blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:31:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Arsenal FC a very promising story
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 ... 279 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arsenal FC a very promising story  (Read 604301 times)
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #795 on: October 09, 2014, 08:55:54 PM »

copy paste

We'll be comparing days missed due to injury.
Cesc Fàbregas: missed 42 days in 3 seasons at Barça, 299 days in 3 seasons at Arsenal.
Mesut Özil: 0 injuries at Madrid in 3 seasons, 34 days missed in two seasons with Bremen, and an expected 118 days missed for Arsenal (48 so far + 10 week projection).
Podolski: 74 days in 3 seasons with Koln, 117 in 2 seasons with Arsenal.
Giroud: couldn't find much history on him, but it appears he had no major injuries in his pre-Arsenal career.
Mertesacker: bucks the curve, injured only once in 3 seasons with Arsenal (94 days) but had several injuries in 2 seasons with Bremen (200 days)
Gervinho: 37 days in his recorded career (one injury with Lille), 46 days in two seasons at Arsenal.
Song: no injuries in 2 seasons at Barcelona (admittedly didn't play as much, but still had 65 apps), 75 days missed in 4 seasons with Arsenal.
Nasri: 50 days in 3 seasons with City, 180 days in 3 seasons with Arsenal.
Clichy: no recorded injuries in 3 seasons with City, 130 days missed in last 3 seasons with Arsenal.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #796 on: October 09, 2014, 09:02:16 PM »

Good digging Ex
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #797 on: October 09, 2014, 09:03:17 PM »

copy paste

We'll be comparing days missed due to injury.
Cesc Fàbregas: missed 42 days in 3 seasons at Barça, 299 days in 3 seasons at Arsenal.
Mesut Özil: 0 injuries at Madrid in 3 seasons, 34 days missed in two seasons with Bremen, and an expected 118 days missed for Arsenal (48 so far + 10 week projection).
Podolski: 74 days in 3 seasons with Koln, 117 in 2 seasons with Arsenal.
Giroud: couldn't find much history on him, but it appears he had no major injuries in his pre-Arsenal career.
Mertesacker: bucks the curve, injured only once in 3 seasons with Arsenal (94 days) but had several injuries in 2 seasons with Bremen (200 days)
Gervinho: 37 days in his recorded career (one injury with Lille), 46 days in two seasons at Arsenal.
Song: no injuries in 2 seasons at Barcelona (admittedly didn't play as much, but still had 65 apps), 75 days missed in 4 seasons with Arsenal.
Nasri: 50 days in 3 seasons with City, 180 days in 3 seasons with Arsenal.
Clichy: no recorded injuries in 3 seasons with City, 130 days missed in last 3 seasons with Arsenal.

Bloody forigners. Come over here, take our money etc etc

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #798 on: October 10, 2014, 12:10:20 AM »

Good digging Ex

Selective digging though as Fabregas was at Arsenal for six seasons and you appear to have picked his three most injury-hit (including the one post Euros when he missed six months+ with a cruciate) whilst at Barca he was basically a squad-player and started far fewer games.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #799 on: October 10, 2014, 12:52:11 AM »

how many motm awards does wiltshire get? its a joke
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #800 on: October 10, 2014, 10:06:39 AM »

Good digging Ex

Selective digging though as Fabregas was at Arsenal for six seasons and you appear to have picked his three most injury-hit (including the one post Euros when he missed six months+ with a cruciate) whilst at Barca he was basically a squad-player and started far fewer games.

Maybe selective digging but to suggest he was basically a squad-player is a nonsense.

He had 40+ starts in the 3 main competitions in each of the last 2 seasons with Barca.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #801 on: October 10, 2014, 10:07:57 AM »

Good digging Ex

Maybe selective digging but to suggest he was basically a squad-player is a nonsense.

He had 40+ starts in the 3 main competitions the last 2 seasons with Barca.

beat me to it

Was certainly not a squad player played the majority of games
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #802 on: October 10, 2014, 11:03:38 AM »

I didn't dig!
Was a general football page.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #803 on: October 10, 2014, 11:05:41 AM »

It's getting worse.

www.arseblog.com/2014/10/more-injuries-per-and-behind-the-scenes-jiggery-pokery/

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #804 on: October 10, 2014, 11:09:49 AM »

good article that

Didnt realise Mcdermott had joined you as a scout
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #805 on: October 18, 2014, 08:43:58 AM »

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/oct/17/arsenal-place-trust-arsene-wenger-army-statdna-data-analysts?CMP=twt_gu
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #806 on: October 18, 2014, 05:01:11 PM »

Interesting article that.
I think that stat analysis is something that can be very valuable but it has needed to be refined. A couple of years ago when Pool were gash, the Asian betting syndicates were continually losing backing them supposedly on the basis on some stats. I think we were in the early days of stat analysis and those guys were being blinded by the numbers without taking into acount the quality of the raw figures. Perhaps now we're entering an era where computer simulations are going to become more and more accurate.
As a player of fantasy football, there are sites like Fantasy Footbasll Scout that produces a plethora of stats which I've always taken with a pinch of salt due to them not able to quanify the quality of them. Maybe soon, we'll have bots winning the fantasy leagues every year. Sigh Smiley
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #807 on: October 22, 2014, 12:12:14 PM »

As well as vital first-team experience, the Argentinian says he was helped at the club by former England international Chris Kirkland, who responded to being replaced in the side by the youngster by acting as his personal servant. “He’s a real professional on and off the pitch,” said Martínez. “He made me a cup of tea at half-time to help me keep warm.”
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #808 on: October 25, 2014, 09:49:43 AM »

Arsenal finishing positions since 1947.

In that entire 67 year period, I think they have had approx 10 Managers, if we exclude "Temporary" appointments. 

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #809 on: October 25, 2014, 03:06:32 PM »

Someone remind me why Arsenal didn't resign Alex Song.

Lots of clamour to get Fabregas back, but never heard anyone calling for Song.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 ... 279 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: