blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:35:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Arsenal FC a very promising story
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 202 203 [204] 205 206 207 208 ... 279 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arsenal FC a very promising story  (Read 604998 times)
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #3045 on: September 04, 2017, 08:14:35 AM »

List of things Arsene Knows Best:

1. How to get dominated by every team and manager inside the top 6

2. How to leave contract renewals until the final year

3. How to faff about in transfer windows

4. How to get absolutely nowhere with his own self championed British core
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3046 on: September 04, 2017, 09:44:23 AM »

Good to see all is still well in Karabiner's Arsenal garden.  I've seen blind devotion before but this is a new level!

All is not well in my Arsenal garden but it's just nowhere near as bad as the propaganda spouted by sky/redtops and their blind devotees are making out.

Happy to take even money Arsenal finish in the top six.

Come off it Ralph -  sure the redtops/Sky etc go over board but it is  literally everyone. You sometimes  link to Tim Stilman on the Arseblog (IIRC he is your favourite Arsenal writer) and even he is at it. No doubt you will have seen this blog and i think it is v v good.

https://arseblog.com/2017/08/arsene-doesnt-know/

…"a great manager anticipates problems- or else gives the opposition so many issues that they don’t have the chance to expose those of his own team. A good manager solves problems, an average manager is just about able to paper over cracks via trial and error and a bad manager creates problems for his own players. Arsene, for my money, has transitioned into the final category over the last few months. The team is poorly coached and the administrative issues rife within the club show that it is poorly managed too. Wenger has turned down two opportunities to leave on a high and now Arsenal are locked in a loveless marriage driven by nothing more than a mutual fear of loneliness.

Of course AW has been a legend but do YOU really think AW is still up there with the other top coaches/managers?

I agree with Arseblog and Tim Stillman(to a certain extent) that it is almost definitely time for a change and the ideal scenario would have been for him to go out on a high after winning the cup in such tremendous style, but I also have way too much respect for Arsene Wenger as a man and for what he has done for our club to join the pack trying to hound him out.

As I have said before much of our current disarray is down to Kroenke, the board, and AW having to do three jobs at once.

The club has outgrown the now antiquated management structure.

Some people just cant admit they are wrong even they they are admitting they are wrong. Wink

Its ok, we are a happy bunch this side of the fence. You feel cleansed and uplifted, not believing in fairy tales anymore.

Welcome aboard Ralph

You are such a simpleton sometimes Angst - my stance has not changed in the slightest.

I've always said that I have complete faith in Arsene Wenger's loyalty and integrity - and that he has earned the right to keep the job if he thinks he's up to it.

I may not agree with or even understand some of his decisions but I am still of the same opinion that Arsene Knows Best.

To be fair if you continue to chant the mantra "Arsene knows best" you are likely the simpleton? 

It's just a reference to which side of the fence I am.

The Arsenal fanbase is divided into two groups, the WOB's (Wenger Out Brigade) and the AKB's (Arsene Knows Best).

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3047 on: September 04, 2017, 09:53:00 AM »

I gather Ralph is also a member of the Flat Earth Society. Wink

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
engy

View Profile
« Reply #3048 on: September 04, 2017, 10:17:34 AM »

Dominated by every team and manager in the top six? Haven't they finished in the top four for 17 of the last 18 year?

Didn't arsenal win one of the four trophies  that they could have won last year?
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3049 on: September 04, 2017, 11:16:05 AM »

Dominated by every team and manager in the top six? Haven't they finished in the top four for 17 of the last 18 year?

Didn't arsenal win one of the four trophies  that they could have won last year?

Not sure you understand the point engy.

As Arb has consistently pointed out, we are flat track bullies. We can only beat the teams well below us. It efficient, granted, but our record against the top six(our true rivals, and those we have to beat to achieve the ultimate prize) in the past few years, is nothing short of abysmal.

Yes, we did win the FA Cup last year, but after all is said and done, it was hardly a tough path to the final.

The point is we had the resources and the opportunity to capitalise over the last few years, and all the arguements we have listened to, now have a rather hollow ring to them.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3050 on: September 04, 2017, 11:22:29 AM »

Not sure you understand the point engy.

As Arb has consistently pointed out, we are flat track bullies. We can only beat the teams well below us. It efficient, granted, but our record against the top six(our true rivals, and those we have to beat to achieve the ultimate prize) in the past few years, is nothing short of abysmal.

Yes, we did win the FA Cup last year, but after all is said and done, it was hardly a tough path to the final.

The point is we had the resources and the opportunity to capitalise over the last few years, and all the arguements we have listened to, now have a rather hollow ring to them.

Well, 3 of the last 4 years actually.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3051 on: September 04, 2017, 11:30:02 AM »

Arsenal are great for the blonde post count - one unlucky defeat, in a game they utterly dominated, & it generated 3 pages of posts. Over in North London, Spurs got turned over at home & it barely generated comment, then the Man City team, which cost sixty squillion dropped a point at home to Everton & barely a word is said.

Arsenal play Liverpool on Sunday. Lose that, & blonde will have a record month for post count.

Win win.

Well maybe not a "record month", but the second consecutive defeat generated over 150 posts. The defeat to Stoke, as most neutrals would attest, was a game Arsenal dominated, the defeat to Liverpool was a real shocker, no excuses. So, whatever way we look at it, 2 consecutive defeats. They are home to Bournemouth next, lose that & blonde will explode.

Amazing how we love to finger point & celebrate failure, but ignore success. We are selective, too. Man City lost two on the bounce last December (1 of which was at home) & nobody said a word, the media was not full of "OMG, OMG, CRISIS" stuff.  The Man City boys are very noisy right now over Sanchez, of course. Why? Because, for once, waving their fat chequebook failed. They are not used to that.

A 4-0 defeat generated 150 posts on the Arsenal thread, but the 4-0 win did not get a single mention on the Liverpool thread. There's a thing. It seems we really do prefer to celebrate failure, & follow the media hype.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3052 on: September 04, 2017, 11:30:16 AM »

Crisis?

Let's take a look, just using facts.

We'll pick things up in mid April.

Premier League  - won 7 out of 8.

FA Cup - Beat Man City in the Semi Final, & Chelsea in the Final. (Arsenal never win v Top Six sides?) This was their 3rd FA Cup win in 4 years.

Community Shield - Beat Chelsea to win it for the third time in 4 years, their opponents being Chelsea (twice) & Manchester City.

Premier League 17/18. 1 win, 2 defeats. 

They did, of course, miss out on CL qualification - for the first time in 18 years.

That's a crisis?

We'd all like to see them do better, but I think we are losing our sense of perspective. 2 consecutive defeats does not make a crisis. Except at Arsenal.

Meanwhile, nobody wants to comment on Teams doing well.

Anyway, I can live with a Bournemouth defeat, as the blonde post count will go through the roof. Sadly, if Arsenal win, not a word will be said.

Funny old game.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3053 on: September 04, 2017, 11:37:13 AM »

Somehow I can just sense Plump Percy's fat fingers typing furiously......

« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 11:39:03 AM by tikay » Logged

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #3054 on: September 04, 2017, 11:39:03 AM »

Arsenal are great for the blonde post count - one unlucky defeat, in a game they utterly dominated, & it generated 3 pages of posts. Over in North London, Spurs got turned over at home & it barely generated comment, then the Man City team, which cost sixty squillion dropped a point at home to Everton & barely a word is said.

Arsenal play Liverpool on Sunday. Lose that, & blonde will have a record month for post count.

Win win.

Well maybe not a "record month", but the second consecutive defeat generated over 150 posts. The defeat to Stoke, as most neutrals would attest, was a game Arsenal dominated, the defeat to Liverpool was a real shocker, no excuses. So, whatever way we look at it, 2 consecutive defeats. They are home to Bournemouth next, lose that & blonde will explode.

Amazing how we love to finger point & celebrate failure, but ignore success. We are selective, too. Man City lost two on the bounce last December (1 of which was at home) & nobody said a word, the media was not full of "OMG, OMG, CRISIS" stuff.  The Man City boys are very noisy right now over Sanchez, of course. Why? Because, for once, waving their fat chequebook failed. They are not used to that.

A 4-0 defeat generated 150 posts on the Arsenal thread, but the 4-0 win did not get a single mention on the Liverpool thread. There's a thing. It seems we really do prefer to celebrate failure, & follow the media hype.

Ah Tikay Smiley you're right, when we get our fat chequebook out it usually means hello new signing.

And it would've meant exactly the same this time too, as a fee was agreed for Sanchez, so our fat chequebook worked again. Alas the deal didn't go through due to Arsenal being incompetent in the transfer market, and the general running of the club.

Rumours are we'll wave our fat chequebook in their faces in January and look to push through a deal then, but a lot depends on how the season has progressed by then. Quite happy to sit back and take Arsenal's best player for a generation off their hands for free in July.

Best Bitter.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #3055 on: September 04, 2017, 11:39:40 AM »

Know what the lotto numbers will be on Wednesday? Smiley

Best Bitter.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #3056 on: September 04, 2017, 11:39:47 AM »

It's not a crisis in that getting relegated would be a crisis, but it is in terms of we should be competing for the league and we're a million miles off being able to do that at the moment.     The FA Cup is a comp where teams put our their reserves until the later rounds.  We were fortunate enough to play two non league teams fairly late on in the competition.

We did improve a bit from April onwards, but that's having lost to West Brom, Crystal Palace, Watford and two terrible performances against Bayern Munich in the previous month or two effectively putting an end to our season.  We also lost to Liverpool and Chelsea of course but perhaps those could be expected - we don't win against the top 6 teams in the league.

Sitting Lacazette on the bench for the Liverpool game was bonkers.  I'm sure he has a reason but I'd love to know why our record signing brought in to score goals wasn't given the chance to play.

You can bet your life Pep will be under pressure if he fails to deliver a league title.  They've spent over £300m this transfer window to do so.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: September 04, 2017, 11:44:08 AM »

Easiest prediction ever. Wink

My worry is Archer, who is (usually) so logical, in fact I asked him to marry me once, as he is a rare example of someone who thinks & writes logically, rather like Tighty or Doobs.

He's gone a bit weird lately though, & got on the haters bandwagon, which is sad to see.

Anyway, the wedding is off, I'll make a play for Tighty or Doobs instead. 

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #3058 on: September 04, 2017, 11:45:47 AM »

Easiest prediction ever. Wink

My worry is Archer, who is (usually) so logical, in fact I asked him to marry me once, as he is a rare example of someone who thinks & writes logically, rather like Tighty or Doobs.

He's gone a bit weird lately though, & got on the haters bandwagon, which is sad to see.

Anyway, the wedding is off, I'll make a play for Tighty or Doobs instead. 

Yes, I wish I could put myself across as well and nicely as Archer does, but my education doesn't stretch that far.....innit.

I'm sure he'll be along soon..... Wink

Best Bitter.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3059 on: September 04, 2017, 11:46:23 AM »

It's not a crisis in that getting relegated would be a crisis, but it is in terms of we should be competing for the league and we're a million miles off being able to do that at the moment.     The FA Cup is a comp where teams put our their reserves until the later rounds.  We were fortunate enough to play two non league teams fairly late on in the competition.

We did improve a bit from April onwards, but that's having lost to West Brom, Crystal Palace, Watford and two terrible performances against Bayern Munich in the previous month or two effectively putting an end to our season.  We also lost to Liverpool and Chelsea of course but perhaps those could be expected - we don't win against the top 6 teams in the league.

Sitting Lacazette on the bench for the Liverpool game was bonkers.  I'm sure he has a reason but I'd love to know why our record signing brought in to score goals wasn't given the chance to play.

You can bet your life Pep will be under pressure if he fails to deliver a league title.  They've spent over £300m this transfer window to do so.

So they get zero credit for beating Chelsea & Manchester in the Semi & Final & taking the cup home for the 3rd year in 4?

Pages: 1 ... 200 201 202 203 [204] 205 206 207 208 ... 279 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: