blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:36:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Arsenal FC a very promising story
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 200 201 [202] 203 204 205 206 ... 279 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arsenal FC a very promising story  (Read 605088 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3015 on: September 02, 2017, 08:54:21 AM »

Arsene Wenger's fear of the void. There's something rotten in the culture of arsenal

https://www.standard.co.uk/comment/comment/jason-cowley-arsene-wenger-s-willful-blindness-is-leading-arsenal-into-the-abyss-a3625051.html

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3016 on: September 02, 2017, 10:16:24 AM »

This is pretty much it in a nutshell.

We all have to suffer because this bloke can't see what his life would be like with Arsenal/Football in his life.

Sorry AW, you really shouldn't be taking the rest of us down with you.

£100m in the bank should open some doors to keep yourself occupied old lad.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #3017 on: September 02, 2017, 05:50:54 PM »

Just got back and I have half-a-dozen missed calls from an unknown number...

Have you been in an accident recently that wasn't your fault Wink   Heard your question on the recent Arseblog podcast Ralph.  Nice to get read out.

Another joke end to a transfer window for us.  Where the hell do they get £90m from as a valuation anyway?  We bid £30m for him at the start of the window, now it's £90m?  You just know the "We tried to sign players in the window" line is coming up.  

We signed Lacazette and Kolasinac who are both quality players, sold Ox for an incredible £40M and we kept Alexis.

In a vacuum this would appear to be a good transfer window as we have strengthened in both attack and defence.

If the moonies hadn't been so arrogant and made their sensible offer a couple of days earlier then they would have got Alexis and we would have replaced him with Lemar.

The shambolic, spineless, and hapless performance last weekend aided by the ever-present media frenzy appears to have clouded many people's judgement.

lol incred comment.

Our interest in Sanchez had been very open and obvious all summer. Even with Wenger towing the 'he's not for sale' line, we were still in for him. It was actually your guy phoning our guy at 10am on deadline day suddenly wanting to do business. So who left it too late, City or Arsenal? Looks pretty clear cut to me. To chirp all summer about not selling him, only to then try and oust him on deadline day knowing full well you couldn't secure a replacement in time, but to use that as a convenient excuse as to why the deal didn't happen.....amateurish from north London. Plenty of City transfer sagas in recent memory we haven't come out looking too good but this debacle falls 100% at Arsenal's door.

The whole thing with Lemar was a joke and probably a smokescreen to try and placate the fans, though I'm sure the sensible ones could see right through this.

Enjoy having an unhappy Sanchez pulling on the jersey for the rest of the season before walking away on a free. Unless you still think there is a small chance he'll sign a new contract? lol

Best Bitter.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3018 on: September 02, 2017, 06:13:15 PM »

Ralph trying to convince himself Cheesy

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3019 on: September 02, 2017, 06:24:36 PM »

Have you been in an accident recently that wasn't your fault Wink   Heard your question on the recent Arseblog podcast Ralph.  Nice to get read out.

Another joke end to a transfer window for us.  Where the hell do they get £90m from as a valuation anyway?  We bid £30m for him at the start of the window, now it's £90m?  You just know the "We tried to sign players in the window" line is coming up. 

We signed Lacazette and Kolasinac who are both quality players, sold Ox for an incredible £40M and we kept Alexis.

In a vacuum this would appear to be a good transfer window as we have strengthened in both attack and defence.

If the moonies hadn't been so arrogant and made their sensible offer a couple of days earlier then they would have got Alexis and we would have replaced him with Lemar.

The shambolic, spineless, and hapless performance last weekend aided by the ever-present media frenzy appears to have clouded many people's judgement.

lol incred comment.

Our interest in Sanchez had been very open and obvious all summer. Even with Wenger towing the 'he's not for sale' line, we were still in for him. It was actually your guy phoning our guy at 10am on deadline day suddenly wanting to do business. So who left it too late, City or Arsenal? Looks pretty clear cut to me. To chirp all summer about not selling him, only to then try and oust him on deadline day knowing full well you couldn't secure a replacement in time, but to use that as a convenient excuse as to why the deal didn't happen.....amateurish from north London. Plenty of City transfer sagas in recent memory we haven't come out looking too good but this debacle falls 100% at Arsenal's door.

The whole thing with Lemar was a joke and probably a smokescreen to try and placate the fans, though I'm sure the sensible ones could see right through this.

Enjoy having an unhappy Sanchez pulling on the jersey for the rest of the season before walking away on a free. Unless you still think there is a small chance he'll sign a new contract? lol

Please feel free to enlighten me as to the exact timeframe of the bids you made - specifically the period between your £30M lowball "offer" and the more realistic £60M.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #3020 on: September 02, 2017, 06:41:14 PM »

Have you been in an accident recently that wasn't your fault Wink   Heard your question on the recent Arseblog podcast Ralph.  Nice to get read out.

Another joke end to a transfer window for us.  Where the hell do they get £90m from as a valuation anyway?  We bid £30m for him at the start of the window, now it's £90m?  You just know the "We tried to sign players in the window" line is coming up. 

lol incred comment.

Please feel free to enlighten me as to the exact timeframe of the bids you made - specifically the period between your £30M lowball "offer" and the more realistic £60M.

Please enlighten me as to why you suddenly wanted to do business at 10am on deadline? Actively ringing our guys to try and sell him. As I said, City interest was real and firm all summer despite the line that Wenger was towing.

That phonecall could've been made at any point as it was obvious we would've taken your unhappy player off your hands. Instead, and for whatever bizarre reason, Arsenal waited until 10am deadline day to do business. Then lament a lack of time to get a replacement in and pull out of the deal. Just a comedy of errors from your lot.

Shambolic and I think most level headed Arsenal fans realise this, certainly the level headed ones in here recognise it at least.

Best Bitter.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3021 on: September 02, 2017, 06:54:42 PM »

Have you been in an accident recently that wasn't your fault Wink   Heard your question on the recent Arseblog podcast Ralph.  Nice to get read out.

Another joke end to a transfer window for us.  Where the hell do they get £90m from as a valuation anyway?  We bid £30m for him at the start of the window, now it's £90m?  You just know the "We tried to sign players in the window" line is coming up.  

lol incred comment.

Please enlighten me as to why you suddenly wanted to do business at 10am on deadline? Actively ringing our guys to try and sell him. As I said, City interest was real and firm all summer despite the line that Wenger was towing.

That phonecall could've been made at any point as it was obvious we would've taken your unhappy player off your hands. Instead, and for whatever bizarre reason, Arsenal waited until 10am deadline day to do business. Then lament a lack of time to get a replacement in and pull out of the deal. Just a comedy of errors from your lot.

Shambolic and I think most level headed Arsenal fans realise this, certainly the level headed ones in here recognise it at least.

So you prefer to ignore my question about enlightenment in favour of fudging by repeating the moonie narrative.

When exactly was the bid for Alexis increased from £30M to £60M?

PS

Who was "our guy" that phoned at 10pm - did he leave his name? Is it possible that he was on the wind-up like your guy was with the £30M bid?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 07:03:17 PM by Karabiner » Logged

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #3022 on: September 02, 2017, 07:03:31 PM »

lol incred comment.

So you prefer to ignore my question about enlightenment in favour of fudging by repeating the moonie narrative.

We didn't even bid £60m, Arsenal contacted us agreeing to sell him for that amount providing they could find a replacement.....at 10am on deadline day. You don't need to wait for a bid to engage a transfer negotiation, not when the buyer clearly holds strong interest. Why not offer Sanchez to us for £60m last week? Or 2 weeks ago? Or last month?

I know you're trying to save face, like you do every time, but I think you're gonna struggle in this instance.

Shambolic.

Best Bitter.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #3023 on: September 02, 2017, 07:04:17 PM »

lol incred comment.

PS

Who was "our guy" that phoned at 10pm - did he leave his name? Is it possible that he was on the wind-up like your guy was with the £30M bid?

Kroenke or whatever he's called, and it was 10am.

Best Bitter.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #3024 on: September 02, 2017, 07:09:45 PM »

Here's a timeline of events for you Ralph, if you're struggling to keep up.

May - 30th August.....City very interested in Sanchez, despite Wenger's claims he won't be sold.

10am 31st August....Arsenal; right City, I know we've claimed all summer he's not available but you can have him for £60m on the proviso we can get someone else in.
                             City; Sold

4pm....Arsenal; shit, Lemar doesn't wanna join us, deal is off cos we can't sign a replacement in time.

Egg, meet face.

Best Bitter.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3025 on: September 02, 2017, 07:17:06 PM »

lol incred comment.

PS

I'm going to have to call Gatso on that one - they must be smoking mamba on the moonie forum.

If "Silent" Stan Kroenke actually called personally at 10pm asking for £60M I'll post a selfie wearing nothing but a citeh shirt with Nasri on it.

He never even utters a word at our annual AGM.

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #3026 on: September 02, 2017, 07:21:25 PM »

lol incred comment.

PS

I'm going to have to call Gatso on that one - they must be smoking mamba on the moonie forum.

If "Silent" Stan Kroenke actually called personally at 10pm asking for £60M I'll post a selfie wearing nothing but a citeh shirt with Nasri on it.

He never even utters a word at our annual AGM.

The other one then, Gazidis. I'm not au fait with the names of your big cheeses.

10am.

Best Bitter.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: September 02, 2017, 07:25:04 PM »

But hey, it was a good window for you cos you have Sanchez for another plus you never know, he might still sign an extension Wink

Best Bitter.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #3028 on: September 02, 2017, 11:14:04 PM »

Good to see all is still well in Karabiner's Arsenal garden.  I've seen blind devotion before but this is a new level!
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: September 02, 2017, 11:49:12 PM »

Good to see all is still well in Karabiner's Arsenal garden.  I've seen blind devotion before but this is a new level!

All is not well in my Arsenal garden but it's just nowhere near as bad as the propaganda spouted by sky/redtops and their blind devotees are making out.

Happy to take even money Arsenal finish in the top six.

Pages: 1 ... 198 199 200 201 [202] 203 204 205 206 ... 279 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: