blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:45:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Arsenal FC a very promising story
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 ... 279 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arsenal FC a very promising story  (Read 604945 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: September 17, 2015, 04:41:27 PM »

Poor old Jack seems to be cursed, I'm hearing he needs another operation.

It really doesn't seem fair.

I don't buy this.  His lifestyle of drinking/clubbing/smoking will not be aiding his recovery after training/games.  You just can't operate in this league nowadays living a lifestyle like that at all.  The edges are too small.

Walcott obviously been reading the thread as he is on a goal streak.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: September 17, 2015, 06:56:29 PM »

I don't buy this.  His lifestyle of drinking/clubbing/smoking will not be aiding his recovery after training/games.  You just can't operate in this league nowadays living a lifestyle like that at all.  The edges are too small.

Do you not think that his drinking and smoking are a bit exaggerated by the press for whom he seems to be something of a whipping-boy?

Even if he does enjoy the occasional drink and a fag he's had a shocking trot of injuries over the last five years, each of them keeping him out for six months or more and seriously hindering his development. Very talented player too.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: September 17, 2015, 06:58:38 PM »

Do you not think that his drinking and smoking are a bit exaggerated by the press for whom he seems to be something of a whipping-boy?

Even if he does enjoy the occasional drink and a fag he's had a shocking trot of injuries over the last five years, each of them keeping him out for six months or more and seriously hindering his development. Very talented player too.

I am amazed smoking isn't classed as 'gross misconduct' for any EPL player in their contracts.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: September 17, 2015, 07:18:07 PM »

I am amazed smoking isn't classed as 'gross misconduct' for any EPL player in their contracts.

I agree.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: September 17, 2015, 07:36:12 PM »

I agree.

If a talented kid, with the potential to earn, say, £5 million a year for 10 to 12 years, can't make some sacrifices, it's a rum do.

In his case, I don't think it affects him & I agree, it's grossly exaggerated, but it's a fair point.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: September 17, 2015, 07:39:18 PM »

I agree.

If a talented kid, with the potential to earn, say, £5 million a year for 10 to 12 years, can't make some sacrifices, it's a rum do.

In his case, I don't think it affects him & I agree, it's grossly exaggerated, but it's a fair point.

It really does affect him.  It isn't just chance why he keeps getting injured.  Your recovery from elite level sport is slowed from poor sleeping patterns/smoking/drinking etc etc.  All this means you are way more likely to become injured in the future.  Obviously it is not 100% the cause but it certainly doesn't help.  By the very nature of this behaviour it would be fair to assume his diet is probably not up to the level expected either.  If you add in Horsey's views on the medical team (i have no opinon/knowledge on them) then it shouldn't be put down to bad luck imo.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 08:01:25 PM by arbboy » Logged
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: September 17, 2015, 07:43:03 PM »

Read two respected opinions today that the injury would have been underlying for at least the last 12 months and should/could have been picked up before

Have made my opinions well known about Arsenal and how they manage injuries before so wont repeat them...
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1147 on: September 17, 2015, 09:52:05 PM »

His injuries never seem to prevent him from getting his chips onto the roulette table at the G Luton.

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: September 18, 2015, 03:03:53 PM »

Arsenal 2014-15 finances: Pre-tax profit: £24.7m - up from £4.7m Turnover: £344.5m - up from £301.9m Cash reserves: £193m - up from £173m

Gazidis: Arsenal remain "true to our principles around being self-funding, investing in youth, our style of play &..delivering more success"

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: September 18, 2015, 03:08:43 PM »

His injuries never seem to prevent him from getting his chips onto the roulette table at the G Luton.

Good lad.

Nothing wrong with a spin on the wheel.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: September 18, 2015, 05:42:24 PM »

Arsenal 2014-15 finances: Pre-tax profit: £24.7m - up from £4.7m Turnover: £344.5m - up from £301.9m Cash reserves: £193m - up from £173m

Gazidis: Arsenal remain "true to our principles around being self-funding, investing in youth, our style of play &..delivering more success"

Very good, imo.

No short-term debt, & cash at bank £193,000,000.

Wage costs at 55.7% of revenue - how does that compare with the other top EPL clubs?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 06:22:56 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: September 18, 2015, 05:44:50 PM »

but, Arsenal is not a bank is it?

why hoard £193m unless you think the competitive climate (tv deals) etc is going to change?

i accept that it is difficult to get the players to improve on what they have, when you are in the same pool as real, barca, city,chelsea, utd and bayern to get those players

this i think is the huge frustration of many non cuckoo clock supporters

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: September 18, 2015, 05:46:50 PM »

193 million in bank means about £10 million a year in interest where some teams and spending £10 million on interest (ok maybe a slight exaggeration) 

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: September 18, 2015, 06:02:27 PM »

but, Arsenal is not a bank is it?

why hoard £193m unless you think the competitive climate (tv deals) etc is going to change?

i accept that it is difficult to get the players to improve on what they have, when you are in the same pool as real, barca, city,chelsea, utd and bayern to get those players

this i think is the huge frustration of many non cuckoo clock supporters

It's a business. Always good to have significant cash reserves. It's the duty of the Directors to maximise the earnings of the business, not please the fickle fans, the vast majority of whom never attend a match at Emirates. Do you not agree that many a football club fritter money away with poor value signings, fees & wages?

The Man U results were published yesterday, too, & as expected, their fans criticised the Glazers (fancy that) for taking dividends amount to £15 million.

One of the Man U Supporters Clubs or whatever they are called said something which had me in fits of laughter. 

The Glazers are a disgrace, that £15 million is costing us money in interest payments.

Note the use of the word "us" from someone representing people who do not hold shares in Man United FC. There's that entitlement thing again.

Presumably they like the idea of throwing money at the Transfer Market in the manner they have post SAF.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 06:05:38 PM by tikay » Logged

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: September 18, 2015, 06:24:17 PM »

Wenger-bashers seem to conveniently forget that although there might not be any short-term debt there is still considerable long-term debt as Ashburton Grove is not fully paid for yet.

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 ... 279 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: