blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 04:28:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2274184 Posts in 66765 Topics by 16955 Members
Latest Member: Airdraken
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Arsenal FC a very promising story
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 246 247 [248] 249 250 251 252 ... 279 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arsenal FC a very promising story  (Read 633134 times)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3705 on: December 23, 2018, 12:29:44 PM »

Dyche is turning into Mark Hughes for me infact I think double figures him to go next is fair

He suggested Long didnt dive , I hope he did if that was his natural falling technique he has no room being a professional sportsman.

Xhaka just missed the player and fell hardly a dive, and the other one was 50/50

This is pretty fair - Xhaka made the standard appeal once he was on the ground but don't think he dived

You're right about Long as well, looked less natural than a full on Franny Lee

sola virtus nobilitat
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #3706 on: December 23, 2018, 12:42:53 PM »

It was quite a struggle today and the 3-1 final score was a little flattering as Burnley literally put up a good fight and were lucky to finish with eleven men on the pitch.

Happy with the battling three points in the end and looking forward to Emery Christmas, but more so to Boxing Day.

Two sides to every story.  Dyche’s take on it was that Arsenal were systematically cheating for the 2nd home league game in a row.

I suggest you watch the game.

I did.  The combined theatrical output from Arsenal against the mighty Huddersfield and Burnley was simply embarrassing.  They are almost at Spurs/Bournemouth levels now but just don’t execute as well.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 12:44:38 PM by DungBeetle » Logged
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3707 on: December 23, 2018, 12:51:32 PM »

It was quite a struggle today and the 3-1 final score was a little flattering as Burnley literally put up a good fight and were lucky to finish with eleven men on the pitch.

Happy with the battling three points in the end and looking forward to Emery Christmas, but more so to Boxing Day.

Two sides to every story.  Dyche’s take on it was that Arsenal were systematically cheating for the 2nd home league game in a row.

I did.  The combined theatrical output from Arsenal against the mighty Huddersfield and Burnley was simply embarrassing.  They are almost at Spurs/Bournemouth levels now but just don’t execute as well.

Emery Xmas to you too Smiley

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #3708 on: December 23, 2018, 12:53:10 PM »

Emery Xmas to you too Smiley

Emery Xmas to you. Smiley
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3709 on: December 23, 2018, 01:19:42 PM »

Ashley Barnes tried so hard to get Xmas off. Embarrassing failure to get the second yellow

Arsenal of course miles too classy for Burnley but the two handed shove in the back in the box for i think the 59th home game in a row without conceding a penalty was i think Burnley a little hard done by

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3710 on: December 23, 2018, 01:29:07 PM »

Ashley Barnes tried so hard to get Xmas off. Embarrassing failure to get the second yellow

Arsenal of course miles too classy for Burnley but the two handed shove in the back in the box for i think the 59th home game in a row without conceding a penalty was i think Burnley a little hard done by

Perhaps you can explain exactly how Mee managed an Alcockesque tumble backwards having received this enormous shove in the back Huh?

Logic and basic physics would suggest he should fall in the direction he was pushed.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3711 on: December 23, 2018, 01:33:00 PM »

Perhaps you can explain exactly how Mee managed an Alcockesque tumble backwards having received this enormous shove in the back Huh?

Logic and basic physics would suggest he should fall in the direction he was pushed.

I don't need to. He received a two handed shove in the back in the box. He can then do a triple lutz with double salco while wearing a tutu and its still a penalty

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3712 on: December 23, 2018, 01:42:34 PM »

Perhaps you can explain exactly how Long managed an Alcockesque tumble backwards having received this enormous shove in the back Huh?

I don't need to. He received a two handed shove in the back in the box. He can then do a triple lutz with double salco while wearing a tutu and its still a penalty

I can explain it though:

Long was backing into Sokkertits at speed who naturally put his hands in front of him to hold his ground, as soon as Long felt the hands on his back he went into his Paul Allcock impression. As I tried to explain earlier if the shove had come from Sokkertits Long would have fallen in the other direction. Simples.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 02:12:58 PM by Karabiner » Logged

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #3713 on: December 23, 2018, 02:01:19 PM »

long was barely touched

never a pen
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3714 on: December 23, 2018, 02:29:17 PM »

Sorry it was Kolasinac who Long backed into.

Just watched it over a few times more and can only confirm my earlier impression.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3715 on: December 23, 2018, 03:13:09 PM »

long was barely touched

never a pen

We have to remember Ralph sees different things to the rest of us when Arsenal play. Loyalty very commendable etc but blinkered nonetheless.

Merry Christmas everyone, I hoped you have enjoyed one of the most entertaining Blonde threads, this year. Xxx

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3716 on: December 23, 2018, 03:25:29 PM »

Happy xmas Ralph and Adz.  May 2019 bring you gooners more of the same (and more of the same debates on blonde)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3717 on: December 23, 2018, 05:15:19 PM »

The most ironic thing about Dyche's post-match bleating was the fact that the "penalty" he claimed was in fact the biggest dive of the match.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3718 on: December 23, 2018, 06:57:01 PM »

long was barely touched

never a pen

We have to remember Ralph sees different things to the rest of us when Arsenal play. Loyalty very commendable etc but blinkered nonetheless.

Merry Christmas everyone, I hoped you have enjoyed one of the most entertaining Blonde threads, this year. Xxx

Hopefully Santa will leave a specsavers gift-voucher under your tree Adzy old chap.

Emery Xmas to you too.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3719 on: December 23, 2018, 09:27:20 PM »

long was barely touched

never a pen

Hopefully Santa will leave a specsavers gift-voucher under your tree Adzy old chap.

Emery Xmas to you too.

Oh Ralph, one again showing a total lack of class.

Specsavers old man? Good lord no.......

Maybe good enough for you, but I need something more bespoke.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 246 247 [248] 249 250 251 252 ... 279 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: