blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:03:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Darts Betting and discussion
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 ... 236 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Darts Betting and discussion  (Read 487308 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2475 on: July 28, 2017, 10:45:13 PM »

I reckon MVG's missus gone into labour and he fucked the game off to get to the airport.  His decision making was all over the shop from leg 1 right until the end.  Why would you leave d3 when you got 146 left and Taylor not on a checkout?  Among numerous other baffling decisions tonight by him.

Yeah, very odd, IDK if his head had gone with all his cocky "no one is trouble for me" stuff all the way through the week, comes out, starts badly, gets booed, loses his head a bit and falls apart? So odd, like he thought all he needed to do was turn up and he'd walk it?

Whats Phil's issue with Wayne Mardle btw? had loads of digs at him over the years did I miss something from their playing days?

Isn't he just a snide *****, who has issues with everyone?

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: July 28, 2017, 10:48:04 PM »

I reckon MVG's missus gone into labour and he fucked the game off to get to the airport.  His decision making was all over the shop from leg 1 right until the end.  Why would you leave d3 when you got 146 left and Taylor not on a checkout?  Among numerous other baffling decisions tonight by him.

Yeah, very odd, IDK if his head had gone with all his cocky "no one is trouble for me" stuff all the way through the week, comes out, starts badly, gets booed, loses his head a bit and falls apart? So odd, like he thought all he needed to do was turn up and he'd walk it?

Whats Phil's issue with Wayne Mardle btw? had loads of digs at him over the years did I miss something from their playing days?

Not sure with Mardle but like Marky says it is anyone and everyone.  He even managed to have a pop at jackpot in his post match interview as well. 
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: July 28, 2017, 10:50:54 PM »

Not sure with Mardle but like Marky says it is anyone and everyone.  He even managed to have a pop at jackpot in his post match interview as well. 

He's just a truly horrible man.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: July 29, 2017, 07:18:32 AM »

Reckon it tilts him how much money MVG is making compared to him in his hay day? The levels of dominance are equal and Taylors period was over such a long time, if the current set up financially was there in Taylor's day he'd have made £25m+ from prize money!!

Even though he's had the absolute lot out the game, his prize money must be dwarfed by the value of his pdc interest?

Omm

View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: July 29, 2017, 07:23:06 AM »

Reckon it tilts him how much money MVG is making compared to him in his hay day? The levels of dominance are equal and Taylors period was over such a long time, if the current set up financially was there in Taylor's day he'd have made £25m+ from prize money!!

Even though he's had the absolute lot out the game, his prize money must be dwarfed by the value of his pdc interest?

Spot on I reckon Dave, always seems like a sense of entitlement with Phil, like darts wouldn't be were it is without him, even if it's true I don't think he can stand the amount of money in the game now, probably why he still hangs around.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: July 29, 2017, 09:34:24 AM »

Yeh, MVG made a few quid less for his last WC win than PT won for his first 10!

Would have thought he would have been a litte less aggro last night, he claimed that Lewis would never admit it that he helped him out a lot at the start of his career...whereas I recall numerous interviews where Lewis gives Phil a lot of credit for his rise in the game? He always shows him a huge amount of respect at least.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: July 29, 2017, 09:48:39 AM »

Yeh, MVG made a few quid less for his last WC win than PT won for his first 10!

Would have thought he would have been a litte less aggro last night, he claimed that Lewis would never admit it that he helped him out a lot at the start of his career...whereas I recall numerous interviews where Lewis gives Phil a lot of credit for his rise in the game? He always shows him a huge amount of respect at least.

I would be amazed if Taylor hasn't properly looked after his cash throughout his career so the above statement must be slightly misleading and doesn't take account for inflation.  Every time he won a TV major even in those days he could have taken the money back to Stoke and bought a house with it pretty much.  These houses will now all be worth what a 2017 tv major pays in cash effectively.  He must be worth £20m at least surely?

I don't think he is motivated by money at all.  He is a nasty person by nature with a chip on his shoulder and i think he just lives for nights like last night when he can still prove to the world he has it.  He keeps playing for me because he has nothing else to do in his life, loves the needle/aggro and ultimately he knows without him darts isn't the product it is today.  His ego thrives on knowing that and letting other people know that and he knows he can keep playing for as long as he wants.  I wouldn't be surprised at all if he keeps playing next year as well (just in the TV majors like this year).  He has said many times he is retiring.  If at the end of this year he is still ranked in the top 8 in the world only playing the tv majors then i can't see him retiring.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: July 29, 2017, 10:32:58 AM »

Adrian Lewis‏Verified account @jackpot180 

Hi folks, the reason why I'm going backwards & forwards from home because my bed is a lot more comfortable after my operation. 1/2

I'm only 55 mins from home and my surgeon said I'm lucky this injury did not end my career.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: July 29, 2017, 10:35:06 AM »

Hi folks, the reason why I'm going backwards & forwards from home because my bed is a lot more comfortable after my operation. 1/2

I'm only 55 mins from home and my surgeon said I'm lucky this injury did not end my career.

Must have a hell of a car/driver to get from newcastle under lyme to Blackpool in under an hour.  83 miles and 1 hour 40 minutes on google maps.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: July 29, 2017, 10:37:08 AM »

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1881660/divorce-judge-tells-darts-legend-phil-taylor-at-least-his-wife-cant-take-his-nickname-as-he-awards-her-a-huge-chunk-of-his-3-4m-fortune/

Costly divorce Phil!!!

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: July 29, 2017, 10:45:09 AM »

£3.4m net worth?  PDC only valued at £5m as a company?  Really?
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: July 29, 2017, 10:50:28 AM »

Should have hired a helicopter, seriously!

BAsic research looks like it would have cost ~£2700 and the match is for £13k and he's a big favourite, plus it'll be tax deductible and he really needs a good showing at one of the majors after a pretty poor yeh, pretty much insignificant really the costs in the grand scheme.

Help me out with this Taylor/Lewis game....

Officially I think Taylor should be ~ 3/5 but MAJOR doubts over Lewis' staying power after he collapsed against Norris yesterday, outside of those 8 legs though he was absolutely brilliant. Phil was also awesome against Barney & MVG, he's knocking on though and has shown a bit of fatigue/lack of focus this year, he played last night and playing late tonight... Could that be a factor??

Lewis seems to be playing super relaxed aside from the injury, and Phil wants this one SO bad....

Do we have to assume that Lewis just isn't going to have a 30 leg game in him? Shall we look at the under 28.5 legs market @ 6/5 or you think it's gonna be a cracker???

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: July 29, 2017, 10:55:28 AM »

Should have hired a helicopter, seriously!

BAsic research looks like it would have cost ~£2700 and the match is for £13k and he's a big favourite, plus it'll be tax deductible and he really needs a good showing at one of the majors after a pretty poor yeh, pretty much insignificant really the costs in the grand scheme.

Help me out with this Taylor/Lewis game....

Officially I think Taylor should be ~ 3/5 but MAJOR doubts over Lewis' staying power after he collapsed against Norris yesterday, outside of those 8 legs though he was absolutely brilliant. Phil was also awesome against Barney & MVG, he's knocking on though and has shown a bit of fatigue/lack of focus this year, he played last night and playing late tonight... Could that be a factor??

Lewis seems to be playing super relaxed aside from the injury, and Phil wants this one SO bad....

Do we have to assume that Lewis just isn't going to have a 30 leg game in him? Shall we look at the under 28.5 legs market @ 6/5 or you think it's gonna be a cracker???

How about just renting a decent apartment in blackpool for a week circa £500 tops.  Get your agent to order you an identical version of your magic bed and get it delivered to the said apartment.  Circa £1500 tops.  Still cheaper than a helicopter and you can stay all week!  His missus is heavily pregnant tbf so that is probably the main reason why he is commuting daily.

Would jackpot fit in a helicopter?  Would it take off?

Lewis looked in pain to me towards the end of the match and fell over the line.  I hope he is fit and they put on a proper match.  Taylor could also bounce maybe ?  Beating MVG nowadays is like beating Taylor 10 years ago and Taylor might suffer from the bounce of turning over MVG.  So many questions to ask and try to answer.

Surprised in the gulf in the prices in the other semi tbh.  I think it should be a lot closer in the betting.  Wright hasn't impressed me this week at all.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 11:02:59 AM by arbboy » Logged
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: July 29, 2017, 11:47:05 AM »

Crowd likely to be a factor in the Taylor game as well. Looks like his opponents are going to have to put up with a hostile atmosphere.

I've backed Gurney, 2/1 looks huge to me. Gurney been superb all week and was the same in Vegas.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: July 29, 2017, 11:47:42 AM »

I think Gurney is a slam dunk bet at the prices, arguably been the best player in the tournament and PW's not been himself for weeks.

At a loss with the Lewis game, everything seems to be pointing toward a lewis handicap bet but a little scared about it.

Pages: 1 ... 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 ... 236 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: