side down though and that is rare of a Palace side to see in a striker. When Batshuyai came in we saw what he was capable of in this side geared towards the lone striker and I would love for the missing piece to be filled in January.

Points wise I'd say we are par rather than running well. The 4 points we robbed from man u and West ham away we dropped from Everton and Wolves at home.

Our next 5 games are very tough. However we do enjoy those underdog dynamic games and with points already on the board the pressure is off and I expect us to pick up points.

I think Man City are a different team without De Bruyne. Him not playing against wolves was probably the difference but he returns.Of course Fernandinho at CB isn't great for City.

I do think Palace are worth a small nibble here at the price of 10/1+ but nothing really to write home about.

On a backlash coming I instead see it the other way as we are finally feeling settled up top with Ayew, plus Zaha has readjusted mentally to staying with us with his performances coming on lately laying the foundation of us being more solid. Of course I could be made to look silly because of our fixture list and if Ayew gets a niggle we are screwed. Also how we were dismantled by Spurs was very worrying but that did involve a very very very out of form Sakho starting for us which destabilised everything.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #136767 on: October 19, 2019, 01:22:30 AM »

They also seem to play a lot better away from home.

I think that could change this season with the Ultras in full voice at home  with the whole centre bottom half of the Holmesdale stand theirs lending to a much better atmosphere than last season and the settled team dynamic I explained above. We should have beaten both Wolves and Everton at home and got results against Villa and Norwich in convincing albeit tight wins generally because of our finishing incapability but we could always get some run good there.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136768 on: October 19, 2019, 09:25:48 AM »

The big point about Palace is that we are finally playing 1 up front with Zaha on the wing and on top of that we are no longer bringing on Benteke for Ayew for anymore than 5 mins, in recent games anyway. This is important as I think the side now actually believe we have a capable striker leading the line we can trust to potentially finish a chance rather than the numerous times I have seen midfielders ignore Benteke knowing the chance would come to nothing if he attempts a finish. Also the side are perkier for it.

Benteke genuinely takes away from the hope in the side when he comes on. Rewarding him with a contract extension was baffling, I'm hoping not on anywhere near similar wages but he's gonna be getting paid too much.

This dynamic of Ayew up top and Zaha as an out and out winger has only been in for the last 3 or 4 games and has matched our solid form. Cahill coming in has added real class to an already very solid centre back squad we hold. Van aanholt and ward are solid enough but do often get caught out positionally. Our midfield is solid as well without any shining class centrally but Zaha is our obvious threat. Townsend isn't even getting a starting nod for us probably as Hodgson would rather one wing to be a little more defensive than both be caught out attacking wise, but I think it is a bit harsh. Obviously up front we are light. Ayew is good with underrated hold up and link up capability without being amazing. He definitely doesn't let the side down though and that is rare of a Palace side to see in a striker. When Batshuyai came in we saw what he was capable of in this side geared towards the lone striker and I would love for the missing piece to be filled in January.

Points wise I'd say we are par rather than running well. The 4 points we robbed from man u and West ham away we dropped from Everton and Wolves at home.

Our next 5 games are very tough. However we do enjoy those underdog dynamic games and with points already on the board the pressure is off and I expect us to pick up points.

I think Man City are a different team without De Bruyne. Him not playing against wolves was probably the difference but he returns.Of course Fernandinho at CB isn't great for City.

I do think Palace are worth a small nibble here at the price of 10/1+ but nothing really to write home about.

On a backlash coming I instead see it the other way as we are finally feeling settled up top with Ayew, plus Zaha has readjusted mentally to staying with us with his performances coming on lately laying the foundation of us being more solid. Of course I could be made to look silly because of our fixture list and if Ayew gets a niggle we are screwed. Also how we were dismantled by Spurs was very worrying but that did involve a very very very out of form Sakho starting for us which destabilised everything.

He really got a contract extention ?    Wow.   Amazing.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #136769 on: October 20, 2019, 12:43:26 PM »

Pep has always said he'd start 11 midfielders if he could, and we weren't far off that figure yesterday. A back 4 that have probably never even trained together, let alone played together, looked pretty assured throughout and limited Palace to scraps. Ederson at his best for the couple of chances they did create, but we mostly controlled the game and were deserving of the 3 points.

The Nazi was their best player, his straight right arm stop from Bernardo was a particular highlight of his many saves.

Decent performance against potentially tricky opponents, and if by some miracle our noisy neighbours can get a result today suddenly the table won't look too bad.

Best Bitter.
Pages: 1 ... 9114 9115 9116 9117 [9118] 9119 9120 9121 9122 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: