blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 04:48:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  DTD £150 £50,000 Deepstack Mid-May :Day 2 and Final
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD £150 £50,000 Deepstack Mid-May :Day 2 and Final  (Read 71447 times)
Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: May 27, 2012, 04:34:52 PM »

Lol think we should settle this with a boat race!!

LOL wpwp.

@Oxford_HRV, if he was colluding why would he call with K9 vs the same player in the same situation with worse odds than before?

well when you play with anyone for long enough and all their shoves are getting through on you, your mind will keep telling you he is doing this uberr light, and by that time K9s dont look so bad, plus if his read is right and north has junk there is no way the stable boss can say anything about that play, therefore he keeps everyone happy with a snap here!

But if they were colluding none of that would matter

Pretty sure ive stated before i didnt think they were both colluding.
Oxford_HRV

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: May 27, 2012, 04:46:32 PM »

my point is clearly a strong belief that the A9 hand was soft play!! does anyone even know how much he made it from the button to fold to an 800k shove!?Huh?

plus outsider's influencing players decision's in a childish manor of 'i will fall out with you if you take out my guy' is just terrible in my eyes.

To win at poker is to not have to play
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: May 27, 2012, 04:49:31 PM »

Soft play = colluding in my book

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Oxford_HRV

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: May 27, 2012, 05:07:11 PM »

no one knows how much he made it from the button to then fold to the 800k shove (A9) with a 6m stack
i'm just annoyed at the fact people dont think it's bad that he was influenced by someone else, who knows what would of happened if this chinese frankie said it would have been fine if he busted out his horse..

jakally

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: May 27, 2012, 05:20:08 PM »

no one knows how much he made it from the button to then fold to the 800k shove (A9) with a 6m stack
i'm just annoyed at the fact people dont think it's bad that he was influenced by someone else, who knows what would of happened if this chinese frankie said it would have been fine if he busted out his horse..

I think the consensus is, that his decision wasn't influenced, and it was just a bit of humorous banter.
I hope I'm wrong, but it feels like you are trying to cause trouble, just for the sake of it.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: May 27, 2012, 05:22:01 PM »

I think the consensus is, that his decision wasn't influenced, and it was just a bit of humorous banter.
I hope I'm wrong, but it feels like you are trying to cause trouble, just for the sake of it.

This - although maybe ill-advised banter' would describe it better

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: May 27, 2012, 05:24:54 PM »

This - although maybe ill-advised banter' would describe it better

Yes, I think that is a better description.
Oxford_HRV

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: May 27, 2012, 05:34:44 PM »

ok guys it was 'humorous banter' and no one seems to believe this was anything more.
i dont want an issue with anyone, but if you all believe im here to cause trouble i will leave my point as i have already explained.

i'll stand my ground that the A9 hand was collusion/soft play

Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: May 27, 2012, 07:16:22 PM »

HRV it seems that if you are outside the inner circle then you cannot ever be correct. This has been shown recently in the Staking caveat debate.

I agree with your views but lets just leave it there its like flogging a dead horse.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: May 27, 2012, 07:19:38 PM »

HRV it seems that if you are outside the inner circle then you cannot ever be correct. This has been shown recently in the Staking caveat debate.

stop talking rubbish, Kilsby

the Staking Caveat debate has gone unchecked for several days, firm views on both sides of the debate from all sorts of people. No inner circle in operation there. Just various people agreeing and disagreeing with each other

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: May 27, 2012, 07:29:21 PM »

I agree with your views but lets just leave it there its like flogging a dead horse.

Who is in the inner circle?

Me, mantis and bobby or keys, lil dave and dmorgan.

I hope its my side. I've never been in an inner circle before!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 07:32:27 PM by The Camel » Logged

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: May 27, 2012, 07:32:51 PM »

I can assure you, it's not about that.
It's about not repeatedly accusing someone of cheating, on an open forum, when the evidence, such as it is, doesn't back that up.

Put yourself in the position of the people involved, and have a stab at how you would feel.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: May 27, 2012, 07:49:55 PM »

I was just correcting Girgy and I thought it was all put to bed as well Cheesy

Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: May 27, 2012, 08:13:49 PM »

I can assure you, it's not about that.
It's about not repeatedly accusing someone of cheating, on an open forum, when the evidence, such as it is, doesn't back that up.

Put yourself in the position of the people involved, and have a stab at how you would feel.

Ive just read back and havent repeatedly accused anyone of cheating, once i mentioned softplay with the first fold, secondary to the point, perhaps i'm trying to understand why A9s is not a snap call for 20% of a stack 3 handed but K9 is a snap for a larger amount, maybe it will help me develop.

stop talking rubbish, Kilsby

the Staking Caveat debate has gone unchecked for several days, firm views on both sides of the debate from all sorts of people. No inner circle in operation there. Just various people agreeing and disagreeing with each other

Fair enought Tighty, perhaps that point was a little invalid and not well thought out. I still stand by the fact that i believe anyone non 'reg' making that fold to someone they knew would receive flaming.
I think even yourself doing the updates was surprised.

Whats done is done, in the end the best player won in and it was over a week ago. I only respond on here when a comment is posted and think this is put to bed now.

Who is in the inner circle?

Me, mantis and bobby or keys, lil dave and dmorgan.

I hope its my side. I've never been in an inner circle before!

Well ive been reading that thread with interest but held back from commenting.
Maybe you are the inner square party. Think theres an entry test to step up to the circle.

End of now, you wont here a peep from me unless directly replied to. No offence was meant to anyone btw, just trying to understand how the folds were justified.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: May 27, 2012, 09:04:02 PM »

@Killerkilsby

The % of your stacking your calling off is NOT the most important factor when deciding whether to call allins. The number of big blinds the shove is, is FAR more important. Wadey and other good players know this.

What if the blinds in that hand were 5k 10k, Wadey raised to 25k and Gary shoved for 800k, or 80 big blinds. Would you call then?

I know the blinds weren't 5k/10k, but the point is, you don't know what they were and it could've been a very large shove compared to the blinds, so the fact it was 20% of his stack would be irrelevant.

The K9 was much later on, maybe the blinds were massive and the shove was only 10 big blinds.

That is how one can be a fold, one can be a call.

You just don't have enough information to come to the conclusions you've come to.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: