blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:05:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Arsenal FC a very promising story
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 193 194 [195] 196 197 198 199 ... 279 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arsenal FC a very promising story  (Read 604935 times)
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #2910 on: August 24, 2017, 07:33:29 AM »

City likely to come in with another offer for Sanchez.

Just wondering if there's any point in missing out on the money if the rest of the squad isn't good enough to compete for the league this year? There's no guarantee he'll put the effort in for us either as we might already be seeing with Ozil and Ox. If we can get 50m for a player in the final year of his contract then maybe we should take it rather than pretend we're going to be competitive this year when we're probably not. 

I've got a feeling Arsenal fans will moan that Arsenal didn't cash in if he walks away next summer, even if they make the top 4. Poor old Wenger is really damned if he does and damned if he doesn't here.

For me, he has to cash in.

Like it or not, he obviously wants to go, and already we aren't going to get a full season from him, and he now has a bad attitude to boot.

For a Manager that has spent so long watching the pennies, this will be so dumb, even hypocritical to let our best players then go for nothing

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2911 on: August 24, 2017, 09:50:30 AM »

Used to love that shirt when I was a kid. The white sleeves were always way too baggy on my, then, very skinny body, but it was magic, and I was John Radford!

Can't tell you how many goals I scored in that shirt with the words "Sunderland . . . Its there" ringing in my ears.
Football was so much more fun then.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2912 on: August 24, 2017, 10:08:18 AM »

Just wondering if there's any point in missing out on the money if the rest of the squad isn't good enough to compete for the league this year? There's no guarantee he'll put the effort in for us either as we might already be seeing with Ozil and Ox. If we can get 50m for a player in the final year of his contract then maybe we should take it rather than pretend we're going to be competitive this year when we're probably not. 

I've got a feeling Arsenal fans will moan that Arsenal didn't cash in if he walks away next summer, even if they make the top 4. Poor old Wenger is really damned if he does and damned if he doesn't here.

Like it or not, he obviously wants to go, and already we aren't going to get a full season from him, and he now has a bad attitude to boot.

For a Manager that has spent so long watching the pennies, this will be so dumb, even hypocritical to let our best players then go for nothing

He must think there's still a slight chance that Alexis will extend his current deal - stranger things have happened.

I've not heard anything about Alexis having "a bad attitude" either - kid just wants to play football.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2913 on: August 24, 2017, 10:37:32 AM »

He must think there's still a slight chance that Alexis will extend his current deal - stranger things have happened.

I've not heard anything about Alexis having "a bad attitude" either - kid just wants to play football.

And you still have a slight chance of dating Jennifer Aniston.

Best Bitter.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #2914 on: August 24, 2017, 11:02:50 AM »

And you still have a slight chance of dating Jennifer Aniston.

Im glad its not just me....

I sometimes have to check this isn't the Fantasy Arsenal thread, some of the stuff seen on here. Cheesy

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2915 on: August 24, 2017, 03:21:12 PM »

If keeping Alexis means we finish top-4 as opposed to selling him for £60M and finishing 5th/6th - would that be good value?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #2916 on: August 25, 2017, 08:27:02 AM »

If keeping Alexis means we finish top-4 as opposed to selling him for £60M and finishing 5th/6th - would that be good value?

Granted.

But, to apply your logic, If Wenger had spent money in the past, during certain windows,on certain players, we would surely have won the league in the last ten year. Now THAT would have been value

If the Boss had his wits about him, he could have done both. Realised a good price and reinvested.

The point i am making is that after all these years of tight purse strings, he is potentially letting two players worth over £100 milly, just walk for gratis at the end of the year.

That dear Ralph, is crazy in anyone's book, and just adds to the feeling that he has lost the plot as both a manager, but now also a businessman

Yes, they MAY stay, but take off the rose tints for just one minute, and you know they wont.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2917 on: August 25, 2017, 09:26:46 AM »

Arsenal are great for the blonde post count - one unlucky defeat, in a game they utterly dominated, & it generated 3 pages of posts. Over in North London, Spurs got turned over at home & it barely generated comment, then the Man City team, which cost sixty squillion dropped a point at home to Everton & barely a word is said.

Arsenal play Liverpool on Sunday. Lose that, & blonde will have a record month for post count.

Win win.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #2918 on: August 25, 2017, 10:58:09 AM »

Arsenal are great for the blonde post count - one unlucky defeat, in a game they utterly dominated, & it generated 3 pages of posts. Over in North London, Spurs got turned over at home & it barely generated comment, then the Man City team, which cost sixty squillion dropped a point at home to Everton & barely a word is said.

Arsenal play Liverpool on Sunday. Lose that, & blonde will have a record month for post count.

Win win.

Wink

It is what makes this country great, the freedom for one person to keep expressing their opinion, against the crowd, when the evidence is clearly not in their favour, and no matter how barmy they sound, they are allowed to keep going and going, year after year, without fear of prison or the Looney Bin.

Long live Karabiner.x

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #2919 on: August 27, 2017, 03:39:22 PM »

Lacazette on the bench.  Ox in despite declining a new contract.  Holding back in is a plus and Sanchez of course.not going to be an easy match

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2920 on: August 27, 2017, 03:54:13 PM »

You had (a very in form) Sanchez last season and still didn't get top 4. So it's not like keeping his services means you're a shoe in for the Champs league places. Unless you're talking about a hypothetically 'guaranteed' situation of course. Even then, he helps you qualify for the CL, to then be eliminated in the group stage/last 16 in the 2017-18 season, is it really worth it? It's not like you're gonna be amongst the faves to go all the way.

4 days before an unhappy £50m+ asset see's his market value reduced to £0; seems crazy not to cash in. Still think there could be a twist or 2 before the window shuts....

Best Bitter.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2921 on: August 27, 2017, 04:02:25 PM »

Post Lemar falling through. Word here is they are in for mahrez again. £40m rising to £45m

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2922 on: August 27, 2017, 04:10:46 PM »

Post Lemar falling through. Word here is they are in for mahrez again. £40m rising to £45m

It just needs the first domino to fall....

Best Bitter.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #2923 on: August 27, 2017, 04:46:14 PM »

Concentrating on the cups earlier than usual this season I see.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #2924 on: August 27, 2017, 04:49:16 PM »

The audley harrison of premier league football...
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 193 194 [195] 196 197 198 199 ... 279 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: