blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:29:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Independence Referendum
Poll
Question: Do you agree that Scotland should be an independent country?
Yes - because it would be better for the Scots
Yes - because the rest of the UK would be better off without the Scots
Don't really know
Don't care
No, the Union is a good thing

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 ... 114 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Independence Referendum  (Read 191346 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: September 11, 2014, 09:50:45 PM »

Who the fuck let George Galloway talk to our kids!!!  I have to despair.

I was thinking please let him be a yesser.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: September 11, 2014, 10:09:30 PM »

Who the fuck let George Galloway talk to our kids!!!  I have to despair.

I was thinking please let him be a yesser.

Only could be balanced if they brought Sheridan and they had a competition to be a bigger bell end
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1037 on: September 11, 2014, 10:30:13 PM »

Someone within the No camp has let slip some of the planned announcements over the next few days.

"If you vote Yes, the Ebola virus will come to Scotland"

"If you vote Yes, Jimmy Savile will rise from the dead and hunt Scottish Children"

"If you vote Yes, Berti Vogts will return as Scotland manager"
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: September 11, 2014, 10:39:46 PM »

Someone within the No camp has let slip some of the planned announcements over the next few days.

"If you vote Yes, the Ebola virus will come to Scotland"

"If you vote Yes, Jimmy Savile will rise from the dead and hunt Scottish Children"

"If you vote Yes, Berti Vogts will return as Scotland manager"

NOOOOOOOOO don't mind the first 2 but save me from berti please

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: September 11, 2014, 11:19:30 PM »

in the last hour 3 of my friends have announced changing there votes all from NO to YES one of them is born and bred in Bolton and was the least likely person I know to switch she has a massive No sign in her back garden

her reason was "why are the English MPs so desperate for Scotland to stay"

OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: September 11, 2014, 11:20:43 PM »

Just wondering, I don't know much about corporation tax and parties say polar opposites, but the HMRC website says the following:

If your company or organisation is based in the UK, you'll have to pay Corporation Tax on all your taxable profits - wherever in the world those profits come from.
If your company isn't based in the UK but operates in the UK - for example through an office or branch (known to HMRC as a 'permanent establishment') - you'll only have to pay Corporation Tax on any taxable profits arising from your UK activities.

Is Alex Salmond or the no campaign right on who would get the corporation tax for scottish activities if the is south? Not sure if that constitutes a permanent establishment in Scotland or how that works for an independent Scotland? Any experts? In my reading Scotland independent would be classed as anywhere else in the world and therefore corporation tax would be payable to the UK?
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: September 11, 2014, 11:25:15 PM »

Just wondering, I don't know much about corporation tax and parties say polar opposites, but the HMRC website says the following:

If your company or organisation is based in the UK, you'll have to pay Corporation Tax on all your taxable profits - wherever in the world those profits come from.
If your company isn't based in the UK but operates in the UK - for example through an office or branch (known to HMRC as a 'permanent establishment') - you'll only have to pay Corporation Tax on any taxable profits arising from your UK activities.

Is Alex Salmond or the no campaign right on who would get the corporation tax for scottish activities if the is south? Not sure if that constitutes a permanent establishment in Scotland or how that works for an independent Scotland? Any experts? In my reading Scotland independent would be classed as anywhere else in the world and therefore corporation tax would be payable to the UK?

currently lots of companies work out of the UK but they have there "bases" in Ireland so pay taxes etc in Ireland and get away with not paying the full amount of tax they should in this country

same will happen if Scotland votes yes companies will decide if its better to pay taxes in Scotland or rUK and will work out ways to pay the least depending where that is

OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: September 11, 2014, 11:34:08 PM »

currently lots of companies work out of the UK but they have there "bases" in Ireland so pay taxes etc in Ireland and get away with not paying the full amount of tax they should in this country

same will happen if Scotland votes yes companies will decide if its better to pay taxes in Scotland or rUK and will work out ways to pay the least depending where that is

Is that hinged on ? If they domicile in England to make sure they have protection of the Bank of England/UK govt if they need bailed out I would assume they would need to pay tax in the UK? Otherwise what is in it for BoE/UK govt
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 11:36:24 PM by OverTheBorder » Logged
Somerled

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1043 on: September 11, 2014, 11:58:15 PM »

Salmond slapsdown Nick Robinson of the BBC and is applauded by the gathered international media who also see through the BBC lies. 

the applause was from the SNP Cheerleaders in the audience NOT the world's media.
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: September 12, 2014, 12:45:40 AM »

Salmond slapsdown Nick Robinson of the BBC and is applauded by the gathered international media who also see through the BBC lies. 

the applause was from the SNP Cheerleaders in the audience NOT the world's media.

How it was reported by the BBC -

The BBC's bias has been shocking throughout this referendum campaign.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: September 12, 2014, 01:21:55 AM »

Rod so the BBC ask a question, salmonella answers a totally different question with the same old propaganda, the BBC report they asked a question and that salmonella didn't answer it. I don't see that as biased

DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: September 12, 2014, 04:47:14 AM »

Gotta give Salmond come credit on his handling of the media. He manages to answer a completely different question to the one has was asked, then pulls a huge misdirection coup with the whole 'insider trading' think that gets the home fans chipring.

I bet after all that, not even Nick Robinson could have told you what the original question was

Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: September 12, 2014, 07:18:07 AM »

Rod so the BBC ask a question, salmonella answers a totally different question with the same old propaganda, the BBC report they asked a question and that salmonella didn't answer it. I don't see that as biased

Salmonella, really? 

Politicians or all parties answer what they want to answer, why Should Salmond continue to answer the BBC's questions only for them to report something completely different. 

The only propoganda is the state sponsored media.  AS has been stated before the West of Scotland University carried out research and concluded there was a bias in the reporting of BBC/STV but moreso BBC.  That Bias has continued to grow, I mean look at yesterday for example with Charlie Mayfield.  He never once said prices would increase but the BBC report that he did.

The evening before they reported that RBS were moving H'dQ to England, only to have this rubbished by Ross McEwan in his letter to staff, did the BBC apologise or correct this?  No, they never and only after Salmond slapped down Nick "tory boy" Robinson did they correct their online print. 

The BBC have been complicit since the day dot, they have covered up more establishment bias than possibly any other UK media outlet.  They have helped cover the tracks of beasts and paedophiles, misdirected the entire nation on what was happening in Palestine. 

All I can say is I am glad I don't pay the license fee and if I did, I wouldn't be paying it in the future. 
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: September 12, 2014, 07:55:14 AM »

Salmonella, really?  

Politicians or all parties answer what they want to answer, why Should Salmond continue to answer the BBC's questions only for them to report something completely different.  

The only propoganda is the state sponsored media.  AS has been stated before the West of Scotland University carried out research and concluded there was a bias in the reporting of BBC/STV but moreso BBC.  That Bias has continued to grow, I mean look at yesterday for example with Charlie Mayfield.  He never once said prices would increase but the BBC report that he did.

The evening before they reported that RBS were moving H'dQ to England, only to have this rubbished by Ross McEwan in his letter to staff, did the BBC apologise or correct this?  No, they never and only after Salmond slapped down Nick "tory boy" Robinson did they correct their online print.  

The BBC have been complicit since the day dot, they have covered up more establishment bias than possibly any other UK media outlet.  They have helped cover the tracks of beasts and paedophiles, misdirected the entire nation on what was happening in Palestine.  

All I can say is I am glad I don't pay the license fee and if I did, I wouldn't be paying it in the future.  

Not sure you can have a high horse for name calling.

Let's examine what alex actually said:

You are biased and have an agenda
What happened was illegal and the cabinet enquiry will follow
Corporation tax will be received in Scotland

So 1 he can never prove, 2 was thrown out as wrong by 10pm and 3 is debatable

The problem with salmond is he talks great regardless of the accuracy of his statement. The video is only shared by nationalists as it is effectively no better than other slanted shares. Misinformation said with passion and presented well is still misinformation. I do not believe it deserved national airtime. Had he answered the question asked and eased the fears of people then it should have been. The RBS letter to staff has been reported separately by BBC. Nothing to see here.

I watched it and felt embarrassed by the BBC. 4 hours later I had researched it and realised it was just more wonderfully presented diversion from the real issues.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 07:57:04 AM by OverTheBorder » Logged
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: September 12, 2014, 09:07:56 AM »

I think the BBC gets most things about right.  In the latest conflict in Gaza you have had both sides grouching loudly about bias.  My right wing friends think it is a dreadful place full of lefties, my left wing friends are always moaning about some demo covered incorrectly or some pro establishment bias.  They are bound to get the odd thing wrong, and am sure both sides can produce a list, but that isn't the same as any systematic bias.   

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 ... 114 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: