blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:47:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272603 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  DTD £250,000 Supersized March : Deepstack Day 2 and final
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 ... 68 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD £250,000 Supersized March : Deepstack Day 2 and final  (Read 142682 times)
blueace

View Profile
« Reply #915 on: March 05, 2012, 08:20:22 AM »

This was surely a bit of a one off on numbers. I cant see any way how these numbers could be sustained every month.  Remember this was a stop gap as the there was no room on the schedule for the Monte.
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #916 on: March 05, 2012, 08:35:30 AM »

What an amazing event

Well done DTD

Bed. Thank you, and Goodnight

#lovethegame, still

WP all, great updates as always.

Regarding the 500/1k event's how about having 2 day 1's (Thursday/Friday) day 2 Saturday and the final to be played on a Sunday about 2:30pm or something, could still do the rolling back the blinds, and have the structure set in place.. As it would be a monthly/quarterly thing, don't think it would hinder having the day 1's on a weekday, as any competent person would work around that...

Also I think you would get more players registering for the on-line satellites if you had expenses added with the seat, i.e £560 seat + expenses = £1k package could make them 20E re - buys, and £150 f/o with less guarantee seats (3X) instead of (5X) and u could run the usual Sat's next to them which would just be the tourney ticket...

Great work by DTD and Tighty.
you need to have one of the day 1's on the saturday dreenie. The massive numbers generated by this comp are made up of recreational players who work monday to Friday. 3/4 of the entries were on the Saturday .

Don't entirely agree here Jason. IMO far more people come on a Saturday because they A) don't want to be re buying in a comp they are under rolled to play in the 1st place. B) If u don't live 'down the road' then it's easier to play the day b4 the final day, saves on hotels etc etc.

If they can get 2k+runners through the door over a 5/7 day period 5 of which were weekday's I'm sure enough people wd play the day 1's. It is only monthly/quarterly, if u worked, u could always book it off in advance, I would estimate more people that play this tourney, without trying to discriminate - self employed/students/home-keepers/poker players/unemployed, than people who would need to book time off from a strict job so to speak.
Lol I could probably count on my fingers and toes how many students, unemployed and house wife's played this weekend. The biggest deepstack failure was one they tried to hold mid month in September last years and the 2 £250 mid month comps are not getting large numbers. The reality is that Rob is attracting large numbers of recreational players who get paid monthly usually at the end of the month so the timing of having the deepstack the first weekend is perfect. They have money in their accounts and can buy in because as sure as eggs are eggs two weeks into the month most muggles are back in their overdrafts waiting another 3 weeks til they get paid again.

Gukpt numbers are falling dramatically for many reasons but people don't want to be taking a day off work to play in a field that is more heavily weighted with sponsored and professional players.

Genting have an idea that seems to work quite well to get people to play on a weekday and that is to put a massive percentage of the field in out of their own pockets. I recently played a genting event where 25% of the field had been freerolled into it.

You have very little faith blue ace. These numbers were massive despite a lot of players in the £200- £500 price range playing at a team event in Birmingham. Next month is the Irish open but I would expect similar numbers to this time and possibly even more in May.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 09:51:10 AM by smashedagain » Logged

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #917 on: March 05, 2012, 08:41:47 AM »

ummmmmm dunno Jason looooooooool, I don't see what it matters tbh if it's a weekday or not, if the price/gtd/structure is right, it will attract regardless imo.

About the Genting thing, I'm confused what do u mean they put 25% of there players in? how would u know that?, or iis it because u see the badges on there clothing?
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #918 on: March 05, 2012, 08:55:11 AM »

Mad props for this weekend Tighty and everyone who helped. Seriously good work!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #919 on: March 05, 2012, 08:56:06 AM »

Incredible energy by Tighty, & the other Updaters, well done all, & thank you.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #920 on: March 05, 2012, 09:06:49 AM »

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #921 on: March 05, 2012, 09:09:01 AM »

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #922 on: March 05, 2012, 09:29:33 AM »

ummmmmm dunno Jason looooooooool, I don't see what it matters tbh if it's a weekday or not, if the price/gtd/structure is right, it will attract regardless imo.

About the Genting thing, I'm confused what do u mean they put 25% of there players in? how would u know that?, or iis it because u see the badges on there clothing?
I was one of the 25 who got entered into an event that attracted 100 runners in Manchester, noticed a couple of guys on my Facebook from London had been put into the £1000 at the fox and then the genting opening leg at star city last month had a high number of people bought in too ( accepted that a lot of these would be Hendon mobers, genting pro's) but from the live stream loads of randoms had genting patches on.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
claypole

View Profile
« Reply #923 on: March 05, 2012, 09:35:33 AM »

congrats to the lad, lot of haters on this thread

Yea this - well done Cerri
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #924 on: March 05, 2012, 09:36:32 AM »

I was one of the 25 who got entered into an event that attracted 100 runners in Manchester, noticed a couple of guys on my Facebook from London had been put into the £1000 at the fox and then the genting opening leg at star city last month had a high number of people bought in too ( accepted that a lot of these would be Hendon mobers, genting pro's) but from the live stream loads of randoms had genting patches on.

Don't have a clue about the tourney u went to... But yeah some players will wear the patches to promote the label i.e Genting/Bankroll supply/encore, doesn't necessarily mean they were put in by Genting, they could have qualified for the event on-line,  and wanted to wear the badges etc.

Back to the topic tho - I honestly feel the MAIN reason it was so packed, was because the Gtd they set for that buy in. There is no other place in the U.K that has ever had this sort of tourney that compared to the Gtd they put, the buy in was fairly small. The best valued tournament for money u will get for a long while I would imagine. Do u agree Jason (plz say yes)  Wink
Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #925 on: March 05, 2012, 09:37:29 AM »

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #926 on: March 05, 2012, 09:40:20 AM »

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #927 on: March 05, 2012, 09:49:54 AM »

Don't have a clue about the tourney u went to... But yeah some players will wear the patches to promote the label i.e Genting/Bankroll supply/encore, doesn't necessarily mean they were put in by Genting, they could have qualified for the event on-line,  and wanted to wear the badges etc.

Back to the topic tho - I honestly feel the MAIN reason it was so packed, was because the Gtd they set for that buy in. There is no other place in the U.K that has ever had this sort of tourney that compared to the Gtd they put, the buy in was fairly small. The best valued tournament for money u will get for a long while I would imagine. Do u agree Jason (plz say yes)  Wink
Yes the gtd prize is obviously the most attractive thing and both Rob and Simon play the "we are shitting our pants coz we could have messed up big time with probable over lay this time" card very well. A lot of thought goes into these comps at Dtd and they are not afraid to try new things. Who would have thought that upping the buy in from £300 to £500 would have been a success and actually attract more players. Lots of "if it ain't broke don't fix it" types out there but at Dtd they keep pushing harder and harder.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #928 on: March 05, 2012, 09:53:30 AM »

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii @ last !  Cheesy
T8MML

View Profile
« Reply #929 on: March 05, 2012, 09:54:32 AM »

Well done tighty and all at DTD another great comp. lots can be said about structures etc but you can't please everyone and it would be almost impossible to play a "sensible" comp over two days with so many runners.

I found that from about 35 runners down it was all shove and fold and if you opened with a sensible raise you where met with a shove from a shortish stack meaning either calls light or a fold. No doubt to me in the latter stages it was more a case of gamble than before but no complaints at all.

Next months Irish open will have an impact I think but more worrying would be Easter - don't families do that together or am I just old?

if the snow is yellow - don't eat it!
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 ... 68 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: