blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:21:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Arsenal FC a very promising story
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 190 191 [192] 193 194 195 196 ... 279 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arsenal FC a very promising story  (Read 600569 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2865 on: August 11, 2017, 09:46:10 PM »

Decent debut from the new boy, then.

Yes, going great isnt it.........

♫ Sing when we're losing you only sing when we're losing ♫

Increbile how leics are into 100/1 tight on bf to win the league after that first half.  the big priced layers are definitely scared from 2 years ago.

lol at this.  Punters will be wondering how Leics were ever done at 100/1 by xmas never mind the end of the season.  I posted at 2-2 fwiw.   Their defending has been garbage at times.  Wouldn't be getting too carried away if i was a gooner.  You have beaten no one tonight and you were half asleep for most of the match. 

Are you forgetting that we have our top three defenders -Koscielny, Mustafi, and adzy's favourite Mertesacker to come back in and played a LB in the middle of a three?

Unlike your lot we'll be alright this season.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: August 11, 2017, 09:47:55 PM »

Decent debut from the new boy, then.

Yes, going great isnt it.........

♫ Sing when we're losing you only sing when we're losing ♫

Increbile how leics are into 100/1 tight on bf to win the league after that first half.  the big priced layers are definitely scared from 2 years ago.

lol at this.  Punters will be wondering how Leics were ever done at 100/1 by xmas never mind the end of the season.  I posted at 2-2 fwiw.   Their defending has been garbage at times.  Wouldn't be getting too carried away if i was a gooner.  You have beaten no one tonight and you were half asleep for most of the match. 

Are you forgetting that we have our top three defenders -Koscielny, Mustafi, and adzy's favourite Mertesacker to come back in and played a LB in the middle of a three?

Unlike your lot we'll be alright this season.

Stoke are the lay of all lays to go down this year around the 6/1 mark.  Do people not realise we have England's number 1 coming back who hardly played last year?
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: August 11, 2017, 09:48:16 PM »

I've thought all pre season that they could win the league if Sanchez stays and they can be more solid in defence, or at least get a full season oout of Koscielny. No CL to worry about as per the last 2 league winners
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: August 11, 2017, 09:54:28 PM »

I've thought all pre season that they could win the league if Sanchez stays and they can be more solid in defence, or at least get a full season oout of Koscielny. No CL to worry about as per the last 2 league winners

No champs league but will they tank the europa league?   That's the real question.  The optimal strat is to do the total opposite of Jose last year and tank the Europa and go balls deeps on the league.  If i was a gaffer i would treat the Europa league with even bigger lack of respect than the carling cup in a 5th/6th placed team who can win the league the next season.  There is such little upside of it.  You are way more likely to be in the champions league by tanking it and focusing on the league than trying to win it.  Jose is just a results orientated tosser.
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: August 11, 2017, 10:01:25 PM »

I think he gives it up and plays the kids like he does in LC
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: August 11, 2017, 10:05:58 PM »

I think he gives it up and plays the kids like he does in LC

I agree.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: August 11, 2017, 10:08:25 PM »

No chance Arsenal win the league.

Decent first game for the casual/neutral viewer. Both teams looked poor.

Best Bitter.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: August 11, 2017, 10:09:17 PM »

Get back to your posh dressing room, northern lad.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: August 11, 2017, 10:16:29 PM »

Any 20/1 about?

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: August 11, 2017, 10:19:23 PM »

Any 20/1 about?

Think you're mistaking me for Arbs.

Best Bitter.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2875 on: August 11, 2017, 10:40:18 PM »

Any 20/1 about?

Can't win but won't lay 20/1!  Same old story Ralph!  Doesn't fancy 5% risk free on his money tax free for 9 months max.  Much better than the bank.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: August 11, 2017, 10:52:38 PM »

Any 20/1 about?

Can't win but won't lay 20/1!  Same old story Ralph!  Doesn't fancy 5% risk free on his money tax free for 9 months max.  Much better than the bank.

I'm actually on a high interest account with the bank, and Lacazette doesn't work there so probs more secure with them.

Along with many others I'm sure, I don't think Arsenal are capable of winning the league, and what I watched tonight only reinforces that opinion. Even with an unhappy Sanchez to return to the fold, I don't think they are good enough to be top or anywhere close come May.

Best Bitter.
Ledders

View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: August 12, 2017, 08:10:21 AM »

We will almost certainly be playing kids in the Europa League group stages. 5 away league games following group matches. I presume the reserves are good enough to win most groups. Then we'll see come knockouts.

Last night's viewing was same old Arsenal.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: August 12, 2017, 08:31:47 AM »

God bless Arsenal - boosting the blonde Post Count again.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: August 12, 2017, 09:18:09 AM »

Great entertainment for the neutral last night. Not good for those of us with high blood pressure, but we all need excitement in life.

Some great finishing from us, and it genuinely seems that Giroud is better coming on as a sub.

Usual worrying stuff at the back, and Cech was v poor on each of the goals we conceeded. Still waiting for him to find us these 15 additional saved goals a season we were promised. To my mind he is already -2 this season.

As predicted, its gonna be same old same old, but I didnt need to be Nostradamus to work that one out.

I desperately hope I'm proven wrong, and will gladly eat humble pie if we do. Its not much fun being right year after year for the wrong reasons. I spent 45 odd years having blind faith in my team, but the last few years, as the saying goes, you cant kid a kidder, and despite our overall lofty position in the league, we could be doing so much better.

Lets see how we go.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 190 191 [192] 193 194 195 196 ... 279 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: