blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:46:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Independence Referendum
Poll
Question: Do you agree that Scotland should be an independent country?
Yes - because it would be better for the Scots
Yes - because the rest of the UK would be better off without the Scots
Don't really know
Don't care
No, the Union is a good thing

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 ... 114 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Independence Referendum  (Read 191241 times)
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #975 on: September 11, 2014, 12:01:10 PM »

Ooh the irony

Anybody else always reminded of the Nazi Eagle when visiting that site?

If KMAC had his way all Tory voters would have to wear Cs and have their wealth removed.

Still hasn't substantiated his slur on the standard life boss, other than lazy sharing of yes propoganda.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #976 on: September 11, 2014, 12:01:10 PM »

Scotsman comes out on the no side

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-29154239

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #977 on: September 11, 2014, 12:04:27 PM »

Ooh the irony

If KMAC had his way all Tory voters would have to wear Cs and have their wealth removed.

Still hasn't substantiated his slur on the standard life boss, other than lazy sharing of yes propoganda.

Not at all. 

Slur?  Ha. 
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #978 on: September 11, 2014, 12:05:07 PM »

Scotsman comes out on the no side

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-29154239

Shock horror. Who next the Torygraph.
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #979 on: September 11, 2014, 12:25:40 PM »

Ooh the irony

Not at all. 

Slur?  Ha. 

I would just like to see were he confirms his views on minimum wage and nhs? Apart from once (not now) being on the advisory Board (not company board), so having some input in a think tank. Doesn't seen worthy of spreading all over social media to defame his character.
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #980 on: September 11, 2014, 12:32:08 PM »

Oooft, Salmond rips Nick Robinson a new arsehole at his press conference. 

Calls out the BBC/Treasury Spokesperson who leaked market sensitive information last night. 
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #981 on: September 11, 2014, 12:33:59 PM »

Ooh the irony

Not at all. 

Slur?  Ha. 

I would just like to see were he confirms his views on minimum wage and nhs? Apart from once (not now) being on the advisory Board (not company board), so having some input in a think tank. Doesn't seen worthy of spreading all over social media to defame his character.

http://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2014/09/standard-life-far-right-board/
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #982 on: September 11, 2014, 12:39:23 PM »

Ooh the irony

Not at all. 

Slur?  Ha. 

http://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2014/09/standard-life-far-right-board/

I read that, he is not impartial and shows no links. This is exactly the link I read which I assumed was your "source".
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #983 on: September 11, 2014, 12:45:08 PM »

Who is impartial?
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #984 on: September 11, 2014, 12:56:41 PM »

Who is impartial?

There is levels of impartiality. Quoting Wings over Scotland or Craig Murray is the polar end for your side.  In the same way as quoting better together is on the flip side.

I am just trying to highlight my belief that you simply regurgitate material taken from all the Yes sites and do not have any genuine research of your own or any independent thought. You are the one going door to door for "the cause". You shared a link to I assume discredit Standard Life which is a false statement hurriedly typed up or retyped by the yes campaign to fight for FB newsfeed space which is clogged with read stories based on actual news releases by real businesses.
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #985 on: September 11, 2014, 01:10:56 PM »

Who is impartial?

There is levels of impartiality. Quoting Wings over Scotland or Craig Murray is the polar end for your side.  In the same way as quoting better together is on the flip side.

I am just trying to highlight my belief that you simply regurgitate material taken from all the Yes sites and do not have any genuine research of your own or any independent thought. You are the one going door to door for "the cause". You shared a link to I assume discredit Standard Life which is a false statement hurriedly typed up or retyped by the yes campaign to fight for FB newsfeed space which is clogged with read stories based on actual news releases by real businesses.

Or drip fedby UK govt, did you see Ross McEwans comments.

Also this is not an arguement I cpme across on the many doorsteps I have been on.
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #986 on: September 11, 2014, 01:27:42 PM »

Who is impartial?

Or drip fedby UK govt, did you see Ross McEwans comments.

Also this is not an arguement I cpme across on the many doorsteps I have been on.

I assume you are campaigning in SNP heartland then. That's the problem with the yes campaign. You have chosen a tact that is alienating everyone but the working class. This "nothing to lose" mentality. I thought we were working together for a better Scotland? Nothing I view on social media engages me to think I am part of this process, as the financial industry which employees 100s of thousands and is relied on by millions for savings, investments and mortgages is the area most uncertain. Telling people you will pay for their removal van will not help this. Nor will parking a yes van in my garden and keeping me up singing songs either lol

Trust me, the "fuck em they caused this mess attitude" will lose considerably more votes than it gains.  My neighbour at work is finally cracking after 3 weeks of battling me. I expect similar elsewhere.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #987 on: September 11, 2014, 01:48:25 PM »

A letter by the Governor of the Bank of England shows that an independent Scotland would require "huge reserves" of sterling, a senior MP has said.

Treasury Select Committee chairman Andrew Tyrie recieved the letter from Mark Carney today. It outlines the reserves held by Hong Kong, Denmark, Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania - all of which have adopted another currency outside a formal currency union or are pegged to another currency.

Mr Tyrie said: "The Governor’s letter demonstrates that, whatever currency arrangement is chosen, a separate Scotland would require huge reserves.

"The Governor noted that £15bn would be at the 'upper end of the range' that Scotland might reasonably inherit as reserves. Scotland would need a multiple of that. The comparisons with Denmark and Hong Kong in the Governor’s note say it all.

"Meeting the shortfall in reserves means that Scotland would, as the Governor also pointed out, face ‘real fiscal costs’.

"Scotland’s ability to borrow would be heavily restricted. Obtaining the reserves would mean much higher taxes or lower spending, or both, for years to come."

It follows the news that two of Britain’s biggest banks have made contingency plans to leave Scotland in the event of a ‘yes’ vote in the independence referendum.

The Royal Bank of Scotland has announced it will consider moving its headquarters to London if Scotland becomes independent after the vote in September 18th.

Meanwhile, Lloyds Banking Group confirmed it was considering shifting its business away from Scotland. “We have contingency plans in place which include the establishment of new legal entities in England," the bank said.

Business Secretary Vince Cable told MPs this morning an independent Scotland "would not be able to support" large financial institutions, while his Labour counterpart Chuka Umunna warned of a "lorry-load of uncertainty" in the banking sector.

Mr Tyrie said: "RBS and Lloyds appear to have concluded that this would be unrealistic for Scotland even to attempt and that therefore a separate Scotland could not provide a credible guarantee for deposits.

"That is probably why RBS and Lloyds have announced that they would move their headquarters following Scottish independence. They would need to protect their customers and shareholders."

Alex Salmond accused the Treasury of leaking the details of the RBS move.

"A totally extraordinary development in the campaign. There can be no greater difficulty for anyone in government to be caught briefing market sensitive information," he said.

"I will be writing to the Cabinet Secretary today to ask for an immediate investigation as to who in the treasury was briefing such information."

http://www.politicshome.com/uk/story/44254/

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #988 on: September 11, 2014, 01:50:12 PM »

Ooh the irony

65 pages in and Godwin's Law strikes.

I think most folks would have bought at <20

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #989 on: September 11, 2014, 01:52:06 PM »

We're all waiting for Kmac's 1000th post in which he reveals he is actually Alastair Darling and has been running a successful fifth column campaign.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 ... 114 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: