blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:38:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Staking deals and markup. Discussion?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Staking deals and markup. Discussion?  (Read 33178 times)
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 07, 2012, 01:39:55 PM »

As one or two have you may noticed I got into an arguement with someone over Facebook about their markup for the 770 coming up and I still think I am right. When a person who is marking up at 1:1.3 is aking for stake and perhaps you have no interest in the stake, should you be commenting? For me, the .3 is nowhere near his value and for me to be quite honest, I think .1 is his face value.

Lol that guys value is in the negative so incred that he has got markup at all.
I have seen him sell out at 2.0 Ryan.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 07, 2012, 01:41:13 PM »

I have only had a browse of this and can't read all of this due to the fact I got loads of things to be getting on with.

As one or two have you may noticed I got into an arguement with someone over Facebook about their markup for the 770 coming up and I still think I am right. When a person who is marking up at 1:1.3 is aking for stake and perhaps you have no interest in the stake, should you be commenting? For me, the .3 is nowhere near his value and for me to be quite honest, I think .1 is his face value.

I am not a massive staker and only have bits and bobs now and again, but I should be entitled to opinion, yes?

Another question is about when you should be able to tell a person to piss off?

I did a thread another forum asking or stake at the last minute for the £560 at the weekend and was only gonig to sell 25%. I didn't get any offers and played it off my own back, was fine by me. But after I realised why there was nobody interested and that was because many memebers of that forum was away playing the LTVC challenge. A day or so after I mention how I get donked out and you get someone saying I should have done this and that and so on. I say OK enough, blah blah blah. Anyway later mention if there was any interest in the UKIPT next month, same person asks for results, I post some and he says no. Later in another stake thread, he does the same, then later still without any results of that person says I will take 2%, contradiction much??

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=222646  this is why you never got staked at 1:1

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=105932 This is why Pete sold out in minutes at 1.3 to Various people including to gukpt winners and members of the hit squad.

Calling him out on Facebook was not the way to go when you hardly know Pete

Not sure if you can work it out, but from point of view, I don't believe Pete is .3 and I won't go back on that view. Also, bring up my Hendon Mob is pointless, because everyone who knows me knows, I only really play play the local games in Sheffield, hence why my Hendon Mob is empty. Previously had sold out on other stakes for DTD, and also can able to fund it off my own back like mentioned.
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 07, 2012, 01:45:19 PM »

Anyone who knows me knows that I only play in Sheffield??? Then you say you sold out for Dtd before. Anyone who has ever met you thinks you are a cockend fool and this includes your only mate ken top ten
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 01:51:13 PM by smashedagain » Logged

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 07, 2012, 01:47:48 PM »

Guys, the thread is a good one, with a civil debate, so please keep it cool.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 07, 2012, 01:48:27 PM »

but how much did he lose Jason?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 07, 2012, 01:48:48 PM »

Lol that guys value is in the negative so incred that he has got markup at all.
I have seen him sell out at 2.0 Ryan.

Just cos people manage to get markup doesnt mean they deserve it.

I regularly buy off someone on this forum who would probably be considered within the top 10 players on here and he charges 1.15ish.

But w/e their money to punt as they wish.  However the markup game is getting abs ridic and it's good that people like flushy  and Dubai are putting across their views, which carry far more weight than most.

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 07, 2012, 01:51:56 PM »

Jason all this stuff gets explained to you time after time.

Serious question now, are you just trolling or actually deluded? You confuse me a lot.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 07, 2012, 01:55:37 PM »

Anyone who knows me knows that I only play in Sheffield??? Then you say you sold out for Dtd before. Anyone who has ever met you thinks you are a cockend fool and this includes your only mate ken top ten

LOL.

Like I said on Pete's status, I only play DTD now and again as I have a general rule of not playing poker at the weekends. I had sold out on previous events, then decided against.

Not sure why there is some sort of issue though Jason, I have my opinion and you have yours, but I know for a genuine fact, Peter is not a good enough player to warrant .3, it's just a way to get some extra money. If he is a .3, player, then perhaps I should be selling at .2? hey who knows.
neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: March 07, 2012, 01:58:34 PM »

I saw someone comparing poker staking to some other form of real life investment (mentioning to friends about "sticking in 500 each and having x amount of equity"), but this is a pretty pointless comparison IMO (dint mean this offensively in any way), as the poker world is a far stretch from reality at times, and that is why having poker (and poker friends), and a life outside poker is so important.
This was interesting and something i will be testing as an argument in the next couple of months, as i am going for a mortgage application with HSBC and they said they would go though all the items on my recent statements, as part of the process.
I am planning on spending a small portion of my net current assets on staking. The point of a portfolio approach of asset allocation is to diversify "investments". Poker staking is the ultimate uncorrelated asset, no links to bond prices, stock markets, inflation etc. Its high risk, but so was my share purchases of BP & RBS. If they tell me that I will never make money on poker then I will tell them that the £2k I took off Stars (from MTT cashes) in Nov cant have happened then, so this money does not exist so was not spent so they cant give me a hard time over it.

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 07, 2012, 02:01:50 PM »

If people like Pete, Red Dog, JK et al can get it, then what is the problem.  They are not looking to rip off their stakers in anyway.

Railtard sells out instantly and there are always more people that want to buy a piece that lose out because they dont see the thread quick enough. Should he not be able to charge a premium over his true value?

Skolsupers auctions have been good fun on here and he will probably do them again despite a few people having a go at them.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 07, 2012, 02:12:39 PM »

Jason all this stuff gets explained to you time after time.

Serious question now, are you just trolling or actually deluded? You confuse me a lot.
People are not investing in Red Dog, Pete Wigglesworth and Paul Romain because of the value Papertits. There are other factors going on and for people to have a go at em is totally wrong. I am 100% sure that all their backers are more than happy with their investments.  Sorry if it comes across as trolling. Just get fed up with people saying such and such ain't worth the mark up when to other people they clearly are.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 07, 2012, 02:41:15 PM »

Is that what you consider an impressive HM Jason? A whole bunch of mincashes in <£300 comps and one win in 2 years? Not a single cash in an event >£500? How does that make him worthy of 1.3 in a 770? I wouldn't buy at 0.3, seriously.

It's a bit of a joke and IMO is nothing like red or JKs threads, everyone knows the score there.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 07, 2012, 02:41:33 PM »

Something/someones value is purely determined by what someone else is actually willing to pay for it...and not by opinion. We all as individuals have different opinions which will rarely be in line..

Arguing the toss whether someone is worth 1.3 or 1.2 is pointless...if someone is willing to pay 1.3 then thats what they are worth..

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: March 07, 2012, 02:42:07 PM »

Staking has improved immeasurably - at least now people only sell 100% of themselves at most.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 07, 2012, 02:56:32 PM »

would happily crossbook aaron or any other blonde vs wiggleworth at max 5k

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: