blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:08:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272535 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Cmon England!!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cmon England!!!!  (Read 44522 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2012, 07:34:53 PM »

Anyone else think they just watched a friendly?

More a reflection on France than us, though. We were always going to be happy with a point. Anyone that backed France to win this comp must be sweating.

Harry might be right about us having the best defence in the tournament.

As I've already included FAR too many quotes for a month's time to be used against me, I'd best add some anti-mockers (mocker-bets for value?):

That Defoe will never get a hat trick in this comp;
What a terrible selection Henderson was;
We always struggle against Sweden

There. That should even it up.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Snowball

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2012, 07:45:37 PM »

By far the worst atmosphere of the tournament so far, reminded me of watching the Ajax Tournament when Ajax weren't playing.

the Ukrainian authorities banned the England band, despite UEFA agreeing to them attending beforehand

Very few French there either
Yeah I heard that.
The Ukranians have scored a major own goal by the prices they were charging for Hotels and such.We seem to have two seperate tournaments on the go as Poland has had great crowds, atmosphere at nearly every game has been good and even the games have been more entertaining so far.
Having said that I would have expected Engand to have taken a few thousand more, the French have never really travelled in numbers.

Not sure there is the money about these days to go that far, for the usual numbers of travelling fans, especially with expectations of our performance so low
They have had plenty time to save up for it and I don't agree with the second point as it's not as if the Irish fans expect to get out their Group.Their is 20k in Poland and would have been 10k in Ukraine.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2012, 07:52:02 PM »

the hotel prices in donetsk are more down to uefa than the ukrainians. there aren't a huge number of hotels in the city, it doesn't get tourists, and a very large % of what there is were booked by uefa well over a year ago. this is why the campsite outside the city was constructed

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2012, 08:02:24 PM »

By far the worst atmosphere of the tournament so far, reminded me of watching the Ajax Tournament when Ajax weren't playing.

the Ukrainian authorities banned the England band, despite UEFA agreeing to them attending beforehand

Very few French there either
Yeah I heard that.
The Ukranians have scored a major own goal by the prices they were charging for Hotels and such.We seem to have two seperate tournaments on the go as Poland has had great crowds, atmosphere at nearly every game has been good and even the games have been more entertaining so far.
Having said that I would have expected Engand to have taken a few thousand more, the French have never really travelled in numbers.

Not sure there is the money about these days to go that far, for the usual numbers of travelling fans, especially with expectations of our performance so low
They have had plenty time to save up for it and I don't agree with the second point as it's not as if the Irish fans expect to get out their Group.Their is 20k in Poland and would have been 10k in Ukraine.
Is that just plucked out the air? Surely nothing to base it on?
Other factors - It's only 2 years since South Africa. It's 10 years since Ireland went to a tournament.
Despite lower expectations our expectations are still higher than Ireland's. It is easier to plan to go to a tournament when you know you will be coming back. England numbers will increase as each game goes by as if fans can only afford a finite number of games/days out there then people want to be there at the business end of things.
A lot of England fans follow their clubs too so have tickets and travel to pay for throughout the season. Most Ireland fans just have to buy a Liverpool or Man U shirt don't they?
Not denying it's poor numbers but it'll grow and there are plenty of reasons for Ireland taking more than us to not be a shock.
superwomble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2012, 08:10:50 PM »

Played against 14 men all game, then we bring Henderson on so we were down to 10 men - good result those points considered.

Wasn't impressed with Welbeck either.

Would've taken a draw beforehand though so happy enough.

AFC Wimbledon Poker Club - https://www.facebook.com/afcwpokerclub/
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2012, 08:11:53 PM »

Don't understand te welbeck stick. He ran his bollocks off and got no service whatsoever.

Also Parker and Gerrard far too deep they new to get off Terry's toes, France had no presence in the box and being so deep really hindered us going forward.

Vvv impressed with Johnson.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2012, 08:15:49 PM »

i am not a wellbeck fan but thought he was superb tbh

ran the lines well worked hard kept the ball well always available not sure what else you want from a striker playing for a team with 35% possesion

never have and never will have defoe at this level his all around game is nowere near good enough
WPIL

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2012, 08:18:48 PM »

Happy with the point
Expecatations still low
2nd world class player to return in 1 more game
Not saying anything else
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2012, 08:30:09 PM »

i am not a wellbeck fan but thought he was superb tbh

ran the lines well worked hard kept the ball well always available not sure what else you want from a striker playing for a team with 35% possesion

never have and never will have defoe at this level his all around game is nowere near good enough

Agree although he looked sharp today tbf

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2012, 08:44:53 PM »

I thought the signs were that our back 4 with Gerrard and Parker holding in front would probably make us pretty solid

That's a good base to work from, then its a question of getting combinations up top right. That will come. Thought Welbeck was fine, Milner should have scored from the Young through ball too. Ox was quiet, but we know he'll come good for 2014-16 majors

If we could keep possession better, then we can take the pressure off. Thats an issue of technique and patience.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2012, 08:53:19 PM »

As a measure of how well we defended

http://fourfourtwo.com/statszone/share.aspx?i=08JFS

Benzema only received one pass in the penalty area all game

My eyes are open wide
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2012, 08:57:42 PM »

Ox was quiet, but we know he'll come good for 2014-16 majors

Yeah but by then Junior Hoilett will be eligible for England!!!!! ;-)

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2012, 08:59:37 PM »

Ox was quiet, but we know he'll come good for 2014-16 majors

Yeah but by then Junior Hoilett will be eligible for England!!!!! ;-)

Going to Borussia this summer, right?

My point is whatever Ox does in these Championships is a bonus, he'll be the real deal in 2-4 years time

My eyes are open wide
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2012, 09:04:17 PM »

They don't know yet.  The preference at the end of the season was to stay in England but Germany suits well because the younger son is at Mainz.

The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2012, 09:29:50 PM »

Right selection, right tactics, right result.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: