blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:18:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Arsenal FC a very promising story
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 ... 279 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arsenal FC a very promising story  (Read 604678 times)
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #690 on: September 02, 2014, 11:03:08 AM »

Welbeck is good for his speed and versatility (up top, on the wing etc) but the one problem seems to be consistently getting the ball in the net. I'm surprised arsenal haven't gone for a more prolific striker as it seems to be one of the few pieces of the puzzle still missing.

But then again, I'm a stoke fan, and putting a negative light on all things arsenal is good fun.

Feed em rice.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #691 on: September 02, 2014, 01:06:50 PM »

no lesser man than Keith 'TheCamel' Hawkins described Welbeck as being not United standard

I'm sorry to see him go though.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #692 on: September 02, 2014, 01:28:59 PM »

Very surprised that we didn't manage to recruit a top-class CD but I guess there aren't that many around as manure could have done with a couple too.

The sheer lack of depth at the back that has been allowed to happen is utterly astonishing. Why allow Miquel to leave on deadline day if there's only 2 other CB's left at the club and we're not bringing anyone else in? We're literally two injuries away from a cb pairing of Monreal and Chambers who have played about 10 games there between them. Either one of those end up out at the same time too, then either an academy kid or somebody who's never played there before in their life will have to fill in.

If only the ticket prices were reflected in transfer acumen. I don't know who to blame.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #693 on: September 02, 2014, 01:32:04 PM »

Adz will be back shortly to clear that up Smiley

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #694 on: September 02, 2014, 07:19:52 PM »

I don't actually mind Wellbeck, especially when I realised he is still only 23. I did chuckle at the picture of Wellbecks medical photo, and a photo of a donkey being examined though...

Wenger.....

Where do I start?

We shall not panic buy......

There is no one around to buy.....

So why do we buy another Manure reject at the last minute?Huh?? I recall the last one was a disaster too...

Wenger pisses me off more and more in his tragic attempts to prove everyone wrong. He has proved he is a genius. Yes a long long time ago, but come on. This is hardly cutting edge stuff, you just look a tool Arsene.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #695 on: September 02, 2014, 07:23:55 PM »

I don't actually mind Wellbeck, especially when I realised he is still only 23. I did chuckle at the picture of Wellbecks medical photo, and a photo of a donkey being examined though...

Wenger.....

Where do I start?

We shall not panic buy......

There is no one around to buy.....

So why do we buy another Manure reject at the last minute?Huh?? I recall the last one was a disaster too...

Wenger pisses me off more and more in his tragic attempts to prove everyone wrong. He has proved he is a genius. Yes a long long time ago, but come on. This is hardly cutting edge stuff, you just look a tool Arsene.

I think Welbeck is decent, too, and he has performed reasonably well for someone that has never been given a good run at things.

Not everyone is a fan though, and you could be forgiven for thinking that Blakey was a Liverpool fan, if you take a look at his Facebook Grin

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #696 on: September 02, 2014, 07:40:22 PM »

He's a good buy for you and I reckon he will score goals. Plus he really is going to be back up when giroud is fit so I don't know why you're complaining. Who else was around to buy? Remy wanted to go Chelsea. Balloteli was a risk an Falcao's wages were too much for arsenals strict wage structure

I think 16m will prove to be a bargain

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #697 on: September 02, 2014, 07:56:23 PM »

I didnt say Wellbeck was a bad buy. Pretty sure I didn't.

I said Wenger continually trying to prove the fans wrong was what gets me going.

I really should get stuck into the Manure thread a bit more. Pretty sure there is some proper sport to be had there.....

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #698 on: September 02, 2014, 08:05:58 PM »

I did say something similar a couple pages backs about his stubbornness following girouds injury but Tbf looks like he acted this time. Buying Welbeck is better than no one (altho I'm sure there's a few who'd disagree)

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #699 on: September 02, 2014, 10:55:05 PM »

I like Wellbeck and this is a low risk buy. 

I know his goalscoring record is not the best but heard a very interesting stat about him on Radio 5 last night. He converts 25% of his chances which, apparently, is the same percentage as Sturridge. Amazing!

As he will be playing in his prefererd position I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see his goal tally increase rapidly.
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #700 on: September 02, 2014, 11:33:20 PM »

Arsenal fans largely getting themselves behind Welbeck since he is a gooner now.

I'll do the same, but had you mentioned Welbeck to Arsenal a few days ago the vast majority would have gone no f'in way.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #701 on: September 02, 2014, 11:44:50 PM »

It's a massively low risk purchase for £16m.  The worse case scenario is he stays a squad player who has 8 goals for England in 25 caps and has a resale value of £8/10m in 3 years time when he is 26.  The upside is potentially massive compared to the potential loss on investment of £6-8m.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 11:53:03 PM by arbboy » Logged
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #702 on: September 03, 2014, 12:23:58 AM »

It's a massively low risk purchase for £16m.  The worse case scenario is he stays a squad player who has 8 goals for England in 25 caps and has a resale value of £8/10m in 3 years time when he is 26.  The upside is potentially massive compared to the potential loss on investment of £6-8m.

6-8m in capital but the 15 million+ wages over 3 years
cant see him accepting less than 100k a week

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #703 on: September 03, 2014, 02:20:36 AM »

Id bet alot hes on less than 100k a week

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #704 on: September 03, 2014, 02:31:11 AM »

http://www.givemesport.com/500104-danny-welbeck-wants-to-leave-manchester-united-tonight

Cant see him moving for much less than the 105k he was on at united

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 ... 279 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: