blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:34:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Arsenal FC a very promising story
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 201 202 [203] 204 205 206 207 ... 279 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arsenal FC a very promising story  (Read 605087 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3030 on: September 02, 2017, 11:53:52 PM »

I'd be happy to take even money about a 1/4 shot Cheesy

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3031 on: September 02, 2017, 11:55:53 PM »

It's called blind devotion and thanks for killing my action pal.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3032 on: September 03, 2017, 12:00:14 AM »

Yeah, my bad. Apologies... I'm sure you'd have got Dung in for the lot, without him even thinking to look Cheesy

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3033 on: September 03, 2017, 12:24:42 AM »

Yeah, my bad. Apologies... I'm sure you'd have got Dung in for the lot, without him even thinking to look Cheesy

TBH, he thinks we are all idiots, yet good old Nero continues to fiddle while Rome burns.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #3034 on: September 03, 2017, 10:08:46 AM »

In turning down chelski's offer of £220k p/w. in favour of liverpoo's £120k p/w. it is fair to say that the Ox has subsidized his transfer to the tune of ~£20M+.

How much is the market price of those Jurgen Klopp cuddles?

Nice explanation about the Ox in the link below. The article also  covers Sanchez and I'm unsurprisingly in agreement with hhy albeit with differences about the timeline.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/was-this-the-week-arsenal-lost-theplot-zl80j0j6s

Click to see full-size image.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #3035 on: September 03, 2017, 10:19:51 AM »

Good to see all is still well in Karabiner's Arsenal garden.  I've seen blind devotion before but this is a new level!

All is not well in my Arsenal garden but it's just nowhere near as bad as the propaganda spouted by sky/redtops and their blind devotees are making out.

Happy to take even money Arsenal finish in the top six.

Come off it Ralph -  sure the redtops/Sky etc go over board but it is  literally everyone. You sometimes  link to Tim Stilman on the Arseblog (IIRC he is your favourite Arsenal writer) and even he is at it. No doubt you will have seen this blog and i think it is v v good.

https://arseblog.com/2017/08/arsene-doesnt-know/

…"a great manager anticipates problems- or else gives the opposition so many issues that they don’t have the chance to expose those of his own team. A good manager solves problems, an average manager is just about able to paper over cracks via trial and error and a bad manager creates problems for his own players. Arsene, for my money, has transitioned into the final category over the last few months. The team is poorly coached and the administrative issues rife within the club show that it is poorly managed too. Wenger has turned down two opportunities to leave on a high and now Arsenal are locked in a loveless marriage driven by nothing more than a mutual fear of loneliness.

Of course AW has been a legend but do YOU really think AW is still up there with the other top coaches/managers?

« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 10:33:37 AM by Archer » Logged
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #3036 on: September 03, 2017, 10:20:05 AM »

In turning down chelski's offer of £220k p/w. in favour of liverpoo's £120k p/w. it is fair to say that the Ox has subsidized his transfer to the tune of ~£20M+.

Nice explanation about the Ox in the link below. The article also  covers Sanchez and I'm unsurprisingly in agreement with hhy albeit with differences about the timeline.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/was-this-the-week-arsenal-lost-theplot-zl80j0j6s

Link an article that has a pay wall? Yeah cheers Archer, our owners might be filthy rich but some of us fans are just filthy Wink

Best Bitter.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3037 on: September 03, 2017, 10:22:51 AM »

I suspect that our changing room has a touch of Wengerism.

Much like racism and sexism, etc, it is a taboo subject.

All the players have a view but because in the Emirates corridors of power, no one ever says a word against AW, all the players are scared to speak out.

The only way to do so, and not be accused of bad mouthing the bloke that has done so much for us(in the distant past), is to get out while you career still has some saveability to it.

Good luck to you Ox, I for one will miss you.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3038 on: September 03, 2017, 11:09:06 AM »

Good to see all is still well in Karabiner's Arsenal garden.  I've seen blind devotion before but this is a new level!

All is not well in my Arsenal garden but it's just nowhere near as bad as the propaganda spouted by sky/redtops and their blind devotees are making out.

Come off it Ralph -  sure the redtops/Sky etc go over board but it is  literally everyone. You sometimes  link to Tim Stilman on the Arseblog (IIRC he is your favourite Arsenal writer) and even he is at it. No doubt you will have seen this blog and i think it is v v good.

…"a great manager anticipates problems- or else gives the opposition so many issues that they don’t have the chance to expose those of his own team. A good manager solves problems, an average manager is just about able to paper over cracks via trial and error and a bad manager creates problems for his own players. Arsene, for my money, has transitioned into the final category over the last few months. The team is poorly coached and the administrative issues rife within the club show that it is poorly managed too. Wenger has turned down two opportunities to leave on a high and now Arsenal are locked in a loveless marriage driven by nothing more than a mutual fear of loneliness.

Of course AW has been a legend but do YOU really think AW is still up there with the other top coaches/managers?

I agree with Arseblog and Tim Stillman(to a certain extent) that it is almost definitely time for a change and the ideal scenario would have been for him to go out on a high after winning the cup in such tremendous style, but I also have way too much respect for Arsene Wenger as a man and for what he has done for our club to join the pack trying to hound him out.

As I have said before much of our current disarray is down to Kroenke, the board, and AW having to do three jobs at once.

The club has outgrown the now antiquated management structure.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #3039 on: September 03, 2017, 11:20:42 AM »

Hang on a second.....

Has Ralph just admitted that Wenger has outstayed his welcome?!

Best Bitter.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #3040 on: September 03, 2017, 11:25:05 AM »

Link an article that has a pay wall? Yeah cheers Archer, our owners might be filthy rich but some of us fans are just filthy Wink

Shit - I forgot about the paywall.  Call it a tikay moment...

Here is a bit more:
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3041 on: September 03, 2017, 09:25:41 PM »

I agree with Arseblog and Tim Stillman(to a certain extent) that it is almost definitely time for a change and the ideal scenario would have been for him to go out on a high after winning the cup in such tremendous style, but I also have way too much respect for Arsene Wenger as a man and for what he has done for our club to join the pack trying to hound him out.

As I have said before much of our current disarray is down to Kroenke, the board, and AW having to do three jobs at once.

Some people just cant admit they are wrong even they they are admitting they are wrong. Wink

Its ok, we are a happy bunch this side of the fence. You feel cleansed and uplifted, not believing in fairy tales anymore.

Welcome aboard Ralph

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3042 on: September 03, 2017, 10:20:01 PM »

Some people just cant admit they are wrong even they they are admitting they are wrong. Wink

Its ok, we are a happy bunch this side of the fence. You feel cleansed and uplifted, not believing in fairy tales anymore.

Welcome aboard Ralph

You are such a simpleton sometimes Angst - my stance has not changed in the slightest.

I've always said that I have complete faith in Arsene Wenger's loyalty and integrity - and that he has earned the right to keep the job if he thinks he's up to it.

I may not agree with or even understand some of his decisions but I am still of the same opinion that Arsene Knows Best.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 10:43:25 PM by Karabiner » Logged

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #3043 on: September 04, 2017, 12:43:40 AM »

Welcome aboard Ralph

You are such a simpleton sometimes Angst - my stance has not changed in the slightest.

I've always said that I have complete faith in Arsene Wenger's loyalty and integrity - and that he has earned the right to keep the job if he thinks he's up to it.

I may not agree with or even understand some of his decisions but I am still of the same opinion that Arsene Knows Best.

To be fair if you continue to chant the mantra "Arsene knows best" you are likely the simpleton? 
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3044 on: September 04, 2017, 12:55:59 AM »

Welcome aboard Ralph

To be fair if you continue to chant the mantra "Arsene knows best" you are likely the simpleton? 

Absolutely.

How can anyone say 'it is almost definitely time for a change' and then say I'm the simpleton for suggesting you now agree he has to go.

You have dug yourself such an entrenched position, based now, purely on stubbornness, and this ridiculous fear that I might have been right, you look a total fool now Ralph. Even the forum good guys are telling you out loud.

As Tikay says though, it's great for ratings, so please, carry on

Pages: 1 ... 199 200 201 202 [203] 204 205 206 207 ... 279 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: