blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:30:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272605 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  DTD £250,000 Supersized March : Deepstack Day 2 and final
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 ... 68 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD £250,000 Supersized March : Deepstack Day 2 and final  (Read 142699 times)
The Lad

View Profile
« Reply #900 on: March 05, 2012, 04:58:33 AM »

wp Tighty
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #901 on: March 05, 2012, 05:00:39 AM »

Well played to our winner

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #902 on: March 05, 2012, 05:01:21 AM »

Well played both. Congrats to Tommy on a great score. Thanks Tighty for some great updates as per. Go to bed.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #903 on: March 05, 2012, 05:01:34 AM »

What an amazing event

Well done DTD

Bed. Thank you, and Goodnight

#lovethegame, still

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #904 on: March 05, 2012, 05:06:36 AM »

Thanks for the updates Tighty, ur a gem

Thanks to Rob for the commentry.

Good game was had by all Wink

^^^

Thanks very much as always

jakally

View Profile
« Reply #905 on: March 05, 2012, 05:07:23 AM »

Well done to the final two. Both seem like good guys, and play the game with the right spirit.

Really good updates Rich (with acknowledgements to your assistants, Jason, Christie, Alex and Colburn).
Was a tough gig, with a rammed Saturday, and a long Sunday, but you more than delivered once again. WP.
taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #906 on: March 05, 2012, 05:09:59 AM »

Congratulations to the winner:

Big thank you to all of you involved in bringing us great updates (as always)

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #907 on: March 05, 2012, 05:12:16 AM »

congrats to the lad, lot of haters on this thread
stato_1

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #908 on: March 05, 2012, 05:14:36 AM »

Great updates Tighty and a great event for DTD. Could tell it had finished as Alex has just stumbled in and I can hear him talking to the cat from my room. Night all
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #909 on: March 05, 2012, 06:04:28 AM »

What an amazing event

Well done DTD

#lovethegame, still

WP all, great updates as always.

Regarding the 500/1k event's how about having 2 day 1's (Thursday/Friday) day 2 Saturday and the final to be played on a Sunday about 2:30pm or something, could still do the rolling back the blinds, and have the structure set in place.. As it would be a monthly/quarterly thing, don't think it would hinder having the day 1's on a weekday, as any competent person would work around that...

Also I think you would get more players registering for the on-line satellites if you had expenses added with the seat, i.e £560 seat + expenses = £1k package could make them 20E re - buys, and £150 f/o with less guarantee seats (3X) instead of (5X) and u could run the usual Sat's next to them which would just be the tourney ticket...

Great work by DTD and Tighty.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #910 on: March 05, 2012, 06:58:16 AM »

That was a helluva shift. Well done all.

sola virtus nobilitat
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #911 on: March 05, 2012, 07:22:48 AM »

What an amazing event

Well done DTD

#lovethegame, still

Regarding the 500/1k event's how about having 2 day 1's (Thursday/Friday) day 2 Saturday and the final to be played on a Sunday about 2:30pm or something, could still do the rolling back the blinds, and have the structure set in place.. As it would be a monthly/quarterly thing, don't think it would hinder having the day 1's on a weekday, as any competent person would work around that...

Also I think you would get more players registering for the on-line satellites if you had expenses added with the seat, i.e £560 seat + expenses = £1k package could make them 20E re - buys, and £150 f/o with less guarantee seats (3X) instead of (5X) and u could run the usual Sat's next to them which would just be the tourney ticket...

you need to have one of the day 1's on the saturday dreenie. The massive numbers generated by this comp are made up of recreational players who work monday to Friday. 3/4 of the entries were on the Saturday .

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
DEVIL

View Profile
« Reply #912 on: March 05, 2012, 07:38:46 AM »

What an amazing event

Well done DTD

#lovethegame, still

you need to have one of the day 1's on the saturday dreenie. The massive numbers generated by this comp are made up of recreational players who work monday to Friday. 3/4 of the entries were on the Saturday .

What about playing the final table the weekend after, 5am finish is a bit late, the only other option is to increase the levels on day 1.  Having the final table the weekend after at a more appropriate time rolling back the levels would be more appealing to those who watch the stream.
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #913 on: March 05, 2012, 08:00:18 AM »

What an amazing event

Well done DTD

#lovethegame, still

Don't entirely agree here Jason. IMO far more people come on a Saturday because they A) don't want to be re buying in a comp they are under rolled to play in the 1st place. B) If u don't live 'down the road' then it's easier to play the day b4 the final day, saves on hotels etc etc.

If they can get 2k+runners through the door over a 5/7 day period 5 of which were weekday's I'm sure enough people wd play the day 1's. It is only monthly/quarterly, if u worked, u could always book it off in advance, I would estimate more people that play this tourney, without trying to discriminate - self employed/students/home-keepers/poker players/unemployed, than people who would need to book time off from a strict job so to speak.
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #914 on: March 05, 2012, 08:03:23 AM »

What an amazing event

Well done DTD

#lovethegame, still

What about playing the final table the weekend after, 5am finish is a bit late, the only other option is to increase the levels on day 1.  Having the final table the weekend after at a more appropriate time rolling back the levels would be more appealing to those who watch the stream.

I think this could work, but not monthly. If it is a unique tournament that is run let's say 2/3 times a year, then this would be something to look forward to, otherwise I think in the end players would get fed up and it would become boring.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 ... 68 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: